Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Help, I can't find my rear end with both hands!

(What actually happened was that I got temporarily bugged inside a dead piece of Lephantis during the first phase. When it eventually despawned I was mashing melee to try to get out.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

NGDBSS posted:

Help, I can't find my rear end with both hands!

"Does anyone smell something?"
Rhino attempts to discreetly check when he thinks no one is looking (but Lotus is).

That bug's never going away.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Posting in the hopes that some kind soul has a spare Frost Prime Systems blueprint.

Or any spare Glaive Prime parts. (PC)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kaldaris posted:

Posting in the hopes that some kind soul has a spare Frost Prime Systems blueprint.

Or any spare Glaive Prime parts. (PC)

get in the dojo.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I have a bunch of level 1 and 2 keys. Are these worth it to run? Since I can't open the game to pubs, I assume I need to ask in guild. Since everyone seems to be super decked out, it seems like it would be a waste of their time.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Nah, people are people much always up for any type of key.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Sandweed posted:

I hope there is about 10 goons that need the Latron Prime.
I'll give you some small amount of plat for a few pieces? I only have stock and the BP.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
If anyone needs Frost Prime Chassis BP's, I have 3 of them, and I'll trade (preferably) for Ember Prime Helmet BP's.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I have a whole bunch of prime parts that I'd be happy to trade for boar prime parts, if we're doing this now.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Androc posted:

I have a whole bunch of prime parts that I'd be happy to trade for boar prime parts, if we're doing this now.

I've got some boar parts if you've got sicarus or dakra parts (anything besides the bps for either). I'm not in goonclan but I've got the same name in-game as here, so drop me a friend request or w/e.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Sandweed posted:

get in the dojo.

I had to go unfortunately when I was on. What's your in game name?

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Are the bp's tradeable? If so looking for a glaive prime one, i've got a few paris prime strings if people need.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how should I be building my trinity?

Other than the full restore/invisibility thing, the rest don't look to be to useful.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Yeah, full Duration for Blessing (And I personally add Sure Footed and Fortitude to minimize the risk of getting chain stunned.) is probably the best way to go. About the only variance of this would be to slot Link in too and add an Overextended to counteract Narrow Minded.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Alteisen posted:

So how should I be building my trinity?

Other than the full restore/invisibility thing, the rest don't look to be to useful.

If you want to go full invincible ignore the first two abilities. You need the third one though, it keeps you from getting knocked down which is the only real way to die once you have enough duration and efficiency to get almost full uptime on blessing. The trick is to understand that you cant cast blessing while a previous blessing is active. So you end up with 1.5 seconds of recast time every invuln cycle. Doesn't sound bad in theory but in practice during endgame content that 1.5 secs is like an eternity of time to get knocked down and piled on.

By layering ability 3 in your blessing rotation you can ensure that no matter what you can recast blessing when it runs out.

Other than that i build for max duration and efficiency mods for power then max health and very little shields. WIth rage you can always get energy back up if you somehow start to get low, but in practice you never get that low with Energy siphon and 75% efficiency cap.

Finally understand that doing the above is pointless for 90% of the content your just trading killing speed for unneeded survivability. However if you're the type of player that never wants to die or just needs to see what an hour deep t3 survival run feels like have at it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have efficiency but no power duration mods, guess I'll have to get lucky then.

Thanks for the build.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
There's another build on the wiki which is sort of gimped-looking, but if you're on a good team of energy-hungry casters you could potentially help fuel their holocaust. Also, it's called POWERTHIRST, which is kind of funny.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The biggest problem with running energy vampire like that is that they only reason to do it is if you have a bunch of maxed-Blind Rage casters spamming their abilities all the time, which makes it really hard to keep Energy Vampire up enough to feed them.

It's a really niche build.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

In addition, the team energy restore consumables exist and are cheap as gently caress to build, especially if you're making them in bulk (9k credits, 225 polymer bundles, and 2250 nano spores makes 10 of the things).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Cernos or Paris?

I have the components for both not sure which one to make.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Alteisen posted:

Cernos or Paris?

I have the components for both not sure which one to make.
The Cernos is probably the better one of the two overall, since it has higher base damage (though it's mostly impact to the Paris' puncture) and crit chance, plus a stock V polarity. The impact damage mean's you'll want to make sure you have a decent elemental setup if you're taking it against Grineer, though.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You want to level the Paris so you can sell it and get a paris prime later on.

The Cernos is really good against the Corpus though.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I have a general question about missions and ammunition drops: why do I (playing solo and using only a Rifle and a Pistol) consistently get Shotgun and Sniper ammunition drops? As I still use the default gun I need every bullet I can get and quite literally I ran out of bullets (for a Rifle and a Pistol) on my latest mission and had to sprint through enemies while using Invisible constantly - of course, not being able to gather energy made that a bit hard. I realize if I was playing in a group that would most likely be alleviated, but seeing as it is not always an option (and I like playing solo, it's tense), do I just have to get used to it? I was trying to use my sword, but it wasn't working too well. Obviously having a better gun would help a lot, but that's something I'm working on. I'm currently on Venus.

Also I have a question about the first (or "prove yourself with the primary weapon" if they come in random order) test: I was able to clear the first wave of enemies barely in a time limit and was feeling quite relieved, but then another wave came in and promptly killed me. How many waves there are and do enemies become progressively stronger or are they simply more numerous?

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 21, 2014

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

I have a general question about missions and ammunition drops: why do I (playing solo and using only a Rifle and a Pistol) consistently get Shotgun and Sniper ammunition drops? As I still use the default gun I need every bullet I can get and quite literally I ran out of bullets (for a Rifle and a Pistol) on my latest mission and had to sprint through enemies while using Invisible constantly - of course, not being able to gather energy made that a bit hard. I realize if I was playing in a group that would most likely be alleviated, but seeing as it is not always an option (and I like playing solo, it's tense), do I just have to get used to it? I was trying to use my sword, but it wasn't working too well. Obviously having a better gun would help a lot, but that's something I'm working on. I'm currently on Venus.

Ammo drops are completely randomized, which is a minor gripe I have with this game. Universal ammo clips (like they used in Mass Effect 2 and 3) would have been much more elegant, with each individual weapon getting a different amount of ammunition per clip.

If your weapons are low level and you don't have a lot of mods at high level, then you'll probably run out of ammo a lot. Nothing you can do but to suck it up and melee more often. However, it does force you to try to get headshots, and be more conservative with your ammo use, which is a good practice to have.

Also, you can try asking fellow goons if they have a spare ammo mutation mod. They drop quite reliably from Survival missions (Apollodorus in Mercury, 25 minutes onwards will tend to give an ammo mutation mod), so that's another avenue.

Also, all melee attacks while invisible automatically crit.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Szurumbur posted:

Also I have a question about the first (or "prove yourself with the primary weapon" if they come in random order) test: I was able to clear the first wave of enemies barely in a time limit and was feeling quite relieved, but then another wave came in and promptly killed me. How many waves there are and do enemies become progressively stronger or are they simply more numerous?

Get one of these:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rifle_Ammo_Mutation

It's the solution to soloing.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Szurumbur posted:

Ammo becomes much, much less of an issue once you start getting some half decent mods in your gun. That said, replace your starter rifle ASAP, it's terrible. 25k credits will get you the normal Braton to replace your Mk1, and that will flat out double your damage output. And don't forget you have your sword. It's not a very good sword, but on on Mercury it'll do the job (especially with the bonus melee damage you get from being invisible).

As for the mastery test, there's no reason you should be dying on it, even with the starter weapons. There's three waves of enemies, and you should have plenty of time. Remember to stay mobile, you don't have to stand in the middle getting shot.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

Remember to stay mobile, you don't have to stand in the middle getting shot.

Not going to lie, did not realise that. Guess it's only 18 hours to wait before I try again.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

Ammo becomes much, much less of an issue once you start getting some half decent mods in your gun. That said, replace your starter rifle ASAP, it's terrible. 25k credits will get you the normal Braton to replace your Mk1, and that will flat out double your damage output. And don't forget you have your sword. It's not a very good sword, but on on Mercury it'll do the job (especially with the bonus melee damage you get from being invisible).

As for the mastery test, there's no reason you should be dying on it, even with the starter weapons. There's three waves of enemies, and you should have plenty of time. Remember to stay mobile, you don't have to stand in the middle getting shot.

I still don't have enough money :cry: My worst problem with the test is the time limit: if I run around dodging I can't kill the enemies fast enough, if I attack head-on I have little leeway and end up getting killed. The reason for me getting killed is probably me not being very good at the game, but at least I have infinite chances to get better - in the end I can just grind until I have a better gun, anyway.

Sandweed posted:

Get one of these:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rifle_Ammo_Mutation

It's the solution to soloing.

Zakmonster posted:

Ammo drops are completely randomized, which is a minor gripe I have with this game. Universal ammo clips (like they used in Mass Effect 2 and 3) would have been much more elegant, with each individual weapon getting a different amount of ammunition per clip.

If your weapons are low level and you don't have a lot of mods at high level, then you'll probably run out of ammo a lot. Nothing you can do but to suck it up and melee more often. However, it does force you to try to get headshots, and be more conservative with your ammo use, which is a good practice to have.

Also, you can try asking fellow goons if they have a spare ammo mutation mod. They drop quite reliably from Survival missions (Apollodorus in Mercury, 25 minutes onwards will tend to give an ammo mutation mod), so that's another avenue.

Also, all melee attacks while invisible automatically crit.

That mod seems like a good solution and will probably end up useful anyway, I'll have to look into getting it - although preferably by doing a mission. Auto-crits while being invisible will help a lot, I was simply using the skill to as a better Decoy and swinging will also end up sparing bullets.

Also, does Teleport Switch really confuse enemies (as in, they lose aggro or something)? I can hardly use it consistently because of targeting problems, so I was going to switch it out for some Shield mod, but if it has some hidden properties, maybe I won't.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If Switch Teleport does have any sort of confusion/stun component, it's too short-lived to be useful. Decoy is generally a better bet for distracting enemies.

As for being too space-poor to buy a Braton, play with goons for a bit and we can fix that problem for you in a hurry. If you must play solo, your absolute worst-case is running Terminus (the very first mission on Mercury) 25 times.

Getting better at the game is also a good idea in general, but that just comes with time.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
What is it about the Carrier that it's the OPs recommended Sentinel?

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
The Carrier's special ability (suck up nearby loot so it doesn't have to be manually collected) is by far the most useful one. Carrier's weapon is also the most useful out-of-the-box as it's pretty powerful and uses shotgun, not rifle, mods (at the moment you can't equip the same mods on a sentinel weapon and any weapons carried).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cassa posted:

What is it about the Carrier that it's the OPs recommended Sentinel?

Vacuum is the best ability (no more having to walk over loot to collect it, it just hoovers it up for you!) and the shotgun is literally the best sentinel gun and good enough to potato and forma.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
In sustained DPS the Deth Machine Rifle can be made better than Sweeper, but it takes a maxed Serration, Hcal, and 6 Forma to reach its full potential. That's in addition to whatever's slotted in your Rifle.

Pretty sure I'm gonna blow one of my Legendary cores on a second hcal and max a second Serration with regular cores to do just that, though.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Ahhh, right right. Oddly, I can't seem to equip the vacuum as it needs 2 points, and currently it has 0. Guess I'll have to upgrade it?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah just bring him into an Apollodorus run and he'll pull enough xp to equip vacuum. Make sure that Striker (its attack skill) goes in the bottom right sentinel mod slot so that he it actually uses any abilities instead of constantly firing the shotgun.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Yeah just bring him into an Apollodorus run and he'll pull enough xp to equip vacuum. Make sure that Striker (its attack skill) goes in the bottom right sentinel mod slot so that he it actually uses any abilities instead of constantly firing the shotgun.

Or don't, put it in the top right so he prioritises hoovering poo poo up > killing everything with sweeper > everything else. :getin:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Or don't, put it in the top right so he prioritises hoovering poo poo up > killing everything with sweeper > everything else. :getin:

Guardian is more important than Striker, him killing stuff don't help if you are dead.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sandweed posted:

Guardian is more important than Striker, him killing stuff don't help if you are dead.
This is correct. Proper order should always be Guardian first, then the special ability (Vacuum/Vaporize/etc.). The the attack ability (Stiker, Swtift Deth, etc.) and Regen come after that, but the order for those doesn't matter too much as long as they're after the others. Coolant Leak, if you have it, should probably go after the special ability and before the attack ability, but I only got it recently and haven't fiddled with it much (and usually don't run with an attack mod slotted on Carrier anyway).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Wait, there are frames other than Rhino in this game?!?!?!

(Realtalk: yes, you're totally right.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My sweeper has been so drat powerful if I don't put striker in the last priority I will never get any kills because Carrier will steal them all.