Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

taladel posted:

There is both a Modern/Legacy/Vintage thread and a Deckbuilding thread at your disposal!

Oh! Thanks, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I used to like Woo, he was fiddling with izzet decks and it was cool. So I started watching his stream, I honestly don't know how anyone could not dislike the guy after listening to him. I suppose if you can find humor in the worst aspects of people then it might be entertaining,but yea basically the fitness/life coach, smug stuff turned me off really bad. Then I read that most of his brews are simply him taking another deck, usually submitted by one of his fans, tweaking it and claiming it as his own build. That makes about as much sense as me claiming affinity as my own deck because I made a few minor tweaks. Then he got all smug about cards in his brews spiking, and started tweeting about how X card is going to spike because its in his next brew. People who listen to him are not getting good advice about competitive magic. If you just want to see someone who thinks he's awesome at rogue brews and can ignore his personality, then by all means watch away.

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 21, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
This may or may not be true: Twoo once passed me 3 skywatcher adepts in a triple rise team draft and then I got a fourth one from the other side.

He used to be pretty chill (like back in 2010) but I think a lot of the fame in his own fandom really got to his head.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Nice Grizzlebees show and tell opponent.

http://www.twitch.tv/oarsman79

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Does anyone know if Chris Pikula made it into this PT?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
A little late, but I wanted to say I took the mono-u delver shell from pauper delver and ninja delver bear, and put it together alongside some cheap blue stuff I had lying around for a fun superbudget modern deck that does a decent job keeping up with the modern decks at the lunch tables in my college cafeteria. :shobon:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'm on vacation phone posting but has anyone caught up on pro tour tech scuttlebutt? Twitter or QS or whatever?

I'd like to be ahead of any price spikes, frankly.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'd like to be ahead of any price spikes, frankly.
Some guy upthread who owns a bunch of Vengevines was trying to stir up rumors that Vengevine decks are back.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'd love it if Dredgevine were a thing this PT, but I'm not holding my breath.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
With recent controversy about notorious cheaters returning to the game, I was amused to see who was on top of the Round 3 standings.

Granted Trey wasn't ever a Bertoncini, but it's still funny.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
PT Commentary is the usual parade of :ughh:.

No, Resto Angel can't blink Birthing Pod, christ you guys.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

At least they are wearing professional outfits instead of blazing t-shirts.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Isn't Randy there? Why isn't Randy on commentary :ughh:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Sorry you feel that way :( FWIW, I always took his commentary as being very dry at times, which I felt would come off to others as smug or derisive. Even his comments about Spain seem to reflect that, but to each his own. I'm not feeling the 'steals decks' thing any more than before if all you have is some hearsay on it; whenever I've stepped in on a stream of his he is usually brewing up some weirdness like his Storm deck after having lots of fun with a limited variant in Modern Masters draft, or explicitly naming the person who told him about a deck idea.

Hell, Breakfast Burrito was developed here independently of Oops! All Spells and there was confusion over whether someone stole ideas. Same thing happened with Woo's own Living End: he ran into a mirror match when he first played it at a competitive event after testing in secret. This isn't to say it's impossible for Woo to have stolen a deck, only that my own experiences with watching his streams run counter to that. If someone brings definitive proof, that's another story.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Fox of Stone posted:

At least they are wearing professional outfits instead of blazing t-shirts.
Blazer + Tshirt combo has been spotted in the deck tech. Take 20 damage.

quote:

Akash Naidu ‏@naidu_akash 12m

Rashad was right about something my life is flipped turned upside down

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Korak posted:

Blazer + Tshirt combo has been spotted in the deck tech. Take 20 damage.
Players can look like slobs since we are magic players so can't help it, but newscasters should at least look professional.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Bugsy posted:

Nice Grizzlebees show and tell opponent.

http://www.twitch.tv/oarsman79
I had to go to bed before game 2 finished, how'd Joe do? That deck looks sweet and checking in at the megathread on Source there's like 3-4 different directions to go with it. Could Food Chain be a winning thing in 2014? It's a huge gently caress you I don't care you have a True Name Nemesis on the board deck, although apparently a quick Stoneforge Mystic can give it troubles.

edit: Asian team/guy it playing a brew called "Blue Moon." Merfolk shell with Blood Moon mainboard. Isn't a completely original brew, apparently one of the brazilian(?) MTGO grinders came up with it and has a few 3-1 cashes.

edit: Opponent plays Goyf, gets remanded. Blood moon comes down from merfolk guy. Opponent doesn't have any more green. :cheers:

Korak fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 21, 2014

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Omg so many blow outs. Villian finally gets Goyf out with 1 forest. It gets shackled and then the forest gets spreading sea'd. :commissar:

SCOOP.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
Yeah, that game was awesome.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
whats everyone thing of this ur control deck? blood moon, spreading seas, shackles, threads of disloyalty, vapor snag, counters. It looks pretty fun

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I've been looking for a Blood Moon deck to play in Modern. I might try this at our local.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
God I loving hate Blood Moon, and now every sheep at my store is going to copy this poo poo.....:smithicide:

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

jassi007 posted:

whats everyone thing of this ur control deck? blood moon, spreading seas, shackles, threads of disloyalty, vapor snag, counters. It looks pretty fun
It attacks a lot of decks in the format. Blue for counter spells, Blood Moon to make people use basics to do things, which then get spreading sea'd. Interestingly it turns Wild Nacatl-type critters off to a degree. Zoo will still have a few creatures on the board but they're smaller or his deck has some Anger of the Gods for sweeping before putting Blood Moon down.

Uhhh Ochoa being kind of dickish with his lands right now.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Primeval Titan just doing work as a 6/6 trample with Blood Moon turning off the Valakuts. I love how in these formats sometimes a big creature is just enough on its own, since no one is running unconditional removal other than Path.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

quote:

Woochat

Woo has a massive weakness for one-card combo brews. The only time this has worked out well is when the one card is something you can run twelve of - Living End.

EDIT: Moved a bunch of this to the eternal-formats thread. Too many threads.

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 21, 2014

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Is this Tomas Glied dude running foil lands and non-foil creatures/spells? Isn't that a huge no-no?

TEFARI FLASH HOOK, die snapcaster.

Korak fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Feb 21, 2014

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Korak posted:

Is this Tomas Glied dude running foil lands and non-foil creatures/spells? Isn't that a huge no-no?

It can easily lead to a marked cards warning. It's not something I would ever do. Then again, I hate foils.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Korak posted:

Nah, I just saw a foil Nacatl.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
Teferi getting in there.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Oh my god I want to run Teferi in a deck.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Holy cow Glied just got bluffed out of the instant win there, I think.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
You cannot play around the Blood Moon + Spreading Seas + Tefari + Master of Waves deck!

Holy poo poo. Follow every game that he plays please.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
Yeah, this Blue Moon deck looks fun as hell. :frogout: all day long.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I want to play this deck for days

That was loving rad.

Edit: Excuse me is that Goblin Electromancer?!

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 21, 2014

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
omg that blue moon, i must have it. also kai budde playing storm holy poo poo i love this pro tour

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Korak posted:

You cannot play around the Blood Moon + Spreading Seas + Tefari + Master of Waves deck!

Holy poo poo. Follow every game that he plays please.

Is there a list posted for this deck somewhere............................I must build it.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Madmarker posted:

Is there a list posted for this deck somewhere............................I must build it.

It looks like Cryptic, Snapcaster, Threads of Disloyalty, Teferi, Serum Visions, Batterskull, Master of Waves, Anger of the Gods, and BLOOD MOON.

I think I saw a few Spell Snares.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Madmarker posted:

Go ahead and order the visible staples ASAP before you wait for the complete list, because I can guarantee you that the speculator market's sphincter is beginning to quiver even as we speak.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

JerryLee posted:

Go ahead and order the visible staples ASAP before you wait for the complete list, because I can guarantee you that the speculator market's sphincter is beginning to quiver even as we speak.

Well, I already have blood moon, teferi, snapcaster, spreading seas and master of waves....sadly I don't get paid until next friday, so it just isn't in the budget until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

JerryLee posted:

If I would ever actually branch out into the money ditch that is Modern, this is probably the type of deck I would play.

• Locked thread