Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Doltos posted:

I swear to God if I see one more post about rape in this thread I'm going to start posting about WR depth.

What's this about rape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Toymachine posted:

Speaking of which Taylor Lewan is a piece of poo poo like Shembo.

Lewan's buddy and roommate at Michigan raped a girl, then Lewan called her and threatened to rape her again himself if she didn't drop the charges.

Lewan's a loving goon, but let's not compare a delusional idiot teammate to a loving actual rapist.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Volkerball posted:

The Redskins aren't smart. That's why they'll get offered a 2nd from the Texans and be like naaaah.

lol

If someone offers a 2nd for Kirk Cousins he's gone. The only reason he's still around is because they haven't gotten that kind of an offer.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

smuggler posted:

Lewan's a loving goon, but let's not compare a delusional idiot teammate to a loving actual rapist.

Actually, since he threatened to rape a girl, I think that's a pretty valid comparison!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
SoE has a really good piece on Robinson and his trip to the combine.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/68258092/auburn-tackle-greg-robinson-was-solid-at-the-nfl-combine

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Redskins take a second yesterday for cousins but he's worth a second like Derek Anderson was worth a first. Nope.

Try a 6

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

When Cousins started those three games last season he looked like a backup in two* of them. Shocker.

*The good game was against the Falcons.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

Actually, since he threatened to rape a girl, I think that's a pretty valid comparison!

I guess in the same way it's valid to compare like Charlie Sheen or Justin Beiber to George Zimmerman.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'd say Lewan is more like Brian Kelly than Prince Shembo.

Either way, it'd be nice to get through a portion of the thread where every time someone who has done very bad things gets mentioned the next 15 posts are just various ways of saying the bad thing he did.

Lewan is a piece of poo poo, no doubt about it, but making GBS threads up the draft thread with it isn't the answer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Regnevelc posted:

I'd say Lewan is more like Brian Kelly than Prince Shembo.

Either way, it'd be nice to get through a portion of the thread where every time someone who has done very bad things gets mentioned the next 15 posts are just various ways of saying the bad thing he did.

Lewan is a piece of poo poo, no doubt about it, but making GBS threads up the draft thread with it isn't the answer.

It would die but we are an argumentative people.

commy gun posted:

lol

If someone offers a 2nd for Kirk Cousins he's gone. The only reason he's still around is because they haven't gotten that kind of an offer.

Would they take a third? Like a high third? Because I can't remember if he was drafted in the third or fourth.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

smuggler posted:

I guess in the same way it's valid to compare like Charlie Sheen or Justin Beiber to George Zimmerman.

Eh it's more like comparing Jake Long to George Zimmerman

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

CharlestheHammer posted:

It would die but we are an argumentative people.

well actually

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Would they take a third? Like a high third? Because I can't remember if he was drafted in the third or fourth.

He was a 4th round pick. I don't think they settle for a third since he's very valuable as a back up since RG3 can rack up the boo-boos. :(

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Has Jake Long ever threatened to murder someone?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

smuggler posted:

Probably Jeff Ireland at some point

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

commy gun posted:

He was a 4th round pick. I don't think they settle for a third since he's very valuable as a back up since RG3 can rack up the boo-boos. :(

About as valuable as Case Keenum and Matt McGloin.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

smuggler posted:

There's a strong suspicion that the guy who said his rifle is good for shooting black people or Jeff Ireland in the Icnognito text message logs was Long

Although no it was not a serious threat

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I still can't believe how people are rating Cousins. It's a small sample size but whatever he showed against New York should be heavily astericked. He was behind an o-line that couldn't block anything, in the rain, with most of the team not giving a single poo poo. For a backup he looked more than competent.

If the Redskins move him, which they might, I see both sides have equally valid points to trade or keep him, he'd be worth a fourth at least.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

smuggler posted:

Black people in general.

He was joking, I guess but it was weird.

commy gun posted:

You could use it to pick up AJ, an even more solid backup!

Or maybe Boyd!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Doltos posted:

I still can't believe how people are rating Cousins. It's a small sample size but whatever he showed against New York should be heavily astericked. He was behind an o-line that couldn't block anything, in the rain, with most of the team not giving a single poo poo. For a backup he looked more than competent.

If the Redskins move him, which they might, I see both sides have equally valid points to trade or keep him, he'd be worth a fourth at least.

Isn't his INT rate insane for his attempts?

Like one in every 10-15 throws insane?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

1 for every 20 attempts for a 4.9 INT%

Mark Sanchez has a 3.7 INT%

Matt Schaub THIS SEASON had a 3.9 INT%

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

drat Goetta.... you get a gold star.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Goetta posted:

Probably Jeff Ireland at some point

That doesn't really qualify as a negative

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Regnevelc posted:

Isn't his INT rate insane for his attempts?

Like one in every 10-15 throws insane?

One in every 20, same as Eli, Carson, and Geno. Other QBs come close to him as well, give or take 5 attempts.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Intruder posted:

The funny thing is that his "good" season in 2012 was actually over 6% interception rate, but his passer rating looked good because he threw even more touchdowns. Three guesses which one was probably the fluke.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Lol. Eli had a 4.9 this season.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

One in every 20, same as Eli, Carson, and Geno. Other QBs come close to him as well, give or take 5 attempts.

That is not good company.

poor dude.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

Eli is coming off a terrible season. His normal INT% isn't great but it's 3.4

Of course, Cousins is a much smaller sample size as well

The only time he's had a worse TD%, INT% or completion% are his rookie year (and for completion, 2007 which is funny)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think QBs with very small sample sizes are viewed pretty skeptically around the league these days and are probably not that valuable unless a team gets super desperate. Matt Flynn is sort of the poster child for it and Kolb was a pretty big bust as well. Who is the last backup QB like this to move to another team and do really well with a big contract? Schaub?

I am probably missing someone super obvious

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

He seems like a cool dude. I'd love for him to fall to the Bears. I know we need defense, but imagining what Kromer could do with him makes me hard.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is not good company.

poor dude.

It's not but 8 tds and 10 ints over backup duty as a fourth round pick on an organization who focused all of it's attention on the QB picked three rounds in front of you is pretty darn good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Goetta posted:

I think QBs with very small sample sizes are viewed pretty skeptically around the league these days and are probably not that valuable unless a team gets super desperate. Matt Flynn is sort of the poster child for it and Kolb was a pretty big bust as well. Who is the last backup QB like this to move to another team and do really well with a big contract? Schaub?

I am probably missing someone super obvious

Favre :v: (Well ok he wasn't the last one)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Holy poo poo, Flacco's is only 3.6%.

Not bad for worst of his career.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

It's not but 8 tds and 10 ints over backup duty as a fourth round pick on an organization who focused all of it's attention on the QB picked three rounds in front of you is pretty darn good.

No it isn't good. It isn't bad really either, it just isn't anything substantive that makes you want to fork good picks over for.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought the narrative for Flacco was that he fumbles a lot

Goetta posted:

No it isn't good. It isn't bad really either, it just isn't anything substantive that makes you want to fork good picks over for.

It's nothing at all. It's 200 attempts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I refuse to believe enough people care about Flacco for a narrative to form.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
^^^Break Baltimore's rookie QB curse,How does he deal with early success, Can he compete with the best, is he elite, Can he win a superbowl, Superbowl MVP, Can he lead a team
Literally every year Flacco has a New narrative crafted about him in the off-season

Maybe first three years in the league but lately he's been fine in that regard. I think that Troy Polamalu game winning strip sack creates a narrative.

That was the worst birthday ever.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 24, 2014

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Goetta posted:

I mean yeah it's not enough sample size but in the NFL that's really freaking good considering the circumstances. How many backup QBs come in and completely melt down, not even throwing a TD and completely destroying whatever chances the team has of winning? Winning A game in the NFL is usually good enough to get you signed as a potential starter or even sought after in trades.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Haha remember when Buffalo gave Ryan Fitzpatrick $24m guaranteed I almost forgot about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Small Sample Sizes yall, it's what gives the world Flynnsanity.

• Locked thread