Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sentinel Red posted:

Word. He's at just the right age to pull it off whereas the other names bandied about are just too old (especially Tyres).

Seriously, for those who haven't seen Misfits, go loving watch it!
Gilgun's character Rudy shows up halfway through and he's basically Cass by any other name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Since Gotham is going to be a real thing Fox have announced casting of Penguin, Alfred, Essen and Barbara soon to be Gordon. All I can do is shrug at the casting, nobody seems particularly inspired or interesting.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Essen? That's thinking REALLY long term, especially if she's starting out outranking Jim. I'd have figured you hold that arc off until you get renewed and introduce her as his new partner. I mean, the character's most well known for an adultery storyline and being the second wife as a result of that, and you're starting out with him just engaged to the first one?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
A lot of these shows get ahead of themselves in plotting sometimes which is fine when they live long enough to pay off, but they very rarely do. It seems like most shows that last long are the ones that don't really plan that far ahead.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

Essen? That's thinking REALLY long term, especially if she's starting out outranking Jim. I'd have figured you hold that arc off until you get renewed and introduce her as his new partner. I mean, the character's most well known for an adultery storyline and being the second wife as a result of that, and you're starting out with him just engaged to the first one?

She did first appear in Year One.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

According to Arrow's producers even if the CW doesn't pick up Flash for series they're keeping Grant Gustin's Barry, he'll just move to Starling City.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

muscles like this? posted:

According to Arrow's producers even if the CW doesn't pick up Flash for series they're keeping Grant Gustin's Barry, he'll just move to Starling City.

Arrow's biggest superpower has always been the ability to not feel completely useless and outclassed.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Donal Logue now confirmed as Bullock in Gotham.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

jscolon2.0 posted:

Donal Logue now confirmed as Bullock in Gotham.

That's the first good news I've heard about this show, wow.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Not really surprising given the way comic book tv shows are going but Arrow is officially renewed for another season :toot:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Waterhaul posted:

Not really surprising given the way comic book tv shows are going but Arrow is officially renewed for another season :toot:

Speaking of which has AoS still not been renewed?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Madkal posted:

Speaking of which has AoS still not been renewed?

Not officially but I'd be very surprised if it didn't get a season 2 followed by comments from Loeb and that saying who they've "listened to the fans" and things are going to be a lot better and different next season.

Just like he did on Heroes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Waterhaul posted:

Not officially but I'd be very surprised if it didn't get a season 2 followed by comments from Loeb and that saying who they've "listened to the fans" and things are going to be a lot better and different next season.

Just like he did on Heroes.

To be fair to Loeb(Oh God I hate myself), That was more Tim Kring's disaster than his.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

How am I not surprised that Loeb has a figure of Rulk on his desk?

https://www.facebook.com/AgentsofShield/posts/10102862089252003?stream_ref=1

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I started watching Arrow and I like it. It's not the best TV or whatever, but it's a neat CW show. The acting is all over the place and it's weird to see mainly Batman villains on a Green Arrow show, but then again, he doesn't really have a rogues gallery (except for Merlin and maybe Brick?). I do enjoy trying to catch all the little references to de DC universe though and it's kinda refreshing to see a comic-book show that clearly tries to get more women to watch it (or tried? I'm only at about half of season one, but I don't think the montages of Ollie training are going to stop.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not until the salmon ladder is instrumental in the Arrow escaping a diabolical deathtrap.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
There's like two Batman villains in Arrow, everybody else is in the GA wheelhouse.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

There's like two Batman villains in Arrow, everybody else is in the GA wheelhouse.

Firefly. Ra's. Deathstroke (well, Nightwing villain). Nyssa. Deadshot. Waller, kind of. KGBeast. At least one more that's an upcoming spoiler.

They've dipped pretty deeply into Gotham.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mr. Maltose posted:

Maybe it changes as the season progresses, but so far, besides what Gaz-L said, most of the "costumed" or more comic-y things in the series have more to do with Batman and co. (last episode I saw: "oooh, Blackhawks! neat!", the Bertinellis and Count Vertigo, etc.) I was also surprised at the amount of dudes he kills.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Count Vertigo is totally an Ollie villain. He used to be the closest thing to an arch-nemesis that GA had way back in the day before his death in the 90s. Deathstroke and GA have an established rivalry in the comics, GA also has an established relationship with Deadshot though he's more of a Batman or DC villain in general. Firefly and Ra's and his posse are really the biggest examples of Batman villains in the show. I wouldn't call Waller a Batman villain, either. Not a GA villain, either, but she's not out of place with all the Suicide Squad members showing up.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I wouldn't say Batman villain as more of a general villains. The Suicide Squad guys are general villains, ditto for Royal Flush Gang. The only two Batman "villains/characters" are Ras who hasn't appeared, and Huntress who operates in Gotham.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'd give Firefly to Bats, but most of the baddies are generic DC dudes with ties to Green Arrow.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

Firefly. Ra's. Deathstroke (well, Nightwing villain). Nyssa. Deadshot. Waller, kind of. KGBeast. At least one more that's an upcoming spoiler.

They've dipped pretty deeply into Gotham.

Other than iconics like Joker and Lex, who's who's villain in DC is a bit of a mess anyway. Deathstroke is in theory a Titans villain, and they put him in everything. I can't even remember the last time that Deadshot showed up as a villain in something instead of as an anti-hero in a Suicide Squad team-up book. KGBeast is a bit of a cheat, too, since he's that character in name only. Might as well start thinking about Felicity as a Firestorm character or Professor Ivo as a Superman villain in that case.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Isn't Ivo more generalized JLA? Kind of like Starro?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Isn't Ivo more generalized JLA? Kind of like Starro?

You're right, which actually strengthens my point.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Matt Ryan is Constantine

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

His most recent role that people would know him by is Edward Kenway in AC4: Black Flag.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I was briefly confused why Matty Ice was playing Constantine.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

At least he's a Brit (Welsh, not English).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He looks like a budget Christian Bale.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXUjpHHfTLY
NBC are rebooting Heroes, and they're calling it Heroes Reborn. When will this Onslaught end?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Well... at least this time we won't have to worry about Jeph Loeb?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even finish watching season 3. Did they make a season 4?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Soonmot posted:

I didn't even finish watching season 3. Did they make a season 4?

Yes, and it was a glorious triumph of terrible everything.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Season 4 was the best season besides the first one. loving super-powered Carnies.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
NBC is pretty hosed, aren't they?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

StumblyWumbly posted:

NBC is pretty hosed, aren't they?

I dunno, honestly it's probably perfect timing for it to come back. Super heroes have never been more popular. I think it was genuinely a good show for the first season...if they can get back to it's roots, it might be pretty good.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fuller's still working on Hannibal for NBC, maybe this is a cross thing from that. If they get Fuller on board I'll gladly dive back in.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I honestly wonder if Disney could sue over the name. I doubt they would, but then again, they've sued for stupider things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Mimir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXUjpHHfTLY
NBC are rebooting Heroes, and they're calling it Heroes Reborn. When will this Onslaught end?

Jesus wept :stare:

Opopanax posted:

Fuller's still working on Hannibal for NBC, maybe this is a cross thing from that. If they get Fuller on board I'll gladly dive back in.

Really? I love Fuller but dude couldn't save the last time it had gone completely down the drain.