Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

It's honestly to the point where it's a shame they already dressed Gwen up in the clothes she died in for this movie because they could make like 10 of these movies with increasingly elaborate teases to her dying and I would never get tired of it.

The poster for Amazing Spider-Man 3 will just be a take on this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

Is the black kid next to Robbie that cat burglar that helps prove Parker isn't Spider-Man to Flash at a party? I'm surprised Peter cares so much.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Wow, that's what Harry Osborn looks like in the comics? Weird hair aside, casting Andrew from Chronicle was a smart move.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

Is the black kid next to Robbie that cat burglar that helps prove Parker isn't Spider-Man to Flash at a party? I'm surprised Peter cares so much.

That's Randy, Robbie's son.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Yoshifan823 posted:

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Aces High posted:

I guess they really are gonna try to bridge the game universe and the film universe :haw:

It would be somewhat nice for some references to the poo poo that hit the fan in that game. Because drat, New York got hosed up there.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wade Wilson posted:

It would be somewhat nice for some references to the poo poo that hit the fan in that game. Because drat, New York got hosed up there.

Despite all their big talk about the game being canon, and nothing contradicting anything else, Rhino being in this movie throws all that right out the window.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The in game rhino was a literal rhino mutated to be human like (with the help of some black liquid that may or may not be Venom), so technically they could still coexist.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Strange Matter posted:

Wow, that's what Harry Osborn looks like in the comics? Weird hair aside, casting Andrew from Chronicle was a smart move.

Last time I checked Harry changed his appearance into Walter White.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Some flawless clips in this preview featurette. Spoilerish beginning ~1:30.

So much of this film might very well suck but so much of it is just going to be wonderful.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BrianWilly posted:

So much of this film might very well suck but so much of it is just going to be wonderful.

Ugh, this movie cannot come soon enough.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
All of that looked awesome, especially the oops part at the end.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
"I'm moving to England."
Well, she's dead.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
In it for that minimart scene alone.

"I'm Spidderban."

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Seriously Peter's banter with (anyone) is worth ticket price alone. I love it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Chickenfrogman posted:

"I'm moving to England."
Well, she's dead.

That, or some sort of long-distance relationship drama, which I could really do without.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I know it's not a new scene but Gwen yelling "Peter!" and then putting her hand on her mouth is just like the perfect tone for this. I love it.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Two more things after watching that little clippit again:

1). Andrew Garfield sounds weird when he talks normally. I'm so used to hearing him speak with an American accent (Social Network and Spider-Man) that hearing his natural accent just sounds so unnatural. Same thing as hearing Hugh Laurie speak with his native accent.

2). I've discovered what makes Emma Stone such a great/funny actress: Her face. She's got these big eyes that allow her to emote really well, and she's not afraid to look a little goofy when the scene needs it, like the graduation bit with the "sirens?!" or the angry "PETER!" followed by her covering her mouth.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
As someone who loved ASM, this looks pretty terrific. I've said it before but the actors are just so darned good in their respective roles already and now they've added Jamie Foxx and Paul Giamatti who are both almost always great. Looks like they've cleaned up the CGi some too and, of course, enough can't be said about how loving good Spiderman's costume looks.

I think I need to go into blackout mode now though since I already feel like I've seen too much but I can't imagine how they could gently caress this up.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Awwww I never would've thought another Spider-Man property would have him speak with any kind of illness-related impediment after Spectacular Spider-Man did it so well :3:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aces High posted:

Awwww I never would've thought another Spider-Man property would have him speak with any kind of illness-related impediment after Spectacular Spider-Man did it so well :3:

Between that and Electro's eel-related origin it feels like someone on this movie liked that show an awful lot.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Between that and Electro's eel-related origin it feels like someone on this movie liked that show an awful lot.

Also having most of his villains be Oscorp experiments (including the Vulture and Ock tease), and Harry being the Goblin first

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

This movie is going to be insane.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Coffee And Pie posted:

Is it just me, or does Dane DeHaan look kinda like Williem Dafoe in that picture?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

umalt posted:

Is it just me, or does Dane DeHaan look kinda like Williem Dafoe in that picture?

It's not just you. I will always be butthurt that they didn't just paint up Dafoe's face.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Solving the problem of the GG mask looking retarded in live action by just casting a guy who looks like a weird Goblin thing without a mask. Brilliant.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Coffee And Pie posted:

Wow I really like this actor and I had no clue who I was looking at in this pic. So that's Goblin IN THE SUIT.(I thought GG would get hinted at but not actually a villain this time around) Electro IN THE SUIT. Rhino IN THE SUIT. Peter Parker secret subway origins. And of course relationship drama. How are they going to fit all this into one movie?? He's going to be backflip-dodging Brinks trucks and smacking guys with manhole covers for 2 hours straight.

I was super critical of making a new Spiderman franchise so quickly after the last, but it seems like they made the right choice.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

Wow I really like this actor and I had no clue who I was looking at in this pic. So that's Goblin IN THE SUIT.(I thought GG would get hinted at but not actually a villain this time around) Electro IN THE SUIT. Rhino IN THE SUIT. Peter Parker secret subway origins. And of course relationship drama. How are they going to fit all this into one movie?? He's going to be backflip-dodging Brinks trucks and smacking guys with manhole covers for 2 hours straight.

I was super critical of making a new Spiderman franchise so quickly after the last, but it seems like they made the right choice.

Rhino will be in two scenes at most, one as just Paul Giamatti in a truck, one as the Rhino later on. Harry won't suit up until the very end, probably after both Electro and Rhino fail to kill Spidey. That's my guess anyway.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Fitting a whole bunch of villains into a movie is doable it would just mean not doing the typical superhero movie thing where the villain arc takes up half of the movie.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
So the background to that pic looks a lot like the pulley mechanism for a cable car. I know that in the comics Gwen was thrown off of the George Washington Bridge, buuuut....

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Yoshifan823 posted:

Ugh, this movie cannot come soon enough.

Let's just say I'll be the one who won't be able to resist "coming soon enough" when this is finally released

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

2). I've discovered what makes Emma Stone such a great/funny actress: Her face. She's got these big eyes that allow her to emote really well, and she's not afraid to look a little goofy when the scene needs it, like the graduation bit with the "sirens?!" or the angry "PETER!" followed by her covering her mouth.

She's a bit of a chameleon

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Olibu posted:

She's a bit of a chameleon

GodDAMN :swoon:

Ahem, anyway, I was pretty skeptical they could pull off all the ambitious stuff the trailers promised and still make a coherant narrative, but the more I see of this film, the more I want to believe it's all going to work out. Great cast, humor looks on point and that fukken costume! :hellyeah:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

I'm loving the fact that it looks like Spider-man is going to do the go to a convention in full costume, pretend to be spider-man, oh wait he is spider-man gag.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
drat Rhino's actually really big. I thought it was closer to a 1:1 mech suit.

Lookit dat tiny Giamatti head

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Edit: Picture was already posted, my bad.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

drat Rhino's actually really big. I thought it was closer to a 1:1 mech suit.

Lookit dat tiny Giamatti head

Relevant pre-CG pic

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Seeing those side by side made my night.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsTr1mjNOBs

:gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way