Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Shadow225 posted:

Yeah is morphine a normal date rape drug? Where do you even get morphine?

EDIT: I phrased that poorly.

He's using ambien and morphine, which is a very unusual combination for a guy that probably doesn't have the greatest knowledge in pharmacology. The only thing missing from formal anesthesia that you'd be getting in a operation would be the inhaled anesthetic. He's using a poor man's substitute drug cocktail. The morphine (or fentanyl in surgical procedures) is given so that you don't feel pain and move while you're out.

The morphine is particularly puzzling as to why he would have gone with that on his own. It's a Schedule 2 drug in the United States so that means that doctors must fill out forms in "triplicate" in order to prescribe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Lote posted:

He's using ambien and morphine, which is a very unusual combination for a guy that probably doesn't have the greatest knowledge in pharmacology. The only thing missing from formal anesthesia that you'd be getting in a operation would be the inhaled anesthetic. He's using a poor man's substitute drug cocktail. The morphine (or fentanyl in surgical procedures) is given so that you don't feel pain and move while you're out.

The morphine is particularly puzzling as to why he would have gone with that on his own. It's a Schedule 2 drug in the United States so that means that doctors must fill out forms in "triplicate" in order to prescribe it.

Ambien is given out to pretty much anyone who wants a script for it. Its not usually scrutinized. As a former NFL player, I am sure he has chronic pain conditions. A standard regimen (once you have gotten to the level of prescribing narcotics) is a long acting drug like oxycontin and then usually something like morphine for breakthrough pain. I doubt he is on such a regimen though likely either got his morphine on the street or a shady doctor. Plenty of places have "clinics" where they give out opiates with the same level of caution and scrutiny as the medical marijuana clinics that give out cards. You just pay out the rear end for it, and he certainly can.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

Alternatively, Darren Sharper wanted to prove to the world that he was also a brilliant anesthesiologist no matter what the cost

He already did that (for me at least) every time he played.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

swickles posted:

Ambien is given out to pretty much anyone who wants a script for it. Its not usually scrutinized. As a former NFL player, I am sure he has chronic pain conditions. A standard regimen (once you have gotten to the level of prescribing narcotics) is a long acting drug like oxycontin and then usually something like morphine for breakthrough pain. I doubt he is on such a regimen though likely either got his morphine on the street or a shady doctor. Plenty of places have "clinics" where they give out opiates with the same level of caution and scrutiny as the medical marijuana clinics that give out cards. You just pay out the rear end for it, and he certainly can.

I just think it's very strange that he's one step away from having the patient go under a throwtogether anesthesia regimen that you would be more likely to see in an operating room. All he would need would be an inhalation agent. Most doctors use iso/des/sevoflurane but they used to use things like ether and chloroform which are common industrial solvents.

Coming from the anesthesia side, it seems really weird that anesthesia practices are either trickling down or being discovered on their own by druggies.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lote posted:

I just think it's very strange that he's one step away from having the patient go under a throwtogether anesthesia regimen that you would be more likely to see in an operating room. All he would need would be an inhalation agent. Most doctors use iso/des/sevoflurane but they used to use things like ether and chloroform which are common industrial solvents.

Coming from the anesthesia side, it seems really weird that anesthesia practices are either trickling down or being discovered on their own by druggies.

Are you an anesthesiologist too? :hfive:

Mixing opiates and benzos or a benzo like compound in this case is pretty common in the drug world. Lots of people use both, that's how most overdoses occur, too much respiratory depression. Well, alcohol + one of those is the most common, but mixing drugs happens a lot too.

edit: oh and because the derail occurred in this thread, here is the link to the CTE megathread I finally got around to making:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610024

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

swickles posted:

Are you an anesthesiologist too? :hfive:

Mixing opiates and benzos or a benzo like compound in this case is pretty common in the drug world. Lots of people use both, that's how most overdoses occur, too much respiratory depression. Well, alcohol + one of those is the most common, but mixing drugs happens a lot too.

edit: oh and because the derail occurred in this thread, here is the link to the CTE megathread I finally got around to making:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610024

No. Just studying for the surgery shelf and reviewing common anesthetics. They told us that anesthesia would be on there. :downsgun:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lote posted:

No. Just studying for the surgery shelf and reviewing common anesthetics. They told us that anesthesia would be on there. :downsgun:

Unless its changed in the last 5 or so years, there wasn't any anesthesia on the surgery shelf (assuming you are taking the standardized/nationalized one). There are some topics that have cross over in terms of lines and tubes, and some medications that are given intraoperatively, but I don't recall any straight up anesthesia being on there.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Well, it's not just morphine, it's morphine and liquor. Maybe he was trying to trigger some sort of retrograde amnesia biz like laudanum junkies used to report?

Honestly, these girls followed him up to his room, drank hard alcohol with him, and then stuck around long enough for the drugs to kick in. Sex was basically assured, so either Sharper just really needs to gently caress unconscious girls, or he was trying some sort of magic cocktail bullshit to try and wipe their memories. I kind of think it's the latter.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ork of Fiction posted:

Well, it's not just morphine, it's morphine and liquor. Maybe he was trying to trigger some sort of retrograde amnesia biz like laudanum junkies used to report?

Honestly, these girls followed him up to his room, drank hard alcohol with him, and then stuck around long enough for the drugs to kick in. Sex was basically assured, so either Sharper just really needs to gently caress unconscious girls, or he was trying some sort of magic cocktail bullshit to try and wipe their memories. I kind of think it's the latter.

Why do you think sex is basically assured?

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Ork of Fiction posted:

He actually wants compete power over a person and this is how he does it.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Chichevache posted:

Well they went up to his room with him and were drinking, so apparently that's more or less like consent.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

wtftastic posted:

Well they went up to his room with him and were drinking, so apparently that's more or less like consent.

Not only drinking, but drinking 'hard alcohol'.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

wtftastic posted:

Probably good enough for a court.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bashez posted:

Didn't work for Tyson

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Wait when a girl goes up to your room for drinks you're supposed to have sex with her? I thought that's when you're supposed to council her about the dangers of drinking with a man alone.

No wonder I never get laid.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
He's going for the record of terrible sexual conduct

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/20/darren-sharper-now-being-investigated-for-miami-sexual-assault/

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Daltos there was never any wonder why you never get laid

Ork of Fiction posted:

Sex was basically assured

awful

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rap posted:

Daltos there was never any wonder why you never get laid

It's not my fault girls like jocks instead of a man that cares about them and defends their honor

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Did Sharper think there was some kind of Pro Bowl for rapists?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How do we know there isn't? :tinfoil:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's called the National Championship Game and is played at the end of every college football season.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Doltos posted:

It's not my fault girls like jocks instead of a man that cares about them and defends their honor

Chicks dig dunks, charge taking is for suckers

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doltos posted:

I think its more you keep expecting to be rewarded for that.

Women are not vending machines daltos.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think its more you keep expecting to be rewarded for that.

Women are not vending machines daltos.

I'm pretty sure he's just loving around. (I hope.)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Probably Magic posted:

I'm pretty sure he's just loving around. (I hope.)

I am. I'm actually an Alpha Male. I'm so Alpha that I capitalize it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Daltos is occupying his usual spot somewhere in the haze between mockery, self-mockery and real actual thoughts

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Because of the implication

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rap posted:

Daltos is occupying his usual spot somewhere in the haze between mockery, self-mockery and real actual thoughts

No lantern will get you through that haze

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Apparently Darren Sharper is turning into the Carmen Sandiego of sexual assault and he was doing this poo poo all over the world.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

No lantern will get you through that haze

In loud clubs, she drank all night
Kept my special mixture just out of sight
She's passed out quickly, my body will drape
The Sex is implied, no way this is rape!

I have no idea why the green lantern oath popped into my head as quickly as it did

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I have no idea why the green lantern oath popped into my head as quickly as it did

Funky Cold Medina

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

AAA DOLFAN posted:

a nerd poet lauriet

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Bashez posted:

Where is he currently going to stand trial? Because...yeah.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Crazy Ted posted:

Apparently Darren Sharper is turning into the Carmen Sandiego of sexual assault and he was doing this poo poo all over the world.

Where in the world has

Sharper raped some women

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

Where in the world has

Sharper raped some women

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Sexboat or two.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Dexo posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Sexboat or two.

The whole purpose of buying the boat in the first place was to get the ladies nice and tipsy top side, so we can take them to a nice comfortable place below deck, and you know, they can't refuse...because of the implication.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schwack posted:

The whole purpose of buying the boat in the first place was to get the ladies nice and tipsy top side, so we can take them to a nice comfortable place below deck, and you know, they can't refuse...because of the ambien.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1lc6KASWg

Here you go bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Hey I'm up to date on my Sunny, that was just a very clever joke by me that I imparted to all of you jabronis

• Locked thread