Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Haha, if you KO the opponent you don't get hurt by poison. Gen 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Hammerite posted:

Haha, if you KO the opponent you don't get hurt by poison. Gen 1

You don't have to recharge Hyper Beam, either!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Geese is this trainer just 6 Koffins/Weezings or something?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh for gently caress's sake Whirlwind

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Whirlwind didn't work. Who knew?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Slate Action posted:

Which means in Gen1 there's no reason not to have a party of Pokemon that all have Hyper Beam.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Strange Matter posted:

Which means in Gen1 there's no reason not to have a party of Pokemon that all have Hyper Beam.
Yes there is, it's physical because it's normal type so Mewtwo with psychic>>>>>>anything with hyper beam

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Slate Action posted:

*got me through the elite 4 pro strat*

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

IronicDongz posted:

Yes there is, it's physical because it's normal type so Mewtwo with psychic>>>>>>anything with hyper beam
Yes, but you can also give Mewtwo Hyper Beam because Mewtwo has stupidly high Attack as well as Special.

Back when I played Red/Blue my Mewtwo's attacks were Psychic/Hyper Beam/Amnesia and another skill that I'm sure I never ever ever used.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Strange Matter posted:

Yes, but you can also give Mewtwo Hyper Beam because Mewtwo has stupidly high Attack as well as Special.

Back when I played Red/Blue my Mewtwo's attacks were Psychic/Hyper Beam/Amnesia and another skill that I'm sure I never ever ever used.

Rest or recover.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Scialen posted:

Hmm are the EXP levels the same for all pokemon?

No, there are multiple EXP models that take anywhere from 600,000 to 1,600,000 experience to reach level 100. Determined by species.

The really dickish ones aren't introduced until third gen though.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Strange Matter posted:

Recover, son. Not that anything's going to touch Mewtwo but having a way to heal ensures the pain train keeps coming.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are there any gifs or videos of the Koga battle?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

IronicDongz posted:

Pokemon Damage Calculator

+6 Mewtwo Psychic vs. Chansey: 314-369 (44.6 - 52.4%) -- 20.2% chance to 2HKO

Remember folks, that's the best case scenario for a Mewtwo opponent, something like a Blastoise or (christ help you) a Venusaur is eating triple their max HP in damage

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Electric Phantasm posted:

I would like to know this as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sartorius posted:

Oh, that makes sense. How boring. I wanted to see Anarchy struggle for a couple days before democracy kicked in.
Safari Zone would have been the one entertaing time to watch Twitch randomly bug out in the middle of the game. It's immediately Democracy'd after 15 minutes, and after people keep fighting back and forth, Anarchy decides to just give up. I stopped watching when I realized that Democracy wasn't going to quit no matter what and eventually Anarchy gave up because even though they were the majority, people wouldn't quit spamming Democracy.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
RBY Mewtwo is quite possibly the most broken thing I've ever seen in any PVP game ever and the sole counter was "pray you can paralyze it or put it to sleep before it goes full Saiyan and one- or two-shots your entire team"

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah, I remember Mewtwo with Amnesia, Psychic, Rest, and Ice Beam requiring half your team being designed specifically to even have a chance to counter it. Mewtwo in Gen 1 was the most retarded unfair thing your opponent could throw out at you.

So of course one of my schoolfriends borrowed a gameboy and gave himself a second one with another copy of the game he had gotten through shady schoolground business :v:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

CraigK posted:

RBY Mewtwo is quite possibly the most broken thing I've ever seen in any PVP game ever and the sole counter was "pray you can paralyze it or put it to sleep before it goes full Saiyan and one- or two-shots your entire team"

Another strategy was to send out Articuno, use Ice Beam/Blizzard and go for the Freeze.

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

CraigK posted:

To be honest I think he should be that strong. He is loving Mewtwo after all. The legendaries that we have currently are a joke, they should all be made stronger to reflect their status. :colbert:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

Quickly, Mirror Move Transform...

Isn't there some sort of ridiculous glitch involving Transform shenanigans in Gen 1? Vaguely recall something along those lines.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

CraigK posted:

If you took the name ♀♀D, the Missingno. glitch would give you level 245 Mewtwo. The first kid to work that out dominated all Pokémon on the playground, because of course nothing stopped you from entering glitched Pokémon in trainer battles.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Isn't there some sort of ridiculous glitch involving Transform shenanigans in Gen 1? Vaguely recall something along those lines.

Trade a Shiny from Gold/Silver to Gen 1, then have a Ditto or Missingno. transform into it to become shiny when traded into gen 2. There was also a way to get whatever you wanted with the Mew glitch by getting a Ditto to transform.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Dutchfool posted:

To be honest I think he should be that strong. He is loving Mewtwo after all. The legendaries that we have currently are a joke, they should all be made stronger to reflect their status. :colbert:

All I know about the later gen PvP is that 1 HP magikarp can sweep entire teams of legendaries with Flail, which is extremely funny to me.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dutchfool posted:

You're right, tiers should be even more divided and casual play without strict rules about what you can use should be even less fun.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Kild fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 21, 2014

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

yeah, i think it turned anything that used it into a ditto

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Isn't there a TM Psychic in Saffron City? From the, uh, Mr. Psychic house?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Bogart posted:

Let me tell you a story :unsmigghh:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bogart posted:

hgahahahahaa

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Bogart posted:

NOT ANYMORE THERE AIN'T

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Bogart posted:

We used it already.

We then decided Headbutt was a better skill.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Bogart posted:

Used it on Drowzee. Successfully!

Overwrote it with Headbutt. Successfully!!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bogart posted:

There was. :allears:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Bogart posted:

Posts like this are the best part of this thread.

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

IronicDongz posted:

You're right, tiers should be even more divided and casual play without strict rules about what you can use should be even less fun.

Just make the stats higher of the already restricted legendaries. They are the most unique ones anayway and could really be buffed in power. Make them as strong as the RYB Mewtwo, a true legendary.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

IronicDongz posted:

Don't hate on tiers man, NU and UU are amazing and incredible and I am endlessly thankful that they exist. They let me use Pokemon I really like, such as Dunsparce and Vileplume and Lickylicky, and not worry about getting my poo poo pushed in (as much).

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, Dorkly is another one of those webcomics that jumped in on the TPP bandwagon. I am amazed that Penny Arcade resisted the temptation for the whole week.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm just saying, not all legendaries should be 'so broken they can only face each other fairly' tier, ala gen 1 mewtwo.

e: wow that is a badly drawn charmander

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I haven't been watching since the second loss to Koga, why in the gently caress do they have four each of Venonats and Nidorans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Dutchfool posted:

Just make the stats higher of the already restricted legendaries. They are the most unique ones anayway and could really be buffed in power. Make them as strong as the RYB Mewtwo, a true legendary.

I have to admit, I kinda miss the Gen 1 and 2 metagaming that could lead to things like teaching an Espeon Surf or going into battle with a team of all level 255 Golduck.

• Locked thread