Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Drimble Wedge posted:

Is that Biography comic still appearing in papers?

Scary Gary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
Comics (February 6th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Asaekigga

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

That's fantastic. You're fantastic, R Ubbish.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

The anime blanket really sells the scene I think.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BlueDestiny posted:

The anime blanket really sells the scene I think.

There isn't enough pathetic anime nerds in Western comics.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

I feel you. Goddamn do I hate shopping with my mom and I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore.

Retail

You picked one-word-answer guy? You're a total coward Marla. Although all the applicants were fairly boring. I can't get myself excited about this guy or any of the others.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Do you want a layer of grime and dust on your carpets Skip?

Dustin

Thanks to state-controlled media, there's no shortage of Russian articles and photos regarding Putin being a badass. In a James Bond villain way.

On the Fastrack

Oh, you're sure to find a ton of malware in there.

Safe Havens

I think you meant crowdfund. Unless they just set up a blank Wiki titled "Dodo breakout plan from Havens University Laboratory" and expected everyone to fill in the details.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 24, 2014

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

This scans fabulously well.

"Cuneiform" is four syllables. That line doesn't work.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Apartment 3-G

Beetle Bailey

How could he eat while skipping? Skipping requires the use of both arms. How does he expect that to work?

Between Friends

She really should see someone about that depression.

Crankshaft

:stare:

Hi and Lois

Well, that's a bit creepy.

And I've forgotten to post 1941 Mandrake the Magician Sundays for a while now, so here's a whole lot of them to catch up.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Tiggum posted:

Beetle Bailey

How could he eat while skipping? Skipping requires the use of both arms. How does he expect that to work?

Crankshaft

For Beetle, think meatspin. For Crankshaft...

It begins.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's been pretty boring in the Batiuk-verse ever since Funky's Car Wreck-Surreal Flashback episode. I'm glad one of the features is finally back on track to exponentially depressing ville.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Wilbur looks a little pissed.

Rex Morgan MD

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Tiggum posted:

Apartment 3-G
I realize that trying to follow A3G closely is a fool's errand, and I know that LuAnn and Tommie are particularly dumb and boring...but I have absolutely no idea what to make of this strip.

Is LuAnn being uncharacteristically sarcastic and clever by suggesting venison for dinner when Tommie's been keeping a baby deer in the apartment? Does Tommie just not know where venison comes from? Is this setting up a comedy of errors where Jim or some guy who looks like Jim (ie, any guy in A3G) sees the venison on his plate and assumes that Tommie shoved Bambi into the oven? What is happening in my fourth- or fifth-favorite soap strip?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

This is preposterous. Cops armed with tasers? Pfft!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

Crankshaft

Ha ha! Another hi-larious "Crankshaft"! What kind of nutty mess will the gang get themselves into next!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

"Cuneiform" is four syllables. That line doesn't work.

Cuneiform is used in the original song.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

SynthOrange posted:

This is preposterous. Cops armed with tasers? Pfft!

Well maybe they'll tase her 45 times and kill her anyway, that's got my vote. Pull a Winkerbean, Morgan, you know you want to!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

Man, Val doesn't do anything low-key, does he? Get right on that table, draw all over the wall, and make the label not "Saxon fleet" or "Saxons" but 300 SAXON SHIPS :black101:

I also like how in the previous episode Hal Foster took some time out from thrilling tales of invasion, prophecy and fever to be all "bitches, right?" Prince Valiant deserves its reputation. :allears:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

blacksocks
Feb 20, 2007

Quick question, is there any visual hint that granny's treehouse is downstream? Or were we just supposed to make something up to answer this one.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

blacksocks posted:

Quick question, is there any visual hint that granny's treehouse is downstream? Or were we just supposed to make something up to answer this one.

I had the same question.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Trilobite posted:

I realize that trying to follow A3G closely is a fool's errand, and I know that LuAnn and Tommie are particularly dumb and boring...but I have absolutely no idea what to make of this strip.

Is LuAnn being uncharacteristically sarcastic and clever by suggesting venison for dinner when Tommie's been keeping a baby deer in the apartment? Does Tommie just not know where venison comes from? Is this setting up a comedy of errors where Jim or some guy who looks like Jim (ie, any guy in A3G) sees the venison on his plate and assumes that Tommie shoved Bambi into the oven? What is happening in my fourth- or fifth-favorite soap strip?

Can you even buy venison in a grocery store? It would have to be FDA-approved, which means that it couldn't be wild-hunted, it'd have to be farmed. :psyduck: This whole storyline is so odd.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Guess who's the next contestant on "Suicide by Cop"...

I laughed like an idiot at this. :smith:

Tiggum posted:

Crankshaft

Yep, guess who just had a heart attack. Great way to start the week, Funky Myocardial Infarctionbean.

Let's see what's up in Jane's World

:stare: Right.

Non Sequitur

Alright Cap'n Eddie! :krad: And, :wtf: *is* a "polar vortex"? Whatever happened to "strong cold front"? Kids these days.. :corsair:

Heavenly Nostrils is still yesterday's.

drat.. Kliban is still Friday's.

But, there is always 9 Chickweed Lane 2/24/2003...

Which really, seriously, deserves the hallowed :ughh:

Zits

M'lady.

Kevin & Kell

poo poo, just get on with it.

Nemi

:v:

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

It's an edit. A funny one.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac violates your personal space.

The Creeps personalizes your violation space.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Fred Basset

There is, in the car, a dog.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Fred Basset

Someone Red and Rover this one for me.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Marmaduke circa 1968

Mike du Jour

scarycave posted:

The dog is in the car, but due to comics logic his owner can't see him until the last panel.

Effectively, old people like quaint comics and a dog doing dog things meets this minimum expectation.

If you aren't at least 55, you cannot genuinely enjoy Fred Basset and must enjoy it ironically; this is a fact.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 24, 2014

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

scarycave posted:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 6, 1926)

Peanuts (February 27, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo (February 27, 1956)

Out Our Way (July 4-5, 1924)

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- The Fingerpoli researchers want to lengthen careers
- It won't hurt
- Get lost or I'll kill you with my mind

ura career
uria careers
Uria Uri (obj.)

Fok_It

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbiting_Carbon_Observatory

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Please, no more.

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Comic Strip Megathread XV: This shore defended only by the king's jester and two yokels

I've said as much before, I didn't think I'd enjoy this comic as much as I do. "Who volunteers to pose as a barely defended King Arthur in front of 20,000 saxons? Come on, who volunteers? Alright, make it easy for you - whoever wants to volunteer, jingle the bells on your hat!"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Come on, Bernice. The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have prom.

Apartment 3-G already got posted! :)

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Quincy

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Thanks to state-controlled media, there's no shortage of Russian articles and photos regarding Putin being a badass. In a James Bond villain way.

This strip's concept of McConaughey is out of date. He's moved from beefcake to serious actor. If he takes off his shirt it's to demonstrate the scary amount of weight lost for the roll.

scarycave posted:

Pork Lift posted:

It's an edit. A funny one.

First Loomus in a while

I don't get another Berger & Wyse, 5 minutes till Tiggum points out why I'm thick.

Tom Gauld

Rarebit Fiend

Momma

Momma's relationships with her children are unhealthy imho.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Get these Artificial Dog Comix out of my sight!

Figured it out yet?

Ballard Street

In the bottom corner there's a little wind-up version of Trooper. I would buy one of those in a heartbeat.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Does anyone have the original Red and Rover strips that spawned the idea of "Red and Rovering" something? I want to show someone just how terrible that week or so of strips was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Annette Funicello is possibly best known as a former member of the Mickey Mouse Club.

Vegetarianism experienced an up-swing in popularity in the mid-'80s, right? Any notable celebrities who spoke in favor of it?

Calvin And Hobbes

C&H: Enriching vocabularies!

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

I don't know what Free Range's premise is, and the blurb doesn't do much to explain it.

"Award-winning cartoonist Bill Whitehead created Free Range with the support of his wife and three children. A Midwestern resident, he's proud of the Free Range strip and hopes that you continue to enjoy it as well. Truly free range, this comic strip is gluten-free."

Freshly Squeezed is about a family which is joined by the wife's parents, creating some zany situations that help them learn to love and laugh!

• Locked thread