Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Ask those people if they've ever been diagnosed with autism. A boss at my old job had a son who was autistic, said he'd pick up things like hidden codes and signs all the time because his mind focused on those things specifically.
If they dare to answer yes, just nod and move on

I've known this guy for half my life and other than the conspiracy bullshit he's an okay guy. I really do think he has undiagnosed autism, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
A friend of mine on Facebook just unironically posted something about Sandy Hook being a false flag operation.

It seems plausible! Just asking questions!!!

How can people honestly believe that dozens of deaths were covered up? It would be more believable that the guy doing the shooting was somehow affiliated with the government rather than nobody actually dying or some other weird thing.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"I don't know, but it is interesting." .___________________________.

That's the best sign of a mind where no real thinking takes place.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I like how one of the things mentioned was the lack of lawsuits filed. Except lawsuits were filed, though this one was pulled due to outrage over it:
http://articles.courant.com/2014-02...son-julia-pryde

All you can really do is point out how insane these people are and if their friends and family circle wagons are the poo poo-eating insanity it's probably worth considering if you should cut contact with those people.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think the point is that people who are "in" on the conspiracy would be able to decode the hidden messages and act accordingly. You'd think those symbols would be more hidden so some schmuck couldn't pick up on them but hey I'm not in the illuminati.

The standard explanation these days seems to be Predictive Programming, which is based on the proposition that THE ILLUMINATI are seeding the discourse and pop culture and history with their symbols and slogans in order to prime us to accept their commands/atrocities/etc. It's supposed to be subliminal messaging that's designed to make us accept the unacceptable. That justification's only really become prominent recently though, while people have freaked out over images and symbols for ages.

Also some groups, including the Masons, do genuinely like putting their symbols on things to show that they were involved. The Freemasons splashed their symbol and lodge names on the capstone at Denver International not because they're an evil conspiracy, but because they were involved in laying the Time Capsule and so on.

ManSauceGuzzlr
Jul 18, 2004

"That man...I'm...fascinated by him. That look...his whole look. It's hypnotic."
I really don't care about any of this but will someone please tell these goddamn "Truthers" to stop calling into C-Span, they are ruining Washington Today and thus my morning commute man.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Republican Vampire posted:

The standard explanation these days seems to be Predictive Programming, which is based on the proposition that THE ILLUMINATI are seeding the discourse and pop culture and history with their symbols and slogans in order to prime us to accept their commands/atrocities/etc. It's supposed to be subliminal messaging that's designed to make us accept the unacceptable. That justification's only really become prominent recently though, while people have freaked out over images and symbols for ages.

Also some groups, including the Masons, do genuinely like putting their symbols on things to show that they were involved. The Freemasons splashed their symbol and lodge names on the capstone at Denver International not because they're an evil conspiracy, but because they were involved in laying the Time Capsule and so on.

I'm sure, but subliminal messaging has been proven to be at best ineffective (Course maybe they published those studies to make us think that :tinfoil: )

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm sure, but subliminal messaging has been proven to be at best ineffective (Course maybe they published those studies to make us think that :tinfoil: )

The alternative explanation for Predictive Programming makes even less sense. Some of the conspiracy theorists who are into it (including Watt, who I linked) assert that the Illuminati are required for legal or ritualistic purposes to declare what they're going to do in advance.

Regardless of which version you subscribe to, it has led to an interesting phenomena where some conspiracy theorists latch onto Steve Jackson's Illuminati card game for its alleged prophetic powers.

DSPaul
Jun 29, 2006

I are an intellekshool.

Republican Vampire posted:

The alternative explanation for Predictive Programming makes even less sense. Some of the conspiracy theorists who are into it (including Watt, who I linked) assert that the Illuminati are required for legal or ritualistic purposes to declare what they're going to do in advance.

Shades of the whole "Sovereign Citizen" concept, where the ZOG can't touch you if you know the secret legal cheat codes. There's something endearingly naive about the idea that the ruthless, evil conspiracy is still bound to obey its own arbitrary rules.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
CIA Monarch Programming.

What's 'Monarch'?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

These things are always so hard to read. Also this is a whole bunch of crazy just vomited on the page, but it always gets me when Christian fascists tie all non-christian religions together as Satanism. Egyption mythology has nothing to do with any aspect of Semitic religions. Hell, the bible really makes it sound like Ra and Osiris were real gods, just punks in comparison with the Hewbrew God. Moses challenging the priests and all that.

And the implication that because Oscars has the same number of letters as Satan means literally every word with 6 letters is evil. And how is Kathrine Bigalow the Leni Refensthal? I must have missed her movie "Obama is the best thing ever, kill whitey" movie.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I had to laugh at the NATAS thing. Back when I was a skate punk teenager in the 1980s, our hero was a dude called Natas Kaupas, or just "Natas", one of the best professional skaters in the world at the time. The crazy-person brigade had decided his name was actually SATAN backwards (Its not, its a Lithuanian name) and his merchandise ended up being banned at shops around the US. Unable to convince the shops that it wasnt SECRET SATANISM, Santa Cruz skateboards ended up just saying 'gently caress it' and playing up the whole thing, and you'd see NATAS/SATAN graffiti and stickers all around the place.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

Vavrek posted:

CIA Monarch Programming.

What's 'Monarch'?

It's a program that's supposed to be connected to MK-Ultra somehow, although I have no idea whether that claim has any basis in reality.

Source: http://vigilantcitizen.com/hidden-knowledge/origins-and-techniques-of-monarch-mind-control/

It mostly pops up in YouTube videos or websites that show how Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are Illuminati mind control victims who create music videos to flaunt the occult elite's power in public and corrupt innocent Christian children.

Relevant to Egyptian Mythology chat: http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/katy-perrys-dark-horse-one-big-children-friendly-tribute-illuminati/

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

The hilarious part is the 6PM EST thing, because West Coast is 3 hours behind East Coast, giving us 333 instead of 666. So us commie liberal homos are in fact perfectly safe from the Illuminati-Satan brainwashing waves. :ca:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

666 is a doubling of 33, after all. And 33 is Pi. I think they're onto something here...

Tercio fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 2, 2014

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Vavrek posted:

CIA Monarch Programming.

What's 'Monarch'?

itsnice2bnice posted:

It's a program that's supposed to be connected to MK-Ultra somehow, although I have no idea whether that claim has any basis in reality.

Before youtubers glommed onto it there were people in weird circles using Monarch to refer to institutional brainwashing schemes to make either manchurian candidate style assassins or perfectly controlled sex slaves. I was refreshing my memory about this particular craziness recently because of an HBO show of all things.

This lady has been claiming since at least the early 90s that the american "satanic panic" of the 1980s was cover for an international ring of satanic mind-controlling pedophile industrialists and politicians. Alex Jones treats parts of her narrative as established fact in one of Jon Ronson's books.

moller fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 2, 2014

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

moller posted:

This lady has been claiming since at least the early 90s that the american "satanic panic" of the 1980s was cover for an international ring of satanic mind-controlling pedophile industrialists and politicians.

This is also the source of the "Dick Cheney hunts humans" rumor, which was given new life when Cheney shot a human on a hunting trip :v:.

Conspiracy theories are sort of a hobby for me, and her book (Trance Formation of America) is really important if you want to understand the development of the theories that are invoked to explain illuminati/occult symbolism in popular culture. It's sort of a keystone that links MKULTRA/CIA theories to illuminati/satanism theories; the process of inducing trauma, then control through subliminal messages that O'Brien outlines is the individualized version of the process that conspiracy theorists claim is being carried out on a global level.

Marilyn Monroe is the archetype of this sort of analysis, which most recently shows up in Katy Perry's recent video.

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 2, 2014

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009

moller posted:

This lady has been claiming since at least the early 90s that the american "satanic panic" of the 1980s was cover for an international ring of satanic mind-controlling pedophile industrialists and politicians.
Is this the source of that thing Hunter Thompson was pushing, about how the last three or four Presidential administrations have been hopelessly compromised by a pedophile blackmail ring? (The supposed plan being that they would give these people date-rape drugs at some supposedly-formal dinner, then film them having sex with children, and then threaten to distribute the films unless they did what they were told.)

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Is this the source of that thing Hunter Thompson was pushing, about how the last three or four Presidential administrations have been hopelessly compromised by a pedophile blackmail ring? (The supposed plan being that they would give these people date-rape drugs at some supposedly-formal dinner, then film them having sex with children, and then threaten to distribute the films unless they did what they were told.)

That, and things like The Franklin Coverup conspiracy theory.

I haven't read anything he wrote about that specifically, but I have heard the rumor that he was killed because he was planning to expose it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Guys! Guys! Finally we have incontrovertible proof that unvaccinated children are healthier than vaccinated children: "Studies Prove Without Doubt That Unvaccinated Children Are Far Healthier"

Oh, how was the data collected, you ask? Well, they cite a page that talks about the paper directly: New Study: Vaccinated Children Have 2 to 5 Times More Diseases and Disorders Than Unvaccinated Children

quote:

The data was collected from parents with vaccine-free children via an internet questionnaire by vaccineinjury.info and Andreas Bachmair, a German classical homeopathic practitioner.

:cripes:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

http://vaccineinjury.info/

http://vaccineinjury.info/vaccinations-in-general/health-unvaccinated-children.html

Look man what are you complaining about? They have a captcha and everything.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Would somebody please tell me why Alex Jones thinks that Transhumanists want his gizzard?

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Yarbald posted:

That's the argument I always try to make, I just get a dumb "hiding in plain sight" type of response.

My "understanding" is that symbols like the pyramid, all-seeing-eye, etc represent a greater belief system at large, gnosticism specifically. The relationship (and validity, obviously - I'm not a crackpot I swear) between gnosticism, secret societies, and the CIA is a lot harder to put any sense or meaning to

Edit: The mass use of these symbols and occult mythos in music videos and movies is PURE MARKETING. If you don't think that pretending to know a secret isn't a good way to get people to buy your product, you have never founded a cult.

Roargasm fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 3, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

QuarkJets posted:

Guys! Guys! Finally we have incontrovertible proof that unvaccinated children are healthier than vaccinated children: "Studies Prove Without Doubt That Unvaccinated Children Are Far Healthier"

Oh, how was the data collected, you ask? Well, they cite a page that talks about the paper directly: New Study: Vaccinated Children Have 2 to 5 Times More Diseases and Disorders Than Unvaccinated Children

:cripes:

NaturalBlaze sounds like an unholy combination of Natural News and Glen Beck's The Blaze.

That reminds me of someone countering the "holy poo poo that guy is blue!" talk when describing that silvered water woo, where they claimed that having blue skin was our actual natural state of being completely "toxin" free. The rest of us without blue skin are horribly infected with toxins forced on us by the lizardmen illuminati monsanto satanists.

But I do love how its all self reporting by people who have already bought into anti-vac. But then in the psuedoscientific world, anecdotes and eye witness testimony is more important than any actual evidence or facts or reality.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

some idiot posted:

People who go to medical school are brainwashed. They have to follow what they are told or else. Medical school never cultivate independence and thinking, they insist on conformity. - See more at: http://www.naturalblaze.com/2014/02/studies-prove-without-doubt-that.html#sthash.pPTVeXb3.dpuf

This is everything wrong with the whole god drat "naturopathic" movement. You know what we call natural remedies that have been proven to work? Medicine.

I work in a hospital, I saw someone a while ago who had been receiving naturopathic chemotherapy to treat stage IV breast cancer. Her entire chest was basically a gaping wound. BUT WESTERN MEDICINE DOESN'T WORK

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

NaturalBlaze sounds like an unholy combination of Natural News and Glen Beck's The Blaze.

That reminds me of someone countering the "holy poo poo that guy is blue!" talk when describing that silvered water woo, where they claimed that having blue skin was our actual natural state of being completely "toxin" free. The rest of us without blue skin are horribly infected with toxins forced on us by the lizardmen illuminati monsanto satanists.

"You're taking INSULIN for diabetes?? Here, have a blueberry!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pd187 posted:

"You're taking INSULIN for diabetes?? Here, have a blueberry!"

Don't you mean a smurfberry?

I really worry that there are people out there that are actually doing harm to themselves and their families by following natural cures. I've read about people who have not been able to be cured by regular medicine (for a variety of reasons) and have turned to natural cures, ended up dieing and leaving their families tons of debt because they are hideously expensive and obviously not covered by insurance.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Yarbald posted:

This is everything wrong with the whole god drat "naturopathic" movement. You know what we call natural remedies that have been proven to work? Medicine.

I work in a hospital, I saw someone a while ago who had been receiving naturopathic chemotherapy to treat stage IV breast cancer. Her entire chest was basically a gaping wound. BUT WESTERN MEDICINE DOESN'T WORK

What the hell is naturopathic chemotherapy? Using the radiation from chunks of granite to target cancer cells?

Grouchy Smurf
Mar 12, 2012

"Interesting Quote"
-Interesting guy

Shadeoses posted:

What the hell is naturopathic chemotherapy? Using the radiation from chunks of granite to target cancer cells?

You have obviously messed the memo. Cancer doesn't really exist, it simply our body reacting to our abusive lifestyle.
Everything can be fixed by drinking Edelweiss extract and touching a dreamcatcher.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Yarbald posted:

People who go to medical school are brainwashed. They have to follow what they are told or else. Medical school never cultivate independence and thinking, they insist on conformity.

Doc Frankenstein is my hero.

They kicked me out of med school just because I had the vision to try plugging a human heart in backwards. They hate original thought!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

twistedmentat posted:

I really worry that there are people out there that are actually doing harm to themselves and their families by following natural cures. I've read about people who have not been able to be cured by regular medicine (for a variety of reasons) and have turned to natural cures, ended up dieing and leaving their families tons of debt because they are hideously expensive and obviously not covered by insurance.

Maybe documented, maybe not. I do know there was a couple recently that got prison time and had their kid taken away because their first died as a result of them praying for a cure of pneumonia or something instead of going to the hospital. After that they were barred from doing it again and were caught doing the same for their second kid

Here it is http://www.wpxi.com/news/ap/top-news/pa-couple-face-prison-after-sons-prayer-deaths/ndSx7/

They look like real winners too

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

twistedmentat posted:

What's The Harm posted:

368,379 people killed, 306,096 injured and over $2,815,931,000 in economic damages
Lots of stories here, not all of them have been failed by conventional medicine, many don't even try.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

twistedmentat posted:

But I do love how its all self reporting by people who have already bought into anti-vac. But then in the psuedoscientific world, anecdotes and eye witness testimony is more important than any actual evidence or facts or reality.

The blue skin thing is true. Caucasian people stopped having blue skin around 1939 when the yellow fever vaccine was distributed globally following Max Theiler's work on the disease. Most people aren't aware of this because it's the same year that The Wizard of Oz came out, which was the first movie in color. Movies prior to that are black and white shots of blue "whites", and often required face paint to make the actors look more white, which was desireable. A curious but notable example of failed messaging is the current distaste of blackface as racist, when in actuality "blackface" actors were simply more blue than normal, which in B&W comes across as a dark black.

The yellow brick road is an allusion to yellow fever, which is what killed Frank Baum's niece.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
A little late to the "Oscars are the tool of the Devil!" chat, but I can never not hear this in my head whenever a conspiracy theorist goes off into Bible Detective mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mePjkQW_c

I mean, this might just be because I didn't grow up with religion in my life, but it's just so weird for me to see actual grown adults pull this sort of elementary school, magical Encyclopedia Brown sort of poo poo. Like the most evil magic man is going to leave you secret clues so you can defeat him by uh...not...watching a tv show? Like, what, is the Devil actually just a really lazy The Riddler or something?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
They believe that the devil isnt allowed to lead some overt conquest of Earth so he takes a more subtle route and grabs you in ways you wouldn't anticipate (Somehow, God is ok with this I guess? I mean he's omniscient so he must know)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SocketWrench posted:

Maybe documented, maybe not. I do know there was a couple recently that got prison time and had their kid taken away because their first died as a result of them praying for a cure of pneumonia or something instead of going to the hospital. After that they were barred from doing it again and were caught doing the same for their second kid

Here it is http://www.wpxi.com/news/ap/top-news/pa-couple-face-prison-after-sons-prayer-deaths/ndSx7/

They look like real winners too

A friend posted this to facebook and there were people commenting about how they will never use western medicine. I had to block the thread before I lost my mind. It was bad enough having someone argue Fukushima was a massive disaster only to have them link to a loving chemtrails website for their evidence, get called out on it, and then double down on chemtrails being the real deal.

Zachack posted:

The blue skin thing is true. Caucasian people stopped having blue skin around 1939 when the yellow fever vaccine was distributed globally following Max Theiler's work on the disease. Most people aren't aware of this because it's the same year that The Wizard of Oz came out, which was the first movie in color. Movies prior to that are black and white shots of blue "whites", and often required face paint to make the actors look more white, which was desireable. A curious but notable example of failed messaging is the current distaste of blackface as racist, when in actuality "blackface" actors were simply more blue than normal, which in B&W comes across as a dark black.

The yellow brick road is an allusion to yellow fever, which is what killed Frank Baum's niece.

Please source your quotes. :psypop:

Grouchy Smurf
Mar 12, 2012

"Interesting Quote"
-Interesting guy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Please source your quotes. :psypop:

Can I do it instead?
None. Blue skin is a main symptom of two "common" medical conditions, one of which is silver poisoning.
There are thousand of colour photographs from the 1900's where people are white.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Grouchy Smurf posted:

Can I do it instead?
None. Blue skin is a main symptom of two "common" medical conditions, one of which is silver poisoning.
There are thousand of colour photographs from the 1900's where people are white.

Psh way to buy the NWO's lies. And as everyone knows, old color photographs had poor tint accuracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Grouchy Smurf posted:

Can I do it instead?

This is 100% true. We have also seen a recent increase in Blue Skin Syndrome (codename BS^2). It happened after that movie "Avatar" suddenly triggered people, and we had an increase in blue people all around the world.

• Locked thread