Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Khriptik posted:

You got a name I can contact you with in-game?

merch industrial recruits from ingame, drop me an evemail to christmascaveman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

fmauNeko posted:

The corp that will hold Nulli's station will be called Goontanamo Bay [WTRBD].

That is priceless.

cajunspitfire
Feb 16, 2013

Cerebral Wolf posted:

Here's a question. How much time do you guys invest in eve per week, on average?...

I've only got a couple of hours a week free right now so I'm curious how it stacks up against other goons.

I generally play nightly for a few hours. It is my vent from the dramas of life on earth.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Glory of Arioch posted:

If the system is owned by Brothers of Tangra, it's PL renter space and you should generally leave them alone.

Sure? I had the impression that casual pew-pew and harassing was permitted, and that only serious business structure shooting and stratops interfering was prohibited by the agreement.

Edit: I see the use of the ESS is specifically prohibited in home regions.

"siphoning of moons or using future idiotic CCP modules like the new ESS"

Amberskin fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 20, 2014

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013
gently caress me, my clones are 21 million a shot now.

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Sir_Substance posted:

Punishment for playing Eve too long.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008

Sir_Substance posted:

They are planning on phasing that out when they work out a real mechanic for it.

Last I heard it was something about making clones player produced and tieing in with Dust. Genolution already produce clones as a resource in Dust, but it's very basic right now.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Cerebral Wolf posted:

They are planning on phasing that out when they work out a real mechanic for it.

Last I heard it was something about making clones player produced and tieing in with Dust. Genolution already produce clones as a resource in Dust, but it's very basic right now.

Player prodcued clones could be a problem if there's not much of a market for it in Null-sec station #43. Though I guess they could just always keep the npc cloning as is if they do introduce that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kheldragar posted:

Player prodcued clones could be a problem if there's not much of a market for it in Null-sec station #43. Though I guess they could just always keep the npc cloning as is if they do introduce that.

I wonder if it will be able to produce clones that have some additional effects.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

I don't get it :(

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

kalstrams posted:

I wonder if it will be able to produce clones that have some additional effects.

I'd start playing this again if I could make really lovely knock off clones which had a 1% chance to zap some SP from the shiheel that bought my 20% oof going rate clone.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Would they put a stacking penalty for clone effects and implants/boosters if they implemented that? It might actually make the Clone Vat Control (or whatever its called) skill useful...

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Waterboard

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Haha that's great!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phobophilia posted:

Waterboard

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

Yo, this thread moves pretty fast, compared to how I get to read it, so I had to call this out:

You live in Outer Ring. What do you even DO? Share, please!

Fight Koreans. Sell stuff to Koreans. I am basically the market right now with only about 30 bill on the market.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Cerebral Wolf posted:

Here's a question. How much time do you guys invest in eve per week, on average?...

I've only got a couple of hours a week free right now so I'm curious how it stacks up against other goons.

If you use both of those hours, you'll probably be outstripping the average goon by a good two hours.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Wolfy posted:

Did people really get emails about the breakout earlier?

Weird, I don't know why we would have done that. The outcome was never in doubt, it was mostly a question of how many we could kill before they docked back up.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

The auth team? :v:

There's a joke hidden in all of this that you aren't getting.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008

Kheldragar posted:

As I understood it, when speaking to someone on the Dust team about 12 months ago, the idea at the time was that you would keep your own supply of clones, so buy them in jita and ship them to where you want them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

We have the best allies. An Fcon dude just had his carrier alt try to dock in 1v. The alt is neutral to everybody. Claims he thought 1v was NPC space. :cripes:

quote:

[14:39:52] Haldaris Maller > its blue
[14:39:55] Haldaris Maller > sorry
[14:39:57] Haldaris Maller > dont shoot falcon man
[14:40:04] Haldaris Maller > hes gotmy ships :)
[14:40:31] Laurynn > I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY DOOMSDAY
[14:40:35] Falcon Man > drat guys donbt shoht me :/
[14:40:48] Falcon Man > i forgot i dont have standings
[14:40:56] Haldaris Maller > yup its my alt :D
[14:41:02] Haldaris Maller > pleas deont kill khim :0
[14:41:03] im mrmessy > spy
[14:41:12] Haldaris Maller > i forgot about standings
[14:41:33] Haldaris Maller > allow me to warpout
[14:41:53] Haldaris Maller > ehhh :/
[14:42:16] Haldaris Maller > please drop buble and allow warpotto Falcon man :)
[14:42:23] Maestr0 > STOP FIRING FOR NOW
[14:42:26] Anela Cistine > You may want to alert your ceo or a diplo or something
[14:42:40] Haldaris Maller > im direcotr
[14:42:46] MEMENT0 MORI > lol
[14:42:50] Tes LeRecoil > lol
[14:42:51] Haldaris Maller > i forgot we dont have standings :D
[14:42:51] Anela Cistine > I've got my oneiros on you, but I don't think it will be enough
[14:42:56] MEMENT0 MORI > nice to read
[14:43:10] Falcon Man > ehhhh
[14:43:26] Falcon Man > ok nvm
[14:43:33] Lucy McCallum > You killed him to ofast :(
[14:43:34] Falcon Man > thx guys...
[14:43:35] Foxy 7 > <url=killReport:36936262:88032c6050f608f30630aeab0b007de7cb60ec13>Kill: Falcon Man (Thanatos)</url>
[14:43:40] Maestr0 > ...
[14:44:05] Gramm Ripper > gg cbc
[14:44:20] Alabama BlackSnake > warp core stabs :x
[14:44:31] Haldaris Maller > it was my currier :/
[14:44:38] Alabama BlackSnake > :((
[14:45:15] Haldaris Maller > i forgot thats not npc
[14:45:21] Mostlyharmlesss > You're an idiot

edit: https://zkillboard.com/detail/36936262/

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 20, 2014

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Angela Christine posted:

We have the best allies. An Fcon dude just had his carrier alt try to dock in 1v. The alt is neutral to everybody. Claims he thought 1v was NPC space. :cripes:

At least it wasn't a JF.... or a super.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So are they nerfing all drones or just a few particular drone ships?

VVV Oh okay got it.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 20, 2014

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

BadLlama posted:

So are they nerfing all drones or just a few particular drone ships?

They're limiting drone assist down to 50 drones, so it's still viable for small gang stuff, but dead as a fleet doctrine.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.
To be honest, after enjoying the pleasure of having a good night sleep and still being on a whole load of killmails in a totally-not-my-TZ fight, I'm not convinced moving the triggers from the FC to SQ necessarily kills the doctrine.

You only need 1 out of 10 people in fleet actually being at the keyboard and competent to follow the FC. It's a perfect Goonproofing system.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Skuto posted:

To be honest, after enjoying the pleasure of having a good night sleep and still being on a whole load of killmails in a totally-not-my-TZ fight, I'm not convinced moving the triggers from the FC to SQ necessarily kills the doctrine.

You only need 1 out of 10 people in fleet actually being at the keyboard and competent to follow the FC. It's a perfect Goonproofing system.

It just makes getting coordinated volley fire a bit more difficult so you can in theory catch reps and or make trigger life more miserable with different lock times and ranges. It's possible some groups might still run drone fleets, it just reduces their effectiveness a bit.

TCD fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 20, 2014

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

The last article on TMC claims that volleys aren't as coordinated as you would hope anyway. And those problems you describe exist in regular fleets, they're actually 10x worse there.

The only downside is that Domi's are probably not that good of a ship.

It would be very funny if we could continue running this poo poo into the ground post nerf. Until the entire mechanic is axed. You think we win through superior numbers? How about we win through superior numbers with most people not actually playing the game?

Similarly, after having made good use of it yesterday I'm convinced interceptor agility needs more nerfs. It's still perfectly possible to travel 100% safe at ludicrous speed through hostile space and retain some combat capability. This isn't balanced either. It's frigging safer to scout with this than with a covops now.

Hiowf fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 20, 2014

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Skuto posted:

The last article on TMC claims that volleys aren't as coordinated as you would hope anyway. And those problems you describe exist in regular fleets, they're actually 10x worse there.

The only downside is that Domi's are probably not that good of a ship.

It would be very funny if we could continue running this poo poo into the ground post nerf. Until the entire mechanic is axed. You think we win through superior numbers? How about we win through superior numbers with most people not actually playing the game?

Similarly, after having made good use of it yesterday I'm convinced interceptor agility needs more nerfs. It's still perfectly possible to travel 100% safe at ludicrous speed through hostile space and retain some combat capability. This isn't balanced either.

Skuto, if you read the comments on TMC, it mentions that you get a lot more problems with drones set to aggresive.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

Then set them to passive? That's what we're doing already.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Skuto posted:

Then set them to passive? That's what we're doing already.

The author of the article didn't though...

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

TCD posted:

The author of the article didn't though...

Ah, gotcha. But even if the coordination gets worse than it is now, it's still going to be better than 255 people firing individually.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Interceptors take the entire risk half of the risk:reward concept and completely poo poo all over it. It is kind of a joke right now.

To be clear, it hasn't really been a problem for my ratting like I thought it would. I have still yet to lose an Ishtar ever because I actively pay attention to intel, align/recall drones when hostiles are close, etc.

I think what annoys me the most about current interceptors is that it's the only thing our enemies ever want to fly anymore when they come roaming through Deklein. I've formed up with Theta almost every night this week and we cannot do a drat thing to even engage the bastards. They just zip around laughing, occasionally catching someone who strayed too far from the pack. It's a completely one-sided affair, unless you also form up in interceptors. They are pretty much an entirely new tier of ship when it comes to engagements now.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Is there anything interceptors have to worry about, or can they pretty much fly gate to gate not giving a gently caress?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Germstore posted:

Is there anything interceptors have to worry about, or can they pretty much fly gate to gate not giving a gently caress?

They're bubble immune and uncatchable by anything other than another multi-sebo interceptor. Even then, it's pretty hit and miss whether you're going to catch them or not.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

They can fly gate to gate with absolutely no fucks given. No need to watch the window, just press warp every 15 or so seconds. Nothing can catch you, you're 100% safe regardless of opponent skill and bubbles don't exist.

You want one with enough lowslots so you can fit enough inertia stabs and nanofibers to get the align time below 2s. But several will still leave you room for a DC2 or a Gyro/MagStab/BC, so it's not like you're harmless either.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
If they can in fact be caught by other properly fit interceptors then what little problem there was is solved and y'all should stop whining about the single most fun class of ship in the game finally being good again.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

This is literally exactly what they can do. The only way to deal with them is to have a gang comp of ships that can lock and fire in under 1 second. Yeah, have fun loading up Pyfa and trying to figure that out. Lord knows I wasted a good hour on it yesterday before giving up. With the way server ticks works, even if you achieve this in a fitting it is still a crapshoot as to whether or not you successfully get a volley off.

Also, they scoot about space at 6km so they can do things like crash a gate, fly out to 100km on the other side as you try to follow, someone in your gang tries to go after them while the rest hold at the gate, they collapse instantly on the stray and pop him, then warp off, etc. They have complete power to dictate engagements now.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

I don't think they can actually be caught by other inties. The critical thing was sub 2-second align times, and that's still possible. Just takes an extra nano/inertia stab.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Thanks to gate cloak and the game using 1 second server ticks, it's mechanically impossible to catch something coming through a gate if it has an align time under two seconds. CCP has nerfed the agility of Interceptors, particulary Crows and Maledictions, which were the most problematic, to try to mitigate the effectiveness of literally untouchable roaming gangs. It can still be done, but it involves fits with three or more Inertia Stabilizers in the low slots and even something that isn't literally impossible to catch still requires very, very high lock times to catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

If they can in fact be caught by other properly fit interceptors then what little problem there was is solved and y'all should stop whining about the single most fun class of ship in the game finally being good again.

Look, it's great that you have this love for interceptors and loving around with them, but you're sounding a lot like the dudes on Eve-O when the drone assist patch got announced. Just because you like it doesn't mean it doesn't have problems.

And the most fun class of ships is cruiser-sized. gently caress frigates. :colbert:

• Locked thread