Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

BrandNew posted:

This is all well and good but weed instead of doing any of that in this scenario started the next round by TKing him instantly.

How zany and hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Necc0 posted:

0:31 : Honestly at this point I had no idea how you were still alive.

my hands were cold and I was using a USP

I didn't realize how mindblowingly random his shot on me (laceychabert) in the site was, given the rest of the round/game/life

I am incredibly ashamed of this round.

also antipax or whatever, your main sin in this round was basically just not having the game sense to know that the bomb was planted, there was only one terrorist left, and your teammates were actively fighting him. You could have easily pushed from behind him and killed him while he was fighting the two of us in the site, but instead you were walking and not helping at all until it was way too late. That would be why weed kept yelling STOP WALKING!!!

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 26, 2014

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

down with slavery posted:

How zany and hilarious

:getout:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Had a random Comp MMing encounter with a wild GO:ONS a couple games ago. Dr. Desert D Eagle Dh. D Good game! You're deag skills are far beyond my own and you deserved to win that game. 3 of the people on my team thought you were hacking with those 1deags.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wish to meet this man.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
What's good Flashbang :iamafag:

Ever since I bought this stattrak hypno deag I stopped missing. Pretty sure my bullets are magnetic.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 26, 2014

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

sup

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

NTT posted:

What's good Flashbang :iamafag:

Ever since I bought this stattrak hypno deag I stopped missing. Pretty sure my bullets are magnetic.

It has to be. I picked it up one round on CT side, Shot two bullets and got some dude in the face.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Want that. So bad, uhguhuhgh :gizz:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I have one of those, but my inventory still doesn't apply in game so...Forever useless. Like my skill.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Video of :weed:(t0tt) drilling the new goons

Edit: No offense to the goons named in the video, I just picked some random names I know aren't topfraggers

Daeno fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 26, 2014

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
get on your knees and tk yourself

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I've bound \ to kill myself, I'll remember to hit that if I ever play a game with :weed: and he starts TKing me

PelvicThrust
Oct 22, 2009

And one for the doctor

Is the coaching feature still broken as gently caress? I want t0tt to yell at me in this fashion as a coach. I would be motivated.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I like tott because he not only tells you you're a loving idiot, but why and how to fix it. When the stars align and you actually manage to do something right, you will also occasionally give you a "nice job, idiot, you somehow managed not to gently caress that up."

You guys have it easy, I somehow manage to keep team shooting him all the time :v:

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Another masterpiece.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I like tot because every time he peeks against me he gets stattrak glocked in the face.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Daeno posted:

Edit: No offense to the goons named in the video, I just picked some random names I know aren't topfraggers

"I bet you hack so hard there are no walls in your house"

Stealin that.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Daeno posted:

Should have used "Daeno" :smug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Daeno posted:

I feel like I'm the second guy but you couldn't spell my name

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Don't know if I've been playing with cheaters or not, but it is weird to me that the top fragger in every matchmaking game I've been in so far seems to have just 1-2 games on their steam account with less than 30 hours of playtime in CSGO. And usually they get like 40 kills as well.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Xenaero posted:

I wish to meet this man.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xp67/

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vagabond_cookie/

:colbert:

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

PRADA SLUT posted:

I like tot because every time he peeks against me he gets stattrak glocked in the face.

This is not true. :colbert:

Actually maybe it is... (who are you in game?)

Edit:

Smol posted:

Don't know if I've been playing with cheaters or not, but it is weird to me that the top fragger in every matchmaking game I've been in so far seems to have just 1-2 games on their steam account with less than 30 hours of playtime in CSGO. And usually they get like 40 kills as well.

This is probably cheating but without a demo you have to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's just people smurfing. Matchmaking automatically takes demos that you can download and view afterward in case you want to check those players out.

Gristley Bear fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 26, 2014

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Silver IV here.

Can I get some feedback on my performance in a match?

Link to in-game demo

My performance in the first half was great imo, but for some reason everything went wrong in the second half. I went through the demo myself and I think that the game was thrown away at Round 17 -- I don't think we ever recovered from our failed retake of B at the end of that round.

I'd appreciate some :words: if anyone is bored and wants to help a scrub.

edit: Forgot to mention the username -- it's sentir

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 26, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Love Stole the Day posted:

Silver IV here.

Can I get some feedback on my performance in a match?

Link to in-game demo

My performance in the first half was great imo, but for some reason everything went wrong in the second half. I went through the demo myself and I think that the game was thrown away at Round 17 -- I don't think we ever recovered from our failed retake of B at the end of that round.

I'd appreciate some :words: if anyone is bored and wants to help a scrub.

I wouldn't mind reviewing it for you, but you'd have to tell me/us what your name in game is. The demos aren't from your perspective they are GOTV demos where you can spec anyone.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

I can't watch the whole thing at the moment, but I watched the first 10-11 rounds or so. I'm not going to go into individual round breakdowns or anything like that, but here's a few things I noticed.

Your play isn't bad, you can tell you're learning, but I've seen a lot worse. You can also see that the ping is an issue. I don't know if you were playing with friends or you were matched into that server, but you should try to lower your maximum ping in the options and try to get a ping under 75 whenever possible. It's hard to learn CS with a ping 100+.

More specific things:

- Your crosshair placement isn't TERRIBLE, but it's not perfect either. Try to keep your crosshair where you think enemies are going to come from, and do this AT ALL TIMES. Never just assume (especially in random MMs) that your team mates will be watching the right area, and definitely don't assume they'll get every kill. A few times you come up long looking towards A ramp when you should be watching cat or CT. Even though it's smoked, people can still spot you over the smoke, around the smoke, etc. So keep your crosshair where enemies might be.

- You seem overly cautious in some places. I wouldn't exactly call it baiting, but there's a lot of letting your team mates go first, and not pushing in with the group, generally that's just bad practice. The Ts have to rely on strength in numbers to take a site, so taking them WITH your team is always the ideal situation. Whenever possible never let a team mate go in alone (unless he's doing something really stupid in which case, let him go die), but if he's doing something smart or according to your teams strat for the round, try to make sure he's not alone.

- Another thing, and this is more of a personal pet peeve, but still generally good practice, if your team mates are walking, let them walk. Unless you know for a fact that no enemies are there (and you've expressed that to them), then let them walk and don't blow their cover by running behind them or jumping etc. If they want to try and be sneaky into B, then let them.

- There are a few cases where you're moving when shooting, especially with the AK. It can be a hard habit to break if you come from other games, but in CS, your accuracy is only going to be spot on when you've stopped moving. Sometimes you have to kind of spray and run, trying to get to cover or what have you. But in a normal fight, always try to stop moving and shoot. Strafe, stop completely, fire. Strafe, stop completely, fire. And if you're going to spray, as dangerous as it is, you need to stand still and focus on controlling the recoil. Spraying is "random" enough without the movement penalty.

- A couple of times in the early part of the game you repeak an AWPer at mid, but you do it in the same exact spot every time. Crouching behind barrels, popping up and firing a couple of times, crouching, and repeating. The first time it gets you killed, and the second time a team mate saves you. I know you're playing against Silvers or whatever, but you should play every game as if your opponents are significantly better than you. And in that respect, repeaking an AWPer in the same exact place is going to get you killed if the AWPer has any idea at all what he's doing. Try to change your angle, change your approach, or even leave the area and deal with the AWPer later. But repeatedly peaking him the same exact way is just going to get you killed.

And the last thing I want to mention, while I wasn't necessarily looking for positives, your cautiousness does allow for one good thing, that being when the bomb is down, you're not chasing after the last guy. Leaving the bomb site or running around trying to find that one last thing, that's a good thing. So while you're working on being aggressive at the right times, and pushing in with your team, don't lose the focus to not push guys after the bomb is planted. Make them come to you, you don't have to go to them.

Overall, honestly you're not that bad, there have been plenty worse. You just lack a few of the basic things that come with a lot of match experience, but I think you'll get there. If I can and/or remember later, I'll try to watch the rest of the demo. Good luck.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Daeno posted:

Please don't stop making these.

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013

Daeno posted:

Love this. Ive never been on the receiving end of t0tt wrath in game, just his bullets.

On which note I wish t0tt would stop shooting me in the face faster than i can shoot him :argh:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Who's the goon who was designing weapons/stickers? I want to try this out but don't know the software process that leads to the creative stage of actually making the design.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Dickbutt sticker plz

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

NTT posted:

Who's the goon who was designing weapons/stickers? I want to try this out but don't know the software process that leads to the creative stage of actually making the design.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/workshop/stickers/

Thank goodness there's this handy guide!

I find the easiest way to make the VTF/VMT files required for this guide is with VTFEdit and any image editor that can make PNGs. Make your png, flatten it with alpha layer for the transparent parts, and then go to VTFEdit and import your PNG. Then make a VMT file for it. I have no idea about shaders or anything because that's as much as I've ever done, but I think the guide explains it, I just don't have time to read the whole thing right now.

Just promise me you never make something like this.

Lavender Philtrum fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 26, 2014

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Lavender Philtrum posted:

http://blog.counter-strike.net/workshop/stickers/

Thank goodness there's this handy guide!

I find the easiest way to make the VTF/VMT files required for this guide is with VTFEdit and any image editor that can make PNGs. Make your png, flatten it with alpha layer for the transparent parts, and then go to VTFEdit and import your PNG. Then make a VMT file for it. I have no idea about shaders or anything because that's as much as I've ever done, but I think the guide explains it, I just don't have time to read the whole thing right now.

Just promise me you never make something like this.

You forgot to link so we could vote for it?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Daeno, that video is fantastic, and I'm not talking about the player.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I feel like I was cheating. 16-1 victory against some Silver I's and something like a 24-5 score for for myself. I'm so good at this game. :v:

Edit: I mean I suck, but I've no idea what those guys were doing. I guess there are worse players than me after all.

Smol fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 26, 2014

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mm is so loving random sometimes, played a game last night with a team of dbl aks and we were convinced the other team were smurf accounts or possibly hacking, either way, playing well beyond what people in our rank should do. just turns out were were playing an entire team of lems.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I've noticed a couple accounts I've played against who did suspiciously well were like 10 year accounts...With nothing but GO and very few hours. Which on its own is fine, if of course they didn't have a bunch of friends that were vac banned.

You're just gonna run into crazy poo poo no matter what rank, I think. It's the nature of a popular competitive video game. You aren't gonna get fair games every time, misranks or cheaters or smurfs or whatever have you, y'know?

Shame, though.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Xenaero posted:

I've noticed a couple accounts I've played against who did suspiciously well were like 10 year accounts...With nothing but GO and very few hours. Which on its own is fine, if of course they didn't have a bunch of friends that were vac banned.

You're just gonna run into crazy poo poo no matter what rank, I think. It's the nature of a popular competitive video game. You aren't gonna get fair games every time, misranks or cheaters or smurfs or whatever have you, y'know?

Shame, though.
In fairness, my alt CSGO account is like 7 or 8 years old, low 8dig steam ID and has only a couple of games on it. It's just an account I've had sitting around forever, could still be a smurf.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

I made a base sticker illustration, but I need ideas for the background and the text to wrap around it. I'm thinking sunburst for the background, but I want suggestions for the text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

NTT posted:

I made a base sticker illustration, but I need ideas for the background and the text to wrap around it. I'm thinking sunburst for the background, but I want suggestions for the text.

"Sharing is Caring"

• Locked thread