Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Declan MacManus posted:

two dick holes

One for each bollock. Ball holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

"Tone wood" is loving retarded.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Except for acoustic obv

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Bitchtard posted:

"Tone wood" is loving retarded.

I saw a really stupid video on youtube the other day that TOTALLY PROVES TONEWOOD GUYS!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLxE8iDWD_w

I have never wanted to stab two people so much in my life.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
This thread has me researching my 600st' origins. In doing so found this on the Kramer guitar fan-website.

Also my guitar is apparently worth less than $200 but it sounds far better than anything I've picked up in the shop 3-4 times that.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Sten Freak posted:

This thread has me researching my 600st' origins. In doing so found this on the Kramer guitar fan-website.

Also my guitar is apparently worth less than $200 but it sounds far better than anything I've picked up in the shop 3-4 times that.

God I love finding these all ratty in a pawn shop.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

It's like finding madmax's interceptor v8 but in guitar form

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

White Dog Eggs posted:

haha i knew it'd be a rob chappers joint from that line alone

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES
I think the wishbass guys would be willing to do pretty much whatever design you wanted on the actual bass (it says as much on the ordering page,) and now I really want them to build me a non rear end in a top hat bass so loving bad.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

comes along bort posted:

I've been seeing "his" guitar line showing up used, locally. I wonder what people were expecting when ordering them and spending all that cash on shipping from Andertons.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Sockington posted:

I've been seeing "his" guitar line showing up used, locally. I wonder what people were expecting when ordering them and spending all that cash on shipping from Andertons.

but they are so wacky and lovable!!!!

I don't get them at all. I understand Phil X on some level (shows off vintage guitars, energetic personality, goofy, hell of a player) but their schtick is just so irritating

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Sten Freak posted:

Hey, who remembers HoloFlash?

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/holoflash/Interesting

Go Google and band called Danger Danger.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Danger Danger is an awesome album and that guitar is rad as gently caress.

Edit: Gonna go listen to "Under the Gun" on repeat and do some sick air guitar soloz

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 20, 2014

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Nope. This one is much, much better

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

comes along bort posted:

He's irritating. Really, really irritating. I honestly think I'd rather deal with Ed Roman than with him.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

White Dog Eggs posted:

I saw a really stupid video on youtube the other day that TOTALLY PROVES TONEWOOD GUYS!!!

ahahaha i loving hate those guys

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Sten Freak posted:

Is it bad that knew exactly who that was before reading? I actually recall that ad originally appearing in Guitar for the Practicing Musician. Had to have been 88 or 89? lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Tempus Fugit posted:

Is it bad that knew exactly who that was before reading? I actually recall that ad originally appearing in Guitar for the Practicing Musician. Had to have been 88 or 89? lol

Yep I remember seeing it too so it would have been around the time Whitesnake was really big.

quote:

Check out where all that studded spandex wore off the paint on the back, a true relic.

http://www.vintagekramer.com/night.htm

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

holy poo poo, "rock" concert

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Yep I remember seeing it too so it would have been around the time Whitesnake was really big.

http://www.vintagekramer.com/night.htm

Yeah, I remember going into the guitar store in 88 or so and drooling over all the Kramer's in neon yellow with the reverse headstock! The one I wanted was like $1300: a bright yellow superstrat with a floyd rose. I wanted it so bad

Edit - There she is!

Tempus Fugit fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 21, 2014

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tempus Fugit posted:

Yeah, I remember going into the guitar store in 88 or so and drooling over all the Kramer's in neon yellow with the reverse headstock! The one I wanted was like $1300: a bright yellow superstrat with a floyd rose. I wanted it so bad

Edit - There she is!

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

p much. Funny story along those lines. Since I couldn't afford that sweet rear end Kramer, my awesome parents bought me a bright yellow Peavy for xmas that year. About 10 years ago, I decided to strip the yellow and refinish it. When I stripped it, it smelled like fake banana candy. I couldn't believe it. I called my wife in and she said, "Why does your guitar smell like bananas?" To this day, I don't understand what amyl acetate was doing in the yellow paint?

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tempus Fugit posted:

p much. Funny story along those lines. Since I couldn't afford that sweet rear end Kramer, my awesome parents bought me a bright yellow Peavy for xmas that year. About 10 years ago, I decided to strip the yellow and refinish it. When I stripped it, it smelled like fake banana candy. I couldn't believe it. I called my wife in and she said, "Why does your guitar smell like bananas?" To this day, I don't understand what amyl acetate was doing in the yellow paint?

I'm fairly sure that it's used in some solvent-based lacquers as a hardening or drying agent, I'm sure I experimented with it when I was starting out.

On a related note, I once tried putting Eucalyptus oil in danish oil to make a minty guitar finish. After a week it smelled like someone had pissed in an altoids tin, it was a silly idea.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

White Dog Eggs posted:

Hang THE gently caress ON a second. Are those guitars veneer-tops?

These two humans are pretty awful, btw

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

White Dog Eggs posted:

He's irritating. Really, really irritating. I honestly think I'd rather deal with Ed Roman than with him.

oh god i don't think i could even handle it if that's not just an act holy poo poo

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cobalt60 posted:

Hang THE gently caress ON a second. Are those guitars veneer-tops?

These two humans are pretty awful, btw

It looks like TONE VENEER to me. Hope it's stuck on with TONE GLUE though otherwise you'll lose some harmonic overtones around 1khz hjkjghkjfhkfgjkhfkhkfghkj

comes along bort posted:

oh god i don't think i could even handle it if that's not just an act holy poo poo

I've not really met many industry type people (thankfully), but I sold a guitar to a guy who ran a small studio and I swear they could be clones, goofy fucker kept tapping the body with a tuning fork to see 'what key the body is in' or some stupid poo poo. Made me sit around for 30 minutes until he paid me and 15 minutes of that was him playing 'Wish you were here' badly.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

White Dog Eggs posted:

the guy on the right is the best because if you took away the dreads he would look like the love child of tobias funke and that one guy at your office that never talks whose name nobody can remember

he would basically be the most boring person in the world without dreadlocks, which is basically the answer to the question "why would a white guy get dreadlocks?"

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

White Dog Eggs posted:

Made me sit around for 30 minutes until he paid me and 15 minutes of that was him playing 'Wish you were here' badly.
Sounds like buying pot.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Remulak posted:

Sounds like buying pot.

He stank of weed and was off his tits at 11am. At least he paid well I guess.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Tone weed

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bonzo posted:

Tone weed

Spray some nitro finish on that bowl and you'll sustain forever.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
holy poo poo i am so resonant right now

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

White Dog Eggs posted:

I'm fairly sure that it's used in some solvent-based lacquers as a hardening or drying agent, I'm sure I experimented with it when I was starting out.

On a related note, I once tried putting Eucalyptus oil in danish oil to make a minty guitar finish. After a week it smelled like someone had pissed in an altoids tin, it was a silly idea.

No poo poo? Interesting. I thought the coincidence was...delicious.

Bonzo posted:

Tone weed

You gotta try this new Purple Dano stuff, fast attack and sustains for days.

logical fallacy
Mar 16, 2001

Dynamic Symmetry

man thats gross posted:

holy poo poo i am so resonant right now

resinant

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

browsing the old phiz pics thread and found this cool guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIupV9HyeSE

tapdads rule because they spend dozens of years and thousand of dollars perfecting the 'bargain-bin discpline-era crimson riffs over a casiotone demo beat'

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Silver Brushes posted:

tapdads rule because they spend dozens of years and thousand of dollars perfecting the 'bargain-bin discpline-era crimson riffs over a casiotone demo beat'

that piano sounds atrocious

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Silver Brushes posted:

"Don't mind me, just chillin' out playing my North Korean skyscraper"

Edit: That thing sounds like a cheap casio keyboard having a stroke.

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Off the new album Megatron Handjob.

• Locked thread