Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

Finally the Dolphin Sigil I have always needed. I think this campaign might not be as successful as their last since they can't intrude on IP to make Star Wars or Warhammer stencils; neat idea though.

I'm sure they will offer custom stencils where you send in a peice of artwork and they make a stencil from it.

quote:

.....BUT I WANT SOMETHING REALLY REALLY SPECIAL (thats just for my CUSTOM army)!

Sure thing! If we make our project funding in our Kickstarter we are going to be able to offer something ubercool for larger pledges....

WATCH
THIS
SPACE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm amazed that Allied star and circled star stencils aren't in the starting lineup. The WW2 historical guys would get that funded, and then they can make all the dolphins or rainbows they want.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

moths posted:

I'm amazed that Allied star and circled star stencils aren't in the starting lineup. The WW2 historical guys would get that funded, and then they can make all the dolphins or rainbows they want.

Especially since they've already got an Iron Cross, which is only a short skip and a jump away from a Balkenkreuz

The very pretty Nika only has 2 hours left and $706 for a stretch goal for anyone interested but not onboard already.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 20, 2014

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
not a TG Kickstarter, but I thought you guys would appreciate this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ilex-press/kickstarter-succeed-first-time-a-guide-to-crowdfun

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
FTC contacted me recently to follow up on a complaint that I filed regarding a failed Kickstarter from last year. Interestingly enough, they wanted to know not just about that Kickstarted project, but also about others that had failed to produce on their promises (and were familiar with the other two that I named) *as well as* any IndieGoGo or other crowdsourced funding sites I'd used.

I suspect crowdfunding may be looking at some increased regulation in the future. Not big news, I know, but interesting I thought.

Modiphius
Feb 20, 2014

Looks like they weren't following the book!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Memnaelar posted:

FTC contacted me recently to follow up on a complaint that I filed regarding a failed Kickstarter from last year. Interestingly enough, they wanted to know not just about that Kickstarted project, but also about others that had failed to produce on their promises (and were familiar with the other two that I named) *as well as* any IndieGoGo or other crowdsourced funding sites I'd used.

I suspect crowdfunding may be looking at some increased regulation in the future. Not big news, I know, but interesting I thought.
Which one was your complaint about?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

dwarf74 posted:

Which one was your complaint about?

The Doom That Came to Atlantic City. Cryptozoic rescued the project (but not all the extra goodies that could be ordered alongside the game) so that mitigated my complaint somewhat. However, it's definitely the only Kickstarter I've had fail where I felt certain that the failure was a deliberate misuse of funds.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Well, in better news, Timewatch is less than 24 hours from ending. It's passed 87k, and is only about $13k away from unlocking full-color hardcover books at the $40 price point.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kevinkulp/timewatch-gumshoe-investigative-time-travel-rpg

It's already $40 for a hardcover and a bunch of PDFs, which strikes me as eminently reasonable these days!

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
A friend just sent me a link to this one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cosmicwombatgames/stones-of-fate-easy-to-learn-card-game-30-min-play/

Looks entertaining. So far I have skipped all the card games but I might give this one a shot.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FRINGE posted:

A friend just sent me a link to this one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cosmicwombatgames/stones-of-fate-easy-to-learn-card-game-30-min-play/

Looks entertaining. So far I have skipped all the card games but I might give this one a shot.

"It's based on the Tarot so we had to add gratuitous nudity" - what the hell? Also I already own Guilds of Cadwallon so feel no need to buy it again.

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

Dagon posted:

Email me at chris@lees-lists.com and I'll hook you up with another list or two of your choice for your dollar.

All good mate, you're welcome to it. I certainly appreciate the offer though.

Dagon posted:

Yay 100%!

Crap now I have to actually finish this thing.

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to the hardcopy when it's completed.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dreadball Xtreme Kickstarter is now live, and already funded. (In fact, it was me who pushed it over 100%.) Still some Early Birds available if you're quick - they'll be gone inside 15 minutes though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jedit posted:

"It's based on the Tarot so we had to add gratuitous nudity" - what the hell? Also I already own Guilds of Cadwallon so feel no need to buy it again.

Surprise! Someone in the TG Kickstarter thread is getting bent out of shape over some naked people.

Even if their reason for it is BS, it's not even sexual, it's just naked people. And aside from having the courtesy to warn potential backers beforehand and stashing the questionable images behind a link, they've got it split male-female pretty evenly. Are you literally that put out by nudity?

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Bad Munki posted:

Surprise! Someone in the TG Kickstarter thread is getting bent out of shape over some naked people.

Even if their reason for it is BS, it's not even sexual, it's just naked people. And aside from having the courtesy to warn potential backers beforehand and stashing the questionable images behind a link, they've got it split male-female pretty evenly. Are you literally that put out by nudity?

That reason is ridiculously bullshit; I've got 3 different tarot decks at home and none of them have nudity in. Also, even aside from that, the nudity on show is a lot more heavily biased towards showing breasts than anything else; the 3 male ones are all from behind and 2 of them are almost entirely shadowed, while the 4 female cards all show plenty of detail and two of them are posed to provide full view of T&A. It's just a bit skeevy and doesn't particularly fit in with the feel the game seems to be going for.

e: Still, as you say, it's good that they've flagged it up as something that could be a problem for people and hid it behind a link.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
For anyone that backed it, looks like that Galaxy Defenders is now shipping, and I got a tracking number for it. I've seen all the horror stories with TG Kickstarters and I have to say that Ares was great throughout the whole thing. If it seemed like there was a long wait in between updates or that what was supposed to happen didn't happen, when someone asked in the comments, someone usually was there to give an unofficial update on what was happening. A couple of people did flip out on them but I'm putting it down more on them being crazy than Ares doing anything wrong (one person said they'd never pledge again after Ares had the balls to confirm people's address a second time 2-3 weeks before shipping to make sure that no packages would get lost. The horror).

It's not over until I have the game in my hand, but Ares definitely is a company I wouldn't hesitate dealing with again through Kickstarter as even though the game got delayed from their original estimate, they kept us on top of things the entire time.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I need to delete this app.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I'd kind of forgotten about We Are Dead, a nifty-looking zombie board game set in a mall. My copy came last night! A new board game to play with the family this weekend!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Literal last minutes for TimeWatch. Hardcover books are now full color, if you can get in under the wire!

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

FRINGE posted:

Hmmm... I find myself wanting this to fail because it's superficially similar to a game I'm planning to Kickstart...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Flavivirus posted:

That reason is ridiculously bullshit; I've got 3 different tarot decks at home and none of them have nudity in.

Actually tarot decks do often have nudity in. If it had been after the Ryder-Waite Tarot, for example, it would have nudity on The Lovers, The Devil and The World. But it's not on cards where nudity traditionally features. It's on cards including the Eight of Swords that doesn't even have a person on it in any real tarot deck, and the worst example of T&A is on loving Temperance - literally the card of moderate behaviour. That's why the justification is bullshit, and why I'm pissed off by it.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Bad Munki posted:

People are allowed to post their opinions on Kickstarters in the thread abouyt kickstarters. Your post is bitching that other people have opinions you don't approve of. I have warned people about this bullshit too many times, so I am going to stop now. Don't bitch about other people posting, don't bitch about other people having the wrong opinions. People are allowed to like naked people on their stupid cards, and they allowed to dislike it. What you are doing right here, is making GBS threads in the loving thread and trying to pick a fight over something stupid. gently caress off with that.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
The Kickstarter for my friend's game Questlandia (the title is my least favorite part) went live recently: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/825764665/questlandia

Disclaimer: I did do some playtesting, but I dug the hell out of it even in its then-unfinished state. It does some neat stuff with making your choices feel like really rough trade-offs, and has pleasingly zippy world/character generation rules.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Count me in as another fan of Lagoon, having played the PnP version. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the awesome tile art, and I'm really happy it's surpassed its funding goal as much as it has; as of this post they're just shy of their ninth stretch goal, and there are still 8 days left. :dance:

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Jedit posted:

~ nudity ~
It looks like the guy was originally talking to some other artist but changed direction because he was worried that the US audience would have a problem with it. Maybe he should do two runs or something. It never even occurs to me that people would care anymore.

Heres the example I found from the other artist (NSWF cartoony-art-boobs) http://imgur.com/znyQXbB

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Ropes4u posted:

I need to delete this app.

I saw that there was a Kickstarter app and immediately thought "This is no good. I already pledge to too many crappy projects ..."

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

Man Dancer posted:

The Kickstarter for my friend's game Questlandia (the title is my least favorite part) went live recently: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/825764665/questlandia

Disclaimer: I did do some playtesting, but I dug the hell out of it even in its then-unfinished state. It does some neat stuff with making your choices feel like really rough trade-offs, and has pleasingly zippy world/character generation rules.

Just put this over the top. Do you know if your friend is planning on adding any stretch goals? I feel like they're often what get people who are undecided to go ahead and pledge (it's like unlocking achievements), and she's got 27 days left.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Lagoon: Land of Druids just recently hit the 75,000 USD mark (out of 20k), which unlocked their 9th stretch-goal, which was to turn all the Druid tokens into screen-printed wooden tokens. That's 40 wooden tokens in all (5 per circle, with 8 circles). The choice to add more circles even though the game is up to 4 players might be kind of odd, but I personally like it. It reminds me of how in Monopoly I'd always be able to choose from all the different tokens since we were never crazy enough to play it with more than 4 players.

The next stretch goal is at 80k, which is 3 desktop wallpapers using the beautiful artwork Eduardo Garcia made for the game (has he done the art for other games? I might want them based on the art alone if it's this high quality) in addition to a wallpaper that's already been released in the latest update. After that we might get higher quality bags or wooden seed tokens.

There's still 8 days left and with the rate things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if we unlock another couple of stretch-goals or three.

Important: The higher quality components are only for backers of the kickstarter. The retail version will have cheaper components.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Mehuyael posted:

Lagoon: Land of Druids just recently hit the 75,000 USD mark (out of 20k), which unlocked their 9th stretch-goal, which was to turn all the Druid tokens into screen-printed wooden tokens. That's 40 wooden tokens in all (5 per circle, with 8 circles). The choice to add more circles even though the game is up to 4 players might be kind of odd, but I personally like it. It reminds me of how in Monopoly I'd always be able to choose from all the different tokens since we were never crazy enough to play it with more than 4 players.

I think the guy mentioned something about the new symbols maybe shaping the world and expansions. It could be just PR hype talk, but I know games like BattleCON have used backer created characters throughout other games. The wooden pieces were enough to get me to Kickstart the game, since otherwise there was no reason to not wait for retail. I'm glad, since I like the project and the game seems cool and unique.

I also get the feeling the wallpapers are just "placeholder" stretch goals until he figures out how much a better bag or wooden seed tokens would cost.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

I also get the feeling the wallpapers are just "placeholder" stretch goals until he figures out how much a better bag or wooden seed tokens would cost.

Yeah, that's what I figured as well. Maybe he's also banking on getting maybe 2-3 more stretch goals and he couldn't think of anything other than the bag and seeds.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Stencilis posted some new stencils on their page. Looks a bit more appealing now. I particularly like the heraldic ones.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh god I want all of these...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1303699463/character-meeples

There is a void in my life. I didn't know it existed before now, but only a luchador meeple can make me complete.

e: Also, if you backed TimeWatch and cared about Cockroaches vs. Dinosaurs, the Cockroaches - the Ezeru, that is - won by $85.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 23, 2014

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Jedit posted:

Actually tarot decks do often have nudity in. If it had been after the Ryder-Waite Tarot, for example, it would have nudity on The Lovers, The Devil and The World. But it's not on cards where nudity traditionally features. It's on cards including the Eight of Swords that doesn't even have a person on it in any real tarot deck, and the worst example of T&A is on loving Temperance - literally the card of moderate behaviour. That's why the justification is bullshit, and why I'm pissed off by it.
The Eight of Swords almost always features a person -- usually a heavily-robed and blindfolded woman.

I took a look at the print-and-play cards for Stones of Fate, and there's just something about the artwork that doesn't appeal -- the faces and proportions, I guess. The overly badonkadonk'd Eight of Swords is the least of the deck's problems. What's really odd is there are more figures in the deck that are clearly naked, including the Lovers and the Sun, not called out on their "let's keep this family-friendly" image. It's just an odd project.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

dwarf74 posted:

Oh god I want all of these...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1303699463/character-meeples

There is a void in my life. I didn't know it existed before now, but only a luchador meeple can make me complete.

e: Also, if you backed TimeWatch and cared about Cockroaches vs. Dinosaurs, the Cockroaches - the Ezeru, that is - won by $85.

Oh my god. This is the most adorable thing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This guy has some interesting ideas for paint stations that are a bit like the HobbyZone one people are fond of, except in multiple modular pieces. The holes are custom fit to the paints you want, rather than cutting all of them to the largest size and hoping your Vallejo bottles don't fall over a lot. He's also thrown in some game boards and terrain as a cheap way to get extra funds, and he's spelled out exactly what each dollar is going towards.

Best of all it's in Australia so I don't have to pay extra shipping charges, and everyone else only has to pay sane Australia Post shipping charges instead of insane USPS charges :colbert:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 25, 2014

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

This guy has some interesting ideas for paint stations that are a bit like the HobbyZone one people are fond of, except in multiple modular pieces. The holes are custom fit to the paints you want, rather than cutting all of them to the largest size and hoping your Vallejo bottles don't fall over a lot. He's also thrown in some game boards and terrain as a cheap way to get extra funds, and he's spelled out exactly what each dollar is going towards.

Best of all it's in Australia so I don't have to pay extra shipping charges, and everyone else only has to pay sane Australia Post shipping charges instead of insane USPS charges :colbert:

Back2Base-ix already offers products like this in Australia (and at 50% off until the 28th), but this guy does present some different designs and some better future options. More people doing this here are certainly welcome, especially if they're willing to make templates and tokens and such. I hope he does well.

I'm currently whipping up some designs to see how much the recently started Laser Touch would charge to cut them. It'd be great if these designs, which are much the same as those found at places like Advanced Deployment and Broken Egg Games (both have given me awful experiences), were available to us locally.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Didn't know either of these existed, thanks, I'll have to keep them in mind. I'm definitely in favour of more local options.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
So, a few of the Kickstarters I am watching and/or pledged to are gonna be over with soon (5-6 days, roughly). Check these out:

Scarlet Heroes, the OSR game by Sine Nomine, is written to make play with existing old school modules and new old school other stuff a snap when you only have one player to go with your one GM. Check it out if this has any interest for you at all. It is more or less done already, before the project has finished funding. If you back high enough, you get a preview of Silent Legions, the author's take on supernatural-ish horror using the same methods he has used to make lots of successful stuff that is useful to many people even outside the OSR.

Dangers Untold has a bit longer but could use help or it won't fund. This is the follow-up/LARP-alternate version of Heroine, which was a previous Kickstarter project.

=======

Cortex Plus Hacker's Guide books are reaching people now, but comments are suggesting that the packaging didn't hold up well, and a lot of dents in the books are being reported.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/arcadia-quest
New CMoN kickstart that already has a ton of money in it, despite no gameplay so far. Looks like it has the Kaosball aesthetic in Chibi form. Might be interested, but I already have Super Dungeon Explore so it would have to play a lot differently to make me care. Could be fun in a backstabbing campaign kind of way.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/counterblast-miniatures-game
Counterblast! Looks pretty decent, a light skirmish tabletop game with a campaign system. I was a part of the bombshell kickstarters in the past, and they run good campaigns that actually deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Migration
Found this one and it seems interesting, but I just can't feel the game myself. Apparently it was released on the Game Crafter before coming to Kickstarter and I have no idea if that's a good or bad thing (though everything seems playtested and planned out which is good)

• Locked thread