Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't do a progcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Please let me know when you do a progcast so I can ignore it.

same

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Glad to hear The Ross Report was so popular, I found it an enjoyable listen though there are still some technical issues they're clearly working through (not least of which is Ross frequently pausing for sponsorship breaks that don't appear to have been inserted at all).

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 20, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Looking at the chart right now it's actually #1 in the U.S. but I don't think it's super rare for new podcasts to rocket to the top since the algorithm favors new subscriptions and reviews.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I will listen to any progcast

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I would listen to Progcast if only at the halfway point we just listen to Echoes all the way through and then go back to discussion.

For Punchsport: As a Pirates fan how enraged should I be at Bob Nutting?

For both: Favorite Style of Wrestling?

For Piss: Best voice to use in Saints Row IV?

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 20, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Progcast needs to be a thing cause I wanna hear long analyses about Roger Dean's album art.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A progcast would literally just be all three of them farting into their mics for three and a half hours.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Another question I thought up earlier...what was your favorite weapon from Steve Blackman's bag of toys?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

achillesforever6 posted:

For Piss: Best voice to use in Saints Row IV?

British voice best voice

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Whoever put Yakety Sax over boring buyrate talk deserves a medal.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Austin's interview with Zeb Colter/Dutch Mantel is up!

He lives the gimmick. :allears:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 20, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Batista posted:

Austin's interview with Zeb Colter/Dutch Mantel is up!

He lives the gimmick. :allears:

Damnit, I was hoping for Dutch Mantel as himself.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skunkrocker posted:

Damnit, I was hoping for Dutch Mantel as himself.

85% of the interview is just Dutch being Dutch. When Austin asks him to talk about Zeb (and in particular about his actions involving The Real Americans) he goes into character, probably in order to maintain the sense of kayfabe since it is an ongoing storyline.

I was actually disappointed though not too surprised that they didn't touch on his time in TNA at all. The stuff about Puerto Rico was pretty fascinating though.

Dutch Mantel posted:

So I finally make it to the ring and Harley Race says to me,"Kid.... I think we better get the hell outta here..."

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Don't do a progcast.

gently caress you, Progcast or die fuckers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

85% of the interview is just Dutch being Dutch. When Austin asks him to talk about Zeb (and in particular about his actions involving The Real Americans) he goes into character, probably in order to maintain the sense of kayfabe since it is an ongoing storyline.

I was actually disappointed though not too surprised that they didn't touch on his time in TNA at all. The stuff about Puerto Rico was pretty fascinating though.

He kind of passes the buck a bit too much when he talks about TNA so it is probably for the best.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The times where TNA comes up are definitely proof Austin means it when he says "I try not to bury anyone on my show."

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
Great show. Austin and Dutch both had a hard time thinking of good things to say about Swagger, though. Plenty of stuff to say about Cesaro (Siz-Air-Oh), but with Swagger they resorted to OK football and how Zeb needed to slap him to get him fired up in the ring.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Finally got around to listening to the Austin/Cena interview. Pretty great stuff. Was Cena's family really poor when he was coming up though? I was under the impression that they were decently well off

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cena is not just obsessed by money, he is consumed by it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Finally got around to listening to the Austin/Cena interview. Pretty great stuff. Was Cena's family really poor when he was coming up though? I was under the impression that they were decently well off

Compared to Cena now they were dirt poor. Compared to anyone else they were fairly well off. You see the house they grew up in when he was a kid? It's a bloody palace.

Probably why this picture exists.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gonzo McFee posted:

Compared to Cena now they were dirt poor. Compared to anyone else they were fairly well off. You see the house they grew up in when he was a kid? It's a bloody palace.

Yeah, he talked about going to private school, but he wasn't like those rich kids there, he had to work hard to help pay the bills or something.

I dunno, just felt like him trying to reconcile his past with his WWE everyman character. Which is fine, just trying to figure out the truth of it all.

I also laughed when Austin asked Cena if he was a good student, and Cena tried to figure out a way to say he was a lovely student while also being a good role model for kids.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

triplexpac posted:

Yeah, he talked about going to private school, but he wasn't like those rich kids there, he had to work hard to help pay the bills or something.

I dunno, just felt like him trying to reconcile his past with his WWE everyman character. Which is fine, just trying to figure out the truth of it all.

I also laughed when Austin asked Cena if he was a good student, and Cena tried to figure out a way to say he was a lovely student while also being a good role model for kids.

This is about as negative a spin as you could put on that part of the discussion. Cena said he worked a job to help pay his private school tuition and he wished he would have worked harder on his studies. Who in their thirties doesn't wish they worked harder in high school?

Dude is fake as gently caress often, it didn't bother me there.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OSWReview just had their entire channel killed with copyright notices. Jay's unsure if they're going to be able to carry on.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

VogeGandire posted:

OSWReview just had their entire channel killed with copyright notices. Jay's unsure if they're going to be able to carry on.

Must be that pre-Network purge I feared was coming.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

VogeGandire posted:

Their Youtube's fine to me?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Introducing The Main Event Superstars Podcast!

This podcast features: Myself and Sunsweet giving our reviews of WWE Main Event and Superstars, along with other discussion concerning topics within professional wrestling! Our first episode reviews this week's episodes of Main Event and Superstars, as well as preview the Elimination Chamber PPV, Favorite Wrestling Moment of the Week and more!

I feel weird posting this considering the amount of other podcasts, but we're going to do our best to carve things out and find our place.

Subscribe: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MainEventSuperstars
iTunes coming soon!

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 22, 2014

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
This is a very good podcast. Looking forward to you developing it. Really easy to listen to.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Pisscast: If the best gimmicks are a wrestler's personality turned up to 11, why are we surprised Hulk Hogan, outside of wrestling, is a douchebag?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Good podcast, though I wish someone would do a recap of NXT

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

VogeGandire posted:

I hope they have everything backed up. I would suggest they do something similar to RiffTrax - release a separate audio track to play while you're watching a PPV on the Network.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Bryan and Vinny do on Sunday.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

If it's going to be on the network I might be more open to watching it and repeatedly making GBS threads on it to piss off listeners

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

oatgan posted:

If it's going to be on the network I might be more open to watching it and repeatedly making GBS threads on it to piss off listeners

It's been pretty bad the last few months so

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SaberToothedPie posted:

the more things change the more they stay the same

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Two of the LAW guys do whtsNXT.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan and Vinny do on Sunday.
Nah I meant one of the podcasts done by the pisscast/psp crew

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SaberToothedPie posted:

Fuckin WWE poaching all the best talent :mad:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Blasmeister posted:

Fuckin WWE poaching all the best talent :mad:

They still have Generico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

SaberToothedPie posted:

I think it has actually gotten back to being good for the last few weeks building to the live show on Thursday.

• Locked thread