Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

quote:

This is all added to €17.1 paid to Santos for the player's federative rights, €40 million paid to N&N, €2.7 million paid to the player's father as commission (as his son's agent), another €2 million for Santos if Neymar is a finalist at the Ballon d'Or, €6 million more for two sponsorship and scouting contracts with N&N, €7.9 million more to Santos for pre-emptive rights to three promising Santos players, a bonus of €10 million to the player, €2.5 million for the player's foundation and €4.5 million as a fee for failing to play a friendly. When these are all added together the grand total comes out to a whopping €111.7 million.

€111.7m hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Jesus christ. Lol

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Hegav posted:

€111.7m hahaha

world's most dodgy expensive player

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Pedro De Heredia posted:

lmao Barcelona just paid 13 million euros to the taxman while vehemently denying any wrongdoing.

More than a club, also a criminal enterprise.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
We don't need a manager, just get that mate of my dad's (who happens to launder money for drug kingpins)

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Byolante posted:

We don't need a manager, just get that mate of my dad's (who happens to launder money for drug kingpins)

Martino is a great manager and one who's widely respected in South America you moron.

Jesus Christ how clueless can you be.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

El Hefe posted:

Martino is a great manager and one who's widely respected in South America you moron.

He is pissing away the league and looks to be a massive failure and out of his depth, OP. Megadeth is widely respected in South America as well.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

It probably was part of the neymar deal, it just hasn't come out yet.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
He's in the final of the copa del rey, beat man city comfortably in the cl and hes only 3 points off the lead of la liga...

Yes what a failure.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

He's in the final of the copa del rey, beat man city comfortably in the cl and hes only 3 points off the lead of la liga...

Yes what a failure.

Coming third in a 2 horse race is pretty hilarious.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Is Martini a good manager though? I think they just gave Jordi Roura glasses and an even worse haircut.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

He's a pretty bad manager, there's zero doubt he only got the job cause Messi probably pulled some strings

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Barca can take the lead again just this weekend. Wont happen because Atleti are scared of RM but thats how far they are in the league.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Hurf he hasnt managed in Europe before he must be poo poo.

Idiots.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
"Widely respected" in South America is an exaggeration. The only club or country outside of Paraguay (a country no one cares about) he's coached is Newell's. Also, I think coaches aren't as respected in South America as they are in Europe.

He won 'South American manager of the year' award but that's also been won by Hernan Darํo Gomez.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 25, 2014

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Wonder if there's a connection between Newell's and Barcelona..

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Pedro De Heredia posted:

"Widely respected" in South America is an exaggeration. The only club or country outside of Paraguay (a country no one cares about) he's coached is Newell's. Also, I think coaches aren't as respected in South America as they are in Europe.

He won 'South American manager of the year' award but, as notorious woman-beating crap manager Hernan Darío Gomez has won that, I give it exactly zero validity.

Pep hadnt managed a single team before Barca hired him, look how that turned out.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
El Hefe who do you think will take over from Martino after this trophyless season is over?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Actually Barca will be parading the "respected in South America" trophy down the Rambla

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Judging by the correlation of how well a manager wears a suit with success on the pitch, I think Barca should get Michael Laudrup in.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

nice melt down El Hefe

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Modus Trollens posted:

nice melt down El Hefe

melting down worse than the spanish tax department's computer calculating how much tax messi owes

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Here are some things I think we should all consider:
Barcelona are cool and good
Martino owns and is a great manager
Neymar is sexy and really good at soccer
Everyone will love Bar็a when they win the triple again this year and it will be awesome.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

El Hefe posted:

Yes what a failure.

3rd in a 2 horse race, brilliant. Be useful and go protest poo poo in the capital.

Suqit posted:

Here are some things I think we should all consider:
Barcelona are cool and good
Martino owns and is a great manager
Neymar is sexy and really good at soccer
Everyone will love Bar็a when they win the triple again this year and it will be awesome.

3/4 aint bad.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
@samuelj29060 4m
Arsenal & Morata have agreed personal terms for a summer move. Fee with R.Madrid yet to be agreed. (Via @GuillemBalague)kudos @GiroudAFC_

@RM_Insider 1m
Reports that Arsenal & Morata have agreed personal terms for a Summer transfer.

Hegav?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I know its fun to make fun of expensive players but i dont see how him costing any amount of money is bad for the club. Barcelona like Madrid have unlimited war chests. If the club cant afford it a Spanish bank will help them, and if that bank fails some dude from Qatar will come do it. Besides, half of Neymar's appeal is that he's such a star in South America and other countries. And unlike that Welshmen his profile will grow significantly at the world cup.

BWV fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 26, 2014

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

not not luvd posted:

@samuelj29060 4m
Arsenal & Morata have agreed personal terms for a summer move. Fee with R.Madrid yet to be agreed. (Via @GuillemBalague)kudos @GiroudAFC_

@RM_Insider 1m
Reports that Arsenal & Morata have agreed personal terms for a Summer transfer.

Hegav?

Didn't take his chances and Jes้ is a bigger talent. I like the dude but I think a smaller club as a stepping stone would be better for him.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

BWV posted:

I know its fun to make fun of expensive players but i dont see how him costing any amount of money is bad for the club. Barcelona like Madrid have unlimited war chests. If the club cant afford it a Spanish bank will help them, and if that bank fails some dude from Qatar will come do it. Besides, half of Neymar's appeal is that he's such a star in South America and other countries. And unlike that Welshmen his profile will grow significantly at the world cup.

not after he is anonymous and poo poo for 5 games

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

BWV posted:

€100 million is a lot of money for a player who had never played in Europe and isn't doing great this season. Only three players have ever cost anything near that amount, and one of them is best player in the world Cristiano Ronaldo. There's a reason why they hid the real fee from their fans.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 26, 2014

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

€100 million is a lot of money for a player who had never played in Europe and isn't doing great this season. There's a reason why they hid the real fee from their fans.

If Barcelona was a team purely concerned with winning games that may be true. But like Madrid, Barcelona is equally concerned with appealing to emerging markets and growing their fan base. Neymar is not only a football investment but a marketing one. He not only sells shirts but helps Barcelona break into south american markets. Furthermore the fetishization of flashy Brazilians helps with their Arab constituents.

Personally, I think it's too early to decide if 100 million euro was too much for footballing reasons. He's looked great at times and other times disappeared. Like any large investment the immediate returns must be taken with a grain of salt.

Now would the team be better using that money to buy a legit defender and keeping Thiago...probably, but it's difficult to judge the transfers of team like Barcelona and Madrid in purely football terms.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I think hes done quite well considering he arrived at 21 having never played in europe and light as a feather.

One of his goals helped win the supercup and another helped beat RM in el clásico too.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
For 100m even in today's market you should be expecting to get a player who can literally carry a team to victory on their own. Bale did it at Spurs and Ronaldo does it at Real and Portugal. Neymar is a hilarious bust and the ensuing idiocy involving taxes and hidden fees only makes it that much more embarassing.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Except we don't need Neymar to do that, he was bought to score in big games and so far hes scored or assisted a goal in all big games.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Neymar is really good

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

€100 million is a lot of money for a player who had never played in Europe and isn't doing great this season. Only three players have ever cost anything near that amount, and one of them is best player in the world Cristiano Ronaldo. There's a reason why they hid the real fee from their fans.

You mean €111.7m. Also I love how every Barca fan have to preface something with "like Madrid". It's cute but you'll never be as big a club.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Big 'mar is a wonderful player and a top lad. He's got fairy boots on and I love to watch him bamboozle oafish defenders with his tricks and Nut Megs.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Except we don't need Neymar to do that, he was bought to score in big games and so far hes scored or assisted a goal in all big games.

he was brought in to assist barca in winning trophies, which they will not accomplish this year

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Modus Trollens posted:

he was brought in to assist barca in winning trophies, which they will not accomplish this year

Thank you nostradamus. Do you have a TV show?

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

El Hefe posted:

Thank you nostradamus. Do you have a TV show?

He's a Spurs fan. He controls the entire media...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

El Hefe posted:

Haha what the hell? I think Barca expected him to do more than pop up in a couple of games every season for their €117m

• Locked thread