Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hmm, I'll give that a go. I was only playing for a few minutes before I left this morning, so I wasn't as patient as you... generally need to be with Morrowind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm getting an error message about missing dialog in Ald Redaynia when I try to use Uvirith's Legacy. I have no idea why.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Shoehead posted:

I'm getting an error message about missing dialog in Ald Redaynia when I try to use Uvirith's Legacy. I have no idea why.

It's probably the bug with Taddeus' "On the Rocks" mod where his heathen non-english Morrowind changed the name to Ald Rédaynia. IIRC the solution was go into the CS and change it manually, but I really wish that version would be taken down and a fixed version put up for everyone (of course if it's in MGSO then it isn't going to matter, that'll never be updated).

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Hmm, I'll give that a go. I was only playing for a few minutes before I left this morning, so I wasn't as patient as you... generally need to be with Morrowind.

You *could* be getting background errors, I almost always do. Make sure you have allowyestoall=true in your ini, then when you get the black screen hit "right arrow right arrow enter", that should hit the yes to all and then dump you into the game.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Two questions:

1: Are there any mods that introduce more equipment without being horribly unbalanced/ugly/anime? My past forays into additional content have been a bit hit-and-miss, to put it lightly.

2: If I were to install one of these mods (and the tea mod because gently caress I need to have a full tea service with the mudcrab merchant) would I need to screw around with MGSO at all to make them work?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Two questions:

1: Are there any mods that introduce more equipment without being horribly unbalanced/ugly/anime? My past forays into additional content have been a bit hit-and-miss, to put it lightly.

While not a dedicated equipment mod, Tamriel Rebuilt does have a shitton of new equipment that fits into Morrowind really well.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I've also had weird experiences with LGNPC. I was happy for Morrowind's hordes of generic NPCs to get more flavor, but the execution feels off. I ended up encountering a sterile wood elf in Tel Mora that was obsessed with having babies, so I found her the cure. She then requested that I sleep with her. :gonk:

It solves less of the generic problem and mostly shoots straight towards giving too much information. That kind of scenario doesn't fall in line with the original Morrowind's feel at all.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Sounds more like the Witcher series to me.

Does Tamriel Rebuilt necessitate a new save file being generated? I'm still on my first playthrough, vanilla w/ MGSO so I can run it at 1600x900 cleanly.

Also, after flying myself to Sanctus Shrine, I reallllly wish I was able to run Distant Lands effectively.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Windows 7
i5
GTX 760
Steam version of Morrowind

I've been having a weird issue. Every time I enter a new cell the 'effects' volume seemingly reset itself to max ,even if it's turned all the way down. The slider itself doesn't move but torches are nearly deafening. If i touch any of the volume sliders it goes back to the set volume. I think something similar is happening with 'footsteps' too. I have MSGO installed and working but the Morrowind Code Patch doesn't want to work for me. I don't know if it's related. If I install the Steam Fix and then the code patch I'll crash on opening (morrowind.exe stays on my processes list and I have to restart my computer to get it to actually close). If I do code patch and then the fix it works fine but obvious some/all of code patch stuff is missing.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I installed Morrowind to me C folder, anyway to make MGSO recognize this?

Edit: I'm dumb, never mind.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Rise of House Telvanni has one of the most bullshit fights, I swear. Maybe I'm just underleveled, but I get the feeling that fighting four loving "Advanced" Steam Centurions that reflect all your magic attacks back at you and have a poo poo ton of health is not a fair fight to put in a quest mod designed for a faction of Wizards. The only way it seems you can win this fight is with summons, which of course means you have to be an absolute master of Conjuration and have all the best summon spells, because these Centurions can totally kick a Storm Atronach's rear end.

Also, this mod seems to suffer from the same dialog issue as that Mothership Zeta Crew mod for Fallout 3, in that the vast majority of conversations give you one dialog option with a preset personality for your character, which can be kind of annoying. You only ever get to choose what you say when you make a big choice.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 22, 2014

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Does Tamriel Rebuilt necessitate a new save file being generated?

Probably not, but to make doubly sure, you can use Wyre Mash to update your save to include the TR esm.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So, I have MGSO, does it conflict with a lot of other mods? My game is drat pretty now, anything I should be looking for gameplay wise?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Two questions:

You might like "Complete and Balanced Armors", which is at version 1.3(?). It adds ~5 new lore-friendly, appealing armor sets for each armor class, and then rebalances the vanilla armors so that they all work together. My only beef with the mod is that the author took a pretty brain-dead approach to "balancing" the armors. That is, he used a perfectly linear increase/decrease to various stats as you go up in armor quality, which is really boring when you think about. I would have rather had various armor sets with characteristic strengths and weaknesses, so that somebody might be inclined to stick with a particular outfit rather than replacing it with the numerically and objectively best armor.

Anyway, I write all that to say that I edited the module to have less of a linear progression between armor tiers. But I don't have it available to share with the world, unfortunately.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
How is morrowind rebirth for new content quality and conflicts? That it edits cities worries me a bit as I've already got a pretty sweet residence from the Morrowind Abodes listed in the op below that pretty well decked out...

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

The Protagonist posted:

How is morrowind rebirth for new content quality and conflicts? That it edits cities worries me a bit as I've already got a pretty sweet residence from the Morrowind Abodes listed in the op below that pretty well decked out...

It'll conflict with just about anything that edits mainland Vvardenfell, especially stuff in large towns. I really like the new additions but it really is just more of the same in the same style, like if the events in the game took place ten years later after a few more people had a chance to move in. More houses, more vendors, more people, not a lot more in terms of dungeons or loot or quests that I've found.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

And after a couple of days of tweaking mods, I finally start the game, looking forward to finally getting back in...

...and get a black screen on new game with none of the OP's listed fixes working. That's the Morrowind I know :allears:

Make sure you have steam overlay turned off, that caused black screen for me.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Fargo Fukes posted:

It'll conflict with just about anything that edits mainland Vvardenfell, especially stuff in large towns. I really like the new additions but it really is just more of the same in the same style, like if the events in the game took place ten years later after a few more people had a chance to move in. More houses, more vendors, more people, not a lot more in terms of dungeons or loot or quests that I've found.

Speaking of dungeons, are there any mods that expand on the existing ones? Some make of them, like the tombs, make sense in their size. But I'd like dwemer ruins to be more like the ones in Skyrim, huge and sprawling. Most mods that expand Vvardenfell seem to do so only in the cities and towns.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
None of my alchemy ingredient merchants are restocking at all, even if I wait days :mad:

What funhating mod or balance patch has done this to me? I'm running with MGSO and Morrowind Rebirth and not much else.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You might like "Complete and Balanced Armors", which is at version 1.3(?). It adds ~5 new lore-friendly, appealing armor sets for each armor class, and then rebalances the vanilla armors so that they all work together. My only beef with the mod is that the author took a pretty brain-dead approach to "balancing" the armors. That is, he used a perfectly linear increase/decrease to various stats as you go up in armor quality, which is really boring when you think about. I would have rather had various armor sets with characteristic strengths and weaknesses, so that somebody might be inclined to stick with a particular outfit rather than replacing it with the numerically and objectively best armor.

Anyway, I write all that to say that I edited the module to have less of a linear progression between armor tiers. But I don't have it available to share with the world, unfortunately.

That sounds right up my alley; different weapons are all well and good, but my Barbie needs a bigger closet to work with. I may actually try editing the armor though I hardly know where to start. Guess I can change up the durability and enchant values a bit.

As for TR, I'll be hitting that up with my next character. I wish I could bring along my current dude, but once he picked up Azura's Star and started finding Ascended Sleepers poo poo just went bonkers. Erron went from an unarmored lizard-wizard/monk to a leaping spearman that sucks the life and souls out of anything in front of or below him. Think I'll still use him for Tribunal, though, for canonical reasons. :D

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mortimer posted:

It's probably the bug with Taddeus' "On the Rocks" mod where his heathen non-english Morrowind changed the name to Ald Rédaynia. IIRC the solution was go into the CS and change it manually, but I really wish that version would be taken down and a fixed version put up for everyone (of course if it's in MGSO then it isn't going to matter, that'll never be updated).

You *could* be getting background errors, I almost always do. Make sure you have allowyestoall=true in your ini, then when you get the black screen hit "right arrow right arrow enter", that should hit the yes to all and then dump you into the game.

I don't think Ive that installed. But it could be a similar issue

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Well gently caress. Here I am reinstalling Morrowind for the nth time and I have no loving clue where my original cds are after moving years ago (with the exception of my Xbox GOTY edition, of which I have two) Is there a workaround to run MGSO 3.0 with a no CD patch or am I damned to buy it off Steam for a 5th copy of this game.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Broken Box posted:

Well gently caress. Here I am reinstalling Morrowind for the nth time and I have no loving clue where my original cds are after moving years ago (with the exception of my Xbox GOTY edition, of which I have two) Is there a workaround to run MGSO 3.0 with a no CD patch or am I damned to buy it off Steam for a 5th copy of this game.

If you don't have the cds or own it on steam how are you installing it

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I vaguely remember a mod being posted here that allowed you to convert boots into something wearable for beast races. Anyone got a link or even the name of the mod?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://adul.net/?p=dl_mwmods_aduls_leggings

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I tried that beast races boot mod, but when I checked it through Wrye Mash's mlox function, it spat out an ominous warning message. "This plugin contains evil GMSTs. It is recommended that you clean it with TESTool." Since I don't understand how to fix it, I've shelved it for now.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Shoehead posted:

I don't think Ive that installed. But it could be a similar issue

If you have the graphics overhaul installed, I can confirm that it's the OTR Bitter Coast Variety ESP that causes Ald Redaynia issues.

Mizuti posted:

I tried that beast races boot mod, but when I checked it through Wrye Mash's mlox function, it spat out an ominous warning message. "This plugin contains evil GMSTs. It is recommended that you clean it with TESTool." Since I don't understand how to fix it, I've shelved it for now.

Grab TESame from Planet Elder Scrolls (you may have to go through the cached page version), open the ESP in it, and delete any GMST rows. It's pretty quick and easy.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Fargo Fukes posted:

None of my alchemy ingredient merchants are restocking at all, even if I wait days :mad:

What funhating mod or balance patch has done this to me? I'm running with MGSO and Morrowind Rebirth and not much else.

In the thread on the Bethesda forums it was mentioned Morrowind Rebirth did this. Stuporstar gave them her code to switch up restocking so it still actually restocks and is sortof balanced, but I guess they haven't implemented it yet if they plan to.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Thanks!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Moryrie posted:

In the thread on the Bethesda forums it was mentioned Morrowind Rebirth did this. Stuporstar gave them her code to switch up restocking so it still actually restocks and is sortof balanced, but I guess they haven't implemented it yet if they plan to.

Stuporstar if you post that here I will love you forever. Rebirth has so much going for it, but at the cost of sanity :(

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I'm trying to hunt down 'vanilla friendly' texture packs and graphic improvements.

So far I have,

Connary Textures
Better Clothes & More Better Clothes
Better Bodies (not a fan but better clothes requires it)
Westley's Pluginless Head/Hair Replacer
Darknut's Creatures, Weapons, & Armor
StarWarsGuys Detailed Rugs & Tapestries
& Better Dieties

What I like about all these is that they pretty much just increase the resolution of Bethesda's original textures. Thinking of grabbing Canadian Ice's robe pack, but on the fence.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

this worked!!

Mortimer posted:

Stuporstar if you post that here I will love you forever. Rebirth has so much going for it, but at the cost of sanity :(
Rebirth seems like one of those annoying "kitchen sink" mods that kind of came into fashion with Oblivion/Skyrim. I love the enhanced cities, makes me feel like a kid entering Balmora for the first time again. I stumbled across a massive dungeon/ancestral tomb wandering past Pelagiad with no idea what I was getting into or where I was going, and ended up running for my life from a lich with some great loot in hand that I snatched from under his nose. I love it!

But it also has a lot of unnecessary "balance" tweaks that don't make the game more balanced, just less fun, it has this stupid restocking thing, it has awkward tavern sit-down-people floating a foot away from their chairs and getting in my way, it has a bunch of other stuff I don't care about, and I have to have it because apparently these things should be part of the same mod as everything else. What's a modularity?

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 23, 2014

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Rebirth seems like one of those annoying "kitchen sink" mods that kind of came into fashion with Oblivion/Skyrim. I love the enhanced cities, makes me feel like a kid entering Balmora for the first time again. I stumbled across a massive dungeon/ancestral tomb wandering past Pelagiad with no idea what I was getting into or where I was going, and ended up running for my life from a lich with some great loot in hand that I snatched from under his nose. I love it!

But it also has a lot of unnecessary "balance" tweaks that don't make the game more balanced, just less fun, it has this stupid restocking thing, it has awkward tavern sit-down-people floating a foot away from their chairs and getting in my way, it has a bunch of other stuff I don't care about, and I have to have it because apparently these things should be part of the same mod as everything else. What's a modularity?

I really want to use it just for the expanded cities, but what you mentioned plus it conflicting with just about every mod that adds building/modifies the land... bleh

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Moryrie posted:

LGNPC Tel-Uvirith has plenty of 'non-sexy' annoying. Having to cure your tower of blight sucks. Having some idiot walk in and claim this should be his tower sucks more. My least favorite LGNPC module is the one that re-did some Redoran town to be a bunch of Dunmer supremacists, and did absolutely nothing. Else. Just made everyone in that town look like they were trying to top Orvas Dren and the KKK in terms of nasty racism. It didn't add anything to the experience, it didn't elaborate on existing concepts in the area, it just turned this boring little settlement into a racist hellhole.

I hated that poo poo about someone else trying to claim your tower. Total loving bullshit. It was so obvious that Ostar was a hardcore Redoran player and just didn't get the Telvanni, with all that duelling for your honour poo poo. Telvanni don't roll that way. They just straight up murder you if they want your poo poo. I got even more pissed off when I tried to kill that sad little gently caress after I got sick of ignoring him standing in the lower tower, and found out Ostar made the gently caress impossible to kill because he wanted to railroad you into his bullshit. I have my personal edit of LGNPC Tel Uvirith where you can kill that dipshit or tell him to piss off, and Raydrel or whatever gently caress she's called just tries to assassinate you without all the loving chest thumping. Oh, and no one else takes them seriously, because why the gently caress would they? The edit is a total mess though, because I hacked the LGNPC dialogue and quest structure to poo poo and broke half of it, so I'm not going to post it for people to download.

The Colonel posted:

Speaking of Tel Uvirith, I'd heard good things about Uvirith's Legacy, and some of the stuff I'd seen looked cool. But I didn't know just how amazing it is until I found out that there is a quest where you try to come up with a crazy scheme to help your apprentice steal from the tower cook's cookie jar.

The best part is, I started this quest immediately after swearing to Vivec that I would immediately go kill Dagoth Ur.

Ha ha, thanks. Every major release I add more ridiculous poo poo on the side, just for fun. If it gives me a fit of giggles at four in the morning after going 32 hours without sleep, I know I'm on track.

The Colonel posted:

Rise of House Telvanni has one of the most bullshit fights, I swear. Maybe I'm just underleveled, but I get the feeling that fighting four loving "Advanced" Steam Centurions that reflect all your magic attacks back at you and have a poo poo ton of health is not a fair fight to put in a quest mod designed for a faction of Wizards. The only way it seems you can win this fight is with summons, which of course means you have to be an absolute master of Conjuration and have all the best summon spells, because these Centurions can totally kick a Storm Atronach's rear end.

Also, this mod seems to suffer from the same dialog issue as that Mothership Zeta Crew mod for Fallout 3, in that the vast majority of conversations give you one dialog option with a preset personality for your character, which can be kind of annoying. You only ever get to choose what you say when you make a big choice.

I've had someone inform me that a certain easter egg I added to UL is ridiculously tough on any character under level 20, especially for one of those "just for fun" things. So ... if you happen upon a door with a note "Beware the man eating tiger!" on it, beware indeed. I'm not making it easier, because the thought of players getting a nasty, and completely unexpected surprise on something so stupid makes me giggle like Sheogorath.

As for RoHT, I was quite shocked to find a bunch of thugs in full Adamantine armour in the Argonian mission, quite by accident. I didn't mind the overpowered thugs, but dammit I thought Adamantine was supposed to be rare. Why couldn't they be in full steel plate or something more reasonable? RoHT isn't updating anymore though, and I'm not sure if UL's RoHT patch needs to "fix" things like that.

Mortimer posted:

Here's the thread on the TES forums where I posted my sample scripts for restocking containers. http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1469676-relz-morrowind-rebirth/page-2?hl=%20morrowind%20%20rebirth

The easiest thing to do is stick a script like that (rename it) on an empty chest (with a non-carryable light stuffed in it to prevent the empty container additem bug), drop the chest in the same room as the vendor, and make sure the vendor owns the chest. As a quick fix, you don't even need a unique chest for every vendor. The script will execute independently on every instance of the chest in the game. If you want to totally randomize the ingredients from day to day, use the removal script I posted in my second post and have the chest script start it before it executes the rest. It'll then strip its contents every day and replace it with new stuff. If you want the chest to keep the old stuff and just add more stuff every day, delete the part where the removal script is started.

If you want to guarantee basic ingredients are in the vendor's stock, you can add something like this to the script.

code:
If ( GetItemCount ingred_saltrice_01 < 5 )
	AddItem ingred_saltrice_01 6
Endif
This would make sure there's always between 5-10 saltrice in stock every day. Repeat for any other ingredients you want, and adjust the amount to whatever.

The Morrowind Rebirth team seemed on board with making this change, but doing it properly, by individualizing every vendor's restocking script, will take a long time to implement. It looks like they haven't had a new release since I posted my suggestion in their thread, so here's hoping.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

If you have the graphics overhaul installed, I can confirm that it's the OTR Bitter Coast Variety ESP that causes Ald Redaynia issues.

Grab TESame from Planet Elder Scrolls (you may have to go through the cached page version), open the ESP in it, and delete any GMST rows. It's pretty quick and easy.

Brilliant, that's it!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

RE: What the deal TR?

-I'm literally :downs:-

The Protagonist fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 23, 2014

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

RE: What the deal TR?

I've extracted things in the places and order specified, I've run BSAreg and then manually added Archive (in this case 4)=TR_Data.bsa to my .ini file, I've resorted my load order and while the .esm files show up in the list, TR_Date.bsa doesn't and trying to approach the landmass leads to an endless list of missing assets and animations, confirm continuing to run morrowind (it will crash)? And it does.

It sounds like you don't have the BSA set up correctly in your ini. Double check it, there should already be a premade [Archives] spot near the end with Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon registered under it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Yeah no thats exactly what follows it.

Whole thing is:

[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
Archive 2=Flora Glow.bsa
Archive 4=TR_Data.bsa

The very first error I get has to do with meshes/TR/

of which I'm noticing that there are none in the .7z, just book art and sounds

VVVVVVVV:suicide: Everyone knows the fourth thing in a sorted list is obviously four! ZERO ONE TWO FOUR:hurr:

The Protagonist fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 23, 2014

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

The Protagonist posted:

Yeah no thats exactly what follows it.

Whole thing is:

[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
Archive 2=Flora Glow.bsa
Archive 4=TR_Data.bsa

The very first error I get has to do with meshes/TR/

of which I'm noticing that there are none in the .7z, just book art and sounds

Maybe number TR_Data with a "3" instead of a "4?"

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Wasn't there someone on the bethesda forums making a mod to make more quests have a pacifist end?

fakeedit: aha it WAS you stuporstar http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1382206-idea-pacifism-mod/
(and me pre-goon days :3:)

Did you get any progress on it, because otherwise I'm about to start it. Also when are you going to retire from modding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Mortimer posted:

Wasn't there someone on the bethesda forums making a mod to make more quests have a pacifist end?

fakeedit: aha it WAS you stuporstar http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1382206-idea-pacifism-mod/
(and me pre-goon days :3:)

Did you get any progress on it, because otherwise I'm about to start it. Also when are you going to retire from modding

Because I couldn't get the non-lethal combat mechanics working on that mod, I retooled it into a quest alternatives mod, one that adds new options including non-violent solutions to certain quests. I made a thread on the TES forums for it a year ago, which I can't find at the moment, but I still haven't finished it. Only the mage-related factions are done so far. Doing the rest requires me to play through the other great houses with a different character because altering existing quests properly requires having actually experienced them first. It will probably be a long time before I can get back to it, so don't let that stop you from making your own mod.

I've said I've retired in the past, but it's more like I go on long haituses because I keep coming back to it. I'm playing Skyrim at the moment and getting a little annoyed that the alchemy satchel in my player home requires me to manually transfer all my ingredients. The UL table that stores them all at he touch of a single button has spoiled me. I may end up modding that as my first attempt at figuring out Skyrim scripting.

Of course, altering Morrowind as I go has makes playing Skyrim grating at times because I'm not familiar enough with the modding tools to just open it up and change poo poo on the fly. For example, I figured out who the serial killer in Windhelm was right away, and was loving annoyed at being railroaded into implicating the mage and having to watch the real murderer kill another NPC in the marketplace in broad loving daylight and hunt him down before the case was "solved." Also, apparently the unofficial patch "fixes" that quest so you can't pick his pocket for the key to his chest full of evidence, which pissed me off even more because that is the goddamned stupid way round. Being able to solve the case early is a feature not a bug, and what the gently caress is evidence for if not for solving a case BEFORE the killer strikes again. For gently caress's sake, one thing I hate more than being railroaded in a game is stupid loving cocks who think more railroading = betterer.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 23, 2014