Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Eifert Posting posted:

Oh boy another team with a white helmet, I was just saying that we needed another to go with the eleven white/off-white ones we have now.

I was thinking we could get more teams with blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bucco Bruce grew out his beard!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bucco nooooo where is your dashing smirk :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ohfuckme

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

So dumb and aggro that it goes all the way back around to awesome

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

It look more like someone stabbed him in the neck than him holding it between his teeth. I wouldn't be happy either...

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Bruce is the undead. It all makes sense now.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

You have to be kidding me

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
So the flag didnt change just the dumb pirate guy? He looks stupid now.

edit: oh, it's an ebay link. Maybe those are knock offs or something. They're coming from Canada for some reason.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

You have to be kidding me

Wait until you see the rest of the uniform :jerkbag:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Schwack posted:

So the flag didnt change just the dumb pirate guy? He looks stupid now.

edit: oh, it's an ebay link. Maybe those are knock offs or something. They're coming from Canada for some reason.

Part of me feels like I saw this version before, maybe. In like on of those 32 team logo redesigns done by actual designers and not jokes like mine. So maybe it is fake. The Flag doesn't seem to match the helmet, so it's hard to say.

Edit: I'm trying to find it because I really think it looks familiar, but I cant. Maybe it is new or just a straight knockoff.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 20, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
That Bucco Bruce knockoff or whatever looks like something you'd use as a create-a-team logo in Madden

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

What's the go to website nowadays for jerseys of a less than authentic nature? About time to get a new baseball jersey.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Pretty sure that's fake, it's the old Kings logo recolored.

Edit: This rear end in a top hat

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 20, 2014

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

HMS Beagle posted:

Pretty sure that's fake, it's the old Kings logo recolored.

It's like so close and yet just different enough that it's hard to be sure.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
The Burger King jerseys are great and the AHL Manchester Monarchs (the LA Kings' affiliate) used them in a game earlier this year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

What's the go to website nowadays for jerseys of a less than authentic nature? About time to get a new baseball jersey.

I've got a hockey jersey from Icejerseys.com and it was really well made.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

DJExile posted:

I've got a hockey jersey from Icejerseys.com and it was really well made.

I think those are authentic though? They have the exact same prices as going to nhl.com and buying it off of there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Robot_Rumpus posted:

I think those are authentic though? They have the exact same prices as going to nhl.com and buying it off of there.

They do sell some authentics, yes, but there are also replicas made to very good standards. It does depend on the team and demand though.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Uniwatch twitter reporting potential Bucs helmet/logo tweak leak:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's a photoshop done by someone on Reddit. Sapp already debunked it and said that wasn't even close.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I really hope the new Bucs logo pirate was made earlier in the year and uses Schiano as the model

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Bucs new logo: https://shop.buccaneers.com/

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

http://secure.buccaneers.com/

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze
Ehhhh, it could be worse. I prefer the old logo. Hope they don't gently caress up the jerseys too bad.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Think this might be the helmet:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

File this under who gives a poo poo, I guess.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I'm legitimately disappointed they didn't go with white helmets to justify bringing back the creamsicles, if that's the case. :mad:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Andio posted:

That's arful.

edit: The colors and logo are fine, but the size of the logo is gross.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Reports are new uni on March 5th. Warren Sapp responded to me on Twitter with this when I suggested a uni overhaul too:

quote:

Warren Sapp ‏@WarrenSapp Feb 18
@AndioLoveLamp shhhhh head leads the body baby!

That fits in with that March 5th report. Must have black pants or jersey.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'm not wild about the new logo, but it is infinitely better than that white monstrosity.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Andio posted:

Wow. If it's in Florida, the designers seem to find find new and exciting ways to design it wrong. The Dolphins sideways dolphin without a helmet, that abomination that is the Jaguars helmet, and now colosso-flag with a different face mask & black helmet that I guess you could stick Bucco Bruce on?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

So I guess the white helmet was just a thing. This is a very tame update. The size of the logo is bizarre but I don't hate it.

I guess the uniform won't be all that different from normal now. Whatever, we got hyped up for nothing. Maybe the white helmet is an alternate throwback version or something

Andio
May 10, 2004

Febreeze posted:

So I guess the white helmet was just a thing. This is a very tame update. The size of the logo is bizarre but I don't hate it.

I guess the uniform won't be all that different from normal now. Whatever, we got hyped up for nothing. Maybe the white helmet is an alternate throwback version or something

They may switch to those black unis that were never used.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

They can't switch to a white helmet thanks to the new rule. One helmet all year long.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Andio posted:

They may switch to those black unis that were never used.

That would be super dumb in a Florida climate. I don't know why the jags primary is black either.

That black helmet is sexy though

Andio
May 10, 2004

Edit: Ignore me. Bucs Twitter just released the same picture I posted.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Febreeze posted:

Maybe the white helmet is an alternate throwback version or something

They can't do alternate helmets any more, since it's "safer" to use the same helmet all season than switch to an un-broken in one midway through the year for one game for purely cosmetic/aesthetic reasons (and the paint doesn't dry in time to re-paint them the proper color)

They can change the emblems/stripes since those are just stick-on (hence how the Bills & Bears had alternate helmets last year).

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
What a colossal waste of an opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

That's not too bad, honestly. I think making the logo a little bigger and more visible was a good idea, though this admittedly took it too far. Apart from that, however, I feel like fans of the current helmet can't complain too much.

• Locked thread