Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Praetorian Mage posted:

Sky UI has its own favorites menu now, so that might be why the other favorites mods haven't been updated lately. Personally, I still prefer Categorized Favorites.

Yeah, the SkyUI one is good, i aspecially like the outfit slots, but it's just too small.

Scyantific posted:

Try using CFM - Oni Edition. It comes with an INI file that you can edit to add in whatever you need.

Thanks, i'll look into it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Scyantific posted:

Try using CFM - Oni Edition. It comes with an INI file that you can edit to add in whatever you need.

Seconding this, it's the one I'm using and it's fantastic. It does seem to play a bit funky with Better Sorting though, I'm getting some spells grouped under "uncategorized" because Better Sorting changes the names, but for the most part it does the trick.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I installed basically all the recommended mods except graphics ones since my computer sucks, and now Skyrim turns my entire computer off randomly after about twenty minutes. Has anyone had that happen? My suspect is overheating since my computer sucks, but I had played it a lot previously without mods and never had an issue so thought I'd ask. Plus other stressful games haven't done this, only Skyrim.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

I installed basically all the recommended mods except graphics ones since my computer sucks, and now Skyrim turns my entire computer off randomly after about twenty minutes. Has anyone had that happen? My suspect is overheating since my computer sucks, but I had played it a lot previously without mods and never had an issue so thought I'd ask. Plus other stressful games haven't done this, only Skyrim.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6491/
run that ^ and see what happens

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
Hey, I'm having some wierd issue with ENB where the sun rays show through objects, mountains, whatever. Is there a workaround for that? I've investigated but all I can find are old posts saying to roll back to NVidia 314.xx drivers. The changelog for ENB says he fixed the issue with 320.xx and later awhile back...

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

MindSet posted:

Hey, I'm having some wierd issue with ENB where the sun rays show through objects, mountains, whatever. Is there a workaround for that? I've investigated but all I can find are old posts saying to roll back to NVidia 314.xx drivers. The changelog for ENB says he fixed the issue with 320.xx and later awhile back...

A friend of mine who had a similar problem recommends you find or add "bFloatPointRenderTarget = 1" into SkyrimPrefs.ini and/or Skyrim.ini, though I can't speak to that myself as I don't use ENB.

I'm having another modding problem: I'm trying to add Nazeem into the Brawling system for Skyrim to act as the trigger for recruiting him, but Skyrim isn't playing along. I added him to the Favor017 faction, I added copies of the dialog prompts in Favor017 unique to him in, I went into DGIntimidate and made a copy of the victory dialog for him, but no dice - absolutely none of that shows up when I speak to him in game. What's the deal? I hope this doesn't trigger bad memories of dealing with the brawl bug, Seorin.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

The Mad Archivist posted:

A friend of mine who had a similar problem recommends you find or add "bFloatPointRenderTarget = 1" into SkyrimPrefs.ini and/or Skyrim.ini, though I can't speak to that myself as I don't use ENB.

I'm having another modding problem: I'm trying to add Nazeem into the Brawling system for Skyrim to act as the trigger for recruiting him, but Skyrim isn't playing along. I added him to the Favor017 faction, I added copies of the dialog prompts in Favor017 unique to him in, I went into DGIntimidate and made a copy of the victory dialog for him, but no dice - absolutely none of that shows up when I speak to him in game. What's the deal? I hope this doesn't trigger bad memories of dealing with the brawl bug, Seorin.

Turns out I didn't know there was a MO ini file stashed away. using the ini editor in MO fixed it!

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Is there a compiled list of all Falskaar/Wyrmstooth compatibility patches anywhere?
Because I found these mods have installing all my other mods and trawling through the nexus pages for 330 mods to see if they need compatibility patches for Falskaar/Wyrmstooth doesn't sound like a great deal of fun.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Nova88 posted:

Trawling through the nexus pages for 330 mods to see if they need compatibility patches for Falskaar/Wyrmstooth doesn't sound like a great deal of fun.

Falskaar isn't fun either so you're safe. Can't speak for wyrmstooth

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nova88 posted:

Is there a compiled list of all Falskaar/Wyrmstooth compatibility patches anywhere?
Because I found these mods have installing all my other mods and trawling through the nexus pages for 330 mods to see if they need compatibility patches for Falskaar/Wyrmstooth doesn't sound like a great deal of fun.

Just doing a file name search on Falskaar or Wyrmstooth should bring up any of the major ones you might need - on both I only get one page of results for either. Half are translations but it's hardly an insurmountable task. From my experience BOSS also knows to look for and sort them.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 23, 2014

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Is the .ini I need to edit to turn off mouse acceleration in the mod organiser profile folder?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rabhadh posted:

Is the .ini I need to edit to turn off mouse acceleration in the mod organiser profile folder?

Yes. If you are using MO you have to make the changes in your profile's INI file for them to take effect.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Scyantific posted:

Yes. If you are using MO you have to make the changes in your profile's INI file for them to take effect.

Is this true if I had already modified my .ini before messing with MO? If so I think that explains what's going on in my game as well.

Turns out that, yes, this was why my game was running so terribly. However, now my new problem is that something in my .ini is causing the screen to stay black once everything loads. I can hear things, but can't see anything, more, or take actions.

Overemotional Robot fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 23, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Overemotional Robot posted:

Is this true if I had already modified my .ini before messing with MO? If so I think that explains what's going on in my game as well.

Turns out that, yes, this was why my game was running so terribly. However, now my new problem is that something in my .ini is causing the screen to stay black once everything loads. I can hear things, but can't see anything, more, or take actions.

Something tells me that's an ENB issue

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Overemotional Robot posted:

It's the new Falmer role play mod.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

It was some crazy poo poo that I had in skyrim.ini that was doing it. As soon as I got rid of that it was fixed. Are there premade .ini files floating around out there that I could use and tweak? I've followed all kinds of guides but I still can't hit that sweet spot.

BeerMarket
Feb 5, 2014

I haven't seen much posted about Requiem so I thought I'd comment on it after using it for my latest play through. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an experience which strays pretty far from the standard Bethesda formula. The basic gist is that most enemies wont level with you. This makes the early levels incredibly deadly. Fighting a dragon at level one would be a death sentence. It does truly establish a sense of accomplishment though, and leveling up feels very powerful because of how the perks have been changed. Unless you level up a perk in a specific skill you will be useless at that task. So if you haven't unlocked any perks for alchemy, all of your potions will be worthless. It adds some importance to leveling, as your choice of perk becomes a pretty large decision -- especially early on when leveling comes more quickly. If you invest in the wrong perks and attributes you may well be unable to compete in the wild. The mod is unforgiving in that aspect. Wrong perks? Sorry, your fault.

It seems that a lot of people are fans of SPERG which is a great mod. If you want to keep a more vanilla experience I would recommend SPERG in a heartbeat. However, if you're looking to change up the core game and experience a whole new play-through I would definitely give Requiem a try. There are some companion mods that work well with it listed below:

LocationalDamage
TouringCarriages (Adds an immersion factory)
Realistic Diseases and Needs (Another Immersion Mod)

A tatse of Requiem (Youtube review)

BeerMarket fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 24, 2014

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I'd like Requiem more if it made a reasonable effort to actually have safer and more dangerous areas, instead of putting level 25+ bandits on the main roads between settlements.

As it is, I've started a game in it twice, and quit within a level or two both times.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

isoku, of Wet and Cold fame, has pushed out iNeed, a basic needs mod. looks pretty interesting, to say the least. He did some good work with Wet and Cold, as well as Realistic Water Two, so expect the same level of quality. And speaking of Wet and Cold, he also pushed out an add-on to Wet and Cold that deals with Holidays.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Strudel Man posted:

I'd like Requiem more if it made a reasonable effort to actually have safer and more dangerous areas, instead of putting level 25+ bandits on the main roads between settlements.

As it is, I've started a game in it twice, and quit within a level or two both times.

Yeah, it makes perks and equipment powerful by making the player suck at every opportunity. Couldn't stand how the guy obfuscated a bunch of stuff because of ~immersion~. It's not immersive to hide numbers, just tell me what your perks loving do. :argh:

Did like the economy changes and gold weight stuff though. Made me think about my money management a lot more.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

BeerMarket posted:

Unless you level up a perk in a specific skill you will be useless at that task.

I like that idea. Haven't felt the need to stray beyond SPERG as my only major overhaul but I might try that sometime. As it is, I've made combat pretty challenging by bumping up the difficulty beyond what I normally do and venturing into dangerous areas at a low level, and using a combination of Locational Damage, Deadly Combat, Battle Fatigue and Injuries, mods that don't let potions heal instantaneously as well as a pouch mod that stores potions separately and sheathes your weapon when you use them, forcing you to put some distance between you and your enemy before using potions; and Immersive First-Person View, which makes the actual mechanics of combat feel more like controlling a physical body and less like a floating sword and shield on a swivel. Fights are fast and frantic and I have to strategically retreat often, and I feel like combat is something I as the player will have to get better at rather than just watching numbers attached to my character get bigger.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Scyantific posted:

isoku, of Wet and Cold fame, has pushed out iNeed, a basic needs mod. looks pretty interesting, to say the least. He did some good work with Wet and Cold, as well as Realistic Water Two, so expect the same level of quality. And speaking of Wet and Cold, he also pushed out an add-on to Wet and Cold that deals with Holidays.

This looks like probably the best "requirements" needs mod, but to be honest I realized something anot to long ago, that most of the reason I was using needs mods was to make food and drink not utterly worthless. The actual mods though always just ended up being a chore I suffered through even though I didn't really like them. Then I found [url= http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5877/]Gromits Food n Drink[/url] which had solved both of those problems.

It makes food and drink very effective and useful to use and collect (without being overpowered) and at the same time doesn't irritate or nag me constantly if I forget about it out just don't want to use it. Check it out.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Another vote for Gromits - I use it with Phitt's Alchemy mod and the patch and it is great.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51062/

There's a mod that makes Heimskr speak backwards. I'm thinking this is a must-have.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Crazy Ted posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51062/

There's a mod that makes Heimskr speak backwards. I'm thinking this is a must-have.

Haha, this needs to be integrated into the Heimskr follower mod. Pretty please.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

I'm not sure if this happens with other followers, but every time Anska summons a fire atronach it always leads to one of my other followers getting into a big fight with it (because they get hit with a fireball or something).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you have Hearthfire and want to improve the original 5 houses, here's a group of themed mods by the same author that aim to improve the 5 houses by adding in Hearthfire goodies.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Scyantific posted:

If you have Hearthfire and want to improve the original 5 houses, here's a group of themed mods by the same author that aim to improve the 5 houses by adding in Hearthfire goodies.
I'll throw in for these as I've been using them and they're pretty good. A little busy and overwrought sometimes, but they generally stay within the the original building footprints (except for Breezehome, which gets a basement and a small tower) and manage to look lived-in rather than ostentatious. They look fairly in line with Riverside Lodge.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

This is pretty great. I was just thinking the other day how I wish there was a way to make food and sleeping actually worthwhile, but not without all the tedious stuff RND adds (to think that's one of the less annoying needs mods) and this basically does it. It is more or less FNV's hardcore mode for Skyrim.

I want to try out the new Wet and Cold stuff but that seems best to put off for a new save.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Mad Archivist posted:

Finally figured it out: I was missing a single dialogue and it was causing the entire system to not start. Finally tracked it down, and everything is now running smoothly, though now I'm going to have to make compatibility patches for the different major follower mods.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Scyantific posted:

Cool, big fan of mods that integrate the dlc

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm trying to give myself the level 60+ version of Miraak's sword, but I'm struggling with the console command. I'm using player.additem 01039FB4 01 in the tilde menu, but no matter the variation I use I keep getting 'compiled script not saved' and I'm not receiving anything. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm trying to give myself the level 60+ version of Miraak's sword, but I'm struggling with the console command. I'm using player.additem 01039FB4 01 in the tilde menu, but no matter the variation I use I keep getting 'compiled script not saved' and I'm not receiving anything. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

The form id for that sword is XX039fb4. Substitute XX with Dragonborn's position in your loadorder in hexadecimal, Skyrim.esm starts with 00.
The number you use for the ammount of items you want added doesn't need leading zeros. Also be sure you have't accidently put a tilde in front the command you're typing.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
To find the form id of a item while ingame use the "help" command. Like this "help "Miraak's Sword" 4", really good for finding items from the base game, dlc's, mods, factions and everything else.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Raygereio posted:

The form id for that sword is XX039fb4. Substitute XX with Dragonborn's position in your loadorder in hexadecimal, Skyrim.esm starts with 00.
The number you use for the ammount of items you want added doesn't need leading zeros. Also be sure you have't accidently put a tilde in front the command you're typing.

Oh goddamn, I had no idea the XX was that specific. None of the stuff I read about it went into that much detail, so problem solved! Thanks guys.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
I don't understand why so many awesome armors, weapons, and mounts that look like they took a long time to create are lazily put into a chest in front of Whiterun stables or Windhelm. It wouldn't be that hard to put it out into the world space next to a boss monster in a far away location. Or maybe have some random NPC tell you about it when you hit a certain experience level. Now I would probably take the saber tooth cat mount and put it up in the mountains guarded by other high level cats. After climbing up the mountain, you beat the boss cat, then you get to keep him as a mount. I'm sure most people would want that, but loving nexus would probably ban you for taking a cool looking thing and actually adding some game play to it.

Nah, gently caress it. I'm going to go to Whiterun stables, play my gay flute, and ride around on my epic sabertooth *posts over saturated, over bloomed, and blurry ENB pictures of cat with black bars cropping the frame because that's how the nexus Skyrims.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Aesir armor set and dungeon is a great example of what you seek. You have to be level 25 to survive, and kill a lot of ghosts. Also, it's all the way in the north, between the end of the world and Solitude.

Highly recommended.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Its even worse thatn that because there is a perfect way to integrate all your new armor/weapons into the game that does not rely on hand placing, learning how to do leveled lists or adding it as a reward for a (new) dungeon/quest. Just make it craftable!

Ideally use two or more of the above approaches but if you can't/don't want to just add it to the forge under the appropriate categories. .

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

LoonShia posted:

The Aesir armor set and dungeon is a great example of what you seek. You have to be level 25 to survive, and kill a lot of ghosts. Also, it's all the way in the north, between the end of the world and Solitude.

Highly recommended.

Great! If there are any more recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm really looking for a quest do mid game or near end game that replace the standard horse mount with one that goes faster or have nice abilities. Something that does it in a way that feels like I earned it and not just putting all this cool stuff in Riverwood of all places. I am about to start a new game and I would rather not have all this stuff openly available at the start.

I really want to install this mod Blaze Of Eventide, I however am turned off that it is the result of reading a book that you can only locate by reading about the location in the mod readme. In fact I will not install it even though it looks like it is one of the most well crafted mounts on the nexus.

I can easily find a mod that I am looking for like this on the oblivion nexus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

joats posted:

Great! If there are any more recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm really looking for a quest do mid game or near end game that replace the standard horse mount with one that goes faster or have nice abilities.
Is the assassins guild demon horse not faster than regular mounts?

• Locked thread