Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Artificer posted:

So if I, as a 15 day old newbie, hop into a cruiser or something...?

You'll be given 50m when it dies. With a t1 fit, that's probably double what you paid for it. With a fully t2 fit and ACRs and every bell and whistle imaginable, you're probably still coming out ahead, especially if you insured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Voyager I posted:

Graviton Physics just became the best PvE skill in the game.

:getin:

Suddenly, suicide is the only option.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Faction frigate reimbursement is still 25m, so even with the doubling you'd still eat most of the cost. Sorry.

Really though who gives a poo poo about that, the real upside of this is what it does to t1 ships and the newbie experience. You can literally forgo ratting altogether unless you want to start flying crazy faction poo poo and/or plexing your account.

I'm pretty happy with the announcement, it'll allow me to fly my Jaguar whenever, although I might just get it blown up so I can buy a Keres :getin:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Fix Lag posted:

:getin:

Suddenly, suicide is the only option.

The downside is that our stratops will probably have no dictors left after first contact with the enemy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I can't wait for some idiot to be caught trying to repeat self-destruct for profit and be booted.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Unless something has changed you still gotta post a killmail to get reimbursed. Any retard dumb enough to self destruct in an attempt to defraud would be caught before they even got money.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Elmnt80 posted:

Groon is a lowsec shell corp for Goonswarm and totally not an irrelevant syndicate alliance with no ties to the CFC outside of blue standings with goonswarm because of goon solidarity or some poo poo.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1yvf29/everyone_was_being_so_nice/

Is this the guy I scammed or was this someone else's victim?!

Did the tears I caused embody themselves in the form of a Reddit post? :allears:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Self-destructing doesn't generate a killmail that you could link for reimbursement.

This doesn't mean nobody will try it; it just means they're going to end up silently burying their shame.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

I can't wait for some idiot to be caught trying to repeat self-destruct for profit and be booted.

I'd say nobody's that stupid, but several people have been kicked for taking all of the ESS money, despite it sending an evemail to everyone who contributed telling them who took it.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT

Artificer posted:

So if I, as a 15 day old newbie, hop into a cruiser or something...?

Lead yourself and 50 more newbies to glorious deaths.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008

Alchenar posted:

I'd say nobody's that stupid, but several people have been kicked for taking all of the ESS money, despite it sending an evemail to everyone who contributed telling them who took it.

Holy poo poo, people are really that dumb?...

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Cerebral Wolf posted:

Holy poo poo, people are really that dumb?...

I didn't know that it did the Evemail thing.

Mexplosivo
Mar 8, 2007

The monetary system is not ratified by society yet it shapes and dictates our entire existence...
Oh man, if i was losing a ton of dictors before...

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
MITTENS, ETERNAL CEO OF MY HEART

Time to start training for a sabre

Edit: How many sabre deaths does it take to pay for an aeon this is inportant

Narceisis
Sep 21, 2004

Kheldragar posted:

I didn't know that it did the Evemail thing.

Read the fine print ;p

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
I was debating whether to spend this month training Gallente Cruiser V or Interdictors. I see now that I've made the wrong choice. :smith:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Voyager I posted:

The downside is that our stratops will probably have no dictors left after first contact with the enemy.

Considering there's like six dudes in the alliance that can actually fly one effectively I'm not entirely sure how this changes anything.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

Considering there's like six dudes in the alliance that can actually fly one effectively I'm not entirely sure how this changes anything.

Quantity is a type of quality.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Voyager I posted:

Blow up > receive 50 million > repeat

I thought it required certain fits and skill levels to get reimbursed?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Artificer posted:

I thought it required certain fits and skill levels to get reimbursed?

Not for peacetime. Just don't have a retarded fit and you'll be fine.

JwintooX
Jul 6, 2013
All I'm gunna see after the pirate frigs changes ...... Worms and curior's everywhere in FW :-/

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
A serious-business fleet flies specific ships with specific fittings and will typically have basic skill requirements for reimbursement, at least on the more expensive ships (we also have strategic support fleets for newbies that have very easy-to-train fits and no skill requirements). However, general "loving around in space" ships aren't subject to such strict scrutiny. Something expensive might require T2 guns or get denied for a terrible fit, but the kind of things you'll fly as a newbie are basically guaranteed reimbursement.

Pie_r_round
Oct 10, 2008
About a week after I grind up into T2 lasers, we drop Ammar from main fleet doctrine. Now the golden banana is back after four years, and a 100% bonus to reimbursement too? I just might get back into fleets, shooting poo poo with my lasers.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Mimetic posted:

I was debating whether to spend this month training Gallente Cruiser V or Interdictors. I see now that I've made the wrong choice. :smith:

Pfft, you can't make the wrong choice there. Either way is a win. (well training speed loss aside since they are inverted for stats. Perception/Will power vs. Willpower/Perception for primary/secondary)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Pfft, you can't make the wrong choice there. Either way is a win. (well training speed loss aside since they are inverted for stats. Perception/Will power vs. Willpower/Perception for primary/secondary)

It's not a very big gulf is you're perc/will anyway. I trained every t2 combat hull to 5 with per/will and it wasn't very bad.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

HelloSailorSign posted:

Not for peacetime. Just don't have a retarded fit and you'll be fine.

Even t1 cruisers can probably have a shitfit and still get reimbursed, its just usually t2 and faction ships that have a requirement of being t2 fit.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
So besides tackling frigates, what's something cheap to fly for what's coming up? I have HACs, recons, interceptors, covops, and AFs for minmatar, caldari, and gallente (mostly the former two) but flying around in a 50-200m ship on day 1 doesn't strike me as a good idea. Is the fyf celestis going to get much use or is that mostly for war time large fleet stuff?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

padijun posted:

So besides tackling frigates, what's something cheap to fly for what's coming up? I have HACs, recons, interceptors, covops, and AFs for minmatar, caldari, and gallente (mostly the former two) but flying around in a 50-200m ship on day 1 doesn't strike me as a good idea. Is the fyf celestis going to get much use or is that mostly for war time large fleet stuff?

Depends on what squads you join, but Harpies and interceptors are relatively cheap and super fun, not to mention you make 90m and 70m in reimbursement respectively. FYF is generally for larger fleets but individual celestii are still valuable ships to bring to small gangs.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

padijun posted:

Is the fyf celestis going to get much use or is that mostly for war time large fleet stuff?

I hope FYF gets used a lot since the forces of ~elite PvP~ hate it so much but you can take a Celestis on just about any fleet that gets formed that's not frigates only.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Rhymenoserous posted:

This will probably bring back a lot of old-timers who used to fly dictors all the time and then switched to something else when their clones got too expensive to suicide several times on every fleet op.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

bonewitch posted:

Depends on what squads you join, but Harpies and interceptors are relatively cheap and super fun, not to mention you make 90m and 70m in reimbursement respectively. FYF is generally for larger fleets but individual celestii are still valuable ships to bring to small gangs.

I haven't done anything fleet related since we lived in syndicate, so I think I'll stick to celestiseses for now.

I just got mumble set up. Currently working on getting my overview unfucked.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh that CEO update is loving beautiful.

I'm about 2 weeks away from flying my dream ship (Vagabond) and I was a little worried about how I was going to fund more than a few of them under peacetime reimbursement. Now I can lose them all day and come out ahead. I am giddy as hell.

I forgot about my arty wolves... Oh God the arty wolves. :awesome:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stealth bombers being reimbursed 90M is going to be odd. We already lose several to AFKs, pos guns, etc., per op.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Nietzschean posted:

Stealth bombers being reimbursed 90M is going to be odd. We already lose several to AFKs, pos guns, etc., per op.

Our Newbees are going to get rich getting nuked in Celestis aren't they?

This is the best day ever. :toot:

Edit: I'm going to faction fit everything. :getin:

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 26, 2014

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
I guess this is what happens when we give in to the horrible evil of using renters for money.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

I guess this is what happens when we give in to the horrible evil of using renters for money.

We are literally space bourgeoise now. This is better than the technetium empire.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
We are BoB :kheldragar:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Every time I welp in FW space, I learn some tiny fraction of how to pvp.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

deadtear posted:

We are BoB :kheldragar:

Countdown to Haargoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

i do cocaine posted:

We are literally space bourgeoise now. This is better than the technetium empire.
"My lord, the people have no Battleships with which to fight!"
"Then let them fly caps."

• Locked thread