Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I just went to an awesome gathering of awesome like minded people who are cool and I will be doing that more. Cards Against Humanity is a blast, as is Guesstures with the kidlets. Except that Mr.Kitty drank a LOT and I had to pull over like 3 times on the ride home so he could puke his guys out and he got puke on his shoes and all over my car and was puking out the window like 10 feet past the gate (we live in a Government facility, which is as awful as it sounds except that they have American beer) right by security. I love him, like super much but he needs to learn how to make a drink and how not to be an rear end in a top hat when I politely tell him that a full juice glass is too much red berry Ciroc. the "Don't tell me what to do" isn't funny after the first time. I'm camped on the couch about to go to sleep, but I wanted to check in with you lot first. Avvy, glad to see you back and that was a pretty castle. Shannon, I like your horses. Harvey looks nice in purple. Very regal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Losing my pants would freak me the gently caress out because of how much poo poo I carry in my pants.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

poopkitty posted:

I just went to an awesome gathering of awesome like minded people who are cool and I will be doing that more. Cards Against Humanity is a blast,

Gonna be the grump here. It is fun for like a few times, but it gets old really fast.

Also hello thread missed you all. been busy with RL poo poo looking for jobs and school.
I sent my resume into a place yesterday, I typed up a very polite email and sent my resume to it. I had been in touch with their HR from a year back. I couldn't get out to the place because of transportation issues but they were very interested in having me come in and work for them.

So I sent them an email again seeing as they were so nice now that I can get there. The HR lady left apparently so I had to go through their normal jobs email address.

I'm kinda pissed off got a response today that basically felt like they didn't read a loving thing I wrote or included in the email. It was a really bland and generic list of questions to answer (most of which I already answered in my original email and included in my simple 1 page resume.)

So I feel slightly insulted. The place is apparently really good to work at and has a good chance of career advancement though, so despite being jaded by it I think I'll respond.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
dont think i've ever had a job where HR wasn't abysmal

the job i've been at now took a year to get with background checks and medical and blah blah blah and half way into it they terminated it because some customer service job i had ten years ago didnt exist anymore and then the lady doing my application went on vacation for like a month so my stuff was apparently just sitting there not moving through channels

always a nightmare

pixelbaron fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 22, 2014

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

poopkitty posted:

Shannon, I like your horses. Harvey looks nice in purple. Very regal.

Disclaimer. I cannot afford to own horses, I nominally have a share in Harvey for insurance purposes :( I feel for you having a messy drunk SO, since I am the messy drunk SO. Poor bf always ends up cleaning up after me when I spill/break anything spillable or breakable within arms reach. Luckily I'm not a pukey drunk too.

People in HR seem to delight in making things as awkward as possible. Our offices are horrendous.

teenytinymouse fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 22, 2014

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Captain Backslap posted:

Losing my pants would freak me the gently caress out because of how much poo poo I carry in my pants.
why is there poo poo in your pants

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
they're cool

and also useful!

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Anyway, my condolences Crow Jane. It's OK.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Awww, horses :3: :3: :3:

:horse:

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Ruddha posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but I know for a fact that horses are stupider than poo poo and WILL kill themselves if you don't take an absurd amount of precautions and adorn them in the right silly accessories so that they don't scare themselves and fall over dead, and even then at best you can reduce the chances that they will do that, but they're still absolutely going to. Women who are obsessed with horses are just as bad as ones who are obsessed with anything else, but it may be dumber because it's a placeholder for animalistic male sexuality; however, in reality, it doesn't hold up because dominant male sexual energy is incompatible with horse personality and tendencies because, again, they're absolutely going to kill themselves by accident, whereas studs and straight power tops are highly unlikely to catch their reflection in a mirror then break their leg and get eaten by a mountain lioness

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Last night, we hung out at an Internet strangers place. His girlfiend's name was Pixie and the had a cute kitty named Mao.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

hahaha I just read the conversation that linked to. Feminism thread used to be funny.

Pick posted:

Ruddha I love you but you would be very disappointed by having a human baby because they're all the bad things about horses and you can't even sit on them and ride them into the ocean.

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

You can't even sit on a baby and ride it into battle, kicking someones head off

Ruddha posted:

Babies grow up and that's okay, it's like, sometimes a great meal is worth a lot of prep, for example. Horses only get more likely to die from a stupid reason as they get older. Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of ants and died

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Just tried a sample of this stuff http://www.sephora.com/good-genes-treatment-P309308 ridiculously pricey but I can see why. Really great for skin care if you wanna drop that dough

unless you have baby sensitive skin apparently. I don't know if this stuff eats your face until it looks good or something but jesus do it more

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Enfys posted:

hahaha I just read the conversation that linked to. Feminism thread used to be funny.

"Thought of ants and died" was one of those phrases that would occasionally pop into my head for like 2 weeks after that and cause me to cackle like a mental patient.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Corn Thongs posted:

Just tried a sample of this stuff http://www.sephora.com/good-genes-treatment-P309308 ridiculously pricey but I can see why. Really great for skin care if you wanna drop that dough
I'll do what I do with every recommendation, which is to leave the tab open and obsessively debate the options available to me until I forget what it was even about in the first place and go spend the money on something else

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

I'll do what I do with every recommendation, which is to leave the tab open and obsessively debate the options available to me until I forget what it was even about in the first place and go spend the money on something else

a good idea, really

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

just bought 6 pots of nail polish for £8, what have you people done to me
also afternoon drinking + burgers is the best

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Shannonmcn posted:

"Thought of ants and died" was one of those phrases that would occasionally pop into my head for like 2 weeks after that and cause me to cackle like a mental patient.

Anytime I see a horse for the next while, I am going to be thinking, "Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of ants and died" and laughing

It sounds similar to some Alpha-H products, which are much cheaper (well relatively speaking - they're still expensive), especially in the bundles. Using the 2% lactic acid and licorice etc. Glycolic acid and lactic acid are what is used in a lot of spa facials.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Enfys posted:

It sounds similar to some Alpha-H products, which are much cheaper (well relatively speaking - they're still expensive), especially in the bundles.
link me

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

I don't know where you are, so you might be able to find them cheaper somewhere.

Liquid Gold is probably Alpha-H's best product - it has the Glycolic acid in it. It is sort of like giving yourself a facial a couple of times a week.

http://www.beautybay.com/skincare/alphah/g/liquidgold/

(there are a few bundles of products that contain smaller bottles of this if you want to try it which are cheaper, also no idea what this will come out as in your local currency as this is more a European friendly site I think)

Then some of their cleansers and creams have the lactic acid in them (usually under the aging/wrinkle stuff since the lactic acid doesn't actually get rid of wrinkles or make your face smoother since no cream is going to do that, but the 'plumping' effect is just a nicer word for what the lactic acid does)

http://www.beautybay.com/skincare/alphah/liquidgoldantiageingcleanser/

So here's a bundle thing that is pretty much a 'give yourself facials for a couple month' type deal:

http://www.beautybay.com/skincare/alphah/liquidgoldultimateskinperfectorscollection/

They have various bundle type things on various sites. The Liquid Gold is pretty amazing though, and one of the best glycolic acid products I've found. I've read great things about the liquid gold night repair serum stuff too, but I've not yet convinced myself to spend that much on it yet.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Enfys posted:

I don't know where you are, so you might be able to find them cheaper somewhere.

Liquid Gold is probably Alpha-H's best product - it has the Glycolic acid in it. It is sort of like giving yourself a facial a couple of times a week.

http://www.beautybay.com/skincare/alphah/g/liquidgold/

(there are a few bundles of products that contain smaller bottles of this if you want to try it which are cheaper, also no idea what this will come out as in your local currency as this is more a European friendly site I think)

Then some of their cleansers and creams have the lactic acid in them (usually under the aging/wrinkle stuff since the lactic acid doesn't actually get rid of wrinkles or make your face smoother since no cream is going to do that, but the 'plumping' effect is just a nicer word for what the lactic acid does)

http://www.beautybay.com/skincare/alphah/liquidgoldantiageingcleanser/

So here's a bundle thing that is pretty much a 'give yourself facials for a couple month' type deal:

http://www.beautybay.com/skincare/alphah/liquidgoldultimateskinperfectorscollection/

They have various bundle type things on various sites. The Liquid Gold is pretty amazing though, and one of the best glycolic acid products I've found. I've read great things about the liquid gold night repair serum stuff too, but I've not yet convinced myself to spend that much on it yet.

rad, think i might get some once my check gets here

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

vaguely posted:

just bought 6 pots of nail polish for £8, what have you people done to me
also afternoon drinking + burgers is the best

yesss what polishes are they

there's this guy in one of my classes who is really nice and smart but his accent is so thick I can only understand like 10% of what he says which sucks because he likes talking to me but it takes me like ten seconds to parse what he says so there's awkward gaps in conversation :saddowns:

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Shannonmcn posted:

First time I've seen that. Have been laughing nonstop for the last 10min.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Portals posted:

yesss what polishes are they
a bunch of stuff by Sinful Colors
I have no idea if they're considered to be any good but they're so bright and they come off really neatly too, plus they're super duper cheap so there's really no reason not to buy a million of them
I only wanted to get an orange one to go with the green glitter I got a couple weeks back so I could do my nails in the right colours for my sister's wedding, but then I saw they were 3 for 2 and got a bit carried away :shobon:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

vaguely posted:

a bunch of stuff by Sinful Colors
I have no idea if they're considered to be any good but they're so bright and they come off really neatly too, plus they're super duper cheap so there's really no reason not to buy a million of them
I only wanted to get an orange one to go with the green glitter I got a couple weeks back so I could do my nails in the right colours for my sister's wedding, but then I saw they were 3 for 2 and got a bit carried away :shobon:

SC is my absolute favorite cheapo drugstore polish, I have like twenty of them

do you have Thimbleberry by them? it's the most obnoxious red-orange and it's awesome

e: it looks like this

Portals fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 22, 2014

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

ladythread.jpg

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

why is there poo poo in your pants

Where else would it go?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My legs were really sore yesterday and now they are still sore. I don't know why they are sore.

Maybe I am just getting old.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
my husband's badass great-aunt died this morning and he's very sad and i have no clue how to help him. grief is weird.

:(

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Nessa posted:

My legs were really sore yesterday and now they are still sore. I don't know why they are sore.

Maybe I am just getting old.

It might be time to chop them off, sister. That's called menopause.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

my husband's badass great-aunt died this morning and he's very sad and i have no clue how to help him. grief is weird.

Just be there, really. My wife's father, whom she was extremely close with, died suddenly in the first few months of the relationship. Wasn't much I could do than hold her and curl up with her on the bed and couch and floor for a good 3-4 days. Since he's a dude he'll probably not be as interested in cuddling and probably do stupid poo poo like just trying to be a man about it or whatever, which is probably harder to deal with for you.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 22, 2014

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Captain Backslap posted:

It might be time to chop them off, sister. That's called menopause.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what menopause is....

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Portals posted:

SC is my absolute favorite cheapo drugstore polish, I have like twenty of them

do you have Thimbleberry by them? it's the most obnoxious red-orange and it's awesome

e: it looks like this

I considered Thimbleberry but Cloud 9 is the orange I got today, it looks like it'll go better with the green glitter I was gonna pair it with (Call You Later)
I also loving love Bikini, it's the brightest pink you can possibly get
currently wearing Love Nails, and on my ring fingers Out Of This World with a topcoat of Frenzy, looks super boss

PUGGERNAUT posted:

oh no, lots of hugs for PUGGERDUDE :( just be there for him, take care of the day to day stuff so he doesn't have to worry about that on top of everything else, I'm sure he appreciates everything you can do :sympathy:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Nessa posted:

Yeah well... your.... mom...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Shannonmcn posted:

Disclaimer. I cannot afford to own horses, I nominally have a share in Harvey for insurance purposes :( I feel for you having a messy drunk SO, since I am the messy drunk SO. Poor bf always ends up cleaning up after me when I spill/break anything spillable or breakable within arms reach. Luckily I'm not a pukey drunk too.

People in HR seem to delight in making things as awkward as possible. Our offices are horrendous.

My HR person at work asked my why I thought i needed to pull my gun on a ranting hobo with a knife only few feet away from me. Thanks HR for making me question my judgement on how badly getting stabbed by a filthy hobo knife might feel.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LingcodKilla posted:

My HR person at work asked my why I thought i needed to pull my gun on a ranting hobo with a knife only few feet away from me. Thanks HR for making me question my judgement on how badly getting stabbed by a filthy hobo knife might feel.

What

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I work as an armed courier. Said ranting hobo was blocking my only route out of a kiosk. I didn't shoot him because being a ranting hobo with a knife doesn't mean you are a suicidal hobo when you realize a gun is in your chest you had better just walk away.

Turns out the target of his attention was some other dude who had just ran past the kiosk and he was chasing him but ran out of steam and stopped right next to where I was. So just really bad timing all around.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Captain Backslap posted:

Just be there, really. My wife's father, whom she was extremely close with, died suddenly in the first few months of the relationship. Wasn't much I could do than hold her and curl up with her on the bed and couch and floor for a good 3-4 days. Since he's a dude he'll probably not be as interested in cuddling and probably do stupid poo poo like just trying to be a man about it or whatever, which is probably harder to deal with for you.

thanks!!! he's actually v.cool with being openly emotional and loves cuddling more than i do lol. we just chilled together and watched daily show/colbert reruns, it seemed to help a lot

vaguely posted:

oh no, lots of hugs for PUGGERDUDE :( just be there for him, take care of the day to day stuff so he doesn't have to worry about that on top of everything else, I'm sure he appreciates everything you can do :sympathy:

haha PUGGERDUDE i love it

currently making him a crock pot pulled pork feast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nessa posted:

• Locked thread