Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dpbjinc posted:

But can non-spectrals see the shadows?

Well, if spirits cast shadows and there are some real big spirits out there, I'd say no. Otherwise somebody woulda noticed by now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tollymain posted:

Well, if spirits cast shadows and there are some real big spirits out there, I'd say no. Otherwise somebody woulda noticed by now :v:

Have you ever wondered about clouds...?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

SaladinShui:

Interesting that the spirit shows up on film. I mean presumably only the spectrals can see it, but still. That means the camera is actually recording it, just in a way that’s invisible to normal people, right?

Zack:

Yes. I have an idea for a chapter using this as a plot device. I think the idea is that, to spectrals, the spirits are completely real in such a way that, for example, a spectral would be able to avoid getting a tan on a sunny day by staying under a large, floating spirit. The real world and the supernatural world are sort of like two separate worlds on top of each other, with spectrals getting affected by things in both

Taken from the Zack's comment page posted last page.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
update: http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-79/

translations:
Panel 3: "... Ki... ids...?"
Panel 9: "Hmph. I should crack open your skull and find what parasite makes power so predictable.”
“To think it must be by your hand that I-"

Panel 11: "WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?!"

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 17, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Interesting that Forge felt conflicted that there were kids on the train. Not surprised Spender decides to still fight Forger though.

Not the first time he's left his group in danger.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Shindragon posted:

Interesting that Forge felt conflicted that there were kids on the train. Not surprised Spender decides to still fight Forger though.

Not the first time he's left his group in danger.

Actually with him looking back at the woods like that, I wonder if he heard/sensed Johnny and co.?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Actually with him looking back at the woods like that, I wonder if he heard/sensed Johnny and co.?

I'm wondering that myself. He already seemed pissed off that Spender chose to stay and fight for reasons beyond the risk of Spender killing him, so what set him off even more? It's possible that some kids just arrived and he's assuming that Spender is bringing them into the conflict.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ooooooh THAT'S right, Johnny and them are still following. I forgot about those. Wonder if they'll just see Spender fighting air though.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 17, 2014

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think he sees the train turning around to attack Forge, so he knows he doesn't have to go catch it. That would also explain the last panel.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Wow, the train is looking really horrifying right now. You couldn't get me to ride that thing after seeing that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Begemot posted:

I think he sees the train turning around to attack Forge, so he knows he doesn't have to go catch it. That would also explain the last panel.

Now that you mention, you notice some lights behind Spender so Forge is probably noticing something behind Spender and not necessarily his reaction to Spender staying to fight.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Oh my god it's I'm not telling I just know it is it has to be :allears:

e: seriously if anyone else has worked it out and ruins it for everyone my vengeance will be swift and painful.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 17, 2014

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Splicer posted:

Oh my god it's the Castle AAAAaarggghhhhh... I just know it is it has to be :allears:

It's definitely not the train. The train gives off yellow light and this is pink/red. It's also not Spender for the same reason. It could be Johnny and the gang, but that train was moving awfully fast, so who knows if they could've caught up to it by now.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 17, 2014

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

neogeo0823 posted:

It's definitely not the train. The train gives off yellow light and this is pink/red. It's also not Spender for the same reason. It could be Johnny and the gang, but that train was moving awfully fast, so who knows if they could've caught up to it by now.
Please remove my spoiler! I editted it so as not to ruin it for anyone.

e: Thank you! I'm probably wrong but if not...

Splicer fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 17, 2014

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Zack went back and rewrote panel 9 to be in English instead of Spiritspeak, presumably because Forge is talking to Spender.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Splicer posted:

e: seriously if anyone else has worked it out and ruins it for everyone my vengeance will be swift and painful.

I think I know who you're speaking about a new character we haven't seen yet, but who has been spoken about already.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Splicer posted:

This is the weirdest use of spoiler tags I've ever seen.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Cat Mattress posted:

I think I know who you're speaking about a new character we haven't seen yet, but who has been spoken about already.

I saw the name but it wasn't familiar to me. I thought it would be boss leader or her lackey

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, Forge's line in panel nine. Yet another one from him acknowledging that he can't beat Spender. Though he seems less resigned and more pissed compared to two pages ago.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Roland Jones posted:

Man, Forge's line in panel nine. Yet another one from him acknowledging that he can't beat Spender. Though he seems less resigned and more pissed compared to two pages ago.

I think he's planning to not beat Spender. If his corporeal body gets wrecked, he can do something with the multiheaded whoosewhatshit to get through the barrier.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

rotinaj posted:

I think he's planning to not beat Spender. If his corporeal body gets wrecked, he can do something with the multiheaded whoosewhatshit to get through the barrier.

He'll have to be pretty quick to dodge Spender's follow up strikes, if that's his plan. The man hasn't shown any mercy to spirits so far after their corporeal bodies have been done in, so I doubt that Forge would be exempt from that treatment.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I thought Gramdpa was being over dramatic about Spencer choking on the "greater good" on some hero's blade but now I think it was a fair warning.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Don't forget a few strips ago we saw that Forge had finished a tiny door; perhaps he hopes to hold out until the Doorman opens it, then die next to it and nip through it in spirit-ghost form.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 18, 2014

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

Don't forget a few strips ago we saw that Forge had finished a tiny door; perhaps he hopes to hold out until the Doorman opens it, then die next to it and nip through it in spirit-ghost form.

For that plan to work, he'd need to toss the tiny key to Doorman or to someone on the other side of the barrier that can bring the key to Doorman.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

For that plan to work, he'd need to toss the tiny key to Doorman or to someone on the other side of the barrier that can bring the key to Doorman.

He has the locket; presumably it'll only be a few seconds between the locket portal opening and the tiny door opening once he sends the key through the locket.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Can't read that last panel. Looks like "What... estrus, whenever!?" which can't be right.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Penguingo posted:

Can't read that last panel. Looks like "What... estrus, whenever!?" which can't be right.

WHAT.... IS THIS NONSENSE

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Penguingo posted:

Why is that word even in your vocabulary.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

flatluigi posted:

Achewood recently used it to poor effect.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Nothing wrong about knowing about that. Plenty of people have pets or breed animals. It's not like it's a thing with humans.

Unless this is one of those wacky Reddit things?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I was so sure it was going to be the Friendship Fusion behind Spender :(

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Hey, it's that dog.

(What the heck is going on with those dogs though for real)

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Jesus christ spender is dumb.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Sixth time? Oh, Spender. :allears:

Did the site layout change in the past hour or so? It looks nice.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Oh, hey, what do you know, a new page to link!

http://paranatural.net/index.php?id=237

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Line Feed posted:

Oh geeze. I do think you should all go check out Starchman's entry on the new cast page.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Line Feed posted:

Cast page update too!

quote:

Some nerd in Max's class. Hopes to someday pilot two gundams

It's me, I'm basically Jeff.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Line Feed posted:

Pretty excited about that store page. Make sure to mouse over Scrapdragon's face on the header, too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Oh, hey, what do you know, a new page to link!

http://paranatural.net/index.php?id=237

I'm glad someone does this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

quote:

Mysterious, intellectual, athletic... these are 3 words that have nothing to do with Rick Spender.
:allears:

Really one would kind of expect Spender to have an anime-style "enemy presence" radar. But I suppose to be truly like him, it would have to be totally wrong all the time.