Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Ferrosol posted:

Keep wearing the coronet because queens need to be stylish.

Wilful We need to show everyone that we're not going to be easy meat.

Lead the parade but don't speakScore brownie points with the commoners but keep our mouth shut.

Learn Foreign Intel and Internal Affairs Elodie knows all and sees all.

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Pair Of Ducks posted:

I have this sneaking suspicion however, that all these failures are about to catch up to us. Milk vipers are easy enough to run past screaming, but out in the open we're going to have to deal with snipers and poo poo, and we've probably made a few people unhappy with our waffling and faux pas.

Well, the word "die" is right there in her name. It's destiny.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Abi gezunt dos leben ken men zikh ale mol nemen.
I'm pretty sure you can die earlier than week 16, but it requires you really pushing it with a certain event chain that the game almost literally says "Please stop, you are totally loving up. Don't do this."

Then the game get's sick of your poo poo and just loving ends you.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

The Mighty Biscuit posted:

I'm pretty sure you can die earlier than week 16, but it requires you really pushing it with a certain event chain that the game almost literally says "Please stop, you are totally loving up. Don't do this."

Then the game get's sick of your poo poo and just loving ends you.

Yes, that can happen as early as week 7 - I just checked. It's also the easiest way to get one of the eleven possible ways to die, because it involves no skill checks and it happens pretty early so you don't need to carefully keep your skills low and intentionally make bad choices for half the game. (There are many more than eleven places where Elodie can die, but she'll always die in one of eleven possible ways.)

The difference is that from here on out you can make choices that are not obviously the most wrong choice possible and then die from not having the appropriate skills high enough. For example, suppose there were an Knitting skill, and that Elodie had to have Knitting raised to at least 60 to recognize that her knitting needles were cursed - choosing to make some mittens is not obviously a bad idea, and you might think that 50 is enough Knitting for a pair of mittens and anyway the worst that can happen is embarrassment, and then you discover that you were wrong.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Well, the word "die" is right there in her name. It's destiny.

Well a bit of a surprise, an early failure might lead to a later success. If we're gonna be exploring all possible options I'll keep mum on the subject.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Aethersphere posted:

I don't see how you could beat it that way. Just from my own experience, something always fucks you over at some point.

I hope our Elodie rises above through the power of committee choices!

There was a lot of loading involved. I only lived by the skin of my teeth through the power of decoration.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Festival

Go to Festival: 19

Don't Go: 0

Outfit

Coronet: 14

Catsuit: 1

Mood

Willful: 11

Cheerful: 1

Angry: 1

Class

Reflexes: 8

Dance: 8

Internal Affairs: 5

Foreign Intelligence: 5

Decoration: 5

Horses: 4

Poison: 3

Divination: 2

Swords: 2

Presence: 1

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Oh good. Elodie can now walk. She should be ready for the Grand Gala now.

Now if an enemy assailant tries to poke Elodie with lightning fast speed, she should be ready.

If you have any concerns about your safety, please, stay here. The people will recover from disappointment; if we lose you, there is no recovery.

My little girl.

You prepare your best gown for the occasion, then walk slowly through the town with your attendants. It would not be appropriate for you to wear a sword, but you do walk with a sturdy golden scepter that's taller than you are.

Then the new life is blessed, and all the attendants join in song. The procession regroups to return to the castle.

What do I do now?

Pick up the crystal with your bare hands. Press it against your chest, over your heart, and say "Illuminate!"

Okay... Here we go... Illuminate!

Wow.

The priestess here is a friend of mine. I will come to your lessons in the faith and train you to use your powers.

We can finally learn Lumen! The class descriptions have been added to the second post.

What lumen classes should Elodie take? Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 23, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And no prizes for guessing what the Lumen outfit is. :colbert:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Sorry for the low quality GIF. I'll make a higher quality one tomorrow.

It has been nearly a month. I'll definitely do it. Some time. Maybe.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 13, 2014

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I guess you could kill people with magic too. I guess.

Swords and Wield Magic

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

And no prizes for guessing what the Lumen outfit is. :colbert:

No, because people that have already played the game would know.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Magic!

Wield it and sense it

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Magic!

Wield it and sense it

This.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Wield Magic x2

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Huh. I had always assumed that the possible death that occurs during this week was tied directly to a decision that we made earlier in this LP, but I guess not. It's so hard to keep track of who wants to kill Elodie when!

Super Jay Mann posted:

I guess you could kill people with magic too. I guess.

Swords and Wield Magic

Seconding these votes.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Zikan posted:

Wield Magic x2

Seconded.

Sparkle princess magic, activate, or something.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

MegaZeroX posted:

No, because people that have already played the game would know.

It says something about me that I actually was surprised when I unlocked it, I think. :doh:

Anyway, let's study Logistics and Sense Magic.

Catalina posted:

Huh. I had always assumed that the possible death that occurs during this week was tied directly to a decision that we made earlier in this LP, but I guess not. It's so hard to keep track of who wants to kill Elodie when!

You can die this week? Here I thought I had discovered most of the ways to die horribly!

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Well, looks like we hosed up the tree planting, so the faeries will be after us. We need to learn how to Wield Magicx2 to fight them off.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Sense Magic x2. All y'all trying to run before you can walk.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Swords x 2! We must take advantage of our current modifier bonus to train in the fine art of skewering people!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Holy poo poo, this went full-on magical girl.

I'm glad to see that seeing the failed checks here is as frustrating as failing them in-game. :v:

I'm going with Sense Magic x2.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why are we even asking about this?

Zikan posted:

Wield Magic x2

Obv

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!

Catalina posted:

It's actually tied to a decision we didn't make. :ssh:

And Sense Magic x2. What good is wielding it when we don't even know it's being used?

I finally won omg.

Ayana fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 21, 2014

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Throwing away my vote on logistics and swords. Mood bonuses!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Magic!

Wield it and sense it

It begins!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Full list of Things we know at this point in time

New things we’ve just learnt

Skills posted:

Dance

10: You practise curtseying, standing, and walking across the floor in a graceful manner.

Reflexes

10: Your teacher walks around you, prodding a finger at you slowly in order to train you in blocking those touches without triggering fear or faster breathing.

Skill Checks posted:

Week 16 (Leading a parade, without making a speech)
DecorationSkill Level 0 was not enough to pass
EleganceSkill Level 46.5 was not enough to pass

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Number of skill checks so far (excluding the Weekend Activity skill check for trying to enter the treasury) = 24

Number of successful skill checks so far (counting a "partial success" as 0.5) = 4.5

Percentage of skill checks successfully passed = 18.75%

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Guys, lets finish up Internal Affairs (x2).

Aethersphere
Mar 21, 2009

you see me rollin up pops you step aside
Sense magic and court manners. Keep it classy.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Aethersphere posted:

Sense magic and court manners. Keep it classy.

Yup this!

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Archery x2

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Guys, are mood is angry. Let's take advantage of the bonus.

so lets learn about boats!!! Naval Strategy x2 please

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Mood bonuses, woo! Strategy and Strategy, please.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

I would say Resist Magic so you don't get strangled by a python while paralyzed by Grinder but that would be hilarious.

So Naval Strategy because you're going to need lots of boats to defeat the Soviet Nazi Spanish Vikings.

Or both because arbitrary.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Sense some magic! Wield some magic! Magic magic magic :haw:

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I'm rather leaning towards Swords and Strategy and waiting for becoming Willful to learn Magic.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Classes

Wield Magic: 14

Sense Magic: 13