Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
It was totally a punt by Hunt. He miscounted his mana and died to his own pacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

A big flaming stink posted:

And Blue Moon won :getin:

Are you saying Blue Moon won over Green Earth?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

The March Hare posted:

Is he at the pro tour?

Yup, currently in 188'th place (his brother Elliot is in 99th).

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Zoness posted:

Are you saying Blue Moon won over Green Earth?

Olaf would be proud.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ScarletBrother posted:

It was totally a punt by Hunt. He miscounted his mana and died to his own pacts.

A "Hunt punt," if you will.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

AgentSythe posted:

A "Hunt punt," if you will.

Better than a oval office punt.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Korak posted:

No because people hate losing money.

It's already ~$20 off the high and still falling, anybody who bought in at $80 already lost. With it not showing up at all in day 1, there's no reason to think it won't keep crashing. People should be getting out ASAP while it's still $65.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

The March Hare posted:

Is he at the pro tour?

He and his brother both qualified by top 8-ing GP Oakland.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
The price speculation in Modern just seems ridiculous. It seems like card prices skyrocket and crash from week to week. Trying to build decks in the format from scratch must be maddening. Even Standard doesn't fluctuate this badly.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
So many new listings for Tereri on ebay, lol

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...cat=0&_from=R40

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

jhorphear posted:

So many new listings for Tereri on ebay, lol

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...cat=0&_from=R40

Did I miss what deck he's showing up in? Is he just a weak Splinter Twin counter?

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
He's at least a one of in the Blue Moon deck.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
He's so awesome with delay

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

qbert posted:

The price speculation in Modern just seems ridiculous. It seems like card prices skyrocket and crash from week to week. Trying to build decks in the format from scratch must be maddening. Even Standard doesn't fluctuate this badly.

The problem is the small supply of cards. Many of the best cards in modern are from the mirrodin-lorwyn blocks, which had print runs much smaller than more recent sets. Hell, Remand is a ten dollar uncommon. This means its easy for speculators to buy up cards quickly whenever a card debuts in a tournament. There are other cards with hyper-inflated values, like Liliana of the Veil, but those are mostly mythic rares with multi-format appeal. The only way prices will stabilize, in the short term is if they massively reprint staples at a large level. However that will not happen thanks to the secondary market and wizards being gun shy after chronicles. So what they are doing is reprinting a staple or two in each set, to help alleviate the issue. This will slowly help, over time, but it is not going to fix things over night. However, whenever they reprint the fetches (I expect in the next block), it is going to cause a lot of anguish from speculators/collectors, and I expect the price to drop to a respectable 30 dollars for a scalding tarn.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Okay, since there's no goddamn way I'm wading through this or several other threads to find it, could anyone link me to a recent build of MURDERGOATS or whatever the official name is these days?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Jenx posted:

Okay, since there's no goddamn way I'm wading through this or several other threads to find it, could anyone link me to a recent build of MURDERGOATS or whatever the official name is these days?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/murdergoatsdec/

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Ah, thank you very much!

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Jenx posted:

Ah, thank you very much!

Keep in mind it is in bhsman's avatar too. Click the underlined goats to be linked to his build.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Madmarker posted:

Hell, Remand is a ten dollar uncommon.

Remand is at 18-20 now.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

jhorphear posted:

Remand is at 18-20 now.

Might as well just buy a foil one. They're only a few bucks more than that at the moment.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

This PT is a disaster for modern staples prices. Nothing more, nothing less.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

ScarletBrother posted:

He's at least a one of in the Blue Moon deck.

Yeah, a sideboard one-of, if I'm remembering correctly.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

jhorphear posted:

Remand is at 18-20 now.

Lol, jesus christ. Heh, that'll teach me to not double check a price.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Jenx posted:

Beaten to the link, but feel free to ask for advice here or (preferably) in the Brewhaus thread whenver you'd like. :)

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Madmarker posted:

Lol, jesus christ. Heh, that'll teach me to not double check a price.

I played back during ravnica block, and then it was pricey as a $2-$4 uncommon, I had piles of them. Wish I didn't sell my cards :-(

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jhorphear posted:

I played back during ravnica block, and then it was pricey as a $2-$4 uncommon, I had piles of them. Wish I didn't sell my cards :-(

In Ravnica Standard, Remand topped $7.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

This PT is a disaster for modern staples prices. Nothing more, nothing less.

MtGox might as well go full circle to trading Magic cards again. Jesus I want to play Modern to get around the metagame volatility of standard and have stuff that holds value a bit better but Modern ends up being just as volatile, only with prices.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Nehru the Damaja posted:

MtGox might as well go full circle to trading Magic cards again.

At least actual events will proceed price hikes and crashes.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Man, that was just incredibly rude :(

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Teferi is already listing again at $25 on tcgplayer

http://store.tcgplayer.com/magic/product/show?ProductName=teferi+mage&newSearch=false

edit: oops, make that $40

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

jassi007 posted:

I used to like Woo, he was fiddling with izzet decks and it was cool. So I started watching his stream, I honestly don't know how anyone could not dislike the guy after listening to him. I suppose if you can find humor in the worst aspects of people then it might be entertaining,but yea basically the fitness/life coach, smug stuff turned me off really bad. Then I read that most of his brews are simply him taking another deck, usually submitted by one of his fans, tweaking it and claiming it as his own build. That makes about as much sense as me claiming affinity as my own deck because I made a few minor tweaks. Then he got all smug about cards in his brews spiking, and started tweeting about how X card is going to spike because its in his next brew. People who listen to him are not getting good advice about competitive magic. If you just want to see someone who thinks he's awesome at rogue brews and can ignore his personality, then by all means watch away.

Your problem is that you're taking him as seriously as he does.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

jhorphear posted:

Teferi is already listing again at $25 on tcgplayer

http://store.tcgplayer.com/magic/product/show?ProductName=teferi+mage&newSearch=false

edit: oops, make that $40

To think, about 7 hours ago I had a playset all ready to be purchased.

:negative:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

netcat posted:

Man, that was just incredibly rude :(

What was he playing?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
How can I shove Assemble The Legion into MURDERGOATS, I'm so god damned greedy. It's just that one white mana symbol :negative:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Loving Life Partner posted:

How can I shove Assemble The Legion into MURDERGOATS, I'm so god damned greedy. It's just that one white mana symbol :negative:

Prophetic Prism cantrips, filters and sacrifices to Trading post v:shobon:v

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Tharizdun posted:

I forgot that was Standard legal.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Tharizdun posted:

Springleaf Drum is also viable when you're tossing out that many dudes.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Loving Life Partner posted:

Might as well throw brimaz in there as well, murder cat-goats

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
So what exactly is the blue moon deck running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Agentdark posted:

So what exactly is the blue moon deck running