Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

AradoBalanga posted:

So, meet the mystery silhouette that was teased earlier:

It's Crossbone Gundam.

Holy poo poo it has booster sabers. I can't wait for this to be out. :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well poo poo, guess I'm finally going to be picking up a MG Crossbone.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AradoBalanga posted:

It's Crossbone Gundam.

StrifeHira posted:

Holy poo poo it has booster sabers. I can't wait for this to be out. :neckbeard:

Come onnnnn Crossbone Booster with Booster Sabers! :rolldice:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It already has a Build Booster coming out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

It already has a Build Booster coming out.

Is there a link to that? Can't find it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This is the New MS A that was teased a while back.

Before we even heard about it, they were teasing the New Build Booster A.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just a thought from looking at that new design; anyone else think the limbs look a little X-Maoh-ish? Looking at the grooves in the backpack as solar panel stickers, here's hoping for pirate skull eyebeams of death whenever it turns up in the anime :yohoho::allears:.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Slightly disappointed the design doesn't seem to match the existing design, I like the single long chest vent that goes under the cockpit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
http://avex.jp/gbf/

The tracklist and samples for the OST have come out.

Yuuki's themes have the best names ever. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh neat, it's available on Amazon.jp. CDs are one of the few things they'll ship overseas, so if you want this OST they're your best bet.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AradoBalanga posted:

It's Crossbone Gundam.

GBF is basically making all my Gundam dreams come true. Just need a MG Maxter and that's all I need.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Fairy Tail Another show will be taking GBF's timeslot on April 30th, so we finally have confirmation that the show will be around 26 episodes. A season two is possible, but considering a new Gundam anime will be announced in March I highly doubt it.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 22, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

A little sad, but I think it may overstay its welcome if it goes on for another 24. If anything they could probably get a movie out of it.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Fairy Tail will be taking GBF's timeslot on April 30th, so we finally have confirmation that the show will be around 26 episodes. A season two is possible, but considering a new Gundam anime will be announced in March I highly doubt it.

We've known it was 2 cour since uh, well, the beginning.

Also the show taking its timeslot is http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/oreca_dracolle/, not Fairy Tail.

I am interested in your source on a Fairy Tail timeslot though.

aers fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 22, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah I know, but for some reason I still see a lot of questions about it in other places so may as well post it.

Also welp. That's what I get for not double checking.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
OST title list and a few previews are out.

For the record, the title of Yuuki's theme is "The Crimson Comet ~ The Usual Flamenco at Three Times the Passion~". Seems about right.

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Fairy Tail Another show will be taking GBF's timeslot on April 30th, so we finally have confirmation that the show will be around 26 episodes. A season two is possible, but considering a new Gundam anime will be announced in March I highly doubt it.

I knew this was coming, but it still breaks my heart. :negative:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SpikeMcclane posted:

Of course not. Ral's an ace, after all.

I'm throwing you a pizza party.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Caros posted:

I knew this was coming, but it still breaks my heart. :negative:

At least it'll end as a good memory in our hearts. :)

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

At least it'll end as a good memory in our hearts. :)
Yeah unless this show starts taking a serious nose dive(which I doubt) we'll at least have a good gundam show that we can look back on. It'll help us forget that AGE ever existed.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's that time again, folks.

So the solutions to the riddle were indeed Clear Funnels, as well as the Berserker system. On a girl from Scandinavia. :haw: Kirara also got a really good speech.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, holy poo poo Nils's hypnotherapy session.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
So I forget, there's Sei/Reiji, Kawaguchi, Aila... who's the 4th person again?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Golden Battler posted:

Patrick Mannequin, who I don't believe we've seen yet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Golden Battler posted:

Patrick Mannequin, undefeated Ace of over 200 simulation battles!

Sei and Reiji's room is going to be stuffed to overflowing by the end of the series.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, holy poo poo Nils's hypnotherapy session.

I laughed way too hard at "He's already up to Episode 9!"

Also thought it was funny that PPSE had a 1/144 scale Ptolemaios just to store the Exia Dark Matter.

Caros
May 14, 2008

So... that was pretty awesome. Bit of a facepalm considering that they didn't turn off the system after the battle like they did every other time, not to mention allowing the begining Gundam to waltz in and get its poo poo wrecked, but in a series with teleporting Ramba Ral my suspension of disbelief is pretty solid.

That ending tho... Its shocking that a show about gunpla is the first one in which I actually give a gently caress that the cyber newtype loses her poo poo, and that the protagonist finds out that it was her all along. I might have actually given a poo poo about Four, Stella, Lalah and all the others if they had the same chemistry that Reiji and Aila Aina have.

And god drat was it hilarious to watch Sei pantomime getting brightslapped.

So I suppose the Dark Matter is going to be the Kampfer Amazing replacement?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Caros posted:

So... that was pretty awesome. Bit of a facepalm considering that they didn't turn off the system after the battle like they did every other time, not to mention allowing the begining Gundam to waltz in and get its poo poo wrecked, but in a series with teleporting Ramba Ral my suspension of disbelief is pretty solid.

That ending tho... Its shocking that a show about gunpla is the first one in which I actually give a gently caress that the cyber newtype loses her poo poo, and that the protagonist finds out that it was her all along. I might have actually given a poo poo about Four, Stella, Lalah and all the others if they had the same chemistry that Reiji and Aila Aina have.

And god drat was it hilarious to watch Sei pantomime getting brightslapped.

So I suppose the Dark Matter is going to be the Kampfer Amazing replacement?

I'm assuming that them having to force-boot the system wasn't a thing that had to be done before, given that glasses dude seemed really hesitant about doing it and made a lot of "Well it's not my fault" excuses before he did it. That probably explains why they couldn't really turn it off properly. He reminds me of the doctor on Allenby's team in G Gundam who wasn't really cool with the Berserker system.

My bet with the Dark Matter is that it will be intended for Yuuki but it will be jacked by the chairman somehow.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kanos posted:

I'm assuming that them having to force-boot the system wasn't a thing that had to be done before, given that glasses dude seemed really hesitant about doing it and made a lot of "Well it's not my fault" excuses before he did it. That probably explains why they couldn't really turn it off properly. He reminds me of the doctor on Allenby's team in G Gundam who wasn't really cool with the Berserker system.

My bet with the Dark Matter is that it will be intended for Yuuki but it will be jacked by the chairman somehow.

I meant the actual battle system. Normally its 'Battle ended' and the system turns off immediately. My best guess is that the system deals with someone conceeding slightly differently than someone losing outright.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I have to say my favourite parts of the episode were the parts that didn't have to do with the fight.

Except for Kirara's speech. That was cool.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pureauthor posted:

I have to say my favourite parts of the episode were the parts that didn't have to do with the fight.

Except for Kirara's speech. That was cool.

I'm surprised they didn't show the grandson's reaction to the post-match stabbings. Guess they don't want to humanize Grandpa Sponsor that much.

Caros posted:

Yeah, coming off a rewatch of Forever Four this managed to be have more of an impact than Four did for me. Maybe it's just because we've seen Aila more.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Yeah, coming off a rewatch of Forever Four this managed to be have more of an impact than Four did for me. Maybe it's just because we've seen Aila more.

I think its partly that, and partly just that the interaction between the two has been really well done. With the exception of the build episode most of their interaction has been 3-5 minute stints of becoming progressively less and less annoying to one another which, in my experience at least, is how a lot of people become friends.

I genuinely believe and empathize with Reiji's hurt about being lied to, whereas I never really got why four or stella or any of the others were that important.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I don't know what it was about that episode, but it felt way shorter/lighter on content than usual. Maybe it was because the fight wasn't really all that much? Weird.

On the other hand, even if it's a bit of a predictable nod, I really appreciate that Fellini's last resort is the ability to self-destruct his Gundam. It's only fitting for a Wing variant.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I feel we've kind of been spoilt here. It was still quite a fight, even if it had a different tone from many of the others. Fellini's trick with the cloud of snow was particularly impressive.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Valentin posted:

I don't know what it was about that episode, but it felt way shorter/lighter on content than usual. Maybe it was because the fight wasn't really all that much? Weird.

I think that is because they nested the serious stuff with a lot of fluff. Aila worried about what winning would lead to, and then Reiji learning who she really is next to Nils hypnotherapy silliness and Sei's dad sitting around eating ramen wondering where his wife is (she has no cell phone?) and while some shows do a good job of it the pace and transitions on this show are so brisk you can't dwell on it long when its not one-note.

Sadly this episode didn't sell me on the papillon. I'll probably pick it up later on but I still think its ugly and not that bad-rear end. Still lovin that Fenice though. I wish he had self destructed it. Then he could have told Kirara that poo poo isn't everything and he'd have more time to spend going after her (until he has to make another fenice for next year's tourney), and at the same time hamstringing team nemesis. That way he could be less of a goon choosing gun-pla over girl-pus.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I was waiting for Fellini to truly act like a pilot of a Wing Gundam. And he succeeded admirably :allears:.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Only in Build Fighters could the reveal that the red MS will be piloted by the Char be a surprise. :allears:

Man so much great stuff happened this episode. Definitely an amazing start for the final sequence of episodes.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

I wish he had self destructed it. Then he could have told Kirara that poo poo isn't everything and he'd have more time to spend going after her (until he has to make another fenice for next year's tourney), and at the same time hamstringing team nemesis. That way he could be less of a goon choosing gun-pla over girl-pus.

I think Mihoshi wouldn't be cool with Fellini destroying his baby like that because, if that's how he treats his long-time partner in crime, then what does that say about his longevity with a girl he's only known for a few weeks?

Also, did Reiji have any particularly negative reaction to the Renato brothers' tactics in last week's episode? He said he was fine with Kirara's underhanded tactics earlier in the series.

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Only in Build Fighters could the reveal that the red MS will be piloted by the Char be a surprise. :allears:

Man so much great stuff happened this episode. Definitely an amazing start for the final sequence of episodes.

Just rewatched it again because it was that good of an episode. That poor look from Aila at the end there. Its like she just got caught by her husband mid gangbang with the poolboy, gardener and her husbands boss, not that she just went a bit overboard winning a plastic robot battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Level Slide posted:

Also, did Reiji have any particularly negative reaction to the Renato brothers' tactics in last week's episode? He said he was fine with Kirara's underhanded tactics earlier in the series.

Nah, he was just surprised Yuuki was losing.

Incidentally, Reiji was the first one to actually notice the 1/144 Zeon soldiers. From like twenty feet away, at the top of the spectator stands. In a dark, rainy area. Dude's ridiculous.

Blackchamber posted:

Sadly this episode didn't sell me on the papillon. I'll probably pick it up later on but I still think its ugly and not that bad-rear end.

HG Qubeley Papilion, much like HG Build mkII, is an old as hell kit that relies heavily on stickers. Don't waste your money, you don't need to get the full set.

• Locked thread