Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Those space Eldar humble what I am gonna post.

I threw up a lovely,shot of this dude in the 40k thread but have some nicer pictures of my wraithknight to show you guys.

This is to go along with my second ed ulthwe army. I was thinking of that little stupid looking Armourcast knight thing to keep with the old look and couldn't bring myself to pay the price for it so I bought a Wraithknight. The kit was actually quite simple to assemble, my biggest trouble was with finding the pieces on the sprue. Was a dream to paint up, this only took me 3 afternoons of shooting poo poo with my housemates and watching Law and Order SVU.

e: looking at the pictures now, that vallejo black is really shiny, even with a few coats of matt varnish.

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
There is no excess amount of sheen on that model, it looks great. Bone hues painted on a black background, old school yellow heads, Ulthwe in general, each of these gives me a warm feeling in my thorax. What doesn't look so hot to me is that the gems lack depth, (hard to achieve on a black background!) and the highlight on the chest plate is wobbly. I'm not a fan of that bit, regardless, and on top of it the line wavers up and down from the horizontal, creating the impression that the piece is warped.

Please, don't look at the left knee. I would rip my hair out after finishing a model to realize that.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Yeah that's all fair criticism. I'm kinda over painting elder at the moment, and my efforts are going to be put into painting a guardian squad, some heavy weapon platforms and after that I might go and do some touch ups on the army . Thanks for the kind words too.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Cross posting from the Terrain thread.

I finally got around to painting up the last of my Zuzzy tree stumps. Decided to make them match the mars theme of my Infinity figures, and also base them so they look like they were planted in concrete rings, probably at the side of a road.

You can also see the first of my Hasslefree Hazmat team, which I totally overpainted. Next time I'm going to do something much simpler and wash-based for the blue.

Really pleased with how the stumps turned out, one of the few things where the finished product perfectly matched how I saw them in my head.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I just saw the LEGO movie and I couldn't stop noticing the mold lines.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

VolatileSky posted:

I maintain if you can make a box, you can make anything
Whenever I've tried to stratchbuild even something simple, I can never get it looking nice and square. Do you build up a chassis or skeleton or similar and then panel the plastic over that, or something different? I can never get the edges to fit smoothly to make it look like a single solid volume.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

VolatileSky posted:

So nearly done the chaos leman russ! I lack the guns for the sponsons and the crystal/ mechanism the main cannon attaches to [can't find anything in the electronics junk drawer], and an engine but that can be made separately as that'll just stick onto the back end. I also have to add a couple hundred rivets... by hand... nearly done!

Size comparison to an OFFICIAL GW RHINO©. The length is nearly identical, I would have extended the chassis if I'd noticed sooner but whatever.

Next up, possibly making dreads but they're not really in the chaos dex so I'm not sure how to go about that.

This is awesome. Please keep postin pics! Do you have a blog?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

VolatileSky posted:

So nearly done the chaos leman russ! I lack the guns for the sponsons and the crystal/ mechanism the main cannon attaches to [can't find anything in the electronics junk drawer], and an engine but that can be made separately as that'll just stick onto the back end. I also have to add a couple hundred rivets... by hand... nearly done!

Size comparison to an OFFICIAL GW RHINO©. The length is nearly identical, I would have extended the chassis if I'd noticed sooner but whatever.

Next up, possibly making dreads but they're not really in the chaos dex so I'm not sure how to go about that.
The plasticard work is impressive, but I can't get over how the backwards chassis looks wrong to me.
That thing is going to have to reverse over every single trench or large ditch it comes across.
One of the (many) issues with the Tiger tank was that the low ground clearance of the front wheels meant that the tank had troubles traversing rough terrain, like for example trying to drive over a ruined wall.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 23, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Yeah, and track issues aside the engine being in the front is super weird to me. You've done such a good job it seems kind of silly that it has a big flat perpendicular SHOOT HERE spot in the front where the engine is. 40k tanks don't make perfect sense in the first place but it just flat out looks wrong to me that way.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

ghetto wormhole posted:

Yeah, and track issues aside the engine being in the front is super weird to me. You've done such a good job it seems kind of silly that it has a big flat perpendicular SHOOT HERE spot in the front where the engine is. 40k tanks don't make perfect sense in the first place but it just flat out looks wrong to me that way.
Pretty sure that the big flat thing at the front is supposed to be the driver's compartment.
Especially since he said

VolatileSky posted:

and an engine but that can be made separately as that'll just stick onto the back end.
That said, having the engine at the front is not as dumb as it might sound. The Israeli Merkava is built that way. Having the engine block up front puts more material between incoming fire and the crew. The Merkava in particular is designed first and foremost to protect its crew as much as possible. Then again, that's not really an issue in 40k where people for the most part are more expendable than their equipment.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Groetgaffel posted:

The plasticard work is impressive, but I can't get over how the backwards chassis looks wrong to me.
That thing is going to have to reverse over every single trench or large ditch it comes across.
One of the (many) issues with the Tiger tank was that the low ground clearance of the front wheels meant that the tank had troubles traversing rough terrain, like for example trying to drive over a ruined wall.

Are you really arguing realism in 40k? :haw:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Doctor Zero posted:

Are you really arguing realism in 40k? :haw:
Nah, I'm just :spergin: about tanks.
Well, that and explaining my reasoning behind why I think the backwards chassis looks wrong.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Few pics of my finished castellax:

I messed up the posing a bit so the feet joints are a little fragile, should be okay for games though. Really fun model to paint, can't wait to get the other two...

Next up on the painting table is my Ad Mech Shadowsword. build's finished aside from a few plasticard cable covers and an etched brass decal sheet i'm waiting on. First model i'll mainly be doing with an airbrush, so should be good practice for the imperial Knight!

VolatileSky
May 5, 2007
i'm gay thx

Deanut Pancer posted:

Whenever I've tried to stratchbuild even something simple, I can never get it looking nice and square. Do you build up a chassis or skeleton or similar and then panel the plastic over that, or something different? I can never get the edges to fit smoothly to make it look like a single solid volume.

First you put together your base shape, whatever it is. For example the tank is the main body, with two separate track sections. Make those as accurate as you can, then add on all your paneling and make them a couple mm larger than your base sections. Then trim off the excess with your knife, after letting it dry overnight. Then sand it with 220 grit and it should be flush and nearly seamless. Making sure the glue goes to the edges over the entire surface, if you have a bit squeeze out, that's what you're wanting, when you trim it off that helps remove any seams. Letting it dry overnight because the plastic is sort and pulls into the blade if you trim it too soon, and having your pieces extend slightly over any edges lets you trim/ sand them down flush, and gives you a bit of a margin for error.

Doctor Zero posted:

This is awesome. Please keep postin pics! Do you have a blog?

Thanks but no I don't, unless you count tumblr where I post all my scattered projects?

ghetto wormhole posted:

The wrongness of it is why I did it, its going to be for my world eaters not imperial army, and I wanted it to be noticeably different profile wise and to somehow show how warped it's become from warp exposure. I thought a reversed hull with an enlarged turret would get the chaos idea across even before red/brass paint and chaos symbols. Though yeah I admit the drivers area was meant to have more of a slope, but getting that sort of multi sided thing to fit onto an angled slope is really difficult.

I actually love tanks and ww2 history though. If we're going to debate over effective 40k tank design, we should probably include how exposed and vulnerable gun sponsons are. Or that the weight of a super heavy tank would make it immobile in muddy conditions, could never cross bridges, and its fuel consumption impractical to maintain functionality. Walkers of any sort are impossible because structurally the metal chicken legs could never support such a load under the strain of walking/running. Not butt hurt but I mean there's just... so much 'wrong' with 40k vehicles that I don't get the problem with doing something just as ridiculous haha.

The Heckler posted:

Few pics of my finished castellax:

Those are pretty sweet! what are those grey pieces off of that your using as generators?

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

cheers! the back thing is this:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Warhammer_40,000_Terrain/POWER-GENERATOR.html

The other bits are mostly street lights from the imperial buildings. I'm going to have to practice OSL as i want them glowing blue, probably just stick a couple of spares on squares of plasticard to work out light direction, intensity etc.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

VolatileSky posted:

I actually love tanks and ww2 history though. If we're going to debate over effective 40k tank design, we should probably include how exposed and vulnerable gun sponsons are. Or that the weight of a super heavy tank would make it immobile in muddy conditions, could never cross bridges, and its fuel consumption impractical to maintain functionality. Walkers of any sort are impossible because structurally the metal chicken legs could never support such a load under the strain of walking/running. Not butt hurt but I mean there's just... so much 'wrong' with 40k vehicles that I don't get the problem with doing something just as ridiculous haha.
As for the gun sponsons; the Leman Russ is basically a shortened British Tank MK-1 with an added turret on the top.
The sponsons in particular are pretty much identical:

The Baneblade and similar superheavies are powered by a reactor, rather than a combustion engine. Of course it would still probably get totally stuck in mud. A Baneblade's not that much bigger than the Maus. Which was a really silly thing, but still.
As for the Sentinel, since that is the only human walker with the aforementioned chicken legs; future space-metal. :colbert:

But yes, you are right, there's plenty of things in 40k that are just outright silly in the real world. Which makes total sense as 40k started out as a parody of everything grimdark.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Groetgaffel posted:

But yes, you are right, there's plenty of things in 40k that are just outright silly in the real world. Which makes total sense as 40k started out as a parody of everything grimdark.

I always liked how, in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, they can build starships that warp across the galaxy but seem to have forgotten what welding is.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Apollodorus posted:

I always liked how, in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, they can build starships that warp across the galaxy but seem to have forgotten what welding is.

My understanding is that they build these things in automated factories left over from before the Dark Age, and they have no idea how to actually BUILD it, they just know that if you feed the plans in here and push this button a tank comes out. Their mechanics are a priesthood who recite the litanies and worship the Machine God and know just enough to keep everything running but not enough to really innovate or improve on what they have.

When new tanks are developed, it's usually because someone found the old data storage with plans of things they had previously lost, not that they actually came up with something new themselves.

That's for the Imperial stuff of course - Eldar make new stuff up all the time and orks can literally weld and hammer together spaceworthy ships because Orks.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Also I like to imagine that Tau stuff is literally made out of plastic, but, like, super-tough space plastic. And assembled off of giant sprues.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Well, some innovation is happening, but it's extremely infrequent and prototypes take centuries to be approved.
For example

Forgeworld posted:

While the sins of innovation and initiative are frowned upon by the Adeptus Mechanicus, new patterns and designs of weapons and armoured vehicles are still created. The Macharius Omega is one such vehicle, created with a single focus, that of the battlefield deployment of the Omega Pattern Plasma Blastgun.
As with pretty much everything in 40k, it depends on who you ask. There are extremely puritan techpriests who would never even consider tinkering with the divine perfection of an STC, and other more free-thinking ones that would happily try to improve stuff and tinker with whatever they can get their metal hands on. Including in some extreme cases xenos tech.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Right, that is the other thing about 40K: it's also intended as a parody of bureaucracy and urban sprawl. The universe is unimaginably vast and humanity is so numerous that losing trillions of people is completely meaningless. Inquisitors will virus-bomb planets full of innocents to remove one dangerous heretic, mundane paperwork takes longer to process than the lifespan of the person submitting it, etc. Meanwhile, war keeps going on at full speed, so by the time it's approved that you can roll out your new anti-Tyranid tank, that war with the Tyranids is already over, and the bugs have adapted to your weaponry in days while you take decades to adapt to theirs.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

The Heckler posted:

Next up on the painting table is my Ad Mech Shadowsword. build's finished aside from a few plasticard cable covers and an etched brass decal sheet i'm waiting on. First model i'll mainly be doing with an airbrush, so should be good practice for the imperial Knight!

I'm not sure if you're aware, but this is Warhammer 40,000. It's supposed to be grim and dark! Amazing work.

And I never saw the skull head on the Castellax before, looks nice.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Crosspost.... the Farseer is mostly done. I realized I have a couple of glaring mistakes after I took the pics (notably on that horizontal sash and the backside of the hanging portion) but I'll take care of those when I base him. Also, when I went to put the varnish on I dropped him and broke the spear in two and chipped the paint. So I'll have to fix the paint there.

I don't think I'm totally happy with him, but... meh.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The green and red on the robes looks incredible, really excellent blending on them. I feel like the white needs shading to make it pop though, especially on the helmet around the rune.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
And the second part of all the nifty blogs I found and checked out.

http://lethemonster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/big-bog-roundup-part-two.html

Edit: I'm trying to build a Tamya tank set and the whole instruction pack is in japanese. :raise:

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 24, 2014

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Boon posted:

Crosspost.... the Farseer is mostly done. I realized I have a couple of glaring mistakes after I took the pics (notably on that horizontal sash and the backside of the hanging portion) but I'll take care of those when I base him. Also, when I went to put the varnish on I dropped him and broke the spear in two and chipped the paint. So I'll have to fix the paint there.

I don't think I'm totally happy with him, but... meh.

I've never seen white base rims before. Looks hot.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lethemonster posted:

And the second part of all the nifty blogs I found and checked out.

http://lethemonster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/big-bog-roundup-part-two.html

Edit: I'm trying to build a Tamya tank set and the whole instruction pack is in japanese. :raise:

These link compilations are really cool. I started having a look at your own tutorials and the part one and part zero links still have placeholder text like "IMAGE OF SPRUE" and such.

Just in case you didn't know :o

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Groetgaffel posted:

Well, some innovation is happening, but it's extremely infrequent and prototypes take centuries to be approved.
For example

As with pretty much everything in 40k, it depends on who you ask. There are extremely puritan techpriests who would never even consider tinkering with the divine perfection of an STC, and other more free-thinking ones that would happily try to improve stuff and tinker with whatever they can get their metal hands on. Including in some extreme cases xenos tech.

This fluff always frustrates me. I get that you can spin the Imperium as a place where no innovation happens and every single fork is a stamped copy of another, but what about renegades, the dark mechanicus, and what not? poo poo, its been 10k years since they fled into the eye of terror. You'd think they would be able to create a few different land raider variants in that period of time.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

BULBASAUR posted:

This fluff always frustrates me. I get that you can spin the Imperium as a place where no innovation happens and every single fork is a stamped copy of another, but what about renegades, the dark mechanicus, and what not? poo poo, its been 10k years since they fled into the eye of terror. You'd think they would be able to create a few different land raider variants in that period of time.

Well, again, it's a parody of stagnation and bureaucracy. It's absurd to say that things don't innovate in TEN THOUSAND YEARS but that's the joke. Or was the joke, anyway, before they sort of forgot it was a parody.

The "serious" answer is that they didn't see any need to make new mundane machines when they had demons to tinker with and bind into death engines and whatnot.

VolatileSky
May 5, 2007
i'm gay thx
Which is relayed to a question I had, for showing that a vehicle is possessed, are there any vehicle hatches where it's more like innards and organic flesh stuff? I have the stock demon face hatches but I always thought having it look more like the internals were showing would be interesting. And I'm lazy and don't want to sculpt it myself.

The weird thing I thought was that back in 2nd and 3rd chaos was a thing regular people in the imperium didn't know about, and entire guard companies would be killed for having fought and thus known about the existence of chaos, along with entire worlds that were tainted. Now its more like yeah we know and hope bad things don't happen. That whole reasoning kind of went out though during the thirteenth black crusade, which I endorse since it sets up more long term stories where attrition is the order of the day.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Hey guys, I get a bit confused when it comes to airbrush set ups. Would this airbrush and compressor combo suit my needs as a beginner, painting vehicles and doing some basic highlighting and shading and stuff on infantry minituares? Also, would I need to add anything else like a moisture trap?

http://www.amcsupplies.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_110_794&products_id=2455

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
The airbrush itself is fine for your needs - the 0.5mm tip on it will produce a wide enough spray pattern to be useful for priming and vehicle painting, and can be used for stuff like zenithal highlighting of infantry models, plus finer highlights with a little finesse/masking.

The compressor is a little on the low pressure side, needs a moisture trap, and will be running all the time you use it because it doesn't have a tank, which will lead to it wearing out sooner than a similarly-specced compressor with a tank would. If you can live with all of that, shop around and see where you can get the best deal for it.

In general, I tend to lean towards buying as good a compressor as you can afford - they break less, have more features, and will make you happier in the long run. The Iwata Smart Jet Plus is a great compressor if you feel the need for a name-brand one, but companies like TCP Global will sell you compressors like this one for a fraction of the price. In general, diaphragm-type compressors like the Smart Jet will be less-prone to failure because they have less moving parts - they compress air via a vibrating membrane rather than an oscillating piston (which breaks down if insufficiently lubricated, etc). They're also more expensive.

The third option is to hit up a welding supply or beverage gas supply house for a 15lb CO2 tank, a homebrew supply for a low pressure CO2 regulator, a home center for a 3/8"-to-3/8" male-male pipe connector, and enjoy near-silent dry gas-fed airbrushing for as long as the tank holds out (which is quite a while), at which point you take it back and get it recharged for a nominal fee. The cost of entry is slightly higher than a cheap compressor, but it does have its fair share of benefits as long as you're willing to do some minimal pipe-fitting. The downside is that I have no idea how much that would run you in Australia - it cost me about $230 a couple years ago in the US, and I'm still on my original tank of CO2.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

stabbington posted:

The third option is to hit up a welding supply or beverage gas supply house for a 15lb CO2 tank, a homebrew supply for a low pressure CO2 regulator, a home center for a 3/8"-to-3/8" male-male pipe connector, and enjoy near-silent dry gas-fed airbrushing for as long as the tank holds out (which is quite a while), at which point you take it back and get it recharged for a nominal fee. The cost of entry is slightly higher than a cheap compressor, but it does have its fair share of benefits as long as you're willing to do some minimal pipe-fitting. The downside is that I have no idea how much that would run you in Australia - it cost me about $230 a couple years ago in the US, and I'm still on my original tank of CO2.

As an Australian homebrewer with my own keg system, I can tell you! :eng101:

The smallest CO2 bottle in the range will set you back $174.90 a year in rent from BOC, and $43.38 per refill. For reference, that tank lasted nearly 5 years before my first refill, supplying two beer taps. A low pressure regulator will set you back $105 from Craftbrewer.com.au (great store), and you'd have to ask bunnings for connector prices as mine goes straight out of the regulator and into an air line.

Owning your own tank is difficult, because most refill places simply won't touch anything that isn't their own tested and certified tank anymore, same as how owning your own LPG tank for the BBQ and getting it refilled at the local service station has vanished in favour of swap-n-go tanks due to training costs/OH&S/insurance/lawyers.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 24, 2014

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

VolatileSky posted:

Which is relayed to a question I had, for showing that a vehicle is possessed, are there any vehicle hatches where it's more like innards and organic flesh stuff? I have the stock demon face hatches but I always thought having it look more like the internals were showing would be interesting. And I'm lazy and don't want to sculpt it myself.

The weird thing I thought was that back in 2nd and 3rd chaos was a thing regular people in the imperium didn't know about, and entire guard companies would be killed for having fought and thus known about the existence of chaos, along with entire worlds that were tainted. Now its more like yeah we know and hope bad things don't happen. That whole reasoning kind of went out though during the thirteenth black crusade, which I endorse since it sets up more long term stories where attrition is the order of the day.

I'm not a fan of the mutated hull look, but I like the idea of a daemon being trapped inside. You could do something like what was done on the decimator model:

It makes it feel like there is something inside trying to get out. Buy yourself some jewelry chain and its a pretty easy conversion. I think the defiler sprue has a few hatches similar to this.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

For you tank discussion people, this may be of interest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25109879

quote:

"The panic started, everyone from 1st and 3rd Companies jumped out of the trench and ran the fastest race of his life, pursued by the merciless tank machine-gun fire which cut down many men as if it were a rabbit-shoot."

So remembered German soldier Wilhelm Speck, of the 84th Reserve Regiment.

Some ran. Some stood and fought. But no-one forgot their first meeting with a tank. A weapon without precedent, which went on to dominate the battlefields of the 20th Century.

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh
Bunch of nice works here.

Here is the last one I painted (a while back, I should get back to it ...)

Throne of Everblight

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
How tall is that figure? It looks amazing. Would make for a kickass Disc mount for 40k. :black101:

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh

WhiteWolf123 posted:

How tall is that figure? It looks amazing. Would make for a kickass Disc mount for 40k. :black101:

The little lady on top is a standard 28mm. All in all it's around 25cm tall, and the base is 12cm. Standard warmachine colossal/battle engine size :)

It's actually two parts and magnetized in the middle for ease of transport. It was done as birthday present to a friend who plays that faction :)

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Cut off the throne portion and it is the best Haruspex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MidnightPhoenix
May 27, 2004
I'm so spinless, you can boss me around online!

BULBASAUR posted:

I always figured that it really depended where you were. The Ultramar system, for example sounds like it's really nice in the fluff (745.M41, aside...) so I can't believe they don't have schools and universities, etc, and generally a more Star Trek's Federationesque society (and the Abnett books seem to imply several Imperium worlds are quite nice). However, those mechanics and engineers and scientists would all be working bottom-up. Remember that the humans lost almost all their technology during Old Night, so even if there are clever people who understand how, say, reactors work, that doesn't help unless they can also implement the advanced metallurgy, containment fields, etc. The Mechanicus has a vaguely decent grasp of how to use the leftover technology, but is only interested in the top, say, 10%, and due to their religious convictions, aren't sharing, or really, even investigating. (Of course (most?) other worlds are Jesus Camp, or Swamp People, or Grapes of Wrath, etc)

It's one of the reasons i'm displeased that autocannons aren't a valid option for Chimera anymore. I love the idea of the squad pooling their recaf rations to get the company mechanic jacked up enough to weld a spare AC into the turret.

• Locked thread