Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

screen shake is self-explanatory but what does camera effects include?

I made my fencer neon pink. I love games where I can do custom colors :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Picked up the game on lunch today and now I'm counting the hours til I can go home and throw it in my 360. My wife and I made a meal of 2017 back in the day and we're both stupidly excited 2025 is everything IA was not. Now I'm just agonizing over Wing Diver or Fencer!

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Goddess of Victory. Remember, speed is life, and avoid enemy attacks!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

When you try fencer just know that dash-cancelling with the starting shield kind of sucks. The first ion shield I got made it much better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sorry, you're trading screen shake for frames?

I think you're EDFing wrong.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Actually the Japanese is "giant life forms" (巨大生物). They aren't all insects after all; there are spiders in there too.
In the US version the soldier sing along to their own version of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Is it a different tune in Japan ?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Dear god Jamieson Price is the scientist and some soldiers in this game. It's like the dub was made for me :swoon:

Dash cancelling and charging vibro hammers is a ton of fun though it's probably not going to be viable for long. Being an Armored Core is pretty sweet though, Fencer owns.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Dantes posted:

In the US version the soldier sing along to their own version of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Is it a different tune in Japan ?

I recall that being the same in both versions.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Dantes posted:

In Japan, it's the same song but they just think it's the Yodobashi Camera theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4QSu1ZHunw

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Change thread name to "I heard this game has lots of Bugs", tia

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
You can deploy turrets while being mangled by an ant. Sometimes, this results in the turret being placed directly on top of the ant's head, and he becomes your mobile turret.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FuSchnick posted:

You can deploy turrets while being mangled by an ant. Sometimes, this results in the turret being placed directly on top of the ant's head, and he becomes your mobile turret.

The ant can run as fast as it wants, but Insects can not progress faster than science to escape their sweet hat :downs:

EDIT: vvv You are too kind, but I am only saying what reality has shown us all.

On the subject of sweet hats and insanity, I have never played MvM mode in TF2. But I would totally play EDF mode. Though I don't think the TF2 Mercs could cut it in EDF life, they aren't crazy, violent, or :downs: enough.

"I forget Sandvich, can I go back for it?"
"Makin Bacon!"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 21, 2014

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Section Z posted:

The ant can run as fast as it wants, but Insects can not progress faster than science to escape their sweet hat :downs:

This is the best sentence ever. I'd like to nominate this has a new thread title.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
So I'm a bit confused about how difficulty increases between single player and online and how, and if, it affects weapon drop scaling. I've noticed that the difficulty while playing single player is much easier than when playing by yourself in an online room even if you're playing on the same difficulty setting. For instance, I can run through the 'Prevent Landfall' mission on single player hard mode with ease but when I play it as the only person in an online room it becomes a real challenge. The HP seems to increase even further the more people join. It seems like enemies have greatly increased HP when you're playing online regardless of if you're by yourself.

What I'm trying to figure out is does the quality/quantity of weapon drops increase in online mode and does it increase further the more people you have playing in a room to compensate you for the increased difficulty? Because if not, its much more productive to play offline at all times and that seems strange in a game that's so perfect for multiplayer.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Because if not, its much more productive to play offline at all times and that seems strange in a game that's so perfect for multiplayer.
You are overthinking it. Optimization be damned, Always Be Multi.

wonderboy
Aug 15, 2001
What is the secret of your power?

FuSchnick posted:

The Ranger gets a "grenade" weapon that's actually a sticky flame jet.
With decent aim you can stick one of these to a live ant, and it will run around burning itself and all its friends alive; with luck, it will die in a ragdoll of spinning/flaming/flying death :)

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Casnorf posted:

You are overthinking it. Optimization be damned, Always Be Multi.

It just seems like that with 4 people, a good amount of missions are almost impossible regardless of what weapons are brought to the table. I've failed probably about 90% of missions in multi on hard even though everybody has level appropriate weapons. I guess I could drop down to normal but then I'd already have better weapons than anything I'd pick up so it wouldn't be as cool.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Any word on the quality on the PS3 vs 360?

edit: Oh. Only the whole last page.
Ah well. Gotta dust off the 360 to finish Bayonetta soon anyway.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 21, 2014

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Whats the trick with the 3 legged dudes. One stab and you die. Weve dumped thousands of damage into their legs to no effect.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
You know this is a proper EDF game when the vast majority of your deaths have been caused by an idiot civilian deciding he wants to see what happens when he bungs his head down your rocket launcher's barrel.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

general chaos posted:

Spreadsheet isn't really used that much - everyone on the 360 uses the metatag HOWCANYOUMISS.

I don't see the password for the metatag in the op? Added but whoever is managing it, that's usually the easiest thing to do! Then whoever adds it can just log in and accept the FR themselves.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

It just seems like that with 4 people, a good amount of missions are almost impossible regardless of what weapons are brought to the table. I've failed probably about 90% of missions in multi on hard even though everybody has level appropriate weapons. I guess I could drop down to normal but then I'd already have better weapons than anything I'd pick up so it wouldn't be as cool.

In that first mission that introduces the flying Reds, I was playing with 3-4 and we could barely kill one before we were all dead. After a few tries and everyone leaving in frustration, I tried it solo and took it down somewhat easily. I noticed there were only half the enemies but I think their HP was the same. I'd guess numbers increase instead of enemy HP, or maybe it's custom per mission.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Streaming bugsgame online with randoms
http://twitch.tv/gyoruspy

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Gyoru posted:

Streaming bugsgame online with randoms
http://twitch.tv/gyoruspy

I've been trying to join you for the last few minutes. Hate how it lets you attempt to join full games. I guess now I can see when a slot opens up :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Philthy posted:

Whats the trick with the 3 legged dudes. One stab and you die. Weve dumped thousands of damage into their legs to no effect.

Damaging the legs just busts the cannons that are spraying lasers everywhere, after that it's just a matter of dealing enough to take them down. The armored railgun vehicle can do it in two to three shots on normal, any other class is on its own. :v:

They are a pretty big pain, especially if they get right over you and just stomp away.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Knightmare posted:

In that first mission that introduces the flying Reds, I was playing with 3-4 and we could barely kill one before we were all dead. After a few tries and everyone leaving in frustration, I tried it solo and took it down somewhat easily. I noticed there were only half the enemies but I think their HP was the same. I'd guess numbers increase instead of enemy HP, or maybe it's custom per mission.

Thats been a lot of my experience as well except I've noticed enemy HP most definitely increases. I can go from one shotting dudes on single player to it taking 3-5 shots with the same weapon on the same difficulty.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Enemy HP definitely increases, at least in some ways, the more people you have. Which is honestly a good thing I think. If it didn't then a single Wing Diver or Fencer could easily blast through a lot of levels while everyone else still back at the start holding their puds.

Also I heard this last night:

"Don't be stupid and get yourself hurt!"
"Let's hope it goes that well!" :haw:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
if anyone wants to get in on a fresh online lobby message gimea rubdown (XBL)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Bussamove posted:

Damaging the legs just busts the cannons that are spraying lasers everywhere, after that it's just a matter of dealing enough to take them down. The armored railgun vehicle can do it in two to three shots on normal, any other class is on its own. :v:

They are a pretty big pain, especially if they get right over you and just stomp away.

Thanks, took us 5 mins. Easy... Cripes.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Teenage Fansub posted:

Any word on the quality on the PS3 vs 360?

edit: Oh. Only the whole last page.
Ah well. Gotta dust off the 360 to finish Bayonetta soon anyway.

This is totes silly - I have a launch-day PS3 and the disc version of the game, and I haven't ever seen a load time over a minute or 2 unless I'm playing online and someone else has a totally poo poo connection. Then it takes forever to sync up and load.

Both versions are fine, seriously. Get whatever your friends have.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Philthy posted:

If they kill you in one stab you should be collecting more armor! You can take them down with a good sniper rifle and shotgun combo by aiming for the core. It seems just as true in the last game that sniper rifles are the most powerful long distance weapons while shotguns are absurdly powerful short distance. I was able to kill all of them before they got in range of their legs.

A good shotgun can take down the transport ships in like three shots. It's amazing.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Messing around with randoms online for the first time. It's incredibly fun just sitting back and firing my Goliath into the distance and watching bug parts scatter and fly. It's a shame I can't use my Five Card XB, though. That thing's monstrous. Been doing Inferno runs on the second and third stage just to get some boosted firepower.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Just beat the game on Easy, didn't get any sort of special reward. Do you need to play all the missions with a single class?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

rawdog pozfail posted:

Are you ps3 or 360, fucker?

e: just checked spreadsheet, boo. how dare so many of you choose the inferior version.

Had the 360 version pre-ordered up until a month or so ago when I realized that my Live was expiring on the day EDF came out and it doesn't look like I'm getting an Xbox One any time soon, so I might as well save myself the $50. It's been great on the PS3.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Just beat the game on Easy, didn't get any sort of special reward. Do you need to play all the missions with a single class?

Check if you can create rooms online and turn off weapon/armor limits, would you?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Uh how do you fly a helicopter? I can't even find the button to get them off the ground.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hold x for like 5 minutes

vv oh I guess they changed the button? either way, hold that poo poo

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Top Gym Pumper posted:

Uh how do you fly a helicopter? I can't even find the button to get them off the ground.

I did this for a long time too! On PS3 at least you hold L1 for an absurdly long time and you'll finally take off. L2 seems to descend.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Top Gym Pumper posted:

Left trigger did it for me.

Obsurveyor: I don't have XBL Gold. :/

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
One one hand I wish I had given Fencer more of a chance on the import version, and on the other hand I'm kinda glad I didn't because it's like playing the game fresh all over again.

Fencer owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The thing I am learning about this game's online is that everyone sucks.

Look, I can kill a lot of giant ants and poo poo, but I can't run all over the map to revive a bunch of dumbfucks who won't stick together to take down one spot at a time! :mad: I guess I should be grateful - at this rate I'll have all the multiplayer achievements by the end of the weekend - but god drat. Yes, you're a big strong Fencer that knows how to dash cancel. How's that fuckin' workin' out for ya as you lay on the ground a mile away where no one can get to you without running through a hundred bugs?!

Online Tips: Stick Together!