Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The only true break from this thread is death. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Seeing that tuscon dalereed protest had me fantisizing about going there with a friend and having them taking a picture of me shaking his hand while holding a sign (that he hopefully wouldnt notice) that read "Touching the poop".

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Freepers never die, they just retire to their tombs and allow their few children still in contact to bring them sustenance in the form of progressive journalism articles.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Can't wait to see Freep's reaction to Rand Paul demanding an apology from Ted Nugent for calling the President a sub-human mongrel.

Freep is the gift that never stops giving.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Samuel Clemens posted:

When it comes to misusing songs in a commercial, I don't think anyone is ever going to top this.

Oh my god, I forgot how ridiculous this commercial was on so many levels.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Freepers Are Just Grown Up Playground Bullies, Part MMCCCXCI

Former Black Diamond Officer, Husband Say Chief Used Gay Slurs

quote:

To: nickcarraway
Fags are such cry babies...

8 posted on 2/21/2014 12:48:50 PM by pgkdan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Oh poor baby umm or should I say poor fag? While I don’t support police insulting people and I’ve never had a bad experience with it myself its hardly a cardinal sin. its amazing that the people who express such a worry about legislating morality would have every manner of speaking and thought regulated to suit them. We need to stop going along with the wusses and the whiners and start sending them to the corner to suck their thumbs.

11 posted on 2/21/2014 12:51:28 PM by Maelstorm

quote:

To: jsanders2001
I’m 72. My grandmother favorite expression when she had a really busy day was that she was fagged out. Would Granny ever be in trouble today.

20 posted on 2/21/2014 12:59:08 PM by Coldwater Creek
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Fag fag bo bag
Banana fanna fo fag
Fee fi mo mag
Fag!

See... it doesn’t hurt.

22 posted on 2/21/2014 1:00:53 PM by MarineBrat (Better dead than red!)

quote:

Oh just GO AWAY, you naughty poo-pushing Hershey highwayman!

30 posted on 2/21/2014 1:27:02 PM by HKMk23 (The Superior Culture will prevail.)

quote:

The husband and wife fag fag fag fag fag fag fag fag

40 posted on 2/21/2014 1:59:53 PM by dennisw (The first principle is to find out who you are then you can achieve anything -- Buddhist monk)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Hershey Highwayman. That's a good one.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

e_angst posted:

Wow. Zoolander was predicting the future.

To be fair, your selection is limited when selecting a coal-mining-themed song. You've got Timothy, where two trapped miners eat the third; you've got Sixteen Tons, which is basically a slave hymn; and you've got Big John, about a mine that collapses and buries a man who heroically holds up the cracked timbers with the strength of his back while the other miners scramble to safety (sung by Jimmy Dean - yeah, the sausage guy.) So, as we can see, the were really up against it song-wise.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Centripetal Horse posted:

To be fair, your selection is limited when selecting a coal-mining-themed song. You've got Timothy, where two trapped miners eat the third; you've got Sixteen Tons, which is basically a slave hymn; and you've got Big John, about a mine that collapses and buries a man who heroically holds up the cracked timbers with the strength of his back while the other miners scramble to safety (sung by Jimmy Dean - yeah, the sausage guy.) So, as we can see, the were really up against it song-wise.

This is one of my favorite songs related to coal mining. Probably not good for Freepers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msEYGql0drc

Side note: I got an ad for WalMart before this played. That hurt a lot.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Freepers Are Just Grown Up Playground Bullies, Part MMCCCXCI

Former Black Diamond Officer, Husband Say Chief Used Gay Slurs
Freepers: There is always more, and it is always worse :shrek:

Can one of these people walk up to Michael Sam to call him a fag, only to have their face caved in?

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Feb 22, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

skaboomizzy posted:

Side note: I got an ad for WalMart before this played. That hurt a lot.

Lol, I guess Youtube's ad targeting is not quite perfect.

That's a great song. We just lost Pete Seeger, what, a month ago? Folk music gets a lot of flak, but while other styles come and go, Folk is always there, and always relevant.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Centripetal Horse posted:

Don't forget about this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPmSLzsbdM

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Everything sounds more awesome from Johnny Cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsfzCZCFP0Q

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
UK goon here, so you have these primaries which is where you vote for who is going to then run for president? Sorry, need clarification amidst the insanity of freep

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Lord Twisted posted:

UK goon here, so you have these primaries which is where you vote for who is going to then run for president? Sorry, need clarification amidst the insanity of freep

The party primaries decide who the major parties back as their official candidates. You don't *need* to win a primary to run for president, but good luck getting anywhere if you don't have the backing of a major party.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Lord Twisted posted:

Each party and state has their own system of deciding who will run for President in the general election, but they generally have the same calendar. Here are the important early states.

Iowa: Always has to be first because gently caress YOU, that's why. Lots of religious corn farmers gather in schoolhouses and ritualistically decide who they like the most.

New Hampshire: Bitter old Yankees grill candidates about whatever in a lovely diner over a plate of fried eggs and toast.

Nevada: Home to a large Mormon population and the single biggest tourist destination in the nation for people who don't have spouses and/or kids.

South Carolina: Still fighting the Civil War on every front you can imagine.

These are the places that will largely determine who will be on the ballot for President of the United States of America.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

What a week. First it was Thomas Sowell blasting away at Sen. Cruz. Then Ann Coulter. Now its Mona Charen?

Good. Now we know who’s clearly in the RINO camp.

Wait, does this mean Thomas Sowell is no longer "one of the good ones?"

I actually hadn't heard about this, though, but I have no doubt that they'll treat him like MLK: trot him out as a champion of their cause when the conversation is about race, and decry him as a RINO when it isn't.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I'm not sure if Madison Rising has come up in this thread before or not. They're a hilariously awful 'patriotic conservative rock' band with songs like 'In the Days When Reagan Ruled' and 'Before the Hyphens Came.'

They played the national anthem at a NASCAR event today. Highly recommended to watch it all the way through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRCYcFpjbOY

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Hahaha...I was like "okay, it's little overwrought, but whatever," then 1:27 WTF, and I'm grinning like an idiot.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 23, 2014

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I'm not sure if Madison Rising has come up in this thread before or not. They're a hilariously awful 'patriotic conservative rock' band with songs like 'In the Days When Reagan Ruled' and 'Before the Hyphens Came.'

They played the national anthem at a NASCAR event today. Highly recommended to watch it all the way through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRCYcFpjbOY

Words fail.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

The first sign of problems in any "let's be cool" rendition of the National Anthem is "Hey guys, let's do it in 4/4 instead of 3/4". In this case, that was the smallest problem.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

CitizenKain posted:

Words fail.

The next time someone complains about a black singer adding her own improvisations instead of "just singing the song" I'm going to show this to them and then tattoo it on their face if they can ever make ones with animations and noise.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
The hyphens? Is that a reference to *Insert race/nationality/non-Christian religion here*-Americans or couples who hyphenate their last names?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Mind Loving Owl posted:

The hyphens? Is that a reference to *Insert race/nationality/non-Christian religion here*-Americans or couples who hyphenate their last names?

It sure is (the former). Songs about race mixing and non-traditional marriage arrangements will be on the follow-up album.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah it's one of those "Well you see African-American I just see AMERICANS. Looks like you're the Real Racist." things.

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah it's one of those "Well you see African-American I just see AMERICANS. Looks like you're the Real Racist." things.

I've noticed that they "just see Americans" whenever it's convenient to deny minorities any kind of identity or deny their history of oppression. Basically, just another way of saying "why don't they just get over being black already."

Then as soon as it's convenient, they'll see them as nig urban ferals. This way, they get to pretend that only black people do stuff like the knockout game, even while they fantasize about random violence with no sense of irony whatsoever.

So, they're "nothing special" when it suits them, and utterly alien when it suits them.

IrritationX
May 5, 2004

Bitch, what you don't know about me I can just about squeeze in the Grand fucking Canyon.
It's one of the major facets of white privilege to be able to look at any situation and say, "What does race have to do with this?"

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

IrritationX posted:

It's one of the major facets of white privilege to be able to look at any situation and say, "What does race have to do with this?"

Of any privilege.

"She just wasn't as qualified. What does gender have to do with it."

"Why does he have to announce it to the world, he should just keep it in the bedroom. What does being gay have to do with it."

Freepers are a great example of privilege at its most unobscured. They continuously, unironically fantasize about marginalizing and physically harming members of a marginalized group, and then as soon as they someone calls them on their psychotic vitriol, they step back and say "Hey now, I was just calling it like I see it, why'd you have to go get all weird about it? Maybe you're the one who has some growing up to do, you seem to be bigoted against [whites, men, christians]."

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Has the Ole Miss James Meredith statue incident come up yet? If not, here you go.

"Noose tied on Ole Miss integration statue"

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3124433/posts

quote:

To: Responsibility2nd
I betting: HOAX, perpetrated by leftists to rub salt in old wounds, healed long ago......................

12 posted on February 18, 2014 at 2:13:27 PM PST by Red Badger (Proud member of the Zeta Omicron Tau Fraternity since 2004...................)

quote:

Number of Englishmen hanged during the reign of Henry VIII: more than 70,000
Number of black Americans lynched during the era of Jim Crow: less than 2,000.
Now remind me again which race has more right to be intimidated by a noose.

22 posted on February 18, 2014 at 2:27:31 PM PST by Vigilanteman (Obama: Fake black man. Fake Messiah. Fake American. How many fakes can you fit in one Zer0?)

quote:

To: Rebelbase
Nearly all “hate crimes” are committed by members of the targeted group.

“Hate Crimes” are a fraud, used to generate political support and grant money for left-wing organizations.

42 posted on February 18, 2014 at 3:07:29 PM PST by Oak Grove (H)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Boys will be boys!

quote:

Just fraternity boys doing a prank.

45 posted on February 18, 2014 at 3:10:00 PM PST by Old Yeller

quote:

To: Hot Tabasco
“teen” = black. You know, when the paper says a teenager assaulted an elderly victim, they mean a black punk beat up a white person.

52 posted on February 18, 2014 at 3:45:07 PM PST by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

And a bunch of LIBERAL HOAX posts.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Macintosh posted:

quote:

22 posted on February 18, 2014 at 2:27:31 PM PST by Vigilanteman (Obama: Fake black man. Fake Messiah. Fake American. How many fakes can you fit in one Zer0?)

Well seeing as how the Jim Crow era lynchings were more recent by a few hundred years...

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Well seeing as how the Jim Crow era lynchings were more recent by a few hundred years...
[/quote]

One of these was the product of a repressive legal system in a feudal state. The other was done via extrajudicial mob violence as a form of terrorism in a state that claimed to be democratic.

Also I'm pretty sure Freepers would have opposed reformers like Elizabeth Fry who pushed to make England's laws less loving insanely punitive. They would have been the ones saying that hanging bread thieves and miscreants was the right punishment for them.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Why won't the lieberal lamestream media talk about the real problem of all these Tudor kings going about intimidating people with nooses?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

quote:

I betting: HOAX, perpetrated by leftists to rub salt in old wounds, healed long ago......................

12 posted on February 18, 2014 at 2:13:27 PM PST by Red Badger (Proud member of the Zeta Omicron Tau Fraternity since 2004...................)
Freepers thinking that the Jim Crow era woulds as healed is hilarious. These people are the same ones who miss the "America they grew up in" and would go back to Jim Crow laws in a heartbeat, and would broker the White House for open segregation like in the Hayes election.

Plus, James Meredith was such a big deal that they had to guard him with the loving army at Ole Miss.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Macintosh posted:

quote:

this gave me an aneurysm and then I died (in the street)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iv read through the thread, and it seems like FREEP is getting worse, or has FREEP always had the same jet engine scream of ignorance and hatred to it?

I just ask because the amount of ignorance these freepers put on display is throwing me for a loop, I just cannot wrap my head around some of these peoples statements. Especially that one comparing people killed during Henry VIII's reign and Jim Crow.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alexzandvar posted:

Iv read through the thread, and it seems like FREEP is getting worse, or has FREEP always had the same jet engine scream of ignorance and hatred to it?

I just ask because the amount of ignorance these freepers put on display is throwing me for a loop, I just cannot wrap my head around some of these peoples statements. Especially that one comparing people killed during Henry VIII's reign and Jim Crow.

They've been on a slow spiral downwards for a long while now, but there haven't been any major declines in sanity since the 2012 election.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Wanamingo posted:

They've been on a slow spiral downwards for a long while now, but there haven't been any major declines in sanity since the 2012 election.

After the great primary purge where they got rid of a lot of the more 'reasonable' people. Relatively, of course.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Alexzandvar posted:

The 'death of America' (Jan 20, 09) broke a lot of these people. The idea that a democrat won the election, meaning that their infallible party actually failed, combined with the fact that it was a democratic black man, nearly overloaded their pressure relief valves. Then during the 2012 Primaries where they just knew that obummer was going to lose and they ignored all evidence to the contrary, Mitt lost. Cue the wailing cries and the gnashing of teeth. Their already stressed pressure valves basically disintegrated.

Ever since then their anger has basically been pouring out unabated and will probably keep up until either the heat death of the universe, or a republican manages to re-take office. They looked at the people who claimed that clearly the only reason they lost was that they just weren't right-wing enough, and took it to heart. Doubling down on the doubling down. It couldn't at all be that the country was tired of their poo poo, it was that they had the election stolen from them. Or it was all those loving teenagers with their rock and roll and tweeters.

I believe before this, they were less hateful rage-a-holics and more just 'We're so loving awesome and :smug: as poo poo, and the democrats/liberals are just such pussies they'll never manage to de-throne us'

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

E-Tank posted:

The 'death of America' (Jan 20, 09) broke a lot of these people. The idea that a democrat won the election, meaning that their infallible party actually failed, combined with the fact that it was a democratic black man, nearly overloaded their pressure relief valves. Then during the 2012 Primaries where they just knew that obummer was going to lose and they ignored all evidence to the contrary, Mitt lost. Cue the wailing cries and the gnashing of teeth. Their already stressed pressure valves basically disintegrated.

Ever since then their anger has basically been pouring out unabated and will probably keep up until either the heat death of the universe, or a republican manages to re-take office. They looked at the people who claimed that clearly the only reason they lost was that they just weren't right-wing enough, and took it to heart. Doubling down on the doubling down. It couldn't at all be that the country was tired of their poo poo, it was that they had the election stolen from them. Or it was all those loving teenagers with their rock and roll and tweeters.

I believe before this, they were less hateful rage-a-holics and more just 'We're so loving awesome and :smug: as poo poo, and the democrats/liberals are just such pussies they'll never manage to de-throne us'

Jesus, what would happen if Hillary got elected. Would they just get so angry they would all collectively have an aneurysm and die?

I kinda feel bad for them, their entire world view was killed in less than 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Alexzandvar posted:

Jesus, what would happen if Hillary got elected. Would they just get so angry they would all collectively have an aneurysm and die?

They'd do what they always do: complain endlessly, alienate their remaining friends and family members, and keep their powder dry.

• Locked thread