Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fateo McMurray posted:

Which season of 24 had TONY OF OF loving NOWHERE?

Season 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Deadpool posted:

We're actually only one week away from being a decade old.

Ah, I miss the regular parades of 24 gimmick posters.
I think that might have been the thread where somebody nominated me for a TVIV mod. Crazy times, those.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 23, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Oh I think I remember this show!

Is this the show where they introduce a disabled martial artist who fights ninjas on his wheelchair while also propagating Anti-smoking campaigns?

God, that sounds crazy, but that episode really happened.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

raditts posted:

I think that might have been the thread where somebody nominated me for a TVIV mod. Crazy times, those.

You couldn't be worse than Aatrek

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

The number of mods who are bad at their job or who actively hate the forums they moderate vastly outnumber the good ones. We're pretty lucky to have got Deadpool frankly.

(Until it turns out he's a serial killer or something)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

Is there anyone who doesn't clear that bar that isn't Azure Horizon?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought Aatrek was bad regardless of the raping. But yeah the rape sets a really low bar. A rape bar.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hurray the Olympics are over. New episodes for everyone!

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Spalec posted:

Every season of 24 has at least 1 totally retarded, awful plotline, it's pretty much a tradition. It has plenty of retarded, unbelievable but totally awesome plotlines too.

Season 2 and onwards pick up the stakes and crazy a lot.

Seasons 1-3 are all great (Minus Kims S2 story, just FF through that, you won't miss anything). Season 4 is a step down IMO but still good, S5 is the best, S6 is 95% awful, S7 divides a lot of fans but I thought it was great and S8 drags terribly in the middle but pulls it together for the last act.

This is as close as to my opinion on 24. Also, the last two episodes of Season 1 are arguably the best of the season so you're in for a treat. Season 2 is where the show becomes the show it's remembered for. Season 6 is really really really bad considering Season 5 was such a high point.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
It's me guys.

I'm the single person who is very excited for Heroes to come back.

I'm sorry.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

aBagorn posted:

It's me guys.

I'm sorry.

The only person you have to apologize to is yourself.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought Aatrek was bad regardless of the raping. But yeah the rape sets a really low bar. A rape bar.

Imagine I said something witty about Aatrek's rape bar also doubling as a height restriction.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

IRQ posted:

Is there anyone who doesn't clear that bar that isn't Azure Horizon?

CineD was looking touch and go for a little while. Better now though.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Heroes should start up where it left off and have everyone be outed as super freaks. But they have to have new characters for it to have a chance of working. And no NBC, using Ali Larter to play yet another different character isn't what anybody has in mind.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spalec posted:

Every season of 24 has at least 1 totally retarded, awful plotline, it's pretty much a tradition. It has plenty of retarded, unbelievable but totally awesome plotlines too.

Season 2 and onwards pick up the stakes and crazy a lot.

Seasons 1-3 are all great (Minus Kims S2 story, just FF through that, you won't miss anything). Season 4 is a step down IMO but still good, S5 is the best, S6 is 95% awful, S7 divides a lot of fans but I thought it was great and S8 drags terribly in the middle but pulls it together for the last act.

This post is pretty loving spot on. About the only thing I disagree with is calling Season 1 great. It's good, but it's in the middle of the pack really thanks to a tedious second half.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PriorMarcus posted:

CineD was looking touch and go for a little while. Better now though.

They're kind of polar opposites in that Aatrek hated people being critical and wanted every thread to be a GIF-filled hugbox while CineD hated that people weren't being critical enough.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

The number of mods who are bad at their job or who actively hate the forums they moderate vastly outnumber the good ones. We're pretty lucky to have got Deadpool frankly.

(Until it turns out he's a serial killer or something)

Deadpool a serial killer? Nah.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

...of SCIENCE! posted:

They're kind of polar opposites in that Aatrek hated people being critical and wanted every thread to be a GIF-filled hugbox while CineD hated that people weren't being critical enough.

To the degree that they had a mod who wrote film reviews and just outright made scenes up so that he could criticise them as a way of saying that a film was poo poo.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

To the degree that they had a mod who wrote film reviews and just outright made scenes up so that he could criticise them as a way of saying that a film was poo poo.

If they came out and said that Current Releases was one giant troll/satire of film reviews then it would be the funniest thing on the front page. Because that's the only context in which a comedy website posting a review of Man of Steel that's just one huge screed about how the movie sucks because it's not the "right" Superman and also 9/11, how the more critics disagree with you the more correct you actually are because it proves you're not a mindless sheep, and giving the Footloose remake the highest score in the history of the column makes any sense.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

aBagorn posted:

It's me guys.

I'm sorry.

Me too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Please stop trolling

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

...of SCIENCE! posted:

...and giving the Footloose remake the highest score in the history of the column makes any sense.

The Footloose remake was pretty good.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rarity posted:

Please stop trolling

I like Heroes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

And some people like vegemite.

e: I haven't had douche chills in a long time but the pilot of About a Boy did it. They got a truly terrible kid actor that looks like a hell demon, the main guy is some 40-year-old eternal frat bro, and the Minnie Driver character is an irritating vegan that wants to force her evil down everyone's throat. gently caress this show.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 23, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Mu Zeta posted:

Hey, say what you want about Heroes, but lay off the vegemite.

Also, I found out there was an IP Man tv series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3u30PhJTEM.

Thank you China for doing the good lord's work.

Edit: Goddamnit. Chinese language and chinese subtitles? I've only taken Mandarin I. :negative:

Ravane fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 23, 2014

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
On a NBC note that isn't about them once again running out of ideas, it looks like Hannibal season 1 is now fully available for Amazon Prime subscribers.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Tortolia posted:

On a NBC note that isn't about them once again running out of ideas, it looks like Hannibal season 1 is now fully available for Amazon Prime subscribers.

Eh, I'll wait for the reboot.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Heroes is more like that peanut butter & jelly mix you can get in a jar.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Now's a great time for people to read this interview with Tim Kring a few years back which shows how he has absolutely no idea what was wrong with heroes.

http://www.avclub.com/article/tim-kring-37975

Clearly anything good that came out of it was due to Brian Fuller.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

scary ghost dog posted:

Heroes is more like that peanut butter & jelly mix you can get in a jar.
Heroes is like a jar of Marmite, so you're like, "No no believe it or not some people actually really, really like it," so you open it up to figure out what this is all about, but it's not even Marmite in there, it's just barf, a jar full of smelly barf. EDIT: And there's a note promising an answer to the mysterious question of where the barf came from, and also there is the promise of more barf. And maybe in the next jar you'll finally get that really sweet action scene with people using their powers slightly better barf. But you're like, what the gently caress? Why would I want more barf? gently caress this poo poo. But then the next day you see more and more jars of Marmite, all full of barf, and you're like WHO IS BUYING THIS!?

DirtyRobot fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 23, 2014

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

On an impulse buy, I decided to get Birds Of Prey on DVD. I'v seen it on shelves for years and have always been curious. How big of a mistake did I make?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DirtyRobot posted:

Heroes is like a jar of Marmite, so you're like, "No no believe it or not some people actually really, really like it," so you open it up to figure out what this is all about, but it's not even Marmite in there, it's just barf, a jar full of smelly barf. EDIT: And there's a note promising an answer to the mysterious question of where the barf came from, and also there is the promise of more barf. And maybe in the next jar you'll finally get that really sweet action scene with people using their powers slightly better barf. But you're like, what the gently caress? Why would I want more barf? gently caress this poo poo. But then the next day you see more and more jars of Marmite, all full of barf, and you're like WHO IS BUYING THIS!?

Well, I meant it was colorful and weird with little value.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrVenkman posted:

I literally just remembered the narration that ran throughout Heroes. Also, there's been some crazy revisionist history going on recently with people claiming that the first season is 'good'. No. No it's not.

I don't think you know what "revisionist history" means. Heroes season 1 was very well-received when it aired, up until the finale, and people have been bringing it up as an example of "but this was good" ever since, whether or not you personally believe it deserves it (probably not).

Personally I find it so funny we all thought "save the cheerleader, save the world" was ever a good line.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

scary ghost dog posted:

Well, I meant it was colorful and weird with little value.

This is an honest question, because it's been a few years, but what did you think was colorful and weird? I feel like I see exactly where you're coming from, yet at the very same time my general impression/memory was that it was incredibly safe and pedestrian.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And then Sylar got her powers eventually anyway and didn't do poo poo with them.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BigRed0427 posted:

On an impulse buy, I decided to get Birds Of Prey on DVD. I'v seen it on shelves for years and have always been curious. How big of a mistake did I make?

It's not too bad, kind of a forgettable action show with a Batman twist. I can't imagine anyone watching it through a second time, so buying it might have been ill-advised.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DirtyRobot posted:

This is an honest question, because it's been a few years, but what did you think was colorful and weird? I feel like I see exactly where you're coming from, yet at the very same time my general impression/memory was that it was incredibly safe and pedestrian.

The aesthetics of their superpowers were pretty stylish throughout the whole show, even if they were often blatantly obscured. The writing was so bad it bordered on surreal, which I enjoyed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BigRed0427 posted:

You made a mistake. Just how big it is can only be calculated when knowing how much you value your money and your time.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Deadpool posted:

You made a mistake. Just how big it is can only be calculated when knowing how much you value your money and your time.

And also how much you like t.A.T.u.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Birds of Prey isn't worse than any other cheesy action/adventure show of that time. If you liked Mutant X, She Spies and VIP, then you'll like BoP.

• Locked thread