Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Cryptobotanist posted:

I am really loving the DC Bombshells line. I already have Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn and have Black Canary pre-ordered but today I saw Zatanna revealed

She may be the best one of the line yet

Goddammit, now I really want Harley, but the wife would absolutely kill me if I dropped hundreds of dollars on a figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Old Man Pants posted:

Goddammit, now I really want Harley, but the wife would absolutely kill me if I dropped hundreds of dollars on a figure.

Well it's a statue, but if she retailed for $100, I can't imagine the eBay prices now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Coming out in June for about $50 this is a loving steal! These look amazing!

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Vintersorg posted:

Coming out in June for about $50 this is a loving steal! These look amazing!

That will go perfect sitting next to my Lego Delorean! I don't really have room anywhere though if they decide to make the Firehouse too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
After actively trying to think of a flaw (any excuse to not buy it because ow, my wallet), literally the only thing I can think of is a lack of green transparent rods for the proton beams. God, this set is pretty much perfect :rodimus:

Already picked up a new Metalbeard and a used Lunar Limo off of Bricklink this week... this hobby's gonna be the death of me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

404GoonNotFound posted:

After actively trying to think of a flaw (any excuse to not buy it because ow, my wallet), literally the only thing I can think of is a lack of green transparent rods for the proton beams. God, this set is pretty much perfect :rodimus:

Already picked up a new Metalbeard and a used Lunar Limo off of Bricklink this week... this hobby's gonna be the death of me.

You could probably buy a bunch online and mod em with little string or wire for the extra bits around the beam.

http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-transparent-neon-green-bar-1-x-4-30374

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Can anyone recommend a good rapier (or other suitable "dashing guy" sword) scaled to Marvel Select Nightcrawler?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

404GoonNotFound posted:

Proton streams are mostly yellow with blue lightning, though?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The_Doctor posted:

Proton streams are mostly yellow with blue lightning, though?

Hey, I'm just working from memory with the old bucket of early 90s space pieces I used to have.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

Well I wasn't going to be surprised, I've had a dozen people ask if we'll part out the boxed set so they can just get Catwoman.

In my own toy news, I've dipped into the new TMNT line and really dig them. Enough to start looking at older TMNT lines. I always regretted not getting the NECA line and looked for them on ebay to see them going for crazy prices. But there were also sets for $50 from China. Turns out there's some incredibly high quality knock offs available so I pulled the trigger on one. Will report on them when they arrive.

Yours come yet? Just got mine and they are pretty sweet. Some weapons don't fit that great in the hands and Don's staff is kinda flimsy. I almost broke it. Joint stiffness varied from figure to figure but none are in danger of falling over. Overall I am happy with these. Mine were $55 shipped from China.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found the Marvel Legends Spider-Man revision case today at my TRU, so I snagged Toxin, Spider-Girl, and Boomerang. No sign of the X-Men 5 pack yet, and still no Legacy Dragonzord, but they did have the Legacy Green/White Ranger Morpher, and the Legacy diecast Dragon Dagger, which I was super surprised at how good it looked and how much that fucker weighed. At $80 though that'll have to be a maybe purchase.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Picked up the new Knifehead and Trespaser Kaiju figures today. These guys are BIG. I took a pic next to a 7" Marine for scale:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Jace Madan posted:

Picked up the new Knifehead and Trespaser Kaiju figures today. These guys are BIG. I took a pic next to a 7" Marine for scale:

Where did you find them?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

Where did you find them?

A local collectible convention here in Southern California called "Frank and Sons". They usually get in the figures a few weeks before others get them in.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

lovely cellphone pic, but Samus and I agree--the Metroid Figma is loving amazing. Hand swaps were incredibly easy, too, compared to some older Figmas and other random figures I have sitting around.

EDIT: Add me to the list of people looking to buy Carnage and Spider-Woman if anyone finds extras (preferably not at TRU prices).

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I got the Link Figma figure a week or so back and really want to pick up that Samus too but I have that old 7" SNES Samus that came out years ago. The Link figure is phenomenal too, I really hope they continue to make more high profile Nintendo characters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

Yours come yet? Just got mine and they are pretty sweet. Some weapons don't fit that great in the hands and Don's staff is kinda flimsy. I almost broke it. Joint stiffness varied from figure to figure but none are in danger of falling over. Overall I am happy with these. Mine were $55 shipped from China.

How the gently caress did you get yours before me? I ordered mine first!

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

How the gently caress did you get yours before me? I ordered mine first!

I was really surprised that they showed up so fast. Guess it is a straight shot from China to Portland.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

I was really surprised that they showed up so fast. Guess it is a straight shot from China to Portland.

Mine say anywhere between tomorrow and the 26th. Curses!

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Jace Madan posted:

Those look great. Can't wait till BBTS gets mine in stock.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
I never liked those Turtle action figures because the bandanas were all the same color. My TMNT knowledge is from the 80's TV show and the live action movies - were the bandanas all red in the original comic or something?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Neo_Reloaded posted:

I never liked those Turtle action figures because the bandanas were all the same color. My TMNT knowledge is from the 80's TV show and the live action movies - were the bandanas all red in the original comic or something?

The original comic series had red-only bandanas.

The cartoon and movies had individually colored bandanas.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Neo_Reloaded posted:

Well you can get the Neca style figures with the different style headbands. I posted a picture of the group on Facebook and my friend asked "Why are they all Raphael?"

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I have no real attachment to the comics but I love the red bandanna on all four turtles. Never understood why people got so upset the comic based figures were like that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Toy Faire offering from Funko.

http://popvinyls.com/2014/02/17/toy-fair-2014-pics-funko-booth/

The Fantastic Mr.Fox figures are out of nowhere for myself - can't wait to scoop that set up. Hopefully they arrive locally as shipping to Canada is a bitch.

Their POP! line is loving insane - it's like EVERYTHING EVER. Guardians of the Galaxy, Ghostbusters, Arrested Development, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Goonies, Buffy. How the gently caress did they get all these licenses?!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vintersorg posted:

Toy Faire offering from Funko.

http://popvinyls.com/2014/02/17/toy-fair-2014-pics-funko-booth/

The Fantastic Mr.Fox figures are out of nowhere for myself - can't wait to scoop that set up. Hopefully they arrive locally as shipping to Canada is a bitch.

Their POP! line is loving insane - it's like EVERYTHING EVER. Guardians of the Galaxy, Ghostbusters, Arrested Development, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Goonies, Buffy. How the gently caress did they get all these licenses?!

This is the first I'm seeing of the Mystery Minis line and I really like some of those. The POP! stuff never did anything for me, though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would buy a Pop thing of my avatar. But he gets no love ever. Only Gir does. All the time. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CelticPredator posted:

I would buy a Pop thing of my avatar. But he gets no love ever. Only Gir does. All the time. :colbert:

Be patient. Nickelodeon is going to start licensing lots more to Pop! in the coming year.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Finally found Mutagen Man today. I did notice that there is a variant, one has green-tinted glass and the pupils painted on the eyes, and one has bluish-tinted glass with no pupils.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

Finally found Mutagen Man today. I did notice that there is a variant, one has green-tinted glass and the pupils painted on the eyes, and one has bluish-tinted glass with no pupils.

I was so excited to find him earlier this week but was super disappointed to see that he didn't have any liquid in him. Half the fun of 80s Mutagen Man was seeing the bubbles in his tank, made it more realistic.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Holy crap that is a lot. My girlfriend and I got each other White Walker Pop figures for Christmas a couple years ago, but I might have to pick at least that Slimer.

http://popvinyls.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/101_2016.jpg

I wish Sloth was better in the Goonies line. Groot is pretty drat cool. Tobias Funke as a Blue Man? Hmmm, I just saw Blue Man Group in Chicago last week and hated it and love Arrested Development. I might have to get that. Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit with the crazy eyes looks interesting as well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhyno posted:

Be patient. Nickelodeon is going to start licensing lots more to Pop! in the coming year.

Good to hear!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone looking for the AIM beekeeper guy from the Cap Legends line?

Was shopping early this morning and found one.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

I was so excited to find him earlier this week but was super disappointed to see that he didn't have any liquid in him. Half the fun of 80s Mutagen Man was seeing the bubbles in his tank, made it more realistic.

You always had to add the water yourself, my friend.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You always had to add the water yourself, my friend.

8 year old me does not remember this, thanks for ruining the magic!

So can you add water to the new one or not?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

8 year old me does not remember this, thanks for ruining the magic!

So can you add water to the new one or not?

You can and should! Please note that it is not watertight, however, and if your cat knocks it over it'll slowly leak all over your deck while you're at work. Hypothetically.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You can and should! Please note that it is not watertight, however, and if your cat knocks it over it'll slowly leak all over your deck while you're at work. Hypothetically.

Good to know! Now to find another Mutagen Man!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

Mine just arrived today! Haven't torn into them yet but they look great!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My TMNT NECA knock offs are awesome but all of them except Raph have their feet switched around! I've never repaired a figure and these ankle joints look weird. I'm not sure if the "boil and pop" method will work.

Today we went to check out awesome local toystore Intergalactic Toys's new store and it was excellent and my buddy bought me this as a birthday present