Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Greetings fellow swarmie-to-be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Did you mean swami? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV9w0eJoazM

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

OP convo me in game if you want to join my eve pilot name is Powers SA.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

vyst posted:

OP convo me in game if you want to join my eve pilot name is Powers SA.

gently caress you, I'm not allowed to scam.

xxCrackersxx
Dec 15, 2012

powers posted:

gently caress you, I'm not allowed to scam.

But there is nothing stoping you from ganking him in high sec.

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010
I played EVE for five minutes once and then uninstalled when it was like $2 on steam

thats my story of eve entering my life

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

culdesac posted:

I played EVE for five minutes once and then uninstalled when it was like $2 on steam

thats my story of eve entering my life

I got into goonfleet while I was still in the tutorial but I think it was around the first time I started moving between systems I just decided I hated everything about this game and quit forever.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish
I actually beta tested the game for several months and joined at launch. I've been replaying for a month or two every 2-3 years since then.

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

Frog 1.0 posted:

I actually beta tested the game for several months and joined at launch. I've been replaying for a month or two every 2-3 years since then.

that's cool. It has been becoming a very addictive game.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

captain_spaulding posted:

Something Awful might have captured your wallet, but you sir have captured my heart! :3:

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I got into goonfleet while I was still in the tutorial but I think it was around the first time I started moving between systems I just decided I hated everything about this game and quit forever.

It took me two years to admit that to myself. Hats off to you sir.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish

I donno, beats shoving cucumber up my rear end.

DontBeThatGuy
Sep 5, 2013

Frog 1.0 posted:

I've been playing on and off aswell but a lot of the times I wish I ha played straight through, I could have all the skill points by now :) or a lot more than I have now :/

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

DontBeThatGuy posted:

I've been playing on and off aswell but a lot of the times I wish I ha played straight through, I could have all the skill points by now :) or a lot more than I have now :/

Train every skill to V before going to nullsex man, otherwise you will blow up at a frequency of 50/s

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Goons are the least self aware. Goonspeed captain_spaulding. May your space journey take you to the very edges of the unknown

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
dis threade

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Frog 1.0 posted:

I donno, beats shoving cucumber up my rear end.

Well, that is almost healthy so its hard to say.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Welcome aboard true friend. I hope to fly along side you.

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009

blowfish posted:

Train every skill to V before going to nullsex man, otherwise you will blow up at a frequency of 50/s

How hostile is it where you guys are making GBS threads up the neighborhood?

The beauty of EVE, if it has one, is that you can get to speed relatively quickly at something specific, it just takes a shitload of time to be good at a lot of things.

If you pick one ship type, one weapon type, armor or shield defense and do as much of your training to get all of the perquisite skills you need in your noggin then you just need the means to replace your lovely ship and your insurance until you figure out which way your rear end is pointing.

I first went to nullsec up in Guristas space in a lovely Vexor with barely pioletable skills. It wasn't pretty but it was a lot of fun, i was so bad I couldn't even use T2 drones. Staying alive is over-rated. :p

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So has anyone extracted all of his isk and pubbie tears yet or am I going to have to resub and do it myself?

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

Yes, its been 1 week, I went to nullse got blown up and im lost, and have talked to nobody..... interesting times.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!

Yes, its been 1 week, I went to nullse got blown up and im lost, and have talked to nobody..... interesting times.

Have you looked at EVE University? Or Red versus Blue?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Hit up Tim Neilson ingame and he will get you sorted out in syndicate, we have excellent ratting space available along with some premier ice belts.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Incursus posted:

Have you looked at EVE University? Or Red versus Blue?

For the love of god do not do this... But if you can get into a CVA type corp or proviblock PM me and I can help you get money if you have rolls or a open pos.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Its a rough neighborhood. Everywhere.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hang in there captain_spaulding, I know if you set your mind to it, you can do it.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Why do people play this lovely game?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Because what else do you have to do with your life other than make people IRL mad at a game, take all their stuff, and feel important for having helped take over huge swaths of internet space while piloting an internet spaceship worth IRL money?

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
J4G Crybaby :frogout:
Is it worth having a look at? It keeps popping up on the news lately..

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

davmo1 posted:

Is it worth having a look at? It keeps popping up on the news lately..

It's definitely fun if you play with a group or with friends, but don't go into it by yourself and expect to have anything resembling a good time. There's an eve thread somewhere around here that you can read more about it and look into joining GoonSwarm after you post more and are around a while longer.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014

Tusen Takk posted:

It's definitely fun if you play with a group or with friends, but don't go into it by yourself and expect to have anything resembling a good time. There's an eve thread somewhere around here that you can read more about it and look into joining GoonSwarm after you post more and are around a while longer.

They have a minimum length in here? I've only been here a few months anyways, Imma just stick to my BF4 then :D

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

my ingame name is

Rosco-P Coltrain

This guy is amazing, I hope he flies with goons soon. Start marking down the calendar.

Greenllama
Jun 10, 2013

I am a green llama capable of posting on SA forums. Please adopt me.

Go back to empire space and do all the boring tutorial missions and then join a lovely pubbie gro-------
Join groon or quit.

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

In perpetual motion sickness.

davmo1 posted:

They have a minimum length in here?

I hear it's currently 45.1172 centimeters or 17.7626772 inches minimum to join.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014

Grecotch Unicycle posted:

I hear it's currently 45.1172 centimeters or 17.7626772 inches minimum to join.

Around? if so... hello ladies ;)

Greenllama
Jun 10, 2013

I am a green llama capable of posting on SA forums. Please adopt me.

davmo1 posted:

Around? if so... hello ladies ;)

No he meant diameter

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Why don't we just make him a director, he cannot be any worse than certain honeymooners.

ghoonz, now with 0.000003% more pubbie.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

staberind posted:

Why don't we just make him a director, he cannot be any worse than certain honeymooners.

ghoonz, now with 0.000003% more pubbie.

free bruschettas

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
So where do we stand with this guy? I haven't seen him in-guild yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

God damnit

• Locked thread