Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barono
May 6, 2007

Rich in irony and most satirical

goatface posted:

No? They're Con 2, 15 gems Earth 3, but they only provide a fixed 2 gem discount.

Total, not per path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Turin Turambar posted:

Baam. Caelum archers are sacred.

Where did you find this? I started a single player game to play around with this, but no dice.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Donkringel posted:

Where did you find this? I started a single player game to play around with this, but no dice.

http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/dom4log.html

That will be in the next patch whenever it comes.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

Why is everyone talking about dwarven hammers I thought they were made Conj 8 unique in Dom4.
You're thinking of Dom 3 CBM.

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

Is there a list somewhere of what Global Enchantments work correctly for Disciples games and which don't? Someone had mentioned before that maybe there were some bugs there. I'm in a Disciples game right now where Gift of Health appears not to be working for the rest of my team when I cast it as a Disciple however someone else on our team, also a Disciple, just cast Forge of the Ancients and we're all getting both effects from it just fine.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The same patch that gives Caelum some sacred archers also removes the bug that makes flaming arrows/weapons so strong. The fire damage will now only happen if they arrows themselves did damage. Even then, fire bless is only 6 AP damage, so your target needs to be more or less naked to notice.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

dis astranagant posted:

6 AP damage, so your target needs to be more or less naked to notice.

Are there any nations with archers that also have good fire and earth access (for destruction)? Ulm has those arbalests, but three rounds kind of sucks.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

amuayse posted:

Are there any nations with archers that also have good fire and earth access (for destruction)? Ulm has those arbalests, but three rounds kind of sucks.

Maybe Vanarus? I can't remember how good their earth and fire skills are, specifically, but they have archers and an incredibly diverse spectrum of magic.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

dis astranagant posted:

The same patch that gives Caelum some sacred archers also removes the bug that makes flaming arrows/weapons so strong. The fire damage will now only happen if they arrows themselves did damage. Even then, fire bless is only 6 AP damage, so your target needs to be more or less naked to notice.

Wait, does this include the spell or just the f9 bless? Don't make my archers useless again illwinter :negative:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

amuayse posted:

LA Agartha?
Or if you find Crystal Amazons as EA Agartha

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Rock some giant greatbow archers with ashdod or whoever gets them. Plenty of e2 and f2

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Turin Turambar posted:

Baam. Caelum archers are sacred.

"Stop playing Caelum," they said.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
So what you're telling me is that I have a choice between fire once every three turns arbalests, ridiculously resource costly giant archers, or expensive shot putters that can't hit anything?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yomi, Shinuyama and Machaka all have fire mages and cheap bows. The update will make them much less effective against armor and sparse formations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

amuayse posted:

EA Machaka has F3 (up to F4 with 10%) and E3 casters and 3 different flavors of cheap archers.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

Wait, does this include the spell or just the f9 bless? Don't make my archers useless again illwinter :negative:

The text says "Fire and death bless arrows now requires a hit to take effect", so the bless.

FnF
Apr 10, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

So this is really a crossbow buff?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

Are there any nations with archers that also have good fire and earth access (for destruction)?
MA Man.

I'm guessing the F9/D9 fix also affects Flaming Arrows, since they're all secondary weapon effects on ranged units. Before, they'd punch through Arrow Fend. Still gutted about there being no W4 Cold Arrows which do broadly the same as Flaming Arrows but with some numbness instead of the chance of stuff going on fire, so Caelum has a way to keep its shortbows relevant. Then again, they might get a whole bunch of new units, who knows.

This isn't so much a crossbow buff as a generalised non-prec 100 ranged attack. Crossbows are affected by this stuff to the same degree as other units, especially since they're now (relatively) even more dangerous to your own troops if you aren't casting Arrow Fend yourself.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I wonder, are Abyssians good guys or bad guys in the grand scheme of things?

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

amuayse posted:

Are there any good guys in this game? I guess Maringon has a chivalrous knight thing going on...at least until they make a deal with the devil and start rounding people up for blood sacrifice, and it honestly seems like every single country in the late era has either declined significantly and/or been plagued/cursed/tempted by dark magic.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

amuayse posted:

From the manual

quote:

Abysia
Abysia does not have any clear inspirational sources. Malign devil-worshiping empires of the fantasy genre combined with some ancient Middle Eastern concepts, perhaps. Think of great temple ziggurats
adorned with ever-burning braziers fed with still-beating hearts in pompous ceremonies, witnessed by a cowed populace of slaves and smoldering Abysian rulers. Imagine magma-lit caverns filled with
screams, roars, and fleeting shadows. With blood sacrifices being part of the official state cult it might be considered an evil nation, but itis sprung from elemental forces, and only under infernal influence and ignorance does the kingdom turn to evil. It is a tragic nation with a proud heritage, and dilution of their magic – perhaps due to temptation by infernal forces – leads it to embrace blood sacrifice.

The race itself isn't evil, but the nation turned to it with time. Slaves, devil worship, human sacrifices.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Jabarto posted:

Are there any good guys in this game? I guess Maringon has a chivalrous knight thing going on...at least until they make a deal with the devil and start rounding people up for blood sacrifice, and it honestly seems like every single country in the late era has either declined significantly and/or been plagued/cursed/tempted by dark magic.

Man? They are 'Arthurian'.

Arcoscephele, maybe.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The underwater nations are pretty benign except for R'lyeh. The worse that Atlantis does is kidnap kids so that they can become wizards.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Pythium has kind of a funky optimistic roman thing going so they certainly could be worse. EA is certainly the worse they get but it's essentially a different nation entirely then.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Jabarto posted:

Are there any good guys in this game?

From a modern irl perspective I'd say independent provinces are the only theoretical good guys in dominions. Every playable nation is led by a monstrous god that wants to achieve absolute power at the cost of many thousands of lives

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Man, Arcoscephale, LA Jomon and T'ien Chi seems like they're all right. MA Pythium seems all right too. Most of the others definitely have the dark temptations thing going on, and almost all of them have some form of decline. The monkeys are the only ones who seem to stay pretty much the exact same through all the ages.

But otherwise, it's entirely this:

Flavahbeast posted:

From a modern irl perspective I'd say independent provinces are the only theoretical good guys in dominions. Every playable nation is led by a monstrous god that wants to achieve absolute power at the cost of many thousands of lives

Chumppell fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 23, 2014

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
But all I want to do is cast Gift of Growth and Nature's Bounty :(

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.
Dont forget MA Mictlan still has the slavery thing going on, even if blood magic/sacrifice was abolished.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Be proud to support our nation's demons!

amuayse fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 23, 2014

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I know I'm probably missing something and the answer will make me feel stupid, but what do you do when your prophet gets killed?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I know I'm probably missing something and the answer will make me feel stupid, but what do you do when your prophet gets killed?

Wait a few months until you can make a new one.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Man so i had no idea that Call the Worm that Walks is UNBELIEVABLY powerful

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

I Love You! posted:

Man so i had no idea that Call the Worm that Walks is UNBELIEVABLY powerful
Is it?

I always found the mage you get kinda underwhelming, do they have some kind of incredible second form?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

jBrereton posted:

Is it?

I always found the mage you get kinda underwhelming, do they have some kind of incredible second form?

They freespawn large quantities of bugs in battle constantly starting with autosummon at the beginning of combat, respawn in a random part of the map constantly when they die (and then start spawning bugs which totally ruins enemy scripting), invuln + tons of resists and reinvig/regen, totally ruin enemy ranged and spellcasting and create constant crappy tanks, etc etc etc

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Well the mod inspector says its Invulnerable (25), Immortal, slash and pierce resistant, and has something called "Chance to reform when killed: 75%"

Not sure what that means exactly but he seems like a pretty tough cookie.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Is it?

They are delicious aggravators. Great on home defense when fighting back aggressors with poor dom spread. Just suicide them to your hearts content.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Gamersgate has the game discounted
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DOM4TA/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascension

Just in case you want to gift it to some friend...

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

How are u posted:

Well the mod inspector says its Invulnerable (25), Immortal, slash and pierce resistant, and has something called "Chance to reform when killed: 75%"

Not sure what that means exactly but he seems like a pretty tough cookie.

Unlike normal Immortal things when they're killed in battle there's a 75% chance they will reform at full hp in a random location and keep on trucking. On average you need to kill a Worm that Walks 4 times before it stops coming back and if it was in friendly dom then it just respawned in the cap anyway.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Neruz posted:

Unlike normal Immortal things when they're killed in battle there's a 75% chance they will reform at full hp in a random location and keep on trucking. On average you need to kill a Worm that Walks 4 times before it stops coming back and if it was in friendly dom then it just respawned in the cap anyway.

And they respawn in battle with bugs. Sometimes in the middle of enemy mages or archers. Enemy scripting goes NUTS

edit: also they can get the "Lost Head" affliction which has pretty much 0 impact on them whatsoever since they already have blindsight

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

I Love You! posted:

And they respawn in battle with bugs. Sometimes in the middle of enemy mages or archers. Enemy scripting goes NUTS

Yeah the effect ten or so Worms that Walk positioned at the fore of your forces has on an orderly enemy formation is pretty impressive.

• Locked thread