Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Indolent Bastard posted:

mike do jour
[/b]

Oh that Randy is such a card, using women words. I bet he doesn't even beat his wife like a real man!

Anyone who thinks that being a stupid rear end-eyed fuckmouthed sack of poo poo doesn't pay can find hope in Mike du Jour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Some Guy TT posted:

Comics (February 5th 2007)

La Cucaracha

The joke is that sometimes record labels will flood file-sharing sites with corrupt copies of albums and singles that are anticipated to be high download risks, since turning to piracy is often more about convenience than price. Make it hard enough to get a working copy of a song and people will just spend the 99 cents on itunes instead.

It's not a very funny joke, but it is Accurate and Verifiable Comix.

Pooch Café

I will keep this up until the end of the storyline if I have to.

Ballard Street

Those look like really unwieldy juggling pins. The neck's too short, the head's too big and the belly and skirt practically form a cylinder. They're shaped exactly like a Ballard resident.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RandomFerret posted:

The joke is that sometimes record labels will flood file-sharing sites with corrupt copies of albums and singles that are anticipated to be high download risks, since turning to piracy is often more about convenience than price. Make it hard enough to get a working copy of a song and people will just spend the 99 cents on itunes instead.

It's not a very funny joke, but it is Accurate and Verifiable Comix.

No, the joke is "pop musician's greatest hits collection is zero kb because pop music sucks". You're giving this one too much credit.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

That has to be Marmaduke.

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

GorfZaplen posted:

Heathcliff

That has to be Marmaduke.

Heathcliff seems aware of Marmadukes dark powers since he hasn't punched him in the face yet.
They're probably sympathizing with each-other about being trapped in Newspaper limbo for hundreds of years.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Jesus.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

The way that everybody looks the same in this comic, I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that this is a brand new character and not some bad attempt at a plot twist.

"Captain Crown Jewel." :what:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RandomFerret posted:

I haven't actually heard that happen, though, since the days of... whatever it was that we used before torrents.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Isn't this a repeat? It's dated today, but I swear I've seen it before.

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

So yeah, this is a thing.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I just adore those night skies

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Wrong era for an Olestra joke, sadly.

I'm sorry, I just cannot conceive of any possible joke that could be made about someone as fabulous as Liz Taylor.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

To make this authentically Texan, switch the proportions of chorizo and potatoes.

Fort Knox is about a military Military family.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

I have never once in my life desired to nor had at hand the materials necessary to put on a minstrel show. They just had that poo poo laying around. That's impressive.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Squishy posted:

How did this even happen Grandpa?

A few weeks ago I came home from some job interview. I stepped out of my car right onto a patch of ice. I didn't fall but I did spin and the momentum sent the car keys in my hand flying into the middle of the lawn that had like 2+ feet of snow. I spent a good half hour digging to find them again. I imagine grandpa lost them in a similar way only they came flying out of his mouth into the lawn.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Yep, just 35 bucks. You can lease your soul to "Bob"! Such a deal!

http://www.subgenius.com/scatalog/membership.htm

You know, a few days ago when you suggested that Lindesfarne just stand between the two or whatever, I was going to comment that that would put her either in the aisle or where the priest would be standing. Turns out that's what's actually happening. One or both of us is prescient.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dewgy posted:

No, the joke is "pop musician's greatest hits collection is zero kb because pop music sucks". You're giving this one too much credit.

What is it with nobody in this thread getting my jokes lately? I'm talking to you, Bitchtits.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Little My being banished to deep space for being a dick:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

RandomFerret posted:

What is it with nobody in this thread getting my jokes lately? I'm talking to you, Bitchtits.

It's the Alzheimer's, he'll laugh the third time around.

(Ok, I'm retiring that joke, starting to beat a dead horse.)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

I have never once in my life desired to nor had at hand the materials necessary to put on a minstrel show. They just had that poo poo laying around. That's impressive.

Honestly, what DO you need besides shoe polish (or a burnt cork), a gaudy suit, a banjo, and no sense of shame?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Remembering that this is supposed to be a story about ageism, the artist finally puts a single line on Cindy's face.

Yeah but was that caused by age, or the crushing weight of existential despair? I can never tell with that strip.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RandomFerret posted:

I've been reading Games too much. I can't tell the jokes from the idiots any more. :negative:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

I'm talking to you, Bitchtits.

Jim's Journal

We don't find out who this man was or why he turned around until Season 3.

Johnny Hazard

Yep, called it. Hero's gotta have a love interest, and ain't hardly no other way for 'em to write a woman into the middle of a war zone.

Krazy Kat

:stare: Is anyone else getting an almost Holbrookian vibe of oblivious implications here? I really hope this isn't setting up a new week's theme...

Classic Mandrake

According to Wikipedia: "Lothar is invulnerable to any weapon forged by man, impervious to heat, cold and possesses the stamina of a thousand men. He also cannot be harmed by magic directly (fire bolts, force bolts, spell incantations)." Seems like about the only superpower he doesn't have is flight. (Though it also says he's really only the second strongest man in the world, after Mandrake's chef, Hojo, but as he's Japanese and this story was published in 1941 I'd be extremely surprised if they even exist yet.)

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future

It's unlikely these Crypts will turn out to be anything but the Thermians' less credulous predecessors, but I think I'm starting to hate them anyway.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The Creeps pulls the ol' switcheroo!

No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Krazy Kat

:stare: Is anyone else getting an almost Holbrookian vibe of oblivious implications here? I really hope this isn't setting up a new week's theme...
You're overthinking it. Offica' Pup hates Ignatz Mouse, thus he's allowing Mrs. Quack Quack to beat the crap out of him.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 21, 2014

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

No thanks.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Iron Jonah

He is straight up flying through peoples' homes. I am awestruck.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

I'm curious to see how long you could go without using one of these smileys as your fallback opinion. I don't think you can do it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Iron Jonah

I'm starting to get a feeling on how this story will wrap up. But getting from here to there is going to be glorious.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Iron Jonah

It's like a Pinkerton edit cleaned up for newspapers. :psyduck:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Bitchtits McGee posted:

It's unlikely these Crypts will turn out to be anything but the Thermians' less credulous predecessors, but I think I'm starting to hate them anyway.

When I see Lero, I can't stop seeing this deviantart weirdo...

:razz:

Transmodiar posted:

I'm curious to see how long you could go without using one of these smileys as your fallback opinion. I don't think you can do it.

E: just did!

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 21, 2014

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

WindyMan posted:

I'm starting to get a feeling on how this story will wrap up. But getting from here to there is going to be glorious.

Spider-Man and Triple J struggle to a standstill. They collapse in a sweaty, panting heap in the rubble of the Empire State Building, Spidey on top of Jonas. A panel passes as they stare into one another's masks. Jonas and Peter both reveal their faces, another panel of shocked silence. They start making out. Scene.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Pvt.Scott posted:

Spider-Man and Triple J struggle to a standstill. They collapse in a sweaty, panting heap in the rubble of the Empire State Building, Spidey on top of Jonas. A panel passes as they stare into one another's masks. Jonas and Peter both reveal their faces, another panel of shocked silence. They start making out. Scene.

...you saw it too, then?

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Iron Jonah

Jonah has an impressive grasp of physical constants

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

scarycave posted:

Heathcliff seems aware of Marmadukes dark powers since he hasn't punched him in the face yet.
They're probably sympathizing with each-other about being trapped in Newspaper limbo for hundreds of years.

They used to share a TV show.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Tunicate posted:

Completely forgot about that one.

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Iron Jonah

Am I missing something obvious here? Because as far as I know, the speed of sound is roughly 0.21 miles a second. Is this what the textbox is saying Jonah should check again or what? :confused:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Sharay posted:

Am I missing something obvious here? Because as far as I know, the speed of sound is roughly 0.21 miles a second. Is this what the textbox is saying Jonah should check again or what? :confused:

Jonah is confusing the speed of light (I think) and sound so he's probably going to travel too fast by accident.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He has confused the speed of sound with the speed of light. That is the joke.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

goatface posted:

He has confused the speed of sound with the speed of light. That is the joke.

But since Comics are a purely visual medium and sound is expressed as text that is transmitted by light aren't the to speeds the same in this case?

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Sharay posted:

Peter? Is that you?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Comic New York is probably subjected to so many localised sonic booms that Reed Richards has built special dampening systems into the road surface so that it doesn't even mess people's hair.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Tunicate posted:

The Ruby-Spears Heathcliff lasted two seasons on Saturday Mornings. The first season was called "Heathcliff and Dingbat". It's one of those shows with two different cartoons sharing the same time-slot. In this case, there were four segments in each half-hour: two with Heathcliff, and two with "Dingbat and the Creeps", about a vampire dog and his friends. "Dingbat" was an original creation of the Ruby-Spears studio and had absolutely nothing to do with the comic strip.

For the second season, they got rid of "Dingbat" and replaced it with "Marmaduke". Again, four segments, with two Heathcliffs and two Marmadukes. However, only one "Heathcliff" was new in each show; they would rerun the first season segments for the other slot.

Scatman Crothers sang the theme song for the second season with Marmaduke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNYujwGsetI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
How do you know the numerical value for the speed of light and still confuse it with the speed of sound :psyduck:

Answer: Stan Lee :allears:

• Locked thread