Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Technically Canadians are "Americans" as well. Just saying.

canadians are loyalists to the british crown :911: treasonous swine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

efb

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

kunitz is poo poo

They still give him a medal.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

FrozenVent posted:

It's not like I told you where we keep the Arrows Bomark.

True story the one time I went into Canada was to see the Red Wings beat Toronto and go to a strip club. Best night ever. Edit: Meant to finish this, really though you guys are the nicest.

FrozenVent posted:

REMINDER:

Losers = America.

(America lost, Canada won)

On that note I live in Atlanta where he is supposedly looking to buy a house and the Sandy Springs Police Department are already stopping by his temporary place every few hours... Lurking... Waiting.... Yeah they can't wait to snatch him up.

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 21, 2014

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ChairmanMeow posted:

They still give him a medal.

yeah but it will be a special olympics medal :downs:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Old Story posted:

Pretty quiet in this thread. Hm.

i just killed myself, personally

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

most exercise rob ford has done in years

now i hope canada wins the gold so fatty can die of a heart attack

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

most exercise rob ford has done in years

now i hope canada wins the gold so fatty can die of a heart attack

Yeah nobody cares about the gold. We beat the US, that's really all that matters.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ice Hockey in Aus exists kinda but you're hard pressed to find it though :( I watched some of The Fin V Sweden game and it was cool

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It's good that we let our neighbors to the north have something pointless they can feel good about. Like hockey and curling or Juno Beach. It keeps the suicides down.

I'll still root for you guys in the gold medal game, though. And Finland in the bronze match because they're the ones who finished off the Russians.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Hockey.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

Cthulu Carl posted:

It's good that we let our neighbors to the north have something pointless they can feel good about.

They Grey Cup isn't for a while though.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

My god some one stop him!

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

Toad on a Hat posted:

Nobody's ever said "don't wage a land war in Canada"

besides, we can take you from the Great Lakes Region, Alaska and the entire border. THE OIL FIELDS WILL BE OURS.

I don't know man you guys tried that poo poo already and you lost like, half your troops before you even reached civilization:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Quebec_%281775%29

You didn't just lose to Canada, you lost to French Canada.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

No.44 posted:

I don't know man you guys tried that poo poo already and you lost like, half your troops before you even reached civilization:

There's no Canada like French Canada
It's the best Canada in the land
The other Canada is a bullshit Canada
If you lived here for a bit you'd understand

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

No.44 posted:

True, but is the US worse off for not having French Canada, or is Canada worse off for having French Canada?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dead Like Rev posted:

My god some one stop him!

they're having fun! :3:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Someone edit in a curling rock sliding by.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
America, you have disappointed me.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Croccers posted:

Ice Hockey in Aus exists kinda but you're hard pressed to find it though :( I watched some of The Fin V Sweden game and it was cool

I read on the internet that Sydney Cosby is a douche.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I read on the internet that Sydney Cosby is a douche.

It's lies. He does a ton for the pittsburgh community. Several of my friends (2)have run into him and he was super gracious and patient.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ChairmanMeow posted:

It's lies. He does a ton for the pittsburgh community. Several of my friends (2)have run into him and he was super gracious and patient.

He probably shoved his gold medal so far down their throats that they burst out in gracious syrup tears.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

ChairmanMeow posted:

My friend is from the Pittsburgh area but likes the Redwings and he convinced me that Bing Cosby is a douche. Your "facts," "evidence" and "experience" will never convince me otherwise :colbert:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Something's Gotta Give is a good song though.

New Vegas soundtrack owns.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

NERD

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

NERD

I'm glad that we can put the differences between our fine countries aside to agree on the important things

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

NERD

I'm glad that we can put the differences between our fine countries aside to agree on the important things

All rivals must unite against the blight of the NERD. :canada::911:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I am not a sports man. I don't know much. The last time I thought I knew something was when I asked why everyone was mad at Washington DC Redskins when they're so obviously the Washington state Redskins. I should probably stop typing now.

Isn't hockey all Canada does and isn't Canada winning hockey the default state for the universe? I don't understand why there's all the bitter tears and gloating.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Krinkle posted:

I am not a sports man. I don't know much. The last time I thought I knew something was when I asked why everyone was mad at Washington DC Redskins when they're so obviously the Washington state Redskins. I should probably stop typing now.

Isn't hockey all Canada does and isn't Canada winning hockey the default state for the universe? I don't understand why there's all the bitter tears and gloating.

In the Olympics, The Soviets dominated until their collapse. Canada winning gold in `02 was their first gold in men's hockey in 50 years.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Oh, then good for canada :shobon:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Krinkle posted:

Like I told my dad after Canada won the gold in the women's tournament yesterday: A Canadian's winter activity options are basically hockey, curling, and suicide. They could probably go outside, but you never know when a bear's decided to forgo hibernation and go dumpster diving.

Also, when I talked to him yesterday, he started the conversation by singing 'O Canada'. He was born in Pennsylvania and I don't think he's ever been out of the country, he just loves women's hockey.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

True, but is the US worse off for not having French Canada, or is Canada worse off for having French Canada?

Yeah see who's the loser now :smug:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ya im canadian but i'd be surprised if they won today

Ha Ha!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

What's the post-game protocol for that?

Are non-believers like CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK going to be hunted down, stripped, then maple syruped and feathers? Or poutined and feathered? :ohdear:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

What's the post-game protocol for that?

Are non-believers like CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK going to be hunted down, stripped, then maple syruped and feathers? Or poutined and feathered? :ohdear:

What are you talking about? You don't waste good poutine OR maple syrup like that.

No, only the worst for high treason. We put him in a small room, force him into one of Don Cherry's old suits, and pipe Stephen Harper reading Harper's own book on the history of hockey in until he goes insane.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

has this made its way here yet?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
FLYING BEAR IS ARMED AND READY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm am American, living in America, retired from the US military and I cheer for Canada in the Olympics.

Today was a good day.

• Locked thread