Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The more relevant thing about the 8ADOG thing is...why now? The whole meme began nearly two years ago, and it wasn't even really news then since the dog story was in one of Obama's books, which came out well before he won the election in 2008 (and cartoons about didn't crop up until 2012). It had absolutely no effect on the election since, last I checked, Obama is still president. So why is Stantis and Dope n' Change suddenly eager to remind us that Obama ate dog decades ago? Besides the fact that many of these assholes are at least mild racists and want to make sure people know Obama is a weird foreigner, I got nothing.

I just don't get it. It's an old joke, and it's not relevant to anything in the news right now. It's just real weird to think to yourself "Yeah, this is a good time to bring up the dog thing again." clear out of the blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay

crowfeathers posted:

Allie's dog cartoon is still the best.

tennis ball instead of an apple

I've seen this cartoon a thousand times and I poo poo you not, never once noticed Obama in the lower corner. Like, it startled me when I saw him. I always wanted it framed or on holiday greeting cards, but now it's imperative.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rorus Raz posted:

The more relevant thing about the 8ADOG thing is...why now? The whole meme began nearly two years ago, and it wasn't even really news then since the dog story was in one of Obama's books, which came out well before he won the election in 2008 (and cartoons about didn't crop up until 2012). It had absolutely no effect on the election since, last I checked, Obama is still president. So why is Stantis and Dope n' Change suddenly eager to remind us that Obama ate dog decades ago? Besides the fact that many of these assholes are at least mild racists and want to make sure people know Obama is a weird foreigner, I got nothing.

I just don't get it. It's an old joke, and it's not relevant to anything in the news right now. It's just real weird to think to yourself "Yeah, this is a good time to bring up the dog thing again." clear out of the blue.

It's just another signal that the thinly veiled hatred has become thunderous, proud and open hatred.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'd like to see what the foreign policies of a Republican president would be regarding these situations. :allears:

Replace the "Ukraine" bottle with the atomic symbol and there ya go.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

so ask yourself, is this better or worse than a ramirez arrow cartoon

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

crowfeathers posted:

It's incomplete, where's the republican so my puny brain can pin point the good god-fearing job creating american?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Yeah, Gawker and Buzzfeed are frequently lovely/annoying click-bait, but that criticism rings somewhat hollow coming from Ted "everything is Hitler" Rall.

They probably turned him down for a job or something

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

crowfeathers posted:

What, me worry?

Sovy Kurosei
Oct 9, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

Replace the Muslim stereotype with a 15-25 year old white male and maybe this would actually be a good cartoon.

Have the white guy screaming white supremacy and the victims wear turbans and you get the Wisconsin Sikh temple massacre. :(

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Drone_Fragger posted:

North korea is literally a giant baby rolling around in it's own poo poo and no one wants to go and deal with it because it means they've got to then raise a giant baby and clean up all the poo poo it's been flinging around.

And because China is very, very, very interested in making sure North Korea stays a baby rolling around in its own poo poo. Don't blame this entirely on western apathy when China is directly supporting them.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wait, if this is Obama's Thanksgiving, why is he the only African American around?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Wait, if this is Obama's Thanksgiving, why is he the only African American around?

He is an alien interloper. It is a political comment.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Did you have to ripoff John Callahan, Branco?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

crowfeathers posted:

Dems have monobrows loooool

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

crowfeathers posted:

Did someone from this thread pay the Snafu guy again for another commission?

onecooldana
Jan 29, 2006

BLAH BLAH BLAH
BLAH BLAH BLAH
SEND 'EM A MESSAGE
BLAH BLAH BLAH

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

God I hope not. If we have a "don't touch the poop" policy can we also extend it to "don't PAY the poop"?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Turtlicious posted:

He wasn't invited. He doesn't even know these people. He just ran into a random house and took a selfie for shits and giggles. Little does he realize there's a tragic scene involving dementia and the death of a family pet playing out right behind him.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I thought Happy Obama was edited into the Thanks Dogiving cartoon.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Post 9-11 User posted:

It kinda does look like it, but nope, that's the original. And that is why it is great.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Post 9-11 User posted:

He's from there originally, but has been edited into a number of other cartoons/places. I think it's the face someone used to make an Obama-Katamari avatar, as well.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fulchrum posted:

And because China is very, very, very interested in making sure North Korea stays a baby rolling around in its own poo poo. Don't blame this entirely on western apathy when China is directly supporting them.

Why IS china supporting North Korea? I know that they are, I just don't really get why. What does China gain from helping them stay isolated and starving?

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

crowfeathers posted:

This is stupid all around, but the "silly, meaningless symbols" point doesn't even make any sense. That symbol has a meaning, and it means "Obama" because we as a culture agree that that's what it means. The swastika doesn't inherently mean "Nazi"; if it does, we need to have a talk with the Hindus, Buddhists, and countless ancient civilizations that attach positive connotations to it.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
I asked a few of my favorite cartoonists on twitter today if they'd done anything about the reprehensible gay/religious discrimination bills that the AZ state legislature just passed and sent to our leathery governor, and Pat Bagley just sent me this:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
^^^^ Awesome

My internet is finally working again, so you know what that means. :siren:COMICS DUMP:siren:

Kelley has all the talent of Muir, but is also enough of an old man that ho doesn't do all of the outrageous poo poo that gets Muir attention.

And think of all the people that would be helped if we lowered the minimum wage all the way down to nothing? :downs:

Awww :3:

The impact of Russia and the EU in Ukraine is pretty much identical, right? Sure.

More pre-made metaphors involving Hitler and Kim.

Jesus, I know Bish must be face-blind or something, but how do you gently caress up drawing Hitler? Hitler?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some pretty nice oppositeofreality.png with the global warmingclimate change gag. Thanks for the new name, Luntz.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

crowfeathers posted:

Yes, inflammation of the Obamabot is definitely worrisome.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

killhamster posted:

I asked a few of my favorite cartoonists on twitter today if they'd done anything about the reprehensible gay/religious discrimination bills that the AZ state legislature just passed and sent to our leathery governor, and Pat Bagley just sent me this:

Hell yes, Bagley. You're starting to creep into Priggee territory and I like it.

Speaking of which...

Eh, I've seen worse.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 21, 2014

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Come on, is it really that hard to do a recognizable Putin caricature?

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

crowfeathers posted:

Change the Obama symbol to a cross or American flag and "Voter ID" to "Gun Permit" and presto! instant lovely cartoon about conservatives. But then if he could understand that he wouldn't be the Snafu Guy.

mortal
Oct 12, 2012

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

Just a reminder that Rall literally is a journalist sort of, if you squint real hard

You mean Ted Rall is the best journalist!

I know the Roger Ebert thing was a while ago, but it's the first thing I think of when Rall complains about no one appreciating how great he his.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Hell yes, Bagley. You're starting to creep into Priggee territory and I like it.

Speaking of which...

Eh, I've seen worse.

This is great.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I met an Affordable Care Act Navigator today. She told me more about :bahgawd:care than I ever learned from TV, the Internet, or even radio. Namely, there are no penalties this year, but next year it will be a 1% penalty on income, (or $95, whichever is greater) then 2%, then 2.5% if someone doesn't sign up or isn't covered by their employer. Regardless, if someone makes less than ~$15,000 they get Medicare (that threshold is WAY too low considering how deeply impoverished someone making $14k a year or less is) and those that want to buy health insurance get it at a dollar value less than that percentage of their annual income.

I'm ashamed that the law is such a watered-down giveaway to the most evil private companies in the country, and yet it will still benefit many, many people. It just goes to show that when the television screams bloody murder how "thing good" is "thing bad," you know what it really means.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
The difference between conservatives'

crowfeathers posted:

Dumb loving idiot calling decent people dumb idiots, for opposing common-sense stuff like a flat tax and abolition of public transport. Really shocking stuff.
As usual, they've got to call liberals fat and homely, because they know that it's a dead true stereotype about their own red-blooded base.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

"Weird thickening of eyebrows" seems like an obvious nod toward wormbama. I have no idea what the hell it's supposed to mean otherwise.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Due to lack of internet, I come bringing a double dose of Drybones!

Disastrous climate change ?
No one has suggested linkage with the need to pressure Israel.
Yet.
Get Your Dry Bones Haggadah at: store.drybones.com
Labels: anti-Israel, Climate Change, Global Warming, Israel, Pressure

Mr. Smiley Face is the scariest cartoon character that I draw.
The LSW (Long Suffering Wife) and I are in a panic! We keep joking about how quickly time seems to flash by and suddenly it's no joke. Yikes! We looked at a calendar. A real one. Printed out on paper! There are only 39 days left until April 1st. And April 1st is the latest we can ship so that you'll get yours for the Seder. Tell your friends about the Dry Bones Haggadah. But don't forget to get one yourself first. Supplies, and not only time is limited! store.drybones.com
Labels: anti-Israel, Dry Bones cartoon, Europe, intelligence, Iran, Israel, Palestinians, Pressure, self delusion, smiley face

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

crowfeathers posted:

This is an awful cartoon in every way, except that I can't stop laughing at "Odd hair discoloration caused by extended episodes of having head up rear end." which is the funniest thing I've seen in this thread in awhile.

Fake edit: Hahaha gently caress you Kirschen. Those cartoons are literally "Nobody is hating on Israel right now, which proves they're about to begin hating on Israel!"

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

made of bees posted:

Come on, is it really that hard to do a recognizable Putin caricature?

Maybe the cartoonist just wanted to draw a bear chest instead of a bare chest.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

killhamster posted:

:drat:

Local Hero Indeed

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Kinda surprised nobody beat me to this:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

crowfeathers posted:

The subject looks like a reasonable caricature of a human being, so it's better than 90% of Ramirez' work (the remaining 10% contains only a ship or plane).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Why IS china supporting North Korea? I know that they are, I just don't really get why. What does China gain from helping them stay isolated and starving?

Near as I can tell, a buffer between them and South Korea, a significantly powerful American military ally on the same landmass. China know that openly antagonizing the US would be a bad idea, but really want to keep as many barriers possible between Daeseong-dong and Dandong. So, the best way to achieve both is with a crazy dictator who is psychotically obsessed with openly antagonizing South Korea and the West, who China support on principle but have no control over.

You'll notice that this is exactly the same as the CIA backed anti-communist forces who were complete monsters in South America. The US is not the only country to keep a population in misery out of complete paranoia.

• Locked thread