Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Don't dis The Wall brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

DeathChicken posted:

Y'know what, that's actually a really cool visual, putting aside the matter of Hogan being able to see hundreds of miles off in the night.

Also the fact that we're supposed to be impressed by a guy taking the stairs to the roof of a building.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Stairs? He climbed the wall, hence his name, brother.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Stairs? He climbed the wall, hence his name, brother.
Spider-Man?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

Spider-Man?

ArachnaDude

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

Russo was never the booker during a Spring Breakout. Thank god, or we may not have gotten this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJzj4DXHYE

Every time I think I've seen all WCW has to offer, new things like this pop up to make my life that much better

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

Every time I think I've seen all WCW has to offer, new things like this pop up to make my life that much better

If you tuned into Tuesday Nitro you'd get to see that twice a week!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Spring Stampede is one of the last good WCW ppvs

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

MassRafTer posted:

If you tuned into Tuesday Nitro you'd get to see that twice a week!

Along with Fabulous Ones music videos.

It's the best.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IronCladBurrito posted:

Along with Fabulous Ones music videos.

It's the best.

There is the possibility that since Uncensored is a special event it might have a new special intro. I fear this may invite the wrath of the Wall faithful out there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

There is the possibility that since Uncensored is a special event it might have a new special intro. I fear this may invite the wrath of the Wall faithful out there.

You can't stop starting shows with that till we get to the bottom of the mystery of who that guy up there is. I think we're getting close to figuring it out from the information provided in the video, even though it is so deliberately vague.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

You can't stop starting shows with that till we get to the bottom of the mystery of who that guy up there is. I think we're getting close to figuring it out from the information provided in the video, even though it is so deliberately vague.

If he wants some, he should go get some :colbert:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Big, BIG, thanks to Obscurus Lupa for letting me know about this.

The year was 1995 and Bash at The Beach was coming up. Our main event Was Hulk Hogan defending the WCW title VS Vader in a steel cage! How did WCW decide to promote it? An episode of Baywatch of course! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVneEZfPwA Complete with footage of their matches from Bash at the Beach to Triumphant music and foley fight sound effects.

Now, you would think Hulk Hogan, The Macho Man and Pamela Anderson saving a local rec center from Ric Flair, Kevin Sullivan and Vader would be an amazing slice of 90's cheese. Well it's not because the episode's B Plot is about a woman getting skin cancer. Seriously, we go from training montages of Macho Man and Hogan set to WCW's knockoff of Real American to a woman having a nervous breakdown while she waits for her biopsy results. From Hogan and Macho Man triumphant over Ric Flair, to a woman crying in David Hasslehoff's arms after hearing that she does indeed have skin cancer.

What the gently caress Baywatch!?

Edit: Also, how do you not put Hulk Hogan AND David Hasslehoff on the same screen when they are ont he same show? Was Hogan's ego THAT big?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 23, 2014

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

Spring Stampede is one of the last good WCW ppvs
I was there, and it was glorious. You can even spot me on the home video at one point, though I'm like, two inches tall on the screen.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hogan only worked one Disney taping while in WCW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yruGtjTsNJ8

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This had to be beyond disgusting to do.

Have you ever stopped and wondered just how much indignity and demoralizing poo poo someone like Torrie Wilson or Stacy Keibler went through from all their years in WCW and WWE? Like if a male wrestler has to compete in a disgusting, dehumanizing, or embarrassing gimmick match or story it stands out. But that's all they did.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!

BigRed0427 posted:

Big, BIG, thanks to Obscurus Lupa for letting me know about this.

The year was 1995 and Bash at The Beach was coming up. Our main event Was Hulk Hogan defending the WCW title VS Vader in a steel cage! How did WCW decide to promote it? An episode of Baywatch of course! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVneEZfPwA Complete with footage of their matches from Bash at the Beach to Triumphant music and foley fight sound effects.

Now, you would think Hulk Hogan, The Macho Man and Pamela Anderson saving a local rec center from Ric Flair, Kevin Sullivan and Vader would be an amazing slice of 90's cheese. Well it's not because the episode's B Plot is about a woman getting skin cancer. Seriously, we go from training montages of Macho Man and Hogan set to WCW's knockoff of Real American to a woman having a nervous breakdown while she waits for her biopsy results. From Hogan and Macho Man triumphant over Ric Flair, to a woman crying in David Hasslehoff's arms after hearing that she does indeed have skin cancer.

What the gently caress Baywatch!?

Edit: Also, how do you not put Hulk Hogan AND David Hasslehoff on the same screen when they are ont he same show? Was Hogan's ego THAT big?

According to Kevin Sullivan on his Timeline WCW episode from KC, the cast of Baywatch legit hated the wrestlers and Hasslehoff double legit hated Hogan. Also, the shoot was supposed to only take a few days but ended up being a couple weeks or something (forget the exact details; point being it dragged on wayyyyyyyy longer than it should have).

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Occupy Japan posted:

According to Kevin Sullivan on his Timeline WCW episode from KC, the cast of Baywatch legit hated the wrestlers and Hasslehoff double legit hated Hogan. Also, the shoot was supposed to only take a few days but ended up being a couple weeks or something (forget the exact details; point being it dragged on wayyyyyyyy longer than it should have).
What happened between the wrestlers and the cast of Baywatch? I guess they were obnoxious but still...

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Have you ever stopped and wondered just how much indignity and demoralizing poo poo someone like Torrie Wilson or Stacy Keibler went through from all their years in WCW and WWE? Like if a male wrestler has to compete in a disgusting, dehumanizing, or embarrassing gimmick match or story it stands out. But that's all they did.

Well in addition to the whole misogyny thing, no small thing itself, it's a pool full of egg nog. I retch just thinking about it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tomorrow night at 8 PM, it's UNCENSORED 97! Uncensored 97 holds a special place in my heart. It's not for any particular match, it is for what happens after the main event. What happens? Let's just say there's a reason people want Sting in the Hall of Fame.

MAIN EVENT

THREE WAY ELIMINATION TAG TEAM MATCH

Team nWo: Hogan, Nash, Hall and Savage

vs

Team WCW: Luger, Giant and The Steiners

vs

Team Piper: This Guy, This Guy, This Guy and Roddy Piper.

Wait no, the Horsemen replaced them, so it's Benoit, Jarrett, Mongo and Piper.

TO BE ELIMINATED A WRESTLER MUST BE PINNED, SUBMIT, OR BE THROWN OVER THE TOP ROPE!

IF TEAM nWo WINS THEY GET A SHOT AT ANY TITLE THEY WANT AT ANY WCW EVENT OF THEIR CHOOSING!

IF TEAM PIPER WINS RODDY PIPER GETS A STEEL CAGE MATCH WITH HOGAN AT AN EVENT OF HIS CHOOSING!

IF TEAM WCW WINS THE nWo VACATES THEIR TITLES AND IS BANNED FROM COMPETITION FOR THREE YEARS!

That's your main event folks. It's a three way, tornado tag team elimination battle royal tag team match with the dumbest stipulations known to man.

Elsewhere on the card...

WCW TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Prince Iaukea (c)

Harlem Heat vs Public Enemy in a TEXAS TORNADO MATCH!

Buff Bagwell vs Scotty Riggs in a STRAP MATCH!

BLOOD RUNS COLD because it is

GLACIER VERSUS MORTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimo Dragon vs Psicosis

WCW UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH

Dean Malenko vs Eddy Guerrero (c)

The dark match vs this event was Ice Train vs Maxx Muscle, so to celebrate on our pre show we will watch two versions of that match from WCW Pro and WCW Worldwide! It's a huge muscle dream match!

It all happens at 8 PM http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

(if you want to watch along on the network you can either select a chat only interface, or mute the stream and chat along with us!)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will be joining you all tomorrow night

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Buff Bagwell followed by Glacier, it's like a dream come true :allears:

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

Numero6 posted:

What happened between the wrestlers and the cast of Baywatch? I guess they were obnoxious but still...

It isn't specified on the shoot - perhaps elsewhere and someone can correct me if I'm wrong - but one can pretty much fill in the blanks with a little common sense speculation. A lot of people viewed wrestling as low brow hillbilly entertainment even when it was white hot in the late 90's and this was the early-mid 90's slump, pre-NWO/pre-Attitude era wrestling at a time when WCW was at its corniest, featuring a well past his sell by date face Hogan, the dude who sells Slim Jims, Ric Flair, and a couple of dudes (Sullivan, Vader) that weren't exactly household names at the time outside of certain areas (Sullivan in Florida, no doubt). Add into that presumably a bunch of ginormous egos, probable unprofessionalism on the part of the wrestlemen and possible drug use or something and you can pretty much see how even David Hasslehoff on a show that most people watched because it had boobs would see it as "beneath him". The entire thing came off like a cheesy-rear end WCW skit e.g. Foley lost in the city, anything with Cheatum the midget, the White Castle of Fear, the Hogan ITS NOT HOT Dungeon of Doom stuff, etc.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Correct me if I'm wrong. But after the nwo won that match at uncensored the only time they challenged for the title was the next night macho man beat the poo poo out of prince iekua and it ended in a dq

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The American Dream posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong. But after the nwo won that match at uncensored the only time they challenged for the title was the next night macho man beat the poo poo out of prince iekua and it ended in a dq

Spoilers man, I thought team WCW was going to win and we'd be rid of the New World ODOR until 2000!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

The American Dream posted:

I remember at least one match where then-US Champion Dean Malenko was challenged by some NWO member to try and get his title, but yeah, it very quickly got forgotten.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

MassRafTer posted:

Spoilers man, I thought team WCW was going to win and we'd be rid of the New World ODOR until 2000!

Wait, isn't that what happened? It came back with Jarrett/Hart/Nash/Hall, right? Right?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Ebaying this.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I loved his stuff in the 80's but the tazmanian devil was just never the same after his two hip replacements. Thanks god spinning around in a tornado has gone the way of the unprotected chairshot to the head.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Cornwind Evil posted:

I remember at least one match where then-US Champion Dean Malenko was challenged by some NWO member to try and get his title, but yeah, it very quickly got forgotten.
I think that was Syxx.

Edit: Thank you Occupy Japan. :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In an hour it's Uncensored time and the Sting era begins!

If you want to watch on the Network and chat along just be aware there will be two short intermission breaks, so keep an eye on the chat so you know when to pause.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
With the WWE Network launched, I am curious: what is considered to be the best PPV that WCW ever produced?

I know AAA When Worlds Collide will be mentioned in an instant, but it's not a WCW ppv.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jake Soo posted:

With the WWE Network launched, I am curious: what is considered to be the best PPV that WCW ever produced?

I know AAA When Worlds Collide will be mentioned in an instant, but it's not a WCW ppv.

Bash at the Beach 2000

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jake Soo posted:

The PPV where Hogan turned (Bash at the Beach 96) is quite good, as is Superbrawl II, and Great American Bash 96. Also, Wrestlewar 89, where Flair and Steamboat had a ***** match is a pretty good show in general.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jake Soo posted:

Great American Bash 89. Perhaps the best PPV of all time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jake Soo posted:

Uncensored 1996 has a ME that will be studied for ages.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Bash at the Beach 2000
I love that show despite being terrible.

Just search for anything with Mysterio or the cruiserweight tag titles. Nitro era WCW did not have a lot of shows with consistently great matches.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

This is the correct answer.

Spring Stampede 94 was also insanely good

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

MassRafTer posted:

Thirding this.

Also, Beach Blast 1992 is pretty good. Sting/Cactus, Rude/Steamboat, Pillman/Raven, and Steiners vs Gordy/Dr. Death.

Edit: I'm probably in the minority, but I much prefer Rick Rude in WCW. There, I said it.

Red fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I actually forgot that Uncensored '97 was a pretty great show. Pretty solid card all around, ME wasn't too terrible despite having 4 pages of rules that Michael Buffer had to read.