Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

There seems to be some kind of time warp in my local Toys R Us.

I send greetings from the year 2011.

edit: Please excuse the crappy cell phone pic.

Arsenal_12 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Arsenal_12 posted:

There seems to be some kind of time warp in my local Toys R Us.

I send greetings from the year 2011.

What kind of blurry Cliffjumper did you see there for $18.49?

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

strangehamster posted:

What kind of blurry Cliffjumper did you see there for $18.49?

The first edition one.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Arsenal_12 posted:

The first edition one.

The zombified one or the original "canada, eh?" version?

Nevermind I GIS'd it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Can't believe I missed this the first time

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Solicits for the post-Dork Cybertron comix are out, MTMTE #29 has a fun cover.

EDIT: Just noticed that Tailgate still doesn't have his autobrand, which means Megatron of all people beat him to the punch :laugh:

3 fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 19, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
If you like surprises, I'd say it might be best to avoid the solicit for RiD 29. I think it blows a major plot point.

Ka0 posted:

Diamond force! I _really_ like Macross and Gamlin is my favorite character from the whole meta-series.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gammatron 64 posted:

The canopy on my helicopter chick likes to pop off. I think it's a design flaw and it does it on everyone's. It's not that bad though. It's not like Blitzwing's arms and droopy rubber nosecone.

I seems like a design flaw for the type of hinge system it uses. My hoist has the same type of clip on his gun/tow hook thing, and that thing is held on by hopes and dreams at best.

Of Course my Hoist is host to a lot of problems, loose ball joints, loose head, mis-assembled windows, missing paint apps, just a bunch of stuff. I picked up Trailcutter as kind of a second chance at the mold, cause it's pretty good, which was put together well, plus is comic was pretty great, so yeah.

Just wondering is Armada Starscream any good? His robot mode looks okay, but I have a hard time getting over that exposed head in vehicle mode. I just want a good Starscream, I have the Voyager from Prime, but he's just not doing anything for me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So my KO MP Sideswipe arrived! Except... it didn't. They sent me MP Red Alert instead. :doh:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

So my KO MP Sideswipe arrived! Except... it didn't. They sent me MP Red Alert instead. :doh:

Lol, poo poo.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Anora posted:

I seems like a design flaw for the type of hinge system it uses. My hoist has the same type of clip on his gun/tow hook thing, and that thing is held on by hopes and dreams at best.

Of Course my Hoist is host to a lot of problems, loose ball joints, loose head, mis-assembled windows, missing paint apps, just a bunch of stuff. I picked up Trailcutter as kind of a second chance at the mold, cause it's pretty good, which was put together well, plus is comic was pretty great, so yeah.

Just wondering is Armada Starscream any good? His robot mode looks okay, but I have a hard time getting over that exposed head in vehicle mode. I just want a good Starscream, I have the Voyager from Prime, but he's just not doing anything for me.

It appears the "loose head" is a problem on every Hoist. Since it's just a hinge and not a balljoint it isn't much of a problem but yeah those other issues on yours sound pretty bad, try to exchange it if you can.

I don't have Armada 'scream yet (he's on the way) but the head shouldn't be exposed in altmode, isn't there a panel whose only purpose is to cover it?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

The_Doctor posted:

UUGGHHG YOU HATE MEEE... YOU'VE ALWAYS HATED MEEE UUUOOWWGH!!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

Yeah all the aircraft for Generations are able to do a gerwalk mode. Including Legends Starscream, Blitzwing, Springer, and Sandstorm.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ka0 posted:

UUGGHHG YOU HATE MEEE... YOU'VE ALWAYS HATED MEEE UUUOOWWGH!!

But...! I paid more to get Sideswipe! I kind of want Red Alert, but I should at least get a partial refund! :ohdear:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
So, these are sort of neat:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ORI10004&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ORI10005&mode=retail

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

My joes and transformers can finally play together!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

The real one?

e: ah I see you paid more for the KO MP Sideswipe so obviously you got a KO Red Alert

Would be nice if they had lower legs instead of feet attached to their knee, like Cotton from King of the Hill

catch22 fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 19, 2014

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I like Armada Starscream. Mostly though I liked the character design aspect but the original Armada toy was so bad. It must have had 3 or 4 inches of plane top and flipped back guns sticking straight out the back. to the point where his feet had to have "heel feet" that were almost as big as his normal toes.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

3 posted:

Solicits for the post-Dork Cybertron comix are out, MTMTE #29 has a fun cover.

EDIT: Just noticed that Tailgate still doesn't have his autobrand, which means Megatron of all people beat him to the punch :laugh:

Man that is going to blow the DJD's minds if they catch up with the Lost Light crew

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

Man that is going to blow the DJD's minds if they catch up with the Lost Light crew

I was hoping that the LL would catch up with the Scavengers but you just blew my mind.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
:homebrew:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

You Am I posted:

I really doubt they would give a poo poo. They're so hardlined that they'd have no problem taking anyone down.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

WHAT IS THIS "TRYING" YOU SPEAK OF? GET THAT PRODUCT OUT THE DOOR BOB!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

WHAT IS THIS "TRYING" YOU SPEAK OF? GET THAT PRODUCT OUT THE DOOR BOB!

Seriously they've got figures now that are G1 Optimus riding G1 Grimlock.

Hasbro should just buy out Tyco at this point, because they were the ones riding dinosaurs in the 80's not Transformers.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Phy posted:

I was hoping that the LL would catch up with the Scavengers but you just blew my mind.

How about DJD catches up with Overlord and looking over there, the Lost Light appears due to a quantum jump screw up (RIP third rate Autobot who no one remembers in the engines)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Anora posted:

I like him, he fixes all the problems of the Armada mold. His head isn't really visible in alt mode, other than if you look straight down from the top you can see the back of his head flush with the rest of the jet body, which is identical to how it was with the Armada version. The only difference is the back of the Generation's version's head is transparent orange to make the light piping work. From below there's a little flap specifically to cover his head/face. The only thing that's an issue is that the swords don't fold closed all the way, a tab doesn't slot in right, but they still store under his wings fine. And unlike the Armada version, he actually gets two swords.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

Oh. My. God. :neckbeard:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Knormal posted:

And unlike the Armada version, he actually gets two swords.

Yeah but none of them are made from his wing, so. :colbert:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

If that bottom one isn't called Starchscream then they should just go the gently caress home :colbert:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Optimus Potarime?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

You Am I posted:

Optimus Potarime?

Optimash Prime, chowderhead.

So this vehicle mode is obviously a Taterliner.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So it would appear my eBay seller is now sending me a Sideswipe. With no mention of returning Red Alert... :dance:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

What in the world did my buddy pick up for me at the local goodwill?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Why cookie Rocket posted:

White Lion/Tiger Zord from Power Rangers?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

White Lion/Tiger Zord from Power Rangers?

Aw shucks. I was hoping it was something from Brave or Gaogaigar or something respectable :(

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

In case someone is interested, the My First Blaster and the Not Gears/Swerve two pack are available for preorder.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10014&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10015&mode=retail

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Get yourself a Thunder Megazord and combine that poo poo!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

revtoiletduck posted:

Get yourself a Thunder Megazord and combine that poo poo!

Or sell me that cause I have the Thunder Megazord waiting for that guy!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Tigerzord is sorta useless because if you have Tor you just open tor up and store the Tigerzord inside and nobody knows it's combined to the ultra zord.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

Or sell me that cause I have the Thunder Megazord waiting for that guy!

You're probably welcome to it, but the condition doesn't look stellar and I have no idea if it's complete.