Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Nietzschean posted:

Stealth bombers being reimbursed 90M is going to be odd. We already lose several to AFKs, pos guns, etc., per op.

Have we even had a Siege Fleet op in a while? Even before B-R I don't remember seeing one for a couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

nessin posted:

Have we even had a Siege Fleet op in a while? Even before B-R I don't remember seeing one for a couple of weeks.

Who needs Siege Fleet when you can use dreads? :smug:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

Lyris Nairn.

edit:

Someone should leak that update to Gevlon Goblin. Things just haven't been the same since the ISDs shut down his multiple threads of autistic meltdowns, and I think that'd prompt him to start another one.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

I haven't keys to dreads, and I must shoot structures.

Addamere fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 26, 2014

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
~My first fight with Black Legion~
by Leo Showers

So we form a Harpy Fleet with over 100 members, however it appeared that people were joining it and not in QPO. We fight Black Legion who are in Maelstroms, they get a bombing run off on us initially but that was okay. We then warp around station and end up fighting them on a POS but they drop Triage Carriers while we are still shooting in our Harpy Fleet. Our FC makes the call to reship to Dominixs but no-one has them.

The end.

The Triage carriers was a bit of a :confused: moment as we really weren't killing that much so who knows.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leo Showers posted:

The Triage carriers was a bit of a :confused: moment as we really weren't killing that much so who knows.

You must not know how to leet pvp :colbert:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
The original call out was that Black Legion had like 100 Maelstroms in QPO and all we could form up at the time was a Harpy Fleet. I think they ended up bridging in more support and were ready for a fight, all they ended up doing was incapping a JB and shoot an onlining POS. At first we figured a Super was tackled or something because they bridged the Maelstroms in but it doesn't really seem like it.

Tell
May 26, 2013
I'm struggling a bit with a skill decision.

My char is currently int/mem mapped and I would like to push some NAV skills before I remap to per/wil for guns and spaceship command. The char will fly mainly AssFrigs, Covert-Ops, Ceptor, Dictor, HAC and Recon-Ships.

My current skill levels are:
Acceleration Control 4
Afterburner 4
Cynosural Field Theory 5
Evasive Maneuvering 5
Fuel Conservation 4
High Speed Maneuvering 4
Navigation 5
Warp Drive Operation 4

Would it be worth to train any of those skills to level 5? I guess Warp Drive Operation 5 is a must for Covert Ops and Ceptors and the cap skills are probably nice to have. But I'm wondering especially if Acceleration Control 5 would be a good improvement.

THX for the help.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Leo Showers posted:

The original call out was that Black Legion had like 100 Maelstroms in QPO and all we could form up at the time was a Harpy Fleet. I think they ended up bridging in more support and were ready for a fight, all they ended up doing was incapping a JB and shoot an onlining POS. At first we figured a Super was tackled or something because they bridged the Maelstroms in but it doesn't really seem like it.

We put up a new JB and then 15 minutes later BL came in again and killed that one too. Now there's yet another JB that went up. HOW LONG WILL THIS ONE LAST

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Tell posted:

Acceleration Control 4
Afterburner 4
Cynosural Field Theory 5
Evasive Maneuvering 5
Fuel Conservation 4
High Speed Maneuvering 4
Navigation 5
Warp Drive Operation 4

Would it be worth to train any of those skills to level 5?

Afterburner V is potentially valuable for AHACs, especially the Zealot. Not a long train either, if I recall correctly.

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

Before they breed, male Mallards have bright green/blue heads. After breeding season, they molt and become brown all over, to make it easier to hide in the brush while nesting.

~SMcD

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Afterburner V is potentially valuable for AHACs, especially the Zealot. Not a long train either, if I recall correctly.

It's a 1x skill, so ~5 days to take IV to V - worth having, especially with AFK 100mn's and it reducing AB cap usage.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

What's the current resource for finding out how reimbursement works and what fits are reimbursable? 100% reimbursement bonus sounds to me like "lead your first frigate roam, take advantage of being space bourgeois" but the wiki is always out of date and I'm not really familiar with confluence etc :geno:

xxCrackersxx
Dec 15, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

I know, using bombers to kill towers has taken the fun out of the game not only for the enemy but myself as well.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Otacon posted:

We put up a new JB and then 15 minutes later BL came in again and killed that one too. Now there's yet another JB that went up. HOW LONG WILL THIS ONE LAST

Down it goes.

Wait, that's an old message.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 26, 2014

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Pham Nuwen posted:

What's the current resource for finding out how reimbursement works and what fits are reimbursable? 100% reimbursement bonus sounds to me like "lead your first frigate roam, take advantage of being space bourgeois" but the wiki is always out of date and I'm not really familiar with confluence etc :geno:

Confluence would be the place to check.

This new reimbursement rules, especially since it came just in time for me to get my first T1 cruiser skills. Time to stock up on stabbers.

Edit - just put together 4 fully newbee fit stabbers for about 75m, most of the cost being in the hulls and rigs. Can't wait to blow these up.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Feb 26, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Pham Nuwen posted:

There aren't specific fits for peacetime reimbursement. The rules distill down to "Don't be retarded. Don't put guns on logi. Don't fly a dictor of any kind without cloak + launcher + prop mod."

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

2014.02.26 08:25:00

Victim: Kabuki Sh'poopi
Corp: Republic University
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Rifter
System: VFK-IV
Security: -0.8
Damage Taken: 1285

Involved parties:

Name: Lev Evotori (laid the final blow)
Security: 0.90
Corp: GoonWaffe
Alliance: Goonswarm Federation
Faction: None
Ship: Hurricane
Weapon: 425mm AutoCannon II
Damage Done: 1285

:saddowns: I almost made it had no chance. I just wanted to come hang out in space, you guys.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I was wondering if that was you. I thought you had a character in Goonwaffe?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I had a character in goonfleet waaaay back, I think it's name was Sharkelberry or something. I kinda want to join up again but I would feel bad about leaving my real life friends behind.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I had a character in goonfleet waaaay back, I think it's name was Sharkelberry or something. I kinda want to join up again but I would feel bad about leaving my real life friends behind.

can they reimburse your ship losses so you profit from dying?

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

"My lord, the people have no Battleships with which to fight!"
"Then let them fly caps."

Was this a Marie Antoinette bread/cake reference, or am I just daft?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Daktari posted:

You are right, but you are also wrong

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Tell posted:

My char is currently int/mem mapped and I would like to push some NAV skills before I remap to per/wil for guns and spaceship command. The char will fly mainly AssFrigs, Covert-Ops, Ceptor, Dictor, HAC and Recon-Ships.

Acceleration Control 4
Afterburner 4
Cynosural Field Theory 5
Evasive Maneuvering 5
Fuel Conservation 4
High Speed Maneuvering 4
Navigation 5
Warp Drive Operation 4

Would it be worth to train any of those skills to level 5? I guess Warp Drive Operation 5 is a must for Covert Ops and Ceptors and the cap skills are probably nice to have. But I'm wondering especially if Acceleration Control 5 would be a good improvement.

THX for the help.

Acceleration Control, Fuel Conservation, and High Speed Maneuvering seem like they'd all be useful to have at 5 if you don't mind wasting about a month.

Daktari posted:

I liked Lyris' reference better.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

darth cookie posted:

can they reimburse your ship losses so you profit from dying?

Nope, but since I kinda talked the game up to one of my friends and he subbed a new account, I'd kind of feel like a shitheel just welping on out to null and leaving him in gallente highsec clueless and alone. :(

I am trying to convince him that high sec space is the poops and he needs to start blowing up asap, but he wants to start Space-Farmville for some reason (:cripes:) and scanning down sites. Maybe I'll just join up and see about sponsoring him in a few months or something.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just train up one character for frigates and get that guy in GS, then play around in high-sec with another character?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Nope, but since I kinda talked the game up to one of my friends and he subbed a new account, I'd kind of feel like a shitheel just welping on out to null and leaving him in gallente highsec clueless and alone. :(

I am trying to convince him that high sec space is the poops and he needs to start blowing up asap, but he wants to start Space-Farmville for some reason (:cripes:) and scanning down sites. Maybe I'll just join up and see about sponsoring him in a few months or something.

Maybe bring him into GS_Help where people can help convince him that highsec is terrible

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
"Teenagers Have Poor Judgement" stop using that joke wrong.

I guess I should at least explain the joke: In the 06/07(?) war against LV TCF suprise sieged 1v- which was typical TCF fashion. Goons rushed in to help and Redswarm Federation basically held the system. LV used this as an oppurtunity to unveil The Enslavers new Avatar and deploy the DDD through a cyno (a long dead mechanic). Despite destroying hundreds of ships RSF held the system and the station was named "1v- Teenagers have poor Judgement" in an attempt to point out The Enslaver was a child. The problem is Kugustumen outed Enslaver as a GM so clearly wasn't a child.

FoF fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Feb 26, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FoF posted:

I guess I should at least explain the joke: In the 06/07(?) war against LV TCF suprise sieged 1v- which was typical TCF fashion. Goons rushed in to help and Redswarm Federation basically held the system. LV used this as an oppurtunity to unveil The Enslavers new Avatar and deploy the DDD through a cyno (a long dead mechanic). Despite destroying hundreds of ships RSF held the system and the station was named "1v- Teenagers have poor Judgement" in an attempt to point out The Enslaver was a child. The problem is Kugustumen outed Enslaver as a GM so clearly wasn't a child.

Who are you talking to?

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

FoF, can we name Friend or Foe missiles after you?

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

Kheldragar posted:

FoF, can we name Friend or Foe missiles after you?

I do miss that they were called that.

E: Also Auto Targeting Missile is to long to change my username to.

FoF fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 26, 2014

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

FoF posted:

I was an FC during that whole time period. It's amazing looking back that Goonfleet survived and even thrived through all that. Loosing an entire fleet jumping into a system just because a frigate opened a cyno was the worst goddamn thing.

vehk
Jan 31, 2014

CFox posted:

I was an FC during that whole time period. It's amazing looking back that Goonfleet survived and even thrived through all that. Loosing an entire fleet jumping into a system just because a frigate opened a cyno was the worst goddamn thing.

I quit shortly after that because titans were so loving stupid and am only now coming back. Losing ships via a cyno kill-everything-on grid blast and then them bragging on forums how it was only lack of skill holding us back was :argh:

Speaking of does anyone know if KZF will drop anytime soon? I still have a ton of assets trapped there.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

CFox posted:

My memory from those days is super hazy but was that the time remedial suicide jumped his carrier to the gate to start making GBS threads out ships for everyone?

E: I posted some videos a couple weeks back of that day.

Goon POV of when Lotka Volterra remote Doomsday'd them in 1v-

http://youtu.be/N6ZZrxTB_FE

LV PoV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjlSKGa0LoE

Unrelated edit: Damp nerf from CCP also.

FoF fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 26, 2014

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

FoF posted:

My memory from those days is super hazy but was that the time remedial suicide jumped his carrier to the gate to start making GBS threads out ships for everyone?

That sounds about right. What I remember most is him being on teamspeak and rallying everyone to reship so we could fight it out with the actual fleet LV brought. Say what you will about the guy (and there's a lot to say) but he was a drat good motivator in those dark times.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm thinking of picking up the Second Decade CE, what would I be able to sell the 60 Day new account code for?

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Tell posted:

Acceleration Control 4
Afterburner 4
Cynosural Field Theory 5
Evasive Maneuvering 5
Fuel Conservation 4
High Speed Maneuvering 4
Navigation 5
Warp Drive Operation 4

THX for the help.

They are all good skills really since they benefit you in all ships and scenarios basically,

Acceleration control to 5 will increase MWD speed by 5%, not that big of a deal really.
Afterburner 4 is a short train but will see the most benefit. reduces the duration 5% and capacitor usage 10% of afterburners
Fuel conservation is 2x the training speed of afterburner 5 for the same 10% reduction to capacitor skill that afterburner 5 gets you. It's only around 7-8 days training.
High Speed maneuvering reduces MWD by 5% capacitor usage.
Warp driver operation is good for those poo poo warp sectors where you drain your entire capacitor if you don't have 5.

Look at your skills, if you have 5's in all your shield tank/armor tank/targeting/engineering skills and you want to "finish" section of your skill training, I would train all of them.

if you're still low SP and want to fly great ships faster, I would train Warp drive operation, afterburner and maybe fuel conservation and leave the rest. In a year/two time, you come back and polish the last of the skills. Acceleration and High Speed are usually pulsed items, as in you turn them on then off right away so you aren't going to see a HUGE increase from that 26 days training time.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

You can sponsor RL friends.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

FoF posted:

Goon POV of when Lotka Volterra remote Doomsday'd them in 1v-

I started playing in 2009, so I don't understand what I'm watching. Does that mean that a titan pilot was able to fire his AOE DD through a cyno frigate? Were the titans able to kill a whole fleet even without being at the same system?

That is crazy...

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Amberskin posted:

I started playing in 2009, so I don't understand what I'm watching. Does that mean that a titan pilot was able to fire his AOE DD through a cyno frigate? Were the titans able to kill a whole fleet even without being at the same system?

That is crazy...

Yes. :ccp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

Amberskin posted:

That is crazy...

They had to be in system but could be at a POS. Even once that got removed titans still roamed and killed everything that looked at them.

Bane Glorious wrote a short novel on titans which CCP printed out and used at a meeting to discuss titans: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0705/Titan_Manifesto.pdf

The thread for those who want a trip down memory lane: http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=518418

FoF fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 26, 2014

• Locked thread