Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Thauros posted:

First non first day snafu related complaint with the Network.

I tend to watch video by connecting my laptop to my TV by HDMI. if I maximize the video on my tv, it goes back to standard size whenever I switch focus to my laptop screen. Any way around this? Firefox and OS X user if it matters.

Gr, I was gonna suggest using my clean stream bookmarklet then doing the F11 full screen in firefox, but the way the player is built it doesn't full screen the video :\

Not very familiar with macs so the only thing I can think of (which is monkey-butt ugly) would be to run firefox in a virtual machine then full screen it and maximize the vm on the TV.

I'm sure there are far better solutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Anyone else having troubles just starting the app on their ipad?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dunbar posted:

VOD is busted for me on my iPad and PS3, but I got the WCCW episode to load fine on my PC.

It's busted on PS4 too...except I did get a recent front page PPV to play...but its buffering like crap. Oh well it's to be expected with the launch of something that apparently has borked MLB.

Edit: it's just gotten a lot better with the most recent survivor series.

Seeking and playing too. Quality still looks like SD more than HD though.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 25, 2014

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I got the network up and running on my Roku. Every time I tried to watch a video on my computer at work, the video never would load (poor connection).

Here at home, the VOD will not load (I constantly get connection timed out). Also, the lie stream runs well but I occasionally get it to where it skips back 3 seconds and replays the audio/video.

Is anyone having similar issues?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Seems to be working well on my Apple TV, though it doesn't seem to have the match markers, which is unfortunate.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Nnnnngggh gonna stream so much old wrestling, I can't wait to see my data usage for the upcoming months

First up: IYH 1 (no real reason, just randomly picked a thing on the PS4 app)

Dok Hendrix was such a lovely announcer

Carlton Banks fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 25, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Anyone at all have a clue why I get my weird redirect thing? I sent a ticket in and that's gotten nothing. I click on the sign in button but get sent to a page that just says "BUY THE APP"

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Anyone at all have a clue why I get my weird redirect thing? I sent a ticket in and that's gotten nothing. I click on the sign in button but get sent to a page that just says "BUY THE APP"

If you find out, let me know. I have the same problem.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seeing closed captioning on a random episode of 1982 WCCW wrestling is pretty. :catdrugs:

PS4 is working great now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Swagger Dagger posted:

If you find out, let me know. I have the same problem.

Yea it's not mission critical, my PS4 has been working fine, but it'd be nice to have a PPV on when I play a game or something.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

If you use the Ghostery extension for Chrome/Opera make sure to whitelist network.wwe.com or nothing will play for you.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

gfanikf posted:

Seeing closed captioning on a random episode of 1982 WCCW wrestling is pretty. :catdrugs:

PS4 is working great now.

I'm still getting some weird null error on a line of code that says options.lineSpace = CAPTIONS_
and then something something.

Never seen an app error out so harshly.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Wait, I might be reading this wrong so tell me if I am wrong.

If you clicked on the try it free for 1 week (yellow button) and have not officially paid for it, you are not able to watch VOD and can only watch the live stream.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

ChaosSmurf posted:

Hello,

I gave the WWE network my payment details because I assumed I could cancel the first payment after the free week.

Then PayPal was like "You've paid the WWE $9.99!"

Have I just accidentally charged myself 60 bux.

Thanks,
Me

P.S. I am quite drunk.

I did the same thing. Mine still says "pending" so I'm pretty sure it won't completely go through until the trial is up. I think you have to actually call to cancel before the trial ends if you don't want it to charge you, and the details basically stated no refunds if you don't cancel before the trial ends.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Wait, I might be reading this wrong so tell me if I am wrong.

If you clicked on the try it free for 1 week (yellow button) and have not officially paid for it, you are not able to watch VOD and can only watch the live stream.

You are wrong.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Maffew just uploaded a video of the first thing he went to after subscribing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WZhNCPP7eM

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just now?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Gr, I was gonna suggest using my clean stream bookmarklet then doing the F11 full screen in firefox, but the way the player is built it doesn't full screen the video :\

Not very familiar with macs so the only thing I can think of (which is monkey-butt ugly) would be to run firefox in a virtual machine then full screen it and maximize the vm on the TV.

I'm sure there are far better solutions.

I don't think the OS has anything to do with it, since any other web video player has worked the same for me on both OS X and Windows.

If/when the 360 app is functional I can just use that. It's still dumb since I have no problems with full screen video for streaming Raw from the sort of sites the clean stream thing comes in handy on.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Signed up -- took all of five minutes, and two of those were because I forgot to turn off my script blocker. AHH poo poo FLAIRS SKIN IN HD

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

sleepingbuddha posted:

You are wrong.

I was grasping at straws. I downloaded the app (after watching Cole tell me how) on my phone and watched a little of the pre-RAW show. When I try to watch any VOD, it will show the rating screen and then send me back to the "click to watch" screen.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Finally got it streaming through my browser but the stream quality is kind of dog poo poo right now on a 25mbit connection.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have to say, the whole thing has worked flawlessly for me. I signed up around Noon, had it streaming at work. Watched a little bit on my iPad on the train on the way home, hooked up my Roku tonight to watch the Pre-Show.

I am amazed at how well this has been working on Day 1.

That said, they are not giving me much of a reason to keep watching these pre-shows... kind of boring so far.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Put this on the Wii U.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Supreme Allah posted:

Signed up -- took all of five minutes, and two of those were because I forgot to turn off my script blocker. AHH poo poo FLAIRS SKIN IN HD

Don't look directly at the Flair.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Is the schedule down for anyone else?

"We're Sorry...
The Programming Guide is currently unavailable."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

XYZ posted:

Is the schedule down for anyone else?

"We're Sorry...
The Programming Guide is currently unavailable."

just gently caress around a little and go back to it. Happened to me earlier

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

just gently caress around a little and go back to it. Happened to me earlier

I've never had it work since I signed up. Oh well, video quality is still great.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
After several tries and giving up to watch downton Abby I finally got the on demand to load. bunkhouse stampede 88 here I come.

E: for anyone wondering about censoring. There's a big ol Winston cigarettes ad in the Nassau Collesieum.

The American Dream fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 25, 2014

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Don't look directly at the Flair.

Alternatively, since it's older and therefore slightly less scary .... look directly at the Flair (and Steamboat) and load up WCW Chi-Town Rumble 1989 and watch two loving masters start off their classic Trilogy.

The 1992 Royal Rumble was also very very good and has quite the cast involved.

That reminds me, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't add all of the Clash of the Champions events to the initial PPV line up. They were basically PPVs but shown on free TV. Hopefully they get upped pretty soon as it'd be a shame if they were left off. Maybe they'll start coming with Saturday Night's Main event eps or something.

pvax fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 25, 2014

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I guess the Windows Chrome "hey dl the app" error is happening for everyone, then, huh?

Rewatching RR2000 for the first time in over a decade. Its not just the nostalgia talking, wrestling really was better then. What a great show, ending and Mae aside.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Is there no search on the PS4 app or am I just not seeing how to do it?

Riceball
Jan 27, 2009

That's because the Flato's think they live under a fricken AT-AT.
Has anyone in this thread run into not being able to watch anything on the Network?

I have subscribed, logged in and out and I still cannot watch any of the videos. The only thing I can get is the 5 second rating of the video and then nothing after that loads.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Riceball posted:

Has anyone in this thread run into not being able to watch anything on the Network?

I have subscribed, logged in and out and I still cannot watch any of the videos. The only thing I can get is the 5 second rating of the video and then nothing after that loads.

I found that I can brute force my way past that on the PS3 by pressing the "show next in queue" button or whatever it is that skips to the next show/ppv. Dunno how to do it on any other apps though.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

KungFu Grip posted:

I found that I can brute force my way past that on the PS3 by pressing the "show next in queue" button or whatever it is that skips to the next show/ppv. Dunno how to do it on any other apps though.

Oh my god, thank you. Worked for me too.

Riceball
Jan 27, 2009

That's because the Flato's think they live under a fricken AT-AT.

KungFu Grip posted:

I'll give it a few days, hopefully they can fix it on PC.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What would be the best PPV to watch for Lance Storm?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Capsaicin posted:

What would be the best PPV to watch for Lance Storm?

I would say Heatwave 99, the tag main event is really good. He never really had the chance to have a great PPV match in WCW.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Loving the network so far. PS3 app is a bit sluggish, but I'll give it a few days. Runs great on PC. I also just signed up for an Observer subscription so I can get some background on things. First PPV I'm watching is World War 3 1996.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

If backstage pass is in the arena I wonder what that means for the dark mains

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Aren't episodes of RAW supposed to be available to stream straight after airing? I could have sworn it said that in the FAQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
RAW is 30 days because of TV/hulu deals