Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Cory posted:

How many refunds have been processed?

Roughly 75 slacker backers and about 150 Kickstarter backers, not bad with over 20,000 people in our community of backers! Seems like the vast majority of our HEX community are enjoying the alpha and are looking forward to the game’s full release.

Yo cory,

If any of these are Pro Player tier let me swap my dungeon crawler tier for one of them thanks in advance

Your friend,
Disneyland

Thoom posted:

I think this is the first confirmation we've seen that they're considering asynchronous tournaments, and let me just say thank gently caress. I don't know how often I could commit myself to sitting down for 3 hours to play through a limited tournament, but if I could just pop in and play a game whenever I had 20-30 minutes to kill (like I can in Hearthstone's arena), Cryptozoic is going to be getting a pretty steady cashflow from me.

I only just started messing around with Hearthstone and It really only made me want an Arena mode in hex, but that's probably impossible to pull off. Alas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Vincent Valentine posted:

Yo cory,

If any of these are Pro Player tier let me swap my dungeon crawler tier for one of them thanks in advance

Your friend,
Disneyland
It's a pity really, although a quick google search turns up nothing I have no doubt that people have sold on pro player accounts for a profit in private so the chances of someone both

a) Didn't want to play HeX after fronting 150
b) Not aware that there are a LOT of people in your position who are willing to front mad cash

Are slim :(, did you only find out about HeX after they all disappeared or did you think about it and wait too late?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Shaggy / Blinkman - plz poke Cory and ask if the lack of 2 Factor Authentication support on the list of things for the Open PVP Beta was an oversight, I am super paranoid about this stuff :tinfoil:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I wonder what accounts are going for? Not that I'm not excited about the game (I have a pro and a grand king), I am. I just may end up needing cash since a city water truck ran into my parked car, and my insurance pretty much told me that it's a toss up on whether the city will just give me the finger or pay for it. God I hate loving Chicago.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
Cory's a pretty drat good salesman. I haven't really been paying too much attention to the alpha because I don't have the free time I used to, but his blog post really rekindled some of the fire that originally made me go big on grand king.

Also drat, that sucks Karnegal.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

LightReaper posted:

It's a pity really, although a quick google search turns up nothing I have no doubt that people have sold on pro player accounts for a profit in private so the chances of someone both

a) Didn't want to play HeX after fronting 150
b) Not aware that there are a LOT of people in your position who are willing to front mad cash

Are slim :(, did you only find out about HeX after they all disappeared or did you think about it and wait too late?

I found out about Hex when all the pro player spots were sold out. I tried doing the weird script thing seven hundred other people were doing where it auto-refreshed the page to automatically put you in the pro player tier, but I found out about that last minute(about two hours remaining) and I was worried I would one of those negative spots and it wouldn't count so I settled for Dungeon Crawler

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Grim posted:

Shaggy / Blinkman - plz poke Cory and ask if the lack of 2 Factor Authentication support on the list of things for the Open PVP Beta was an oversight, I am super paranoid about this stuff :tinfoil:

Actually, yeah, as a Grand King that's a big issue for me too.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So, I opened up the patcher. Big patch. Haven't seen the notes, but considering alot of the files have sleeves in the name, I'm guessing Sleeves are in.

Edit: Read the breakdown and, no, they're not in. Some awesome cards are coming in, though. I think I'm gonna remake my 5-Color Graveyard Retrieval deck now.

Also they took out Persecute. Blood's been nerfed twice now.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 13, 2014

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Wild and Sapphire both got extremely good cards this time around. I've been running a Sapphire control deck that uses almost exclusively fliers, so I'm in a really good place this patch hooray thanks guys.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Sapphire probably needs some nerfs. As things stand, it has always been one of my best two colors in sealed. I even managed to build a tournament-winning mono-Sapphire sealed deck last night (although really artifact was my second color, I had so many of them).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 14, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Blue is overpowered? Color me surprised.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it's not surprising really that the color with all the fliers does well in limited formats, but it's also got great removal (time ripple, buccaneer, polymorph: dingler, mesmerize) in addition to the usual flying, countering, and card draw mechanics. And, of course, one of the two minor blue gems gives flying, so even splashing blue makes all your socketed creatures evasive.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

The problem isn't blue being good, it's all the other colors being lackluster. Black is really strong, white is pretty eh at best. Red/Green aggro decks are good, but both colors have trouble standing on their own.

Black and Blue have almost all of the control in the game, which is the problem.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

White has pretty good control with Repel, Inner Conflict, and Blinding Light.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
According to the last paragraph of Cory's latest blog post we will be getting the new card borders in the patch tomorrow

I'm still not 100% sure what the little bubbles on the right-hand side are for? I'm guessing the infinite-loop thing is for the double-back?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Maybe sockets?

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I'm thinking that's where threshold will go now. The 2 bubbles just being the amount they put on the generic demo frame.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sacrificial Toast posted:

I'm thinking that's where threshold will go now. The 2 bubbles just being the amount they put on the generic demo frame.

Nah, you can see little gemmed out sockets on the left hand side of the frame where threshold will go. The double-bubbles are probably socket-related.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Looks like the infinity loop button is there to tell you what modifications are on the card.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm loving Chimes of the Zodiac;

This + Escalation cards like Crash of Beasts + Dopplegadgets, I'm looking forward to getting home to try this out!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

BenRGamer posted:

Looks like the infinity loop button is there to tell you what modifications are on the card.

Modifications meaning what? I played a brief AI game tonight to check out these new frames, and that button was never active, even on cards that had gotten e.g. attack/health boosts.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
That button isn't implemented yet, according to the patch notes.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Trip report; having 3 copies of Chimes of the Zodiac out thanks to Dopplegadget and casting Mastery of Time and drawing into another Dopplegadget and Mastery of Time then casting a couple of Crash of Beasts might sound fun in theory but... uuuuuugh... no actually it was fun in practice as well

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

It's crazy how much better the cards look with the new borders, they're really good.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Apparently the new patch has fixed one of the major tournament-destroying bugs - are sealed tournaments relatively stable now?

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Just from reading the bug report forum, it doesn't seem like they are stable. While they might have fixed a pretty nasty one it seems like there are many smaller ones that still sometimes cause problems.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Grim posted:

I'm loving Chimes of the Zodiac;

This + Escalation cards like Crash of Beasts + Dopplegadgets, I'm looking forward to getting home to try this out!

Whoever did the art on that card (they've done some other coyote stuff too) is my favorite artist for the game. I really dig that style. Also glad the game's art direction isn't all samey like Magic has become,

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I actually don't like the new card style, I think it's mostly that coloring behind the text in the text box.

bitprophet posted:

Modifications meaning what? I played a brief AI game tonight to check out these new frames, and that button was never active, even on cards that had gotten e.g. attack/health boosts.

Yeah, it's not active yet. I assume it would tell you just how your card is modified.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Karnegal posted:

Whoever did the art on that card (they've done some other coyote stuff too) is my favorite artist for the game. I really dig that style. Also glad the game's art direction isn't all samey like Magic has become,

I agree on both counts. I hope Hex continues to use many different styles of art in the future.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
I tried another sealed tourn today. Made my deck properly this time and when time ran out, nothing happened. Tried switching panes and restarting client for a d/c'd match reconnect. Nothing. My opponent didnt rage quit, he was chatting about reconnecting too.

Oh well. This game will work one day.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Blazing Zero posted:

I tried another sealed tourn today. Made my deck properly this time and when time ran out, nothing happened. Tried switching panes and restarting client for a d/c'd match reconnect. Nothing. My opponent didnt rage quit, he was chatting about reconnecting too.

Oh well. This game will work one day.

Yeah, I really like everything about this game, I'm just taking a hiatus while they get the bugs nailed down -- I'm essentially waiting to see people post that tournaments are playable.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I played through a sealed tournament yesterday with no issue. :shrug:

I know earlier this week I ended up failing to complete one (disconnect/reconnect issues), but it's still an alpha product so I'm expecting it. I was just sad the DC/RC issue happened when my pool had Slaughtergear and a ton of good, playable artifacts (3 x 3 drop socketable, 2 x worker bot station, for example) and I never got to run it out. Oh well. :(

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Mikujin posted:

I played through a sealed tournament yesterday with no issue. :shrug:

I know earlier this week I ended up failing to complete one (disconnect/reconnect issues), but it's still an alpha product so I'm expecting it. I was just sad the DC/RC issue happened when my pool had Slaughtergear and a ton of good, playable artifacts (3 x 3 drop socketable, 2 x worker bot station, for example) and I never got to run it out. Oh well. :(

I had an amazing sealed deck a week or two ago with Slaughtergear, Droo's Unstoppable Walker, Worker Bot Factory, the artifact that taps to give a robot +1/+1, two Pterobots, and a ton of blue dwarves. Ran a mono-blue/artifact deck and actually managed to not get any failed starts. One of the few times I have run a blue deck without using Feather Drifting Downriver as my champion (4 charges to give a creature permanent flight). Used the one that gave out worker bots instead.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Zurai posted:

I had an amazing sealed deck a week or two ago with Slaughtergear, Droo's Unstoppable Walker, Worker Bot Factory, the artifact that taps to give a robot +1/+1, two Pterobots, and a ton of blue dwarves. Ran a mono-blue/artifact deck and actually managed to not get any failed starts. One of the few times I have run a blue deck without using Feather Drifting Downriver as my champion (4 charges to give a creature permanent flight). Used the one that gave out worker bots instead.

I also had the Walker in my pool. :lol:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Nothing more frustrating than getting a great sealed draw, building a killer deck, then sitting there for ~15 minutes before the tournament fires only to have it fail. :negative:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Just got 2 x Sliver of the Immortal Spear and tons of life-gain/stall tactics in my sealed pool; gonna go for it. :getin:

E: First game I draw 2 resources and both Spears. GETTING THERE.

E2: Spears get on the board. Soul Marble -> Soul Armaments happens. I get a complete board lock happening, opponent has 0 cards and is living on top-decks; I've got cards in hand, a comfortable life-total, and am about to drop Secret Lab to start rifling through my deck faster to assemble an array of pointy sticks.

This of course means it's time for the game to get stuck on priority. No problem! I'll just disconnect and reconnect, right? No option to rejoin/reconnect to my game appears, and I can only idle in the lobby while contemplating dropping. :sigh:

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 22, 2014

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
^^^^
I feel your pain, fellow Hexagoon. Soon the yoke of annoyingly game breaking glitches will be lifted! I hope!

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been listening to the HEXTCGPro podcast (they're one of the few Hex sites that have kept updating since last year, don't judge me) and they seem to think that Beta can't be more than a few months away - I'm REALLY not confident that is the case, there is still just so much to add (though to Cryptozoic's credit they are doing a great job at a decent pace!)

So what do people think? This time next year? Sooner? Later?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I certainly expect Beta sometime this year. There are absolutely still several must-fix critical gamestopper bugs in the current Alpha, but it won't take them 10 months to fix all of them. There's still a considerable checklist of what they want to have done before PvP Beta starts, so I'd be surprised if it's anytime in the next two, maybe three, months, but I would be equally surprised if they aren't in Beta by GenCon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
There's a thread up on their forums that claims they're going to be handing out everyone's kickstarter rewards "soon". I wouldn't be surprised if it's a month or two and drat the bugs, honestly. The normal pattern for MMO's is to release when it's playable with only a bearable amount of frustration, not to release when it's actually ready.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 26, 2014

• Locked thread