Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

I'm having trouble starting a new game because there's something wrong with the cart at the beginning. When the game fades in the cart is tumbling all over the place and ends up flying in the air. Sometimes if I try enough times this stops happening, but I still end up with problems, like in this pic where the horse just walked into a rock and got stalled forever.

I'm wondering if this is due to a mod affecting the terrain leading up to Helgen, or if it's something else. I realise I could just use Alternate Start and skip the whole sequence, but I'd rather know what the underlying problem is.

Load Order

Also, is it possible to get a mod to stay in the same place in my load order when I use BOSS? Every time I use BOSS it puts Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp at the end of my load order because it doesn't recognize it yet, and it's a pain to manually push it up to where it's supposed to be every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

I'm trying to delete some trees due to a mod conflict. I load up MO, launch the CK through that, select skyrim.esm, immersive settlements, and bigger trees. I delete the 6 trees and tell it save. Of course CK eats a big bag of dicks and locks up. I then recall reading that someone here had the same issue and they opted to just open CK outside of MO. I do this but now none of the mods I have installed show up for editing. This makes sense based on how MO works. My question is this: how can I make these edits without sullying my *~pure~* skyrim install by manually extracting those mods into my real skyrim/data/ folder?

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

ughhhh posted:

is there a way to disable the 'Best Friend' perk? I love my mudcrab buddy, but it keeps following me into places it shouldn't be in (like the black book)

Just talk to it and tell it to wait, or to travel to a town, or to go home (if you've set a home point). All of them will have it stop following you. For the latter two, even if there's no way for it to get to its destination, it should eventually teleport once it gets stuck.

You might be able to turn it off in the MCM, too, but that may only be for the standalone version.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Broniki posted:

I'm having trouble starting a new game because there's something wrong with the cart at the beginning. When the game fades in the cart is tumbling all over the place and ends up flying in the air. Sometimes if I try enough times this stops happening, but I still end up with problems, like in this pic where the horse just walked into a rock and got stalled forever.

I'm wondering if this is due to a mod affecting the terrain leading up to Helgen, or if it's something else. I realise I could just use Alternate Start and skip the whole sequence, but I'd rather know what the underlying problem is.

Load Order

Also, is it possible to get a mod to stay in the same place in my load order when I use BOSS? Every time I use BOSS it puts Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp at the end of my load order because it doesn't recognize it yet, and it's a pain to manually push it up to where it's supposed to be every time.

I notice that you have those 'locations' mods from Steam Workshop (Lainarlane, Amber Guard etc). Try disabling them and see what happens. I had the same problem before as well. Update all of your mods if you havent done so and also rebuilt your Bashed Patch.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

@Praetorian Mage: You'll definitely want to add all those ThirteenOranges mods to ASIS' exclusions if you haven't already, they get seriously messed up by it in my experience.

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 21, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Broniki posted:

Load Order

If you use MO, you don't need the ecksstra.esp. It's just to make sure the second BSA gets loaded.

As for the intro, I have that problem too, but I thought it was Realistic Animals and Predators causing it. :/

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Question for modders, how do I check if an actor is "knocked down" when they are marked as essential, GetAV("Health") < 0, or is there some state I need to check?

Also, is there an up-to-date exclusion lists for ASIS somewhere? Never used it before and trying it with a new play through along with SkyRe, and had a bunch of issues that I eventually figured out was incompatibility with ASIS. honestly it doesn't seem worth all the problems I'm going to run into unless there's a good updated list of things to ignore.

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 21, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

Question for modders, how do I check if an actor is "knocked down" when they are marked as essential, GetAV("Health") < 0, or is there some state I need to check?
IsBleedingOut()

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Mr. Crow posted:

Also, is there an up-to-date exclusion lists for ASIS somewhere? Never used it before and trying it with a new play through along with SkyRe, and had a bunch of issues that I eventually figured out was incompatibility with ASIS. honestly it doesn't seem worth all the problems I'm going to run into unless there's a good updated list of things to ignore.

For whatever it's worth, here's my current exclusions list.
code:
[ModExclusions]
CMNewCompanions.esm
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
WATER - Get Wet.esp
SkyRe - Enemies.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esp
Occupy Skyrim.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
Requiem.esp
quest_andtherealmsofdaedra.esp
quest_nomercy.esp
quest_pitfighter.esp
quest_pitfighter_dlc01.esp
quest_seaofghosts.esp
quest_sorcery.esp
quest_thebiggertheyare.esp
tos_amber_guard.esp
tos_granitehall.esp
tos_laintardale_hf.esp
tos_oakwood_hf.esp

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Broniki posted:

Load Order

I was having this issue and it was, of all loving things, my .ini files being screwy. I replaced them entirely with Ewi's .ini files from here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51033/ and things seem to be fine now.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 21, 2014

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

If I've done all my modding via MO, I can just delete that when I want to start again, right? There's no need to do a totally fresh Skyrim install for that?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

MooCowlian posted:

If I've done all my modding via MO, I can just delete that when I want to start again, right? There's no need to do a totally fresh Skyrim install for that?

Delete? If by delete you mean "make a new MO profile that defaults to vanilla + no mods" then yes.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Mortimer posted:

Delete? If by delete you mean "make a new MO profile that defaults to vanilla + no mods" then yes.

I dunno, I just meant take the folder I put MO in and get rid of it. I got this error when trying to open MO, and googling turned up nothing. Since I haven't actually played in months and there wasn't really a massive list of obscure mods I wanted to keep or anything, I thought it was probably easier just to restart than bother people with trying to fix it. It was just a question of whether or not I could just delete the old MO folder and start again from scratch or if I should be reinstalling skyrim itself again to avoid any weirdness. I don't really know much about how modding works beyond that I can click a few buttons and get fancier dragons in my game, so I'm just not really sure how deep I need to purge.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Try downloading the new version of MO (1.1.1?) and installing it over it if you haven't already. If you really don't want to use MO (you should!) you can just delete its folder and be back at vanilla, yes.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there anything that makes combat super lethal for me and enemies requiring blocking to negate damage? Something that doesn't turn enemies into damage sponges? How about locational damage too? I wanna shake up Skyrim's gameplay a bit because I'm getting bored with the game.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there anything that makes combat super lethal for me and enemies requiring blocking to negate damage? Something that doesn't turn enemies into damage sponges? How about locational damage too? I wanna shake up Skyrim's gameplay a bit because I'm getting bored with the game.

Deadly Combat does this and it even had an MCM window so you can adjust things more to your liking: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5485/

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Excellent thank you.

Next question, what would be the best way to dynamically add a perk to NPCs (all guards)? Or should I just do it by hand and have the load order compatibility issues?

Edit: seems you cant add perks to NPCs at runtime and have them work, guess that answers that.

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 21, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Agents are GO! posted:

1. Make a Merged Patch.
  2. Download and install Lootification. (Requires Java.)
  3. Open the skyrim\data\SkyProc Patchers\LLI\ folder.
  4. You'll see a couple of XML files in there. For the most part, you'll only want to edit the Custom.xml, but in this specific case, you'll need to edit the main lootification.xml. CTRL-F and search for "Hoth" to find the line that says <mod modName="Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp"> and remove that section (everything until the next </mod> tag) and replace it with that pastebin.
  5. Run LLI.jar (requires Java.)
  6. Enjoy.

Also, Here is bunch of other stuff I've lootified, including Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade, FF7 Blades at the Forge, Keyblades, and Warmonger's Armory. Those ones you'll just want to paste into your custom.xml file.

Agents. Your loving Lootification efforts own so hard. I use Armonizer and Weaponizer, do you think you can do those, too? edit: Actually, I've been thinking about this for a while: Weaponizer's weapon types are likely covered by the stuff CCO-R and Lootification and Dynamic Loot already cover well (as in, they're Lootification-ed (or lootified for short?) and integrated by Dynamic Loot and CCO Remade natively or via patch) and I'm looking into that more closely as I type this, but Armonizer flat-out loving owns and I seriously wish it were supported. Instead, the author declared he was going to re-make it from scratch entirely and then hosed off after implementing only a few sets of boots. That said, Armonizer has a buncha beautiful armor sets, most the Game of Thrones ones and all but they still look great, and the Morrowind Armors in it. Anyone know if I'm somehow missing that these are in a different mod that's more popular?

Armonizer's armor gallery, for reference.

Another follow-up: To answer my own questions about Armonizer, looks like the big bug with it (some items are just not implemented and cause invisible parts on NPCs when wearing them because of it) is fixed with http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27092/ even if you don't do SkyRe. So yay.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 21, 2014

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

I made a some simple edits to Skyrim Bigger Trees so it'd be compatible with Immersive Settlements. Holy poo poo, I have intense respect for those of you who made real mods. gently caress the lovely creation kit forever.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

TheSpookyDanger posted:

Deadly Combat does this and it even had an MCM window so you can adjust things more to your liking: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5485/
It makes armor even more worthless until you smith it up beyond all reason, though. :(

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Agents. Your loving Lootification efforts own so hard. I use Armonizer and Weaponizer, do you think you can do those, too? edit: Actually, I've been thinking about this for a while: Weaponizer's weapon types are likely covered by the stuff CCO-R and Lootification and Dynamic Loot already cover well (as in, they're Lootification-ed (or lootified for short?) and integrated by Dynamic Loot and CCO Remade natively or via patch) and I'm looking into that more closely as I type this, but Armonizer flat-out loving owns and I seriously wish it were supported. Instead, the author declared he was going to re-make it from scratch entirely and then hosed off after implementing only a few sets of boots. That said, Armonizer has a buncha beautiful armor sets, most the Game of Thrones ones and all but they still look great, and the Morrowind Armors in it. Anyone know if I'm somehow missing that these are in a different mod that's more popular?

Armonizer's armor gallery, for reference.

Another follow-up: To answer my own questions about Armonizer, looks like the big bug with it (some items are just not implemented and cause invisible parts on NPCs when wearing them because of it) is fixed with http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27092/ even if you don't do SkyRe. So yay.

I'm pretty sure Armonizer and Weaponizer are already done, if not in the base pack then on a file linked somewhere on the lootification page on nexus. I'm at work or I'd link you up.

I mean, I know they're done, because I have the entries, and I don't recall doing them. :shobon:

Edit: LLI.jar takes loving forever to run with all these enabled. 30 megabyte LLI.esp bitches. :smug:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 22, 2014

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
What's the deal with the irritatingly slow download speeds at Skyrim Nexus? I know it's not my computer/ISP because I just downloaded Skyrim at 2.4 mbs. It's taking me 30 mins to download the 75 mb Unofficial Skyrim patch.

edit: now it's up to 2 hours. What the gently caress. Not going to be playing Skyrim tonight it looks like....

Mustang fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 22, 2014

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Mustang posted:

What's the deal with the irritatingly slow download speeds at Skyrim Nexus? I know it's not my computer/ISP because I just downloaded Skyrim at 2.4 mbs. It's taking me 30 mins to download the 75 mb Unofficial Skyrim patch.

edit: now it's up to 2 hours. What the gently caress. Not going to be playing Skyrim tonight it looks like....

This is just a wild guess, but it might be because the newest version of Equipping Overhaul just came out and everyone is bombarding Nexus to get it and the stuff it requires.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Like clockwork, the servers get hammered at the beginning of every weekend. Saturday morning will not bring you relief: if anything, they will probably take it down for "maintenance" for most of the day. :nexus:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

And it's gonna keep staying that way because Cabal still has to release a ton of retextures.

Here's a preview of his Penitus Oculatus armor

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Another modding question, basically can't get a perk I've stuck on NPCs to work as intended.

More detail here.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alamo Mead

Yes. It is that Alamo.

King of the Hill reference for those unaware.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

TheSpookyDanger posted:

This is perfect. Thanks dude.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Mr. Crow posted:

Another modding question, basically can't get a perk I've stuck on NPCs to work as intended.

More detail here.

You cannot give NPCs a perk on the fly. If they don't have the perk in the editor, they'll never have it no matter what you do. If you're adding the perk in the editor and it's still doing nothing, it's possible that the on-hit stuff just doesn't work for them. The most random things choose to not work sometimes.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Hah, I had forgotten how much of a dick this game can be at lower levels. I started a new character with a random Another Life start, got shipwrecked, made my way to Dawnstar.

As soon as I got there, I started a quest I had never seen before (the one with the nightmares). I follow this priest of Mara to a tower, we fight some dudes, everything's going fine until we get to the last room in the dungeon.

Cue half an hour of reloading trying to get past one Orc who kept one-shotting me and who could take all of my magic bar in form of fire to the face and only take about 5% damage.

On another note, the Apocalypse Magic mod is a bit overwhelming; there's a fuckload of spells available from the start, I have no idea where to begin. :I

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Edmond Dantes posted:

On another note, the Apocalypse Magic mod is a bit overwhelming; there's a fuckload of spells available from the start, I have no idea where to begin. :I

Play an alteration mage! Bullet-sponge one-shot orc giving you problems? Throw is the answer. Throw is the answer to everything.*

*Except dragons

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 23, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Mad Archivist posted:

Play an alteration mage! Bullet-sponge one-shot orc giving you problems? Throw is the answer. Throw is the answer to everything.*

*Except dragons

That's a funny way to spell Death Arc.

I love how Apocalypse + SPERG makes Ice Magic awesome.

All magic, actually...

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

The Mad Archivist posted:

*Except dragons

Oddly, I have had trouble getting throw to work properly. I channel it and the most effect I've been able to generate is listing someone like ten feet off the ground.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
How does Dance of Death work these days with SPERG + Immersive First Person View? I see the latest version of DoD adds perk requirements for unlocking some moves, and I've found that IMPV gives you killmoves from the first-person perspective, at least as far as being killed, which I still find way more satisfying than the game popping out to 3rd person to kill me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Saint Sputnik posted:

How does Dance of Death work these days with SPERG + Immersive First Person View? I see the latest version of DoD adds perk requirements for unlocking some moves, and I've found that IMPV gives you killmoves from the first-person perspective, at least as far as being killed, which I still find way more satisfying than the game popping out to 3rd person to kill me.

Dance of Death has an option to remove perk requirements for killmoves.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Saint Sputnik posted:

If you disable VATS (yes, that) in the .ini you do third person and first person kill moves without the kill cam iirc.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Are there any mods that make spell effects from staves scale with your skill level? Staves of Skyrim has a system like this, but it only works for basic Destruction effects and it can be a bit weird sometimes.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What's the deal with categorized favorites menu these days? I'm starting to get A LOOOOT of spells and i want to get a bigger favorites menu to see them all at a glance, but i see that it hasnt been updated in like a year. Is there a better alternative or something now?

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Dongattack posted:

What's the deal with categorized favorites menu these days? I'm starting to get A LOOOOT of spells and i want to get a bigger favorites menu to see them all at a glance, but i see that it hasnt been updated in like a year. Is there a better alternative or something now?

Sky UI has its own favorites menu now, so that might be why the other favorites mods haven't been updated lately. Personally, I still prefer Categorized Favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Try using CFM - Oni Edition. It comes with an INI file that you can edit to add in whatever you need.

• Locked thread