Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Diplomatic range has been confirmed for RoI. Or had it been confirmed already? I'm not sure.

But even more importantly, members of rebelling Factions will actually become vassals of the Faction Leader. Unified rebellions :getin:

I guess this will make being a vassal a triviality for the player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wish that foreign courts would return your heirs when they get left there through marriage. I matrilineal married my daughter to a mayor in Russia with good stats, and when he died she came home, but my granddaughters and future possible Queens of Navarra are sitting in some shithole in Russia not getting educated and this bumpkin mayor won;t send them home because they would be hostage to a foreign court. :downsbravo:

Sorry, been busy, but looking at your save I cannot find any granddaughters, or any grandchildren at all :confused: I did find a son being educated by a major in Russia, but he will send him back if you ask to educate him.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I guess this will make being a vassal a triviality for the player.

Eh it will slightly soften AI rebellions and prevent one county rebels getting snatched.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
How will that work? Will rebel leaders get a titular title, on the same level as the liege they're rebelling against, for the duration of the war? Essentially something similar to hosts, I guess? Interesting.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Darkrenown posted:

Sorry, been busy, but looking at your save I cannot find any granddaughters, or any grandchildren at all :confused: I did find a son being educated by a major in Russia, but he will send him back if you ask to educate him.

He eventually became mayor of the Russian town. I'm gonna load the save and find him.

edit: Can't load the save because it's broken, but he should be in the city of Nevel. If that province has been conquered by Lithuania, it's already too late and I guess I didn't notice until he actually showed back up in my court.

I tried so many times to get this kid back in my court because he was a genius, maybe 3rd in line or so for the throne and getting educated by a Russian numbskull.

Knuc U Kinte fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 25, 2014

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Still owned by Rus in the save I have:

Asking to educate him brings him home. I guess it might be harder for grandchildren if they don't have a family bonus though, would need to find an example to see.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Allyn posted:

How will that work? Will rebel leaders get a titular title, on the same level as the liege they're rebelling against, for the duration of the war? Essentially something similar to hosts, I guess? Interesting.

For those of you who remember, CK2+ used to work this way (and EU Rome always did), but Wiz got rid of it because he could never get it working quite right.

I guess that's been solved. :toot:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Darkrenown posted:

Still owned by Rus in the save I have:

Asking to educate him brings him home. I guess it might be harder for grandchildren if they don't have a family bonus though, would need to find an example to see.

I dunno what's up with that. I was regularly checking to ask him to come home and I got the "hostage of foreign power" malus until he grew up, became mayor himself and then came home when Lithuania conquered him.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?758436-Crusader-Kings-II-Rajas-of-India-Dev-Diary-4-Elephants-of-Mass-Destruction

Moddable troop types, supply system.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Huh, that link clips at an unfortunate point.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The nerfing to the North Korea style is nice but god good luck reforming West African now.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

I am liking the sound of the supply system but I gotta wonder how the crusades will work with that.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

OddObserver posted:

I am liking the sound of the supply system but I gotta wonder how the crusades will work with that.

Very badly :getin:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

OddObserver posted:

Maybe it will count crusading countries as allies, so you would resupply normally at Italy or wherever.

VV: That seems reasonable. I don't think they'll muck it up, crusades are a big part of the game.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 25, 2014

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Serperoth posted:

Maybe it will count crusading countries as allies, so you would resupply normally at Italy or wherever.

So someone else asked about this on the paradox forums thread and one of the devels answered:

quote:

The system is very benign and forgiving I would say. But if you let it go unchecked it will completely wreck you. Crusades will be handled differently so they are doable, raiding has also been changed to not completely kill Vikings as they land,

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome

Baron Porkface posted:

I just usurped the golden horde! Did i just drat myself to Horde techgroup during eu4 conversion?

You can always just edit the conversion text files if you don't like what you get.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I started as Ivar the Boneless and have expanded my Britannian Empire to take over Scandinavia. I even created the Titular Republic of Gotland, and gave it to the mayor in Gotland so that island is now ruled by a Grand Mayor, with families and their silly hats. They haven't made a single trade port yet though, it's been over a hundred years. Is something bugged? The grand mayor always seems to have over 500 gold so he could easily afford to build a trade post.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

Node posted:

I started as Ivar the Boneless and have expanded my Britannian Empire to take over Scandinavia. I even created the Titular Republic of Gotland, and gave it to the mayor in Gotland so that island is now ruled by a Grand Mayor, with families and their silly hats. They haven't made a single trade port yet though, it's been over a hundred years. Is something bugged? The grand mayor always seems to have over 500 gold so he could easily afford to build a trade post.

What's the Trade Tech level in Gotland? If it's under 2 they can't make a trade post because of that, otherwise give them money, I guess?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
If you're 100 years in from the Old Gods start, Gotland almost certainly doesn't yet have enough Trade Practices tech for their trade post limit to be more than 0.

edit: oh, wait, I misread your time reference. That's still almsot certainly the problem though.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

Huh, that link clips at an unfortunate point.

I would buy DLC that advertised rear end destruction.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

A minor gripe, but something I've seen sprinkled throughout CK2 and its associated materials: "Arabic" is often used as an adjective, but this word is generally only used to refer to the language; in nearly all cases, it should be "Arab."

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

When's the release for Rajas anyway?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Ofaloaf posted:

I would buy DLC that advertised rear end destruction.

Sodomites and Eunuchs DLC, coming soon!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The GoT mod's been out forever :colbert:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Diplomatic range has been confirmed for RoI. Or had it been confirmed already? I'm not sure.

But even more importantly, members of rebelling Factions will actually become vassals of the Faction Leader. Unified rebellions :getin:

From that:

quote:

Softpedia: Will the addition of India mean that a bigger focus on Africa other than the Middle East might be next?

Henrik Fahraeus: That is one possibility :)

Stop being coy and do an African DLC!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Africa and China for the next two DLCs, calling it now.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

And here I thought we'd already gotten our Byzantine DLC.

edit: damnit Andy, that's what I get for lingering on the edit window.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'd been thinking of doing a Mali mini-Mod, actually. Just to add a starting bookmark and a bit of character customization so you can play as Mansa Musa.

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

I welcome the changes. I'm especially interested in the starvation mechanic, I wonder how much this'll change the way of war. Also, those Indian dynasty shields look sick, love the golden edge around it. :fap:

StashAugustine posted:

Africa and China for the next two DLCs, calling it now.

We can only pray.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Actually, it's a little unclear- is the new attrition system in addition to the old one or replacing it?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Actually, it's a little unclear- is the new attrition system in addition to the old one or replacing it?

It appears to be replacing it entirely, but the amount of raidable food is probably going to be based on the old values.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Brutus Salad posted:

What's the Trade Tech level in Gotland? If it's under 2 they can't make a trade post because of that, otherwise give them money, I guess?

Ohh, excellent observation, thank you. I suppose I should send my steward to spread tech there then?

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008
Can you spread tech in counties you don't hold personally? I don't think you can.

I've found the best way to go about it is to tech up trade practices in you capital and hold onto the counties you want to make into trade republics yourself for a meaty demesne bonus (and your steward bonus if you're so inclined) until they hit 2 and then hand them off. It might be faster to just revoke the titles back if you can afford the tyranny.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The Mongols appeared to have spawned in with no troops :psyduck: They didn't go to war upon arrival and when I tag swapped to them a few years later they have no troops at all.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Spakstik posted:

A minor gripe, but something I've seen sprinkled throughout CK2 and its associated materials: "Arabic" is often used as an adjective, but this word is generally only used to refer to the language; in nearly all cases, it should be "Arab."

Do you have a cite or something for this? Merriam-Webster gives Arabic as a standard adjective, and certainly "Arabic numerals" are, well, Arabic...

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TheBlackRoija posted:

Can you spread tech in counties you don't hold personally? I don't think you can.
Tech spreads to adjacent counties, so anything you advance in your capital will spread throughout your desmesne and also to any counties adjacent to your capital, and from there it'll spread to counties adjacent to your desmesne and counties adjacent to the other adjacent counties, and so on and so forth until it's everywhere.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Tannistry seems to be an interesting succession law, like elective but you'll always be outvoted. Is there any point using it?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

TheBlackRoija posted:

I've found the best way to go about it is to tech up trade practices in you capital and hold onto the counties you want to make into trade republics yourself for a meaty demesne bonus (and your steward bonus if you're so inclined) until they hit 2 and then hand them off. It might be faster to just revoke the titles back if you can afford the tyranny.

Tech always spreads to adjacent counties, regardless of who the holder is. The only advantage to personally holding counties is that tech will spread between the counties in your demense as if they were adjacent, no matter how far away they actually are. You can send councillors to spread tech in any county in your realm, but I can't remember how that works or where you're supposed to put them for maximum effect.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Geokinesis posted:

From that:

Stop being coy and do an African DLC!

I thought they were already folding in some East Africa updates into this DLC.

I wonder if W. Africa will get Jungle terrain as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Geokinesis posted:

Tannistry seems to be an interesting succession law, like elective but you'll always be outvoted. Is there any point using it?

Since the person elected will always be of your own dynasty you'll play them when they succeed you-- so you'll never actually be outvoted from a meta-perspective.

I liked it a lot early on in my current Ireland game, but as I shifted to an Imperial stage I changed to primogeniture to keep my crowns from getting split up.

• Locked thread