Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I missed Arthur so muhc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Arthur is a goddamn machine. The other two looked really nervous, even though they wouldn't have seen his previous games.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Oh Sofi. Just... stop.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

jojoinnit posted:

Oh Sofi. Just... stop.

*waits 5 uncomfortable seconds before picking the next clue*

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
Heres Arthur to ruin the enjoyment out of jeopardy again. Haha at him losing a cool 10,000 thinking he had the final jeopardy in the bag. Can this guy stop giving evil looks to other players and glaring at them when they buzz in first?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Arthur haters get out

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Haha at him losing a cool 10,000 thinking he had the final jeopardy in the bag.

Oh poo poo what did he do? :ohdear:

Also, the "Mr Steal Yo Girl" meme being attached to Arthur is hilarious for entirely the wrong reasons.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

zakharov posted:

Arthur haters get out

I was unhappy with the whole *~*HE'S USING GAME THEORY BY JUMPING AROUND NOBODY EVER DID THIS*~* coverage he was getting but the College Tournament and the AV Club interview (that he solicited but still) won me over. I'm Team Arthur now.

I just wish his mom owned an iron. Maybe he'll drop some of that $100,000+ on one for her.

e: I did like the ugly looks he was giving the female contestant when she had the timing down for buzzing in (as opposed to his button mashing), though.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Heres Arthur to ruin the enjoyment out of jeopardy again. Haha at him losing a cool 10,000 thinking he had the final jeopardy in the bag. Can this guy stop giving evil looks to other players and glaring at them when they buzz in first?

Good points, yourafagpleasedie. good points

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

note - he does NOT say "than I am"

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 25, 2014

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Speaking with my Jeopardy watching cousin about my upcoming Jeopardy appearance, and he said that the only time that he'd stop rooting for Arthur is if I'm facing him on my own episode. Told him it was unlikely that he'd still be on the show by the time my taping rolls around (in 2 weeks! still so goddamn excited!), but if he was, I'd do my best to take him out, one Asian to another (hopefully I don;t look as goony as he does when I'm on camera).

I actually have another cousin named Arthur Chiu, the last name's pronounced the same. Had a good laugh about that at dinner with him.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Man it's lame as hell when all the remaining clues are for $400-$800 and there's no chance that one of the trailing players will catch up and make Final Jeopardy interesting. Also I was pretty surprised no one got Final Jeopardy. The clue was a bit vague but it wasn't too hard to work out.

e: Sofi started so strong but holy poo poo as soon as she missed that Daily Double she just fell apart.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Dear Arthur,

At least have the common decency to stop Forest Bouncing when all the Daily Doubles have been revealed. Jeez.

PS. Ironically, someone else embarrassed themselves by confusing "Virgin" and "I".

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

jscolon2.0 posted:

Dear Arthur,

At least have the common decency to stop Forest Bouncing when all the Daily Doubles have been revealed. Jeez.

PS. Ironically, someone else embarrassed themselves by confusing "Virgin" and "I".

I say go for it. Keep the other people off balance.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

escape artist posted:

Where are you located that the episodes are airing so early?

In Chicago they air it at 2:30pm. Used to be at 3:30 til Katie Couric got her stupid show.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

what a joke of a Final Jeopardy question today.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Arthur destroying the competition as usual.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

what a joke of a Final Jeopardy question today.

Seriously. But yeah, another Arthur beatdown.

Poor Myfanwy must spend 15% of her life spelling her name for people.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Is she Welsh?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Indeed.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

It's a welsh name but both she and Padraic sound American.

If their parents aren't immigrants they're just mean.

E: just got to the interview. At least she's owning it.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 26, 2014

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I'm not sure if anyone has had better luck with drawing opponents.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Holy poo poo this promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCtGyY0cqPA

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

escape artist posted:

Where are you located that the episodes are airing so early?

I live in Vancouver, but my cable gets me the channel from Halifax, so I actually get Jeopardy on at like 3:30pm PST, which is earlier than most.

Of course I just record it and watch it with dinner so it's kind of pointless for me, but that's how it happens.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I get Jeopardy at 3:30 central on the Oklahoma City affiliate and at 4:30 on the Tulsa affiliate if I miss the first showing.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It pisses me off that Wheel of Fortune gets a 6:30 slot but they stick Jeopardy at 2:30.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Here in my part of MD it's Wheel of Fortune at 7:00 and Jeopardy at 7:30.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Perfidus posted:

Same in Boston, it's the perfect after work combo. I kinda wish there was a Wheel thread sometimes cause yesterday due to the order of letters being picked they ended up with POPSICLE STICK SHI T on the board. The 'f' was guessed last.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Perfidus posted:

I have Jeopardy at 7:00 and Wheel of Fortune at 7:30; we usually watch Jeopardy then switch over to a Friends rerun at 7:30 if we're waiting to watch something at 8 or 8:30.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Just catching up. So proud that I got John Brown when Arthur didn't!!! First name that popped into my head, almost immediately. Wouldn't have mattered since it was a runaway.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

escape artist posted:

Just catching up. So proud that I got John Brown when Arthur didn't!!! First name that popped into my head, almost immediately. Wouldn't have mattered since it was a runaway.

John Brown popped right into my head as well, but William Lloyd Garrison was a pretty good guess as far as wrong answers go.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Jeopardy at 7, Wheel at 7:30 is peak civilization.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

When I was in college, we had an NBC affiliate that did Jeopardy! at 7 and Wheel at 7:30, and we also had an ABC affiliate that aired them reversed. If you were particularly bored, you could watch Jeopardy!, then find someone watching the second run and blow their mind.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I once used the thread to blow my girlfriends mind when one of you who watches it much earlier said what the answer to final was. Don't remember the question but it was one of the tough ones.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

FadingChord posted:

John Brown popped right into my head as well, but William Lloyd Garrison was a pretty good guess as far as wrong answers go.

It is a good guess but I was still annoyed by the evidence that not many know of America's greatest hero, John Brown.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
^^History bored me for the most part (in school), but John Brown was someone whose story intrigued me, and he was instantly a hero of mine.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Jeopardy at 7, Wheel at 7:30 is peak civilization.

Exactly. The rest of you are merely barbarians are the gate, clamoring for our noble Roman blood.

Lucania
May 1, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

Virgin begins with an I? :laugh:

It gave us another entry in the Mean Alex Trebek tumblr!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lucania posted:

It gave us another entry in the Mean Alex Trebek tumblr!

The only good tumbllr ever created

ahaha

Marge: “I’m totally blanking on this one.”

Alex: “And you took about fifteen seconds to tell us that.”

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Streak is alive! Closer game than yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

They actually gave Arthur a run for his money there, at least until he got on his buzzer hot streak.

He also got away with a wrong answer. There's no such thing as the NYFD, it's called the FDNY.