Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Splicer posted:

I was genuinely surprised by the lack of "...Friend #1 and Friend #2 have been dating ever since!"

Ew, gross why would he date his sister? Don't you know that knowing someone for a few years and going to school with them makes you literal siblings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I still love that one because either five people are going along with a really dumb joke or five people don't know that TV shows aren't real.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

In my experience the website 'iFunny' has a misleading name.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
A jeep with the roof off.
Reclined in the back seat.
Five people circling.
Can't be seen.

I don't think the logistics add up here.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

The time stamps of the first several comments don't make sense.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I would totally hang out with this kid, assuming he were real. Any 10-year-old who spontaneously starts talking about how he wouldn't want a pet pig because he'd eat it sounds like good company to me.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Why do they always write like this. Why. Do. They. Always. Write. Like. This.

It always reminds me of this video (completely SFW)

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

The text in this is NSFW

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Khazar-khum posted:

Girlfriend: *sputters a bit before getting her stuff and storming off*

I always love it when they use this cliche. I picture someone just randomly going "PPPPPPFFPFFPFFPFPFFPPFFFFFTTTTTTTTT" and then stomping away like Marvin the Martian when he's angry.

no_shit_columbo
Jul 26, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I always love it when they use this cliche. I picture someone just randomly going "PPPPPPFFPFFPFFPFPFFPPFFFFFTTTTTTTTT" and then stomping away like Marvin the Martian when he's angry.

Sputtering must be common-place in their universe. I've never made anyone sputter and I feel like less of a man for it :(

I need some better :iceburn:s

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Crossposted from the schadenfreude thread:

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

NoUU posted:

TL;DR: Ex slept with my BF and I got immediate satisfaction/revenge on them - glorious revenge.

This TLDR doesn't seem to even be for the story that is told above. So the poster is a bisexual man surprised that his partner likes a woman (a woman who is the poster's ex-girlfriend) or its a girl posting about her boyfriend banging her former lesbian lover? Of course, none of that info is important enough to keep in the main story because none of it happened, I guess.

E: Just now saw that they start by saying they are a woman, but the point still stands that the sexuality of all parties seems nebulous even to the person telling the story.

Cursed Lumberjack has a new favorite as of 08:58 on Feb 23, 2014

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
Or the dude is the ex, and BF stands for "best friend."

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

NoUU posted:

The text in this is NSFW

You don't simply rinse away habanero. Also, who keeps a handy stash of cucumbers and habaneros lying around?

Maybe the people in these do?

quote:

Suffering A Bipolar Vortex
Liquor Store | Toronto, ON, Canada | Bizarre, Canada, Wild & Unruly

(I am from California but at visiting some family in Toronto. It’s late December and extremely cold. I’m at a liquor store with my cousin when the customer behind me notices my California ID.)

Customer: “You’re a long way from home! What brings you out here?”

Me: “I’m visiting some family.”

Customer: “What do you think about the weather?”

Me: “It’s actually quite refreshing. It’s nice having a change of scenery but I don’t think I could do this all the time.”

Customer: *huffy* “Well, it’s not like this all the time! It’s only cold for about five months! How dare you assume that, you ignorant American!”

Me: “No, no, no. Of course I know it’s not cold year round. I meant that I personally couldn’t deal with the winter months every year!”

Customer: “You lying b****! You’re just trying to cover your a**! You stupid Americans think we just live in igloos. I know your type!”

Me: “I promise you I don’t think that it’s this cold year round. I’ve come to visit many times in the summer.”

Customer: “Stupid American b****!”

(My cousin and I just walk away while she continues to hurl insults at me.)

quote:

My Unfair Lady
Retail | Pasadena, MD, USA | At The Checkout, Bigotry, Rude & Risque

(I work in an adult-themed shop. A female customer has just walked up to make a purchase.)

Me: “Hello. How are you today?”

Customer: *grumbles*

Me: “Okay… Did you find everything?”

Customer: *grumbles*

(I take this as my hint to stop trying to be helpful and just get this over with as soon as possible.)

Me: “All right. Your total is [price].”

Customer: *handing me money* “You really should be ashamed of yourself, you know.”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “You must not be a proper lady, working in a place like this. Shameful!”

Me: “You mean me working here, trying to make a living and keep my bills down, is shameful compared to you walking in my store to buy smut and hooker clothes, then acting very rude towards me?”

(The customer turns bright red, pays, and leaves.)

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Whenever I read STDH I just always wonder how the gently caress these people supposedly remember such long conversations in such great detail. Do all these fuckers have photographic memory? I mean, I get there's some embellishment even in real stories but I can hardly recall the few sentences I had with the clerk at the gas station or what I had for breakfast. Is it because they were such ~dramatic~ occurrences that they're burned into the tellers mined supposedly?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Tracula posted:

Whenever I read STDH I just always wonder how the gently caress these people supposedly remember such long conversations in such great detail. Do all these fuckers have photographic memory? I mean, I get there's some embellishment even in real stories but I can hardly recall the few sentences I had with the clerk at the gas station or what I had for breakfast. Is it because they were such ~dramatic~ occurrences that they're burned into the tellers mined supposedly?

Probably. You remember the weird things more than the mundane.

no_shit_columbo
Jul 26, 2013

Tracula posted:

I think it's all in the drive home when theyre stewing in what they should have said.

Basically, STDH is all Goerge thinking of Jerk Store

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
Is this STDH?

Cause it feels like STDH when I read it.

Hate Fibration has a new favorite as of 10:21 on Feb 25, 2014

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Hate Fibration posted:

Is this STDH?

Cause it feels like STDH when I read it.

I want it to be STDH.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
At least being on Facebook allows someone to deliver a page of text uninterrupted.

The guy seems a little too much like a walking stereotype but fedora wearers are extremely unself aware.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

Dr_Amazing posted:

At least being on Facebook allows someone to deliver a page of text uninterrupted.

The guy seems a little too much like a walking stereotype but fedora wearers are extremely unself aware.

Yeah, that's why I'm so skeptical. It just seems like it hits every cringe button too perfectly.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"I talked to you at Hot Topic. Remember me? Trenchcoat, fedora?"
"Oh yes, I remember all several thousand of you."

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Whether it was stdh or not I bet she was pump to use the line "this Kitty's got claws". Also, those hashtags are ridiculous.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

no_shit_columbo posted:

I think it's all in the drive home when theyre stewing in what they should have said.

Basically, STDH is all Goerge thinking of Jerk Store

I want a STDH story that just ends with someone saying "Well I had sex with your wife!"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I can believe it, because Nice Guy types are so oblivious to how creepy and unwanted their advances are that the only way to get rid of them is to shut them the gently caress down with extreme goddamn prejudice. If she had deleted her account, he would've tracked her down some other way and asked why he didn't see her on Facebook anymore.

I've known people on both sides of interactions like that, and I had some Nice Guy tendencies myself when I was a dumb 14-year-old, and it really is the only way to get them to go away. I grew up, but sadly, most never learn that the problem is with them and not the poor girl they creeped out, and just write her off as a bitch.

Every time I see one of those friendzone posts I am glad I grew up in an age before Reddit and had good friends to set me straight. What a fuckhead I might have been otherwise.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I can believe it. I had a customer message me "hey ;)" on Facebook once during my GameStop days. It was weird. No idea how he found out my last name.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My first name is pretty unique, so I started going by my much more common middle name due solely to customers looking me up on Facebook. Something about women (and who knows, maybe men too) in customer service trips a weird trigger in some peoples' brains.

But that "Kitty's got claws!" line was terrible. :I

GymnastyThom
Nov 26, 2005
Do you smell something? You know what that reminds me of? That smells like.. vampire shit.
I love how the guy says "you didn't block me or delete your account, so...". The real life version would be like 'well, you walked away from me and stopped talking to me, but you didn't get a restraining order or move, so you must be into me'.

I hope it isn't STDH

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

I can say at least I have had people pull the "you didn't block me or delete your account" type line on me online. I used to be the guild leader/raid leader of the most successful progression raiding guild on our WoW server and of course that dragged a bunch of undesirables to the door, because woman + gaming + authority = either deeply hated and intimidating or irresistable, or both.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

My first name is pretty unique, so I started going by my much more common middle name due solely to customers looking me up on Facebook. Something about women (and who knows, maybe men too) in customer service trips a weird trigger in some peoples' brains.

But that "Kitty's got claws!" line was terrible. :I
A human being of their preferred gender "voluntarily" interacted with them. That's all it takes sometimes, usually because it's so rare.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

It happened posted:

I am so sheltered :downs:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Ratjaculation posted:

I want it to be STDH.

There are a scary number of people named "kitty" who work at Hot Topic.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

xxEightxx posted:

There are a number of scary people named "kitty" who work at Hot Topic.

Fixed for also true.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

And then everyone on Imgur stood up and upvoted.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Let me tell you what Like A Virgin is about.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

DoctorPresident posted:

And then everyone on Imgur stood up and upvoted.

I had a theory in high school that Bohemian Rhapsody was about The Stranger by Camus.

I was an incredibly annoying high schooler.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Not Always Friendly posted:

Talking Total Bolado
Church | Van Nuys, CA, USA | Language & Words, Religion, Travel

(I am one of two female missionaries assigned to a Spanish-speaking parish in the San Fernando Valley. All of the parishioners are very supportive of the local missionaries, not to mention friendly. They’re sort of our family away from home at times. This also means that they tease us at times. My fellow missionary is a native of El Salvador, but later moved to Canada.)

Parishioner: “I don’t believe you’re from El Salvador!”

Missionary: “Of course I am! I have the accent! I make pupusas! I was born in San Salvador!”

Parishioner: “Yeah, well, anyone can say that. Sister [My Name] could probably say she’s from San Salvador!”

(I’m redheaded, freckled and have only recently started speaking Spanish fluently, in part because of my fellow missionary’s efforts.)

Missionary: “Someday, you will believe me that we’re from the same country. Just watch!”

Parishioner: “I don’t believe it.”

(Three weeks go by. One day, the missionary drops her favorite ring down the sink by accident. Since this parishioner is a plumber, she calls to ask for advice on how to get it out.)

Parishioner: “Where do you think it is?”

Missionary: “Well, I turned off the water immediately, so I think it’s still stuck in the—” *he tries to think of the word for the pipe or u-bend or the trap or whatever she means to say* “—in el bolado!”

Parishioner: “YOU ARE FROM EL SALVADOR! I’ll be right over to fix it.”

(As soon as the conversation is finished, I speak up.)

Me: “So, the word for the trap is bolado?”

Missionary: “I said the El Salvadorian word for ‘thingamajig.’ Guess it finally convinced him.”

It's Spanish, not loving "El Salvadorian". And I'm pretty sure that's not what bolado means.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Roro posted:

It's Spanish, not loving "El Salvadorian". And I'm pretty sure that's not what bolado means.

quote:

Bolado - Something you don't know what is called (ese bolado - that thing)

http://www.explore-beautiful-el-salvador.com/el-salvador-language.html

Some localized area can use terms for things they weren't intended to. Look at the British with the cold on a cob and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

It reads a lot like somebody thought that "Did you know the El Salvador word for thingamajig is bolado?" was simply not incredulously conflictastic enough.

• Locked thread