Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Man, I am never in a position to get my Noctis jewcannoned into these awesome giant fights.

That's probably a good thing because any of our FCs that spotted you would call you primary instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Animal-Mother posted:

It was a small amount of ISK anyway. I just don't want Goons to have a bad reputation in Eve.

:laffo:

Vatek posted:

That's probably a good thing because any of our FCs that spotted you would call you primary instantly.

The other day a noctis started tractoring a can being used by dreads as warp in and he was instantly blown up by ~100+ dreads. Op Success~

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Uba Stij posted:

Are you talking about being in a POS only or using a station as your base of operations, with the Orca being your suitcase?

Regardless basically you find the fights/areas and ways to provoke a fight. For the corp I'm in we went and attacked CFC & RUS POS', which made them bring out more stuff. We also did camps where we shut down routes as best we could.

I can't recall when we lost any of our suitcases, mostly because we were super careful with them.

Mostly it was 1 or 2 of each doctrine ship and a bomber and sabre for good measure. PVP characters traveled in Interceptors which also were used. Jita runs were pretty regular using cyno alts and mids so anything not brought in initially were shipped in as needed.

Thanks for the info. Did you ever find yourself living in a POS for an extended period of time, or were you always staging in NPC stations?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JohnSherman posted:

Thanks for the info. Did you ever find yourself living in a POS for an extended period of time, or were you always staging in NPC stations?

Waffles use NPC stations so that's what I'm basing what I said off of. I'd assume living out of a POS would just be more of a strain logistics wise with not that many benefits to make it worth while.

Bladehawk32
May 3, 2013
As a lurker (oh god, is this really my first post? gently caress me..), prior CFC scrub, GoonFoot, and semi bittervet, any chance I can pile in to this NewbieDrive™?

My Corp decided to leave CFC while I was deployed(hurr) , so that happened. But it's cool, wanted to be a goon since a I started way back when.

Edit: loving autocorrect.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
Why use an Orca over a carrier if you're not in W-space? Seems like it'd be far more difficult to move safely. Do Orcas actually have larger SMAs than carriers, because I can't imagine what purpose the extra cargo bay space would serve when you can just stick a Hoarder full of probes+ammo in the carrier SMA and more than make up the difference in relevant capacity.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

mikey posted:

Why use an Orca over a carrier if you're not in W-space? Seems like it'd be far more difficult to move safely. Do Orcas actually have larger SMAs than carriers, because I can't imagine what purpose the extra cargo bay space would serve when you can just stick a Hoarder full of probes+ammo in the carrier SMA and more than make up the difference in relevant capacity.

Can actually get into highsec to a trade hub to buy everything you need and transport it in one go. Also massively reduced skill and material requirements for movement.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

nessin posted:

Can actually get into highsec to a trade hub to buy everything you need and transport it in one go. Also massively reduced skill and material requirements for movement.

I suppose, although it's a hell of a lot easier to move 1-2 travel-fit combat ships through highsec than it is to move an Orca with a 30s align around nullsec. The skill threshold is a valid reason, but it isn't as though you need JDC V to make a carrier far safer and more functional.

I've done the whole living-out-of-a-carrier thing (which worked fine with fairly minimal jump skills), and I can't imagine lugging something as slow as a Orca around instead. Do you actually have someone scout ahead and then web them into warp with your main, or do you just MWD pulse and hope nothing shows up in 20 seconds?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Bladehawk32 posted:

As a lurker (oh god, is this really my first post? gently caress me..), prior CFC scrub, GoonFoot, and semi bittervet, any chance I can pile in to this NewbieDrive™?

My Corp decided to leave CFC while I was deployed(hurr) , so that happened. But it's cool, wanted to be a goon since a I started way back when.

Edit: loving autocorrect.

Please just delete this post.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Please just delete this post.

Why? Its a helpful aide for the auth team.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ahaha I just got an email about a breakout in whatever system.

I haven't played Eve in over 2 years what the gently caress.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Does this count as blowing the Horn of Goondor? I got one too and I think I was last active when Alphafleet was a new doctrine.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Well, that was a bit of a scuffle.

I was flying a logistic ship, so I ended up spending more time repping bubbles than actual ships.

FlutterShock
May 17, 2013
N3 breakout just failed miserably, they brought in TEST in Caracals, BNI in Thoraxes, NC. in Dominixes, and Nulli in Dominixes as well. Even with these 4-5 alliances involved, we rubbed the fact were here simply to cause them pain a little further in.

Drone assist, clearly working as intended.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

darth cookie posted:

Why? Its a helpful aide for the auth team.

I wonder when vyst is going to break down and just excited every time a newbie posts in this thread.

"Ohhh god he said he's from TEST hnngghh"

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Fucknag posted:

This. I don't think I've even been in GF since 2010.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!

Animal-Mother posted:

Confirming that inty fight in 0-W was awesome. Our FC was some 16 year old kid, too.

Ever flown with Lelob from Sniggerdly? Dude was like 14-15 tops when I flew with him. This was during the golden age of the hurricane and sniper HAC though so you could pretty much just understand the concept of aligning and get unlimited kills. Pretty much demolished all of Test.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
There are a couple of young FCs in BRAVE (younger than me, I'm 23) who are astoundingly solid despite their age. Bummed I missed the hilarity of N3s breakout attempt though, drat work.

cajunspitfire
Feb 16, 2013

Otacon posted:

I joined Goonwaffe one week ago on a trial account, did all the in-game tutorials, got chaperoned in my pod to Deklein, receieved over 800mil isk in goonations, jumped to AF0, and flew one of my 4 free frigates to join the hellcamp in 0-W778.

In one week I went from not ever playing EVE before to doing something that matters and having enough ISK that stupid noob mistakes don't matter too much.

Join Goonwaffe.

Congrats on avoiding the terrible life of high sec; It drains your soul. It wont be long before you are an official bitter vet in Theta. Actually join Theta now for more free stuff and elite pee vee pee.

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

Fucknag posted:

Same here, only its been more like 5 years for me. you guys still making GBS threads up the universe?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Animal-Mother posted:

It was a small amount of ISK anyway. I just don't want Goons to have a bad reputation in Eve.

You're a couple years too late on that.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So there's a dark horse comic about goonswarm?

Khriptik
Mar 5, 2013

Booley posted:

You're a couple years too late on that.

Only a couple. :P

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Did people really get emails about the breakout earlier?

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

Wolfy posted:

Did people really get emails about the breakout earlier?

Yes

cajunspitfire
Feb 16, 2013
I don't see any big ticket kills though. It does look like a bomb run took out 9 cfc cepters in one run. So did we get anything juicy?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

best part about the whole thing is some -A- sabre REFUSING to stop shooting me (was on my alt in PBLRD) so he got loving blasted.

Khriptik
Mar 5, 2013
I'm working on posting more, but I was wondering if anyone could simply throw me a vouch?

EDIT: Looking at joining Theta or Top Goon. Interested in scamming/intel/diplomacy.

Khriptik fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 20, 2014

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Khriptik posted:

I'm working on posting more, but I was wondering if anyone could simply throw me a vouch?

EDIT: Looking at joining Theta or Top Goon. Interested in scamming/intel/diplomacy.

Sure thing.

Khriptik
Mar 5, 2013

uwaeve posted:

Sure thing.

You got a name I can contact you with in-game?

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Khriptik posted:

You got a name I can contact you with in-game?

Scooter McCabe

fmauNeko
Sep 20, 2013

cajunspitfire posted:

I don't see any big ticket kills though. It does look like a bomb run took out 9 cfc cepters in one run. So did we get anything juicy?

We got a Chimera.
We were close to get progodlegend in a proteus but he pussied out and docked up.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Khriptik posted:

Vouches are meant for people who know a Goonwaffe member in real life. So your only option is to post more, and integrate, or just simply :getout:.

There is always Groon, and Syndicate is more fun than sov war bullshit anyways.

YOU WILL NOT GET VOUCHED IN OR SPONSORED FROM THIS THREAD.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 20, 2014

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
Here's a question. How much time do you guys invest in eve per week, on average?...

I've only got a couple of hours a week free right now so I'm curious how it stacks up against other goons.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

i do cocaine posted:

Vouches are meant for people who know a Goonwaffe member in real life. So your only option is to post more, and integrate, or just simply :getout:.

There is always Groon, and Syndicate is more fun than sov war bullshit anyways.

Hey hey, if Scooter wants to vouch him, who is going to argue?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

darth cookie posted:

Hey hey, if Scooter wants to vouch him, who is going to argue?

The auth team? :v:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

(1:04:09 AM) directorbot: Thank you for your help: Goontanamo Bay [WTRBD] is real.

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all at 2014-02-20 09:04:12.929585 EVE, replies are not monitored ***

loving awesome name for the deadzoned station holding corp.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 20, 2014

fmauNeko
Sep 20, 2013
The corp that will hold Nulli's station will be called Goontanamo Bay [WTRBD].

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CainFortea posted:

(1:04:09 AM) directorbot: Thank you for your help: Goontanamo Bay [WTRBD] is real.

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all at 2014-02-20 09:04:12.929585 EVE, replies are not monitored ***

loving awesome name for the deadzoned station holding corp.

This loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

FlutterShock posted:

N3 breakout just failed miserably, they brought in TEST in Caracals, BNI in Thoraxes, NC. in Dominixes, and Nulli in Dominixes as well. Even with these 4-5 alliances involved, we rubbed the fact were here simply to cause them pain a little further in.

Drone assist, clearly working as intended.

Mhm, so that was why TEST was blue all of a sudden and spent some time making GBS threads up local at BNI Central. And here people were wondering what that was all about... :ms:

AmericanGeeksta posted:

There are a couple of young FCs in BRAVE (younger than me, I'm 23) who are astoundingly solid despite their age. Bummed I missed the hilarity of N3s breakout attempt though, drat work.

As somebody said earlier (was it in the other thread?), there are quite a number of people in BRAVE who aren't "newbies" by any stretch of the imagination, neither SP-wise, money-wise nor in the game in general. So you get some people who have been FC'ing in other places before, and for other alliances, with BNI basically being a melting pot by now. That said, I had a very good one the other day. He was calm, collected, had good overview and gave good instruction (there are plenty of newbies, after all).

Hollow Talk fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 20, 2014

• Locked thread