Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

mcvey posted:

1 to 1 trades only benefit Ts because of CTs having to rotate to compensate, it's pretty simple.

This a million times this. Also "autism intensifies"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Geschwafel posted:

I think the confusion here is that when it's 1 or 2, the trade goes, and you want it to. So when less than 10? Well, duh, give and take it up, through, and if picked, around the back. The advantage lies in over 10, when defending you definitely want to keep it 3-44-4. I've also drawn up this infographic to clear up:

"I got Condo...smoking the rug doctor"

"WHO'S GOT EYES ON JOHNNY DEPP?"

"There's 3 WHEELCHAIR, 2 BBQ, THEY ARE FLOODING UP WHEELCHAIR"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I've never been into pro CS, so I'm curious, why are the hostage maps not seen as competitive?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

lets be honest griffin, you were being a condescending prick too lmao

I guess, but I had a reason to be! Pengy was an rear end in a top hat out of nowhere, for no apparent reason :(. I suppose that's just who he is though. Learned my lesson.

Daeno posted:

"I got Condo...smoking the rug doctor"

"WHO'S GOT EYES ON JOHNNY DEPP?"

"There's 3 WHEELCHAIR, 2 BBQ, THEY ARE FLOODING UP WHEELCHAIR"

Let's use these callouts next time we play on mirage :allears:. They're amazing. I like 'Portillos' the best.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
I lost it at Portillo's.

I also love Potillo's and I'm sad I can't get it in NY.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Time for some sick frag vids.

Nova matchmaking, how to eco like a loving boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBfxKnZD_c

USP rushes can be the most brutal thing. They were down 3v5 before they realized what was happening.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I couldn't find a callouts for this map so I made one:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

sorry about that

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
Is there any truth to the possibility of "DDoSing" players during a game. I'm not really knowledgeable on that kind of stuff, and the only thing that seems like it could happen would be jacking up the server and having everyone poo poo the bed. There are reports cropping up of people getting their pings blasted whenever they are doing well in a match, with their ping returning to normal after they lose a couple rounds.

Anyone have any information on this stuff or am I stuck waiting on valve's say, and reading poo poo from people saying that its impossible and knowing about obscure exploits involving steam voice chat.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
You used to be able to see the IP addresses of people that are on the server. This meant that pro-matches (which have bets placed on them) would get DDoSed all the time when someone was going to lose their money. Valve have since changed that to help address the problem, but its been really popular lately. Also, streamers get DDoSed sometimes too for laughs apparently.

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

Is there any truth to the possibility of "DDoSing" players during a game. I'm not really knowledgeable on that kind of stuff, and the only thing that seems like it could happen would be jacking up the server and having everyone poo poo the bed.

For the particular exploit you're describing, I think there is a way to execute a script that floods the server with some command (I think name change?) that brings the server to its knees. They're loving with the server, not the players.

And then there's using voice chat and a snooper to get the ips of a player and the LOICing them or something.

Disclaimer: I'm not a network expert and have no idea what I'm talking about

Although today I was watching flusha from fnatic get DDOS'd and have to have cArn replace him, and then he was terrible so they got Spitfire to replace cArn :laffo:

e: petition to have a "Dale Earnhardt" callout for every map on the goonpug server from now on because holy poo poo

PelvicThrust
Oct 22, 2009

And one for the doctor
Here's how you win eco rounds on train.

Seriously though, I've never played with this person in a goonman before, whoever you are, don't take it personally. You seem like a chill guy. Just know that it was absolutely hilarious.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
So I accidentally bought a second Operation Phoenix pass but I can't trade until the 28th (I reformatted my computer). So if anyone wants it, add me to Steam and wait five days. If you have a fun M4A1 skin that'd be cool in return, but if you just need the maps don't sweat it. If too many people add me I'll put everyone's names into a hat or something.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

PelvicThrust posted:

Seriously though, I've never played with this person in a goonman before, whoever you are, don't take it personally. You seem like a chill guy. Just know that it was absolutely hilarious.

Poor antipax, guy is so new. weed was raging pretty hard at him and tked him to start the next round. So rude.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

Is there any truth to the possibility of "DDoSing" players during a game. I'm not really knowledgeable on that kind of stuff, and the only thing that seems like it could happen would be jacking up the server and having everyone poo poo the bed. There are reports cropping up of people getting their pings blasted whenever they are doing well in a match, with their ping returning to normal after they lose a couple rounds.

Anyone have any information on this stuff or am I stuck waiting on valve's say, and reading poo poo from people saying that its impossible and knowing about obscure exploits involving steam voice chat.

Recently I was MMing with some friends and 4/5 of our team lagged out at once. The other team was unaffected. Most of their names were in chinese IIRC. No idea if this is what you are talking about.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

PRADA SLUT posted:

Every area is "idiots chasing each other with knives".

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
I made a website to look up and compare weapon skins

csgostash.com

It's built up to a point where I feel like I can share it with you guys, but I plan to keep working on it. This is my first website and I taught myself all the languages to make it from scratch. Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.

My feature wishlist:
-Advanced search menu and sort options for results
-Stickers
-Toggle view (gallery vs details)
-FAQ page explaining skin basics and wear qualities to newer players
-Prices built in (If I can teach myself how to scrape them off the market and if Valve is cool with it). Search by price thresholds, etc.
-Account system (sign in with steam?) to make wishlists and check off things already in your collection (if I can teach myself how to code this)

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

RedQueen posted:

csgostash.com

It's built up to a point where I feel like I can share it with you guys, but I plan to keep working on it. This is my first website and I taught myself all the languages to make it from scratch. Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.

My feature wishlist:
-Stickers
-Prices built in (If I can teach myself how to scrape them off the market and if Valve is cool with it). Search by price thresholds, etc.
-Account system (sign in with steam?) to make wishlists and check off things already in your collection (if I can teach myself how to code this)

Pretty cool site bro.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

RedQueen posted:

csgostash.com

My feature wishlist:
-Stickers

There are only six skins for the Scout? what is this injustice

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Drunk Tomato posted:

There are only six skins for the Scout? what is this injustice

The worst injustice is the lack(zero) of statrak XM1014 (autoshottie) skins.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

PelvicThrust posted:

This is amazing.

RedQueen posted:

csgostash.com

My feature wishlist:
-Stickers

Pretty solid effort for your website dude. Big ups.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012
Well I just had my first experience with someone hacking in MM. Didn't expect that since I thought it was reserved for higher ranks (I just hit Gold Nova Master). Turns out the guy is Silver 4 (!!). Probably being dragged down by his friends? Still, I can't imagine having a very hard time winning when you can see people through walls. How likely is it that anything happens at all after at least 4 people (my group) report this guy?

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

Ledif posted:

Well I just had my first experience with someone hacking in MM. Didn't expect that since I thought it was reserved for higher ranks (I just hit Gold Nova Master). Turns out the guy is Silver 4 (!!). Probably being dragged down by his friends? Still, I can't imagine having a very hard time winning when you can see people through walls. How likely is it that anything happens at all after at least 4 people (my group) report this guy?

I would think hacking happens almost exclusively in lower rank/unranked games. Who would want to put an account with a high rank at risk of getting VACbanned by blatantly hacking?

Also, how did you know he was hacking? There are lots of really talented wallbangers out there.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The lightning strike and asiimov awps are both very obnoxious and I must have one for my personal collection. Shame the price difference is so massive.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Theresa Frontpage posted:

I would think hacking happens almost exclusively in lower rank/unranked games. Who would want to put an account with a high rank at risk of getting VACbanned by blatantly hacking?

Also, how did you know he was hacking? There are lots of really talented wallbangers out there.

I figured a product of the hacking would be reaching a higher rank. As for how I knew, he started shooting at us through walls without really making much attempt at hiding it after losing the first 5 rounds. After the match I watched the demo. For the first 5 rounds he aims at the ground and is generally terrible, then he starts following / shooting people through walls. Too many instances of blatantly obvious stuff so just pick a round after round 5 for hacks, or before for laughable badness.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-2cXRV-iHpUL-dhHwd-eFFXK-pcy6A

I think I linked the demo correctly, but if I didn't, let me know.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

Ledif posted:

I figured a product of the hacking would be reaching a higher rank. As for how I knew, he started shooting at us through walls without really making much attempt at hiding it after losing the first 5 rounds. After the match I watched the demo. For the first 5 rounds he aims at the ground and is generally terrible, then he starts following / shooting people through walls. Too many instances of blatantly obvious stuff so just pick a round after round 5 for hacks, or before for laughable badness.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-2cXRV-iHpUL-dhHwd-eFFXK-pcy6A

You forgot to say which guy, heh

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

You forgot to say which guy, heh

Oh haha, Johnny was his name.

e: Its worth watching the first 5 rounds then any number of the later ones to get a good feel for this.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

RedQueen posted:

csgostash.com

My feature wishlist:
-Stickers

This is really really good work in general let alone for a beginner. Definitely keeping this bookmarked

edit: Found a bug: if you view the steam market for a stock knife you'll get all of the knives instead of just the stock one.

Necc0 fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Feb 25, 2014

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Necc0 posted:

edit: Found a bug: if you view the steam market for a stock knife you'll get all of the knives instead of just the stock one.

The website searches the steam community for the name of the knife just fine, I think that steam just includes more results. Probably not a problem with the website as much as the way steam marketplace searches work/are handled.

e: This is probably because the star in the search.

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

I've been enjoying some deathmatch and casual play, and I'm digging the game quite a bit, but I gotta admit, I really don't remember how it was ten years ago. Either way, I'm glued! Is there a good way to know when I'm ready to start playing with you guys? This thread's a bit intense, but I'm eager to get into things.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
You were born ready. Ready to suck u scrub hahaha

Seriously though just try goonmans. Everybody fails hard the first time they do anything worth doing. You will improve quickly playing with goons. They are for the most part helpful and patient. For the most part. Maybe play a round or two of competitive first soloqueueing to see the "awesome" team experience you're missing out on by playing with high-skill goons and you'll be able to better contextualize the small amounts of impatience and anger you encounter on the buttmen server.

Just remember to type /ready when you're ready to play in a goonman. I don't think new people see this enough. Leads to a lot of pointless waiting.

edit: read the whole OP before you play in a goonman though. don't be buying out every round and rushing out every round as CT and be confused at why people are yelling at you.

arnbiguous fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 25, 2014

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Ledif posted:

The website searches the steam community for the name of the knife just fine, I think that steam just includes more results. Probably not a problem with the website as much as the way steam marketplace searches work/are handled.

e: This is probably because the star in the search.

Yeah I'm trying to get the steam market to run a hard search but it's not playing ball. Ticket: Closed

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

oversteps posted:

I've been enjoying some deathmatch and casual play, and I'm digging the game quite a bit, but I gotta admit, I really don't remember how it was ten years ago. Either way, I'm glued! Is there a good way to know when I'm ready to start playing with you guys? This thread's a bit intense, but I'm eager to get into things.

Matchmake at least until you are given a rank so that your team will know what level you're at. It does not matter what the rank is. This is mostly so that you get accustomed to the ebb and flow of competitive matches before jumping right in. You may want to also consider just speccing some goon matches for the same reasons.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

PelvicThrust posted:

This was me, thank you for the video.

Also what should i have done differently? Not move so much, not peek until the dude is at the bomb, aim better, not miss the guy coming from z connector, aim better, anything else?

henne fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Feb 25, 2014

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
quote not edit

henne fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 25, 2014

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ledif posted:

i think the most blantly obvious thing is getting the awp hitting no scopes across the map

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Quote still not edit

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

The Flying Fish posted:

i think the most blantly obvious thing is getting the awp hitting no scopes across the map

Yeah that's the thing that made me go "welp" and close the demo. That's pretty conclusive and I'm by no means the kind of skilled player who can detect subtle hacking

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
After you've gotten a rank and played a good amount of games in goonmans, you can then play a MM game with other silver goons and see how much you've improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Yeah that's the thing that made me go "welp" and close the demo. That's pretty conclusive and I'm by no means the kind of skilled player who can detect subtle hacking

Honestly I don't think the guy was using any kind of aim assistance. Just turn on X-ray in the demo and watch his crosshair follow any number of people through walls. Or watch the parts where he is autosniping through boxes by B doors / CT spawn. Alternatively watch the part where he walks through smoke into B from tunnels scoped in aiming at my friend at car, lines up a shot, shoots (all while in smoke), but hits the wall in front of him (that he can't see because, again, he is still in the smoke and his hack just shows the person).

Worth noting the only kind of aim hack I'm really familiar with is the obvious "my negev only gets headshots" kind.

Ledif fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Feb 25, 2014

• Locked thread