Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Really Pants posted:

I have no idea, but I just noticed that "strap-on" backwards is "no parts!" :ironicat:

I hope they notice soon that they uploaded yesterday's Fingerpori again today. And by soon I mean by morning.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Darthemed posted:

For Heaven's Sake follows the mad-cap, zany adventures of a Reverend with an attitude!
The art always makes me think of Shoe.

Argharghargharghargharghargh!!!! :cry:

This kind of thing is almost exactly what I was worried we were going to get when HLTS started being posted.

Luann

I am very much in favor of giving to charity and helping those less fortunate. I am not very much in favor of self-flagellation. You're allowed to have fun sometimes, kids, and you don't have to feel bad about it!

Besides, I think cooking a meal and dropping it on some poor family, at least the way it sounds like Delta is planning to do it, is more about making yourself feel awesome than it is about doing any actual good for the family (who will likely feel intensely uncomfortable about having a bunch of teenagers show up and... oh, God, I hope they're not planning to watch the family eat the food).

Apartment 3-G

I wonder what she's been trying to feed that deer. Jelly Beans, or something.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Yessss! Bricks are back!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (February 5th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Wouldn't they have heard him walking around with the bug if he had it in his jacket while looking around?

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Kammat posted:

Wouldn't they have heard him walking around with the bug if he had it in his jacket while looking around?

He could have used bar soap, candle wax, or gum. With the old bugs, if you were somebody with a light touch like Willie, you could press a bit of wax or gum over the grid and muffle it until you wanted to let them hear again. Not that I would know anything about that.

On another kind of intel, I was looking to see if there were any new developments in Lost Side of Suburbia and saw this comment from the author (posted in the comments section of the last panel of "The Bogey," the story that just finished):

Kory Merritt posted:

And they lived happily ever after and had lots of hecksuckers and goatbenders. Or maybe not.
Originally the ending was going to be darker, particularly with Biff’s fate. Maybe it would have been less Hollywood, but that ending just felt too incomplete. So this is it.
I’d love to keep going, as I’ve got lots of new stories I’d like to do, but it’s become a matter of time and money. I’m an art teacher by day, and starting last year I picked up some freelance projects that offer some exciting possibilities. But that leaves no time for LSS (LSS makes very little money, and my freelance projects pay very well).
I’m still not convinced this site is a good format for me, since I’m not doing a comic strip here, and I do have a few other options, but I’ll probably be back on GoComics at some point with one or two more stories, one of which I started drawing last summer. I’m thinking maybe I’ll start posting this coming June or July when school lets out. I hope most of you won’t forget me in the meantime.
So thanks so much for following along with me. Maybe one day LSS will be profitable enough that I can focus on the stories more regularly, or maybe make the jump to print, but for now I’ll be mainly working on other stuff. One of the projects – an upcoming syndicated newspaper comic strip, created by a best-selling author and written by a popular cartoonist – is about to debut on another site. And I may post a very short story here on GoComics in a month or so. And I’ll try to update my website:
http://www.lostsideofsuburbia.com
Thanks again!
Kory

(bolding added to highlight an important bit. Nice to see somebody like this getting a chance at a syndicated strip. I hope he puts an announcement on his website when it appears.)

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
This is wonderful.

Have a couple of flipped versions, because Little My snarking right at the posts just needed to exist.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

TofuDiva posted:

This is wonderful.

Have a couple of flipped versions, because Little My snarking right at the posts just needed to exist.

Looking over it, I think I botched something up, the yellow-y artifacts are kinda bad. I'll double check the next one to make sure it's ok.
Meanwhile, somebody should go ahead and buy this, I mean really.

Who wouldn't want that snark on your side?

e: to clarify, I meant the page, you can probably see the difference in this cleaned up one compared to TofuDiva and tiistai's images.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Huh?

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Yeesh, that's some mouth.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Or all the pipes buried in the ground...

Retail

The only places I've seen like that were in Vegas. Anyway Marla's gonna pass on this guy because he's too much like Josh.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

You've got it wrong Karl. Skip's not questioning your will to do it; he's questioning your capacity.

Dustin

poo poo, you're right! Forget Obamacare, WebMD just put half the doctors out there out of a job!

On the Fastrack

"Do you know what this raven is for? To pick the meat off the corpses."

Safe Havens

Lord knows we don't want that old coot living another 100 years.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Lord knows we don't want that old coot living another 100 years.
What the gently caress kind of rule is that? Do they force them to become a mermaid or do they just magically turn into a mermaid and whoops they suffocated because they turned into a fish?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

anathenema
Apr 8, 2009

This isn't an edit, right? This strip really is that awesome?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

anathenema posted:

This isn't an edit, right? This strip really is that awesome?

This strip is really that awesome.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I'm still in the process of moving files over to my new computer, so here are some late comics.

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

The way that everybody looks the same in this comic, I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that this is a brand new character and not some bad attempt at a plot twist.

Pibgorn

Nothing to see here but Brooke's comic polluting the comics page again.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

The art in this is so lovely. Like someone said earlier it's so loving static. You don't get the impression of movement or action at all, and that last panel looks like she's only resting his hands on his shoulders or something rather than trying to strangle him. God, the artist, whoever you are, don't you got any loving shame putting out poo poo like this? At least reply-all means for it to look like poo poo, do you?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

The way that everybody looks the same in this comic, I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that this is a brand new character and not some bad attempt at a plot twist.

Wait, what? What the gently caress? So the Nazi was an American spy? And the lady is a Nazi spy? And this is all running parallel to the 'Grandma fucks a Nazi' story still, right? The guy who thinks he's in a movie with legs is the other guy who wants to gently caress Grandma and will be pissed she hosed the Nazi later? And this all started with a grave marker in France that had this guy's name on it, despite that fact that he's still alive? Wait, didn't he storm the beaches and go missing? How did he end up this far into enemy territory? Argh, this comic.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Guess which giant-headed homunculus we had almost forgotten about?

Quincy

catlord posted:

Argh, this comic.

brooke_victims.txt

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

His Divine Shadow posted:

The art in this is so lovely. Like someone said earlier it's so loving static. You don't get the impression of movement or action at all, and that last panel looks like she's only resting his hands on his shoulders or something rather than trying to strangle him. God, the artist, whoever you are, don't you got any loving shame putting out poo poo like this? At least reply-all means for it to look like poo poo, do you?

The comic's done by three people, actually. I skipped over posting it originally for the obvious reasons, but here's the meet the creators thing they did just in case anybody's curious.

The short end of it is that the inker is fairly new, the artist spent 20 years working as a graphics designer in Vegas, and the writer has a fuckton of professional experience under his belt.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Wanamingo posted:

Six Chix

Huh?
Presumably she's reading an article on her phone about how bad phones are because they give you radiation cancer/ruin your social life/whatever.

What's with the guy in the back with the pitchers?

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 21, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wanamingo posted:

The short end of it is that the inker is fairly new, the artist spent 20 years working as a graphics designer in Vegas, and the writer has a fuckton of professional experience under his belt.
But that only deepens the question of how it manages to be of such astoundingly trite quality.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
The three people who made Meaning of Lila were professionals too. The writer was from the LA Times and one of the artists worked as a graphic designer for Hallmark.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What is going on at that preschool that she'd be in a position to save his life three times?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's not a fennec at all! :argh:

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- For the start of the field worship, we shall sing the hymn...
PAF
- Who are you?
- The Field God

Kenttä means field in the military sense. Jumalanpalvelus is (divine) service / worship, literally (jumalan) "god's" (palvelus) "worship". I don't know if "field worship" is a good name for kenttäjumalanpalvelus, but it passed my standard test of getting at least a few hits on Google.

Fok_It

Fok_It
5 years!
High five!

Congrats :toot:

tiistai fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 21, 2014

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Manuel Calavera posted:

Sure it is. It's got the pudgy body and stout nose and everything.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Midnight Moth posted:

Gil

Or all the pipes buried in the ground...

How did this even happen Grandpa?

Julet Esqu posted:

The Masked Man and the Dog Classic

The continuing story of the Masked Man and the Dog reminds me why I love Phantom Classic.

Midnight Moth posted:

Presumably she's reading an article on her phone about how bad phones are because they give you radiation cancer/ruin your social life/whatever.

What's with the guy in the back with the pitchers?

He's hitting bottom.

Momma

Why are they walking away? That seems abrupt. Maybe they're about to duel.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tiggum posted:

What is going on at that preschool that she'd be in a position to save his life three times?

This is Safe Havens. Someone's going to turn into a flesh-eating bacteria or something, and only that daycare lady can stop it.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Why are all the old ladies in Momma so tiny compared to the rest of the characters? I think they are actually gnomes.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

But that only deepens the question of how it manages to be of such astoundingly trite quality.

Really? It explained quite a bit, I thought. Writer has decades of experience, but it's all been spent making the same sort of "loaf-processed humor product" as we're seeing now. Artist just recently broke away from drawing t-shirts -- a decidedly static medium -- and their only significant comics job so far has been in C&L (which may well be the highlight of the whole book), so it's no wonder they're rusty. Inker's a fresh-faced youngster who's probably just ecstatic to have something she can put on her resume. Zachary is the sum of its parts.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Manuel Calavera posted:

scarycave posted:

Sure it is. It's got the pudgy body and stout nose and everything.

God you guys! No this is a Fennec...

:v:

Jane's World

Yep, looks like whoever guessed "no parts" was the winner. :v:

Non Sequitur

:ughh: I get the point, Wiley, it's just not funny.

Heavenly Nostrils

We still have ours, and it's still hooked up. I'm probably going to axe it soon, as the only people that really call that number are telemarketers.

Kliban

Ew.

9 Chickweed Lane 2/21/2003

:ughh:

Speaking of Axe...

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Yep, just 35 bucks. You can lease your soul to "Bob"! Such a deal!

http://www.subgenius.com/scatalog/membership.htm

Nemi

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

SubNat posted:

Looking over it, I think I botched something up, the yellow-y artifacts are kinda bad. I'll double check the next one to make sure it's ok.
Meanwhile, somebody should go ahead and buy this, I mean really.

Who wouldn't want that snark on your side?

This is suitable for so many occasions on the Internet. It's certainly a multi-purpose tool for around here. :allears:

Skippy (December 3, 1926)

Peanuts (February 24, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Remembering that this is supposed to be a story about ageism, the artist finally puts a single line on Cindy's face.

As whoever's passing as Son of Stuck Funky this morning points out, Batiuk could've picked a better network for this MAJOR ISSUE STORY than one whose flagship news anchor is a 68 year-old woman.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo (February 24, 1956)

Miz Beaver gets a sentimental tear in her eye whenever the riot squad's called out.

Out Our Way (June 27-28, 1924)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac doesn't pay-off on the build up.

The Creeps pulls the ol' switcheroo!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
monty

marmaduke circa 1968

mike do jour

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Ghostlight posted:

The writer spends a pretty significant portion of his bio insisting how funny he is, which sends up some red flags to me...

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

I have moved on from being annoyed by the stupid trapeze guy always being on a trapeze everywhere, and now I'm annoyed by the fact that EVEN IF IT WAS POSSIBLE to have a floating trapeze not connected to anything that moves to anywhere you need to be 24/7, THERE IS NO POINT in a trapeze artist simply spending 24/7 hanging motionless by his knees. Unless in Holbrook-world, people pay big money to go to Cirque du Soleil and watch guys compete to hang motionless for as long as possible.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Oh history, you so racist.

• Locked thread