Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Howard had a great rant this morning going off on this Dan Mason guy who used to work at CBS with him, Mason was doing some interview and lightly poo poo talked Howard. Only problem it was the wrong Dan Mason doing the interview :lol:

That was absolutely amazing hahahaha. Sounds like it's going to get pulled from future replays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Robin's cackling after they figure it out is so good. Take back the four cunts!

Since they say they're gonna cut it out, here's the clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFDLiSjb3ck

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 18, 2014

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Performula posted:

Yeah, her stuff isn't my cup of tea (to say the least), but I've never found it amusing enough to comb through and share. Same with that "Zoo Zoo Zah Zoo" or whatever it's called that some people on other forums take so seriously.

It's Howard that takes it so seriously, ordering all SIRIUS channels to dump if it gets on the air. But I think that the point the people on other forums are highlighting with it is that, 20 years ago, Howard wouldn't hesitate in attacking celebrities whose kids did stuff like that.

"Listen, the show has evolved..."

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sand Monster posted:

It's Howard that takes it so seriously, ordering all SIRIUS channels to dump if it gets on the air. But I think that the point the people on other forums are highlighting with it is that, 20 years ago, Howard wouldn't hesitate in attacking celebrities whose kids did stuff like that.

"Listen, the show has evolved..."

Yeah, it is a tough line to walk. Howard made some of his biggest moves attacking celebrity kids, but at the time people would attack them for no reason. I remember the poo poo Chelsea Clinton would get, so sometimes people are just rough on anyone attached to a famous person. But to say Howard should have to allow his own kid to be made fun of, on his own show is kind of silly. Anyone would do whatever they had to to protect people they care about, and after all he is the trickster, you don't prank him, he pranks you.

Also, yeah, he grew up and most of it is for the better. You can't expect 60 year old Howard Stern to be 30 year old shock jock ripping into life and burning the world around him.

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." - Muhammad Ali

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, I agree with all of that...
What I find fascinating is how much she is stealing from the Howard playbook, in terms of narcissism and attention-seeking. Too bad she didn't get any of his talent.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

Godinster posted:

That was absolutely amazing hahahaha. Sounds like it's going to get pulled from future replays.

Did anybody else catch the little gem when Howard said, "we've never edited one of our old shows before" while discussing whether or not to edit out the Mason bashing? I guess Howard really doesn't ever listen back to his own channel.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Squashy Nipples posted:

What I find fascinating is how much she is stealing from the Howard playbook, in terms of narcissism and attention-seeking. Too bad she didn't get any of his talent.

I can't imagine growing up with Howard would be normal, but yeah, she is making some kooky bad poems and probably won't stop until she is told so directly enough times.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

Squashy Nipples posted:

Is it really stealing from her dad? Influenced maybe. The similarities you've mentioned are pretty generalized. What she's doing isn't all that different when held up against all of the other weird, goofy, dumb, etc. stuff on the internet.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

I was going through the trove of movies I've stored up but haven't watched I finally around to watching "Mystery Men" (1999). The takeaways:
  1. This movie is terrible.
  2. Artie Lange has a bit part in this movie.
  3. He is equally terrible in it.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Why the hell did you have Mystery Men on your list of movies to watch?

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Now that I've watched it that's a perfectly fair question. The only answer/excuse I have is it had been sitting on my NAS for so long that I couldn't even tell you how long it had been there or why.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Performula posted:

Is it really stealing from her dad? Influenced maybe. The similarities you've mentioned are pretty generalized. What she's doing isn't all that different when held up against all of the other weird, goofy, dumb, etc. stuff on the internet.

She's a rich kid -- things like "writing dumb poetry" are pretty standard for people like that. We only know about her because her father is famous, but she'd probably be living a very similar life with a rich-but-not-famous parentage.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Haven't you guys heard of hipsters before

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat... poor Sam Simon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV8zl2PB9Cw

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwTjg5NO26g

"The Houston Chronicle in Dallas."

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83W5MXG_6D8

What's up, man?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
"It's gonna look like poo poo...but it's really just riiich creeeamy chocolate...."

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
What happened to Sal's Uncle Paulie from the Win John's Job week? That was one of the best guests ever.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

an adult beverage posted:

What happened to Sal's Uncle Paulie from the Win John's Job week? That was one of the best guests ever.

Died in 2006

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
That doctor schooling Robin on her moronic voodoo poo poo and shooting coffee up her rear end being useless was highly entertaining

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Godinster posted:

That doctor schooling Robin on her moronic voodoo poo poo and shooting coffee up her rear end being useless was highly entertaining

My favorite part was when a caller asked the doctor about how much water you should drink, and Robin supplemented with "And what kind of water?"

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Her unfounded spiel about flouride haha. She credits the doctor with saving her life but can't be bothered to listen to his information unless it fits her wacky priorities.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Godinster posted:

Her unfounded spiel about flouride haha. She credits the doctor with saving her life but can't be bothered to listen to his information unless it fits her wacky priorities.

Fluoride does rob us of our precious bodily fluids.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Godinster posted:

I haven't heard the latest disgrace, but when Howard was first discussing her Doctor's book, at least twice she said some variation of "that's something where I have an argument with him". Yes, that's right, one of the best cancer doctors in the world, and man who unquestionable saved your life, spends ten years researching a book on longevity... and she has the nerve to argue with him about his findings?

That's way more then 34 on the narcissism scale... I thin post cancer Robin is more like a 54.

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002
I found it hilarious that he was hating on Jimmy Kimmel doing 2,000 shows and saying he has done more. They calculated he does 250 shows a years but that HAS to be before Sirius. He can't do more than a hundred now if that.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

The Howard Stern Show: The only place where you can be mocked for occasionally using butter in your food, but inspecting your feces is completely normal.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Does Howard really have someone inspect his home entertainment system daily to ensure it works? I assume it's some kind of overpriced remote diagnostics?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

EngineerJoe posted:

Does Howard really have someone inspect his home entertainment system daily to ensure it works? I assume it's some kind of overpriced remote diagnostics?

Howard pays someone to manage his DVR. I wouldn't put anything past him at this point.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EngineerJoe posted:

Some A/V guy in New York is paying for his kid's college fund with Howard.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Howard Stern paid something like 15k for somebody to put in a new door in his condo. He's past the point of money really meaning anything to him at this point, except something to be used as a bit on the show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Remember when Howard casually mentions something like "we have someone around the house to help with things", he's talking about people like his private chef, who decided to break up with Kim Cattrall instead of going to Europe to have sex with her. He must pay pretty well.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

prefect posted:

Remember when Howard casually mentions something like "we have someone around the house to help with things", he's talking about people like his private chef, who decided to break up with Kim Cattrall instead of going to Europe to have sex with her. He must pay pretty well.

Artie mentioned one time about some fantastic spread of food at Howard's Hamptons place and he quickly went "What? I had it catered!!" in a tone of voice that basically said "Shut up about the live-in chef, ya fat idiot."

Has there been any mention whatsoever by anyone about his $50 million estate in Palm beach?

Also, add Jessica Hahn to the list of callers who annoy me. That baby voice poo poo she does gets old reaaaaaaaal fast. Especially considering she's 55 now.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 25, 2014

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
God, Sal is so loving stupid. Why would you show your mom your dick for any reason? And then hug and cry together over your poor infected dong.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

God, Sal is so loving stupid. Why would you show your mom your dick for any reason? And then hug and cry together over your poor infected dong.

Hahah what the gently caress? Is this from today's show?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
http://weddingroasters.com/home.html

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Internationally known ahahahahaha. Also holy gently caress that auto-play voiceover.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Heres hoping Niggerless cage and Pamerler Anderson get married soon

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I would have paid up to $150 to have Stuttering John roast me at my wedding. I imagine he wants something in the low thousands plus transportation and a hotel stay though

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

EngineerJoe posted:

I would have paid up to $150 to have Stuttering John roast me at my wedding. I imagine he wants something in the low thousands plus transportation and a hotel stay though

Plus he's gonna hang out at the pool with all his friends and smoke pot in the cabana and run up a huge laundry bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Holy poo poo.