Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Outside of a Showcase Presents volume I doubt we're gonna see much in the way of LOSH reprints any time soon.

When are we getting volume 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

When are we getting volume 5?

Probably whenever they decide to relaunch the book again.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Outside of a Showcase Presents volume I doubt we're gonna see much in the way of LOSH reprints any time soon.

That was because of a dodgy policy set up by Levitz it's when he was publisher, right? From what I've heard, he pretty adamantly refused to collect his own run so he could justify not collecting anyone else's stuff, but it's probably a bit more complex than that.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 29, 2014

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Tato posted:

Dark Horse is wasting no time with the EC Archives license. Vault of Horror Vol. 3 is coming out next month, now listings for Weird Fantasy Vol. 1 (May 13) and Two-Fisted Tales Vol. 3 (Aug 12) are up on Amazon as well. Fantagraphics is also putting out a nice slipcase collection of their first four black and white EC books in April if that's your thing.

Loving this! Despite having the EC Annuals and EC Library, I'm buying it again. Help!

Sturm
Oct 19, 2003

It's Xander or Sgt. Fury
With the new Cap movie being Winter Soldier, is there any talk of reprinting the Brubaker omnibuses of his run?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Screw reprints (not really), I want his run finished in omniboo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sturm posted:

With the new Cap movie being Winter Soldier, is there any talk of reprinting the Brubaker omnibuses of his run?

I doubt we'll see them this year.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
Found a 2008 Hardback of Watchmen on eBay for £3 so I nabbed that right away. Only real damage is a little denting on the bottom of the book, mostly on the dust cover which I care naught for. Have never read this before so I'm looking forward to it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I hope you enjoy it. Watchmen is my absolute favourite comic of all time.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been debating whether to trade in my Walter Simonson FF Visionaries trades and pre-order the forthcoming "Into the Timestream" Epic Collection. I haven't decided yet. Simonson's run may be short but I'd actually rate it above Waid and the second half of Byrne, and it seems to include the "Days of Future Present" crossover, but the only problem is it doesn't have his whole run when it's just about the right length (about twenty issues) for one of these books.

What does everyone think of the Epic Collections so far? I have the DeFalco/Frenz Thor one and I think it's pretty good.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The 2nd Waid DD OSHC came out last week, and the first Invisibles Deluxe OSHC is out this week, so when I get paid on Friday I'm going to be spending all my money. :negative:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

The 2nd Waid DD OSHC came out last week, and the first Invisibles Deluxe OSHC is out this week, so when I get paid on Friday I'm going to be spending all my money. :negative:

I'm still sitting on the Inhumans OSHH, the 4th Scott Pilgrim HC and the new edition of Lost at Sea. Car stuff has taken a priority this month.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'm not bothering with the new edition of Lost At Sea because I have a signed copy of the old paperback one. :smuggo:

(My Scott Pilgrim Color v1 and v2 are signed too)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

I'm not bothering with the new edition of Lost At Sea because I have a signed copy of the old paperback one. :smuggo:

(My Scott Pilgrim Color v1 and v2 are signed too)

My signed copy of SP 1 was stolen and I haven't gotten to a con he's attended since then. Also HC > all other editions. I also have that new DMZ hc in my box waiting to be purchased.

Edit: So I have about 11 HCs on hold at work so I sucked it up and bought the DD, Inhumans and DMZ books. I am now dirt-rear end poor.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 19, 2014

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Buy your Expedits now hardcover lovers, IKEA is doing away with them.

http://consumerist.com/2014/02/20/ikea-to-record-collectors-dont-freak-out-about-the-death-of-expedit-shelves/

There's a kind of replacement but it sounds like it's gonna have thinner material.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Really glad I picked mine up last year. If you're hard up for IKEA there's a knockoff of them sold through the Better Homes & Gardens brand at Wal Mart.

Edit: I did a stock check and no IKEA within a reasonable distance is even starting to run low. I am tempted to grab dad's truck and make a run to Ohio on monday though.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 20, 2014

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Man I wish we had an Ikea in NZ. All their shelving is ideal for books and figures.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

RevKrule posted:

http://consumerist.com/2014/02/20/ikea-to-record-collectors-dont-freak-out-about-the-death-of-expedit-shelves/

There's a kind of replacement but it sounds like it's gonna have thinner material.

I wonder what these rounded corners are going to look like. I think the thinner material just means the sides will have a smaller profile. The current Expidit is just a hollow particle board box with cardboard inside.

Veg posted:

Man I wish we had an Ikea in NZ. All their shelving is ideal for books and figures.

They are the best.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

sporklift posted:

I wonder what these rounded corners are going to look like. I think the thinner material just means the sides will have a smaller profile. The current Expidit is just a hollow particle board box with cardboard inside.

I seriously thought that picture was like a hornet's nest before I read the post.

As long as the new line doesn't change the integrity of the inner walls, I'm ok with it. The reason expedits are so popular is they hold a lot of loving books and don't bow. I just hope it doesn't look terrible next to old expedits because that's like 80% of my house right now.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

RevKrule posted:

Better buy a couple to stash away for myself then

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Can't wait for the Expedit black market to start up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
REAL TALK

Going to IKEA Canton tomorrow to pick up some Detolfs, figure I may as well grab some Expedits since they'll be extinct soon. Just trying to decide if I should future proof myself here and buy and extra 1x5 piece.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

I recently moved, and picked up a bunch of Large Wooden Crates for 19.97 at Home Depot. I stack them two high - they're a little too short to hold the tallest omnibuses, and their inner surface is a little bit rough, but I think they do the job just fine. Though you could go check them out at the store to see if they meet your standards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Indie Rocktopus posted:

I recently moved, and picked up a bunch of Large Wooden Crates for 19.97 at Home Depot. I stack them two high - they're a little too short to hold the tallest omnibuses, and their inner surface is a little bit rough, but I think they do the job just fine. Though you could go check them out at the store to see if they meet your standards.

Those don't seem very usable as they wouldn't be very stable if you stack them too high.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The newer ikea shelves are supposedly the same with minimal difference. The storage amount is the same.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The outside edges are half as thick so the new shelves will be a full inch smaller. I'd prefer to just get the shelves that match while I can.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Went to the Ikea in San Diego today and they were already totally out of the 78 x 78 black Expedits. They still had the single width 78 black ones, but it would have cost 100 bucks more for the same storage, so I passed, since I don't already have ones I need to match. Hopefully any San Diego goons got what they needed.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Shawn posted:

Went to the Ikea in San Diego today and they were already totally out of the 78 x 78 black Expedits. They still had the single width 78 black ones, but it would have cost 100 bucks more for the same storage, so I passed, since I don't already have ones I need to match. Hopefully any San Diego goons got what they needed.

Wonder if there is gonna be a shelving collector market...

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Lets all take up woodworking and make our own shelves.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
No one has time for that poo poo; there's too many comics to read.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ikea Canton is loaded up with expedits. I picked up 2 1x5s and a 2x2 plus some detolfs. My car is going to break under this weight.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

Ikea Canton is loaded up with expedits. I picked up 2 1x5s and a 2x2 plus some detolfs. My car is going to break under this weight.

Looks like Portland might be running low. We have a lot of vinyl freaks here.

Unrelated. Selling my 'Mazing Man custom hardcover on eBay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

Looks like Portland might be running low. We have a lot of vinyl freaks here.

Unrelated. Selling my 'Mazing Man custom hardcover on eBay.

Just talking to another Goon, if I can find an excuse to be near an IKEA again I'm going to pick up another 5x5 and store it until we buy a house.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

I got my Infinity hardcover in the mail yesterday. Is it just me or is the quality of Marvel hardcovers falling through the floor? The paper is super flimsy, a bunch of art and dialog is lost in the gutter, and the spine is stiff so the pages don't lay flat. For the ever increasing price on this poo poo I'd hope they'd at least justify it through sustained production values.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Beanpants posted:

I got my Infinity hardcover in the mail yesterday. Is it just me or is the quality of Marvel hardcovers falling through the floor? The paper is super flimsy, a bunch of art and dialog is lost in the gutter, and the spine is stiff so the pages don't lay flat. For the ever increasing price on this poo poo I'd hope they'd at least justify it through sustained production values.

It's been mentioned a lot on the Masterworks Messageboard and Bleeding Cool picked up on it form there. You're not alone. A lot of people are super unhappy with the quality of some Marvel books right now.

On the same subject, what are the Hawkeye and Daredevil OSHCs like for paper quality? Been meaning to pick them up but if they're as bad as Infinity then I'll skip.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I got the Waid Daredevil Vol. 2 OSHC last week but it's still shrinkwrapped. The Hawkeye one is pretty good quality though. I'll probably pick up the Winter Soldier one today.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Cheers for that. Not bought a Marvel book for a few years now so wasn't sure how the quality was stacking up. I'll get them ordered.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Since I can tell I'm going to be jonesing for more Hickman once I'm caught up on Avengers: any word about whether or not we're ever gonna see the rest of his Fantastic Four run in omnibus form?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

motherbox posted:

Since I can tell I'm going to be jonesing for more Hickman once I'm caught up on Avengers: any word about whether or not we're ever gonna see the rest of his Fantastic Four run in omnibus form?

The first one just came out, be patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Rhyno posted:

The first one just came out, be patient.

Really? Thought it was mid-2013, and I don't really know what the normal turnaround is on that sort of stuff. I guess I'm spoiled by how quick the turnaround was on the Infinity hardcover.

motherbox fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 28, 2014