Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Perhaps I was expecting too much coming in, but this week wasn't really my cup of tea.

Certainly not bad and it did make me chuckle, which is always nice, even though the tone was kind of all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

wielder posted:

Perhaps I was expecting too much coming in, but this week wasn't really my cup of tea.

It did seem to end quicker than the previous episodes.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Today's episode was brought to you by Hiroshi Shimizu, who directed, storyboarded, animation directed, and did some KA. As mentioned earlier it was written by Keiko Nobumoto. The pretty cool character animation in the second half (the cockpit stuff, and a bunch more) was most likely Tadashi Hiramatsu.

Basically, Dandy's all-star staff continues.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This one was weird because it seemed to be two episodes in one. The touching PUP plot seemed like its own episode, but then the wacky Native American aliens seemed like they could've just come from some other episode and the two plots didn't mesh really well to me.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
This episode was definitely on the weaker side, but the end sequence was gold.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I legit started tearing up laughing so hard at missile system controlled by SICK BEATS :slick:

Portland Sucks
Dec 21, 2004
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
right in the feels

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There was so much to love about this episode even if it was not as great as the previous few episodes, I still cannot get over USE THOSE SICK BEATS TO TELEPORT US.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
It's probably because I lost a pet recently, but the first half of this episode made me cry like a little girl. :smith:

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
Welp, this one escalated quickly

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Okay, is it just me or in the beginning of the episode did Meow pop open the Doom Fridge from Toys In the Attic?

edit: looked to the previous page and it looks like no, it's not just me.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 23, 2014

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyY5DRjdTK4

Dub preview for episode 9.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Man, gently caress sad dog episodes.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Silentman0 posted:

Man, gently caress sad dog episodes.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't your fault

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Deeefinitely looks like a Yuasa episode.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Zorak posted:

The director/storyboard artist and the background guy both work extensively with Yuasa. So yeah.

The AD is also heavily responsible for the animation flow in FMA: Milos, so expect some similar artstyle oddities in this one.

Gonna be great.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TwoPair posted:

This one was weird because it seemed to be two episodes in one. The touching PUP plot seemed like its own episode, but then the wacky Native American aliens seemed like they could've just come from some other episode and the two plots didn't mesh really well to me.

The fleas lived on the dog.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC8KbAsl9Ss

30s Toonami preview for episode 9.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Zorak posted:

Watanabe wrote this one too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

aers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC8KbAsl9Ss

30s Toonami preview for episode 9.

It looks like he crash-landed on Kaiba.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

It looks like he crash-landed on Kaiba.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=117119

Ayup.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

swamp izzo posted:

The fleas lived on the dog.

I'm aware of that, I just mean the tone between the two halves of the episode didn't mesh that well because it kind of just shifted from "d'awww dog times" in the first half to "wacky alien antics" in the second half. Either one would've worked fine as its own episode to me, but put together just felt odd.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 24, 2014

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Dandy's flashback to all the ladies he's 'loved' made me realize how much I wish they'd focus a little more on the supporting cast. Stand-alone characters are fine, but here they've got these interesting characters who show up in the opening but haven't got much focus yet, like Scarlet or Honey. In particular the latter has apparently had all this hinting that she's more than she seems but that hasn't really been touched on at all, so I hope it is a little before the end of the cour.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Yeeeeaaaaah, episode 9 seemed like two in one... Whatevs, both were entertaining, no matter how weak the link was. I can't believe they made an episode detailing the fate of the first dog in space! The narrator tearing up really made that one. "But I like to think it was" :allears:

Starting to feel sorry for poor Dr. Gel, too. He's just so darn serious about getting Dandy, and yet the guy's never even heard of him...

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Cover of Space Dandy OST1: Best Hit BBP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tkv42as5w4x5g9/dandyOST1.jpg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

What's up with those square CDs? Is it a sci-fi thing?

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Broniki posted:

I think they're beta tapes. They had one of those in Cowboy Bebop. :v:

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Franz von Dada posted:

I think they're beta tapes. They had one of those in Cowboy Bebop. :v:

It's also what indie bands featuring 90s children are using to sell their music on.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Broniki posted:

We are rapidly approaching an age where this question can be sincere and that depresses me.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I am content our children will never have to know the horror of tangled, jammed, or broken cassettes.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Broniki posted:

Those are clearly "records" also known as "LPs". Kids these days...

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Soulcleaver posted:

Those are clearly "records" also known as "LPs". Kids these days...

No, LPs are Let's Plays. Duh.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Director & Storyboard for the new episode was apparently Eunyoung Choi(Kick-Heart, Kaiba, Kemonozume), and it shows because the new episode was Kaiba as gently caress.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Well, this was certainly :catdrugs: as gently caress.

Portland Sucks
Dec 21, 2004
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Well, this was certainly :catdrugs: as gently caress.

Everything was hilariously normal for looking so much like a massive trip. Loved it.

The preview for next week looks like we'll be getting an actual Bebop Dandy mashup.

Portland Sucks fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 2, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Well that was loving weird.

Can't wait to go to Cat Town next week.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
anyone watch the subbed version and catch what the black-and-white plants were saying? Subtitles were in Japanese on the dub.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Darth Walrus posted:

anyone watch the subbed version and catch what the black-and-white plants were saying? Subtitles were in Japanese on the dub.

"I think it's just about ready."
"Oh boy, I sure do love eating foie gras."

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Oh Professor, you'll bury us all!

I love that cover art, it looks like a still from California Crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Darth Walrus posted:

Were you watching it on Toonami? 'Cause they were in English for me. pandaK already got it, though.

• Locked thread