Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Sentai has gone way too long without a sexy robot.

Sounds like someone doesn't remember Beet J. Stag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Toy images for Diesel-Oh and how it will interact with ToQ-Oh. It's sure a thing!

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

The ultimate robot is going to be the king of clusterfucks and I can't wait.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

HKR posted:

They'll just keep adding layers in the middle and the robot will be like 400 feet wide and 12 feet thick.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Hey, look on the bright side. If he puts his arms down he'll clear like four layers of his chest and that's like 800 points.

Also he has forward knee articulation but no backward knee articulation and I find that hilarious. Keep on truckin', Bandai DX Super Sentai toylines.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

HKR posted:

I'm guessing the suit actor will operate the shoulders while the arms will be mechanical on strings.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Brother Entropy posted:

Sounds like someone doesn't remember Beet J. Stag.
J's beyond that. He's a man among Buddyroids.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
http://i.imgur.com/6qPrhSF.jpg
:lol: Keep delivering the good moments, ToQGer.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Can Of Worms posted:

http://i.imgur.com/6qPrhSF.jpg
:lol: Keep delivering the good moments, ToQGer.

It's only been two episodes, but TQG has been really great. That scene in particular had me laughing like a loon, and the worst thing so far is that the giant robot fights haven't really been anything exciting. To be fair, Kyoryuger's were terrible and it was still a good show, so it's not that big of a minus.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

I'm sorry but that robot is, at best, creepy. Besides they had a sexy robot in, what was it, Bioman? Turboranger? Maskman?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Ah that takes me back. Akibarangers are my first (unofficial) Sentai and what got me to start watching Sentai.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Cliff Racer posted:

I'm sorry but that robot is, at best, creepy. Besides they had a sexy robot in, what was it, Bioman? Turboranger? Maskman?

OK, A: how could you forget Colon from Liveman?

and B: clearly you and I have very different taste.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Not to get too deep into my standards for sexy robot ladies, but the lips on the helmet are probably the creepy part.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Fooley posted:

Not to get too deep into my standards for sexy robot ladies, but the lips on the helmet are probably the creepy part.

Not the handlebars on the back?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

There's very little about her that isn't kinda loving creepy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can we please not drag Colon into this? She's amazing and badass.

Name one other that PILOTS THE MEGAZORD INTO BATTLE.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
I'm not going to lie, I started laughing pretty hard when the robot explained they could charge the food to their rainbow pass and off screen the sub was just like "Don't swipe it there".

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

OK, A: how could you forget Colon from Liveman?

and B: clearly you and I have very different taste.

Because I never saw Liveman. You should be happy that I even knew she existed!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Liveman's alright, it ditches its premise about halfway through because the producers were upset they were wasting an anniversary show on such an unorthodox premise. But it actually has a pretty interesting cast and I liked the villains a lot.

Their robot was pretty aces too. All the 80s robots were awesome though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dr Tran posted:

Not the handlebars on the back?

The handlebars are probably a plus.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I missed the Akibaranger thread because of spoilers, and I don't remember it being addressed in Akibaranger, but isn't it usually a dude in that suit?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
There have been some suit actresses. Akibaranger in particular used women for suited-up Blue and Yellow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

In Gaim, Marika's actress does her own suit work even!

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

Because I never saw Liveman. You should be happy that I even knew she existed!

She moonwalks in the opening. Nuff said.

Any sexiness Wagon might have is taken away by the fact she's named Wagon. Unless she too moonwalks someday.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

HKR posted:

Sounds like someone doesn't remember the true King of Clusterfucks, the Shinken Parade Float :colbert:

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Monathin posted:

Sounds like someone doesn't remember the true King of Clusterfucks, the Shinken Parade Float :colbert:

This is going to be worse. Trust me.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kuso Meriken posted:

She moonwalks in the opening. Nuff said.

Any sexiness Wagon might have is taken away by the fact she's named Wagon. Unless she too moonwalks someday.

Well with a name like that, it just makes you want to ride that Wagon. :haw:

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007

HKR posted:

I bet the mech designers loved their job this year. They just have to stick rectangular blocks together and leave room for a head or not. Prepare for Jenga-Oh!

I don't mind, the mecha are at the bottom of the list for why I watch these shows. Doesn't even seem like the producers care about reasons the monsters become giant. The one thing I liked about Go-Busters was their reason for giant monster fights was somewhat justified and not just a magical substance or the monster had a 1-up.
However I recognize selling those toys is the #1 reason these shows are made so I don't actually care.

The exception to this is Carranger. They accidently found out that imo youkan from a specific shop made them grow and that's awesome. Carranger still has my favorite bad guys / monsters-of-the-week of any sentai. Ohranger is 2nd place because I dig the industrial design of Baranoia in general. The late 90's & early 00's were a great time for monsters in sentai in general.

Kuso Meriken fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 26, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

HKR posted:

Maybe they'll just get an upgraded base train instead of all combining? Hopefully. poo poo what was the last sentai that did that? GoGoV?

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

HKR posted:

Engine-oh G12 says bring it. :colbert:

(Yes, the reason why it's named that way is what you think it is.)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The man called M posted:

Engine-oh G12 says bring it. :colbert:

(Yes, the reason why it's named that way is what you think it is.)

Rainbow Line-Oh looks like it'll be G12, except stacking robots for width rather than height.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Maybe they'll just get an upgraded base train instead of all combining? Hopefully. poo poo what was the last sentai that did that? GoGoV?

Gekiranger I think.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

boom boom boom posted:

Please do not want to have sex with robots

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Oh yeah folks, Fatman here again

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Twisty of Fate posted:

Please do not want to have sex with robots

Twisty please don't kink shame!

But yeah try not to pop a boner over a toaster just cause it's got a lady voice.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Twisty please don't kink shame!

But yeah try not to pop a boner over a toaster just cause it's got a lady voice.

I'm not shaming

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Potsticker posted:

Rainbow Line-Oh looks like it'll be G12, except stacking robots for width rather than height.

Say what you will about the clusterfuck that was G12, at least they were able to get all 12 Engines into one humanoid form, as opposed to Ha-Oh's "poo poo we don't have room for the monkey or turtle, just stick them onto the back of the base I guess." And at least G12 was able to move under its own power in the show, unlike Ha-Oh which had to use the platform.

And now I reminded myself how disappointed I am I never had enough money to buy Go-Onger's mecha toys.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Twelve by Pies posted:

And now I reminded myself how disappointed I am I never had enough money to buy Go-Onger's mecha toys.
I'd settle for the Bandai of America versions, but that poo poo is still expensively cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

Say what you will about the clusterfuck that was G12, at least they were able to get all 12 Engines into one humanoid form, as opposed to Ha-Oh's "poo poo we don't have room for the monkey or turtle, just stick them onto the back of the base I guess." And at least G12 was able to move under its own power in the show, unlike Ha-Oh which had to use the platform.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of G12. :allears:

• Locked thread